The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

It's been fantastic to watch the career of golf's Ironman.

You have been a classy champion Bernhard.

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

Posted (edited)

Lunch for a hard working guy on a Saturday. 

BBQ chicken breast 

Baked beans 

Made in house potato salad -it's fantastic 

Ruffles chips 

and for dessert a still warm from the oven almond cookie 

Happy Saturday gents. I hope some of you get to play golf today. 

PXL_20240706_150949841.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, chisag said:

... Grilled a nice grass fed 18 oz NY Strip steak and it came out perfect after resting 5 minutes. I didn't even have to turn the grill on! 🤪 (Fish don't look at the 2nd picture!) Mushrooms and green beans with Pepper, Salt, Crushed Red Pepper and grass fed Butter. 

NYStrip.JPG.c913945040fa8226340a3ee732e5a4f6.JPGNYStripRare.JPG.262fc1b7baf51a9e9632d816ee9208df.JPG

I didn't even know that butter ate grass! 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

I didn't even know that butter ate grass! 

... Probably cause you buy 'Murican butter. I think if you put sea salt on the butter in New Zealand and most importantly show it some love, it will eat the grass? 🤷‍♂️

GrassFedButter.jpg.7ba1bf092d2b5a61abe25f0187d3dbb6.jpg

• Haha 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra Aerojet 20* 7 wood* ... Kai'Li 70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/49*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

2 hours ago, touch said:

Lunch for a hard working guy on a Saturday. 

BBQ chicken breast 

Baked beans 

Made in house potato salad -it's fantastic 

Ruffles chips 

and for desert a still warm from the oven almond cookie 

Happy Saturday gents. I hope some of you get to play golf today. 

Based on the color, I assume that they use a good amount of mustard in the potato salad which I absolutely love.  No golf here after playing on the 4th.  But, playing on the 13th and 21st which leads up to a return trip to Pebble Beach on the last weekend of the month.  We're playing Pebble and Spanish Bay again and this year's bonus round is at Spyglass Hill.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 4

Callaway Paradym 10.5* / Autoflex Dumina SF505

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

TM M1 5W 19* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Takomo 201 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 105X

Titleist SM8 50* 56* 60*  / PX IO 6.5 "8i Spinner"

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Snell MTB Black or Prime 4.0

Say, yall should go listen to my officially step daughter's rad AF set at PRB ...

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB, Vokey 50.8°F LA GOLF L Series 

56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

Say, yall should go listen to my officially step daughter's rad AF set at PRB ...

Not really what I listen to, but she is very talented and was good.  Maybe with Franks and Deans ending you could start a new thing with the Mini Mrs. Aen.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway AI Smoke Mini Driver 10.5*

Driver 2 - Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5*

5W - Cobra LTDx

4i - Honma TR20 V w/ Modus 105R

5i - GW - PXG 0211 ST w Steelfiber 95R

52* - Nakashima Black Ninja

58* - Cleveland RTX6

Putter - Odyssey Versa One

Ball - Srixon Q Star

33 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Not really what I listen to, but she is very talented and was good.  Maybe with Franks and Deans ending you could start a new thing with the Mini Mrs. Aen.

Ah, the last thing I'd want for her is to wind up with a buncha cynical old guys like us. She gets enough of that from her dad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mshills said:

The missus with a 💣 on #5, get it girl!

IMG_1580.mov 23.99 MB · 2 downloads  

I see the wife is on PXG Staff. 😉

Great tempo she has MS, and she does something just like this old blonde golfer. I do a deep exhale just before I pull the trigger in my swing. I see Mrs. MS does a double exhale. Doing so really helps to relax the shoulders, upper arms, and chest muscle groups. I preach to a lot of newbies to be as relaxed as possible over the ball. Exhaling helps to relax you. I also like waggling and dancing feet but those aren't for everybody.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, touch said:

I see the wife is on PXG Staff. 😉

Great tempo she has MS, and she does something just like this old blonde golfer. I do a deep exhale just before I pull the trigger in my swing. I see Mrs. MS does a double exhale. Doing so really helps to relax the shoulders, upper arms, and chest muscle groups. I preach to a lot of newbies to be as relaxed as possible over the ball. Exhaling helps to relax you. I also like waggling and dancing feet but those aren't for everybody.

😁 Her setup:

PXG driver

Great Big Bertha 7w

PxG irons

SeeMore putter

Sunday bag 

4’11” if she stands up real straight and she’s an athlete. Picking it up quick, I think the first ball she ever struck was about 16 months ago. We have a ton of fun playing together!

The missus was a professional dancer, primarily with Atlanta Ballet. She was also an emcee at the Coke Olympic City show for the 1996 Olympics, and is a sick hip hop dancer. She was the last girl cut from Prince’s Diamonds and Pearls tour. 

• Like 4

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Ping G430 Max HL 9W….+2”

PXG 0211 hybrids, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

55 minutes ago, mshills said:

He has such a handsome coat.

OK @mshills has started it. Hey those of you in the Lounge that have canine's, how about a photo of your dog?

Though I don't have a dog I still can contribute. This is Pepe (front) and Nacho. They are my sisters dogs. My younger sister Lisa is the biggest animal lover I have ever known. Years ago she rescued 7 dogs in less than 2 years. Thankfully she has a nice sized fenced in yard in Miami for them to run around. She also would take them all on walks on their individual leashes together. It was nuts looking.  The other 5 got old and ill and all had to be put down over the last two years. I has been hard on Lisa. These two scoundrels remain from the original pack of 7. . Pepe has only 3 legs as he was adopted missing his front left leg. Sis says back when the pack was whole Mr. Pepe was the second fastest even with his missing leg. Here are some photos of the other members of the rescue pack. The black Lab was rescued here in Asheville when my sister was visiting Mom and Dad. All the others were adopted in various parts of Dade County, FLA. 

pepe and nacho .jpg

Lisa's dogs .jpg

Bella dog .jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mshills said:

😁 Her setup:

PXG driver

Great Big Bertha 7w

PxG irons

SeeMore putter

Sunday bag 

4’11” if she stands up real straight and she’s an athlete. Picking it up quick, I think the first ball she ever struck was about 16 months ago. We have a ton of fun playing together!

The missus was a professional dancer, primarily with Atlanta Ballet. She was also an emcee at the Coke Olympic City show for the 1996 Olympics, and is a sick hip hop dancer. She was the last girl cut from Prince’s Diamonds and Pearls tour. 

Question, Can her husband cut the rug well enough to hang with her on the dancefloor? 😀

Will your athletic kids dance some? 

Well then..... Welcome to the greatest game Mrs. MS. It's cool that you guys have fun playing golf together and also exhibit I assume cheery dispositions on the course. 👍

After some time do you think she might be ok with playing with other couples? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aenemated said:

She has solid stage presence. She sings confidently no?

I only got a taste because if you thought I was going to listen to 15 minutes of Punk music you're high. 😄

• Haha 1

Our dogs have all passed away.  But trying to get a picture with all three was tough but here you go.

Chocolate lab - Harley

Beagle - Tasha

French Mastiff (my baby) - Skye

IMG_0021.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Driver - Callaway AI Smoke Mini Driver 10.5*

Driver 2 - Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5*

5W - Cobra LTDx

4i - Honma TR20 V w/ Modus 105R

5i - GW - PXG 0211 ST w Steelfiber 95R

52* - Nakashima Black Ninja

58* - Cleveland RTX6

Putter - Odyssey Versa One

Ball - Srixon Q Star

From being rescued at 3-4 months old from the Clark County Humane Society in Las Vegas to making it to 14 years old. Bandit was the kid I never had. We went to one of two dog parks together to romp with other dogs at least 6 days a week for all his years in Vegas. My dog loved to exercise and I wasn't going to deny him of it even if I was beat from working a weekend night on the Strip until 1 AM.  We went also too trips all over the west together. Portland, Bozeman, Salt Lake City and St. George in Utah, and about 4 Southern California beach towns. I bought a GMC Yukon as a second car just so Mr. Spots had a spacious back place to hang in during road trips. He loved the water and I had a blast getting wet with him be it swimming in Lake Mead, goofing around in my backyard pool in Scottsdale, or when he was old and pretty stiff we still would swim together in friends pools in Rancho Mirage. I had to put him down and it was so difficult for years to go on without him. I didn't want to experience that pain again so I decided he would be my last dog.

Bandit was a unique looking mutt. 

Ahhh the memories. 

baby bandit .JPG

bandit (1).JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Erik's first go at CC of A 

Tuesday at 3 PM was the tee time. Plenty of sunshine and only 82* with a 10 mph breeze !  It was gorgeous weather for golf in July. 

We had a good warm up at the range. Rolling some on the practice green I noticed that CCA's greens were back up to fast speed, I'd say 12.5  They were also more brown than they have been the last couple of times I played there. They ended up being hard to hold during the round. Plenty of our shots released all the way to the back collar on many greens. It was tough. 

Making a string of the same 4 scores to start a 9 was my thing this week. At CCA I reeled off four doubles to start. Yup I was that messed up to start my round. The very poor start included some 3 putts, a couple of missed greens, and a chunked or bladed chip. The drives were solid though. +8 after 4. I gathered enough steadiness to make two pars next. Then I made bogey on the easy par 5 7th. I made pars on 8 and 9. I made the turn with a 9 over 45. 

A bogey on 10 and then after missing a 4 foot birdie putt on 11 made par. +10 thru 11. I made more bogeys and got it to 14 over with three holes to play. I made pars on the difficult par 5 16th and the over the canyon long Par 3 17th. On 18 I hit a long drive to the middle of the fairway. I then hit my 6 iron approach shots pin high from 155 and 30 feet from the stick. I asked the group as I got over the putt. "Now wouldn't it be something if I could end on a birdie after starting this round with 4 doubles?" That is what happened. The putt dropped for my only birdie of the day. I shot a 39 on the back and an 84 for the round. (CCA is Par 71) Pretty crazy that I didn't miss a fairway all day and still struggled pretty bad. There were some holes where I played real well, but unfortunately I played quite poor on many other holes. I was due for a round like this. I was OK with it because in the middle of the front 9 I felt like I was definitely headed for a round north of 90. If you are quite a bit off CCA will butcher you. 

How did my golf buddies do?

Mike is coming out of his slump. He shot 73 with 3 birdies and was the low man. Great round by him. 

Stan played well and shot 79.

First Time Erik made a mess of 10 and 18 and took two doubles. He was shut out of birdies. E shot 83.

I complimented him on his play for his first round at CCA. Take away his two bad holes and he handled the pressure of the course and especially those greens real well for his first go at it. Erik said he found the course conditions magnificent, and also told me CC of A was now his second favorite golf course around our area. 

4 Packs were what I was good at this week on the course. It was unusual, but golf is so unpredictable as we all know. 4 pars to start the front at Apple Valley. 4 bogeys to start the back at Apple Valley. 4 doubles to start the front at CCA. What the heck might have caused these streaks? Well I did select PING visors instead of some of my Titleist one's for my two rounds this week. That couldn't have had anything to do with my 4 packs. Or could it ?  😅

Two great days with very nice summer weather. Two great groups of golf friends. Two great golf courses. Two great afternoons. 🏌️‍♀️

LP  2024 season thru the 4th of July 

44 rounds played

14 different golf courses 

High 85  Low 73   Avg 78

index 6.8 

1 CCA recap (1).jpg

2 CCA recap.jpg

4 CCA recap.jpg

5 CCA recap.jpg

6erik CCA recap.jpg

887 CCA recap.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, touch said:

Question, Can her husband cut the rug well enough to hang with her on the dancefloor? 😀

Will your athletic kids dance some? 

Well then..... Welcome to the greatest game Mrs. MS. It's cool that you guys have fun playing golf together and also exhibit I assume cheery dispositions on the course. 👍

After some time do you think she might be ok with playing with other couples? 

First question NOPE!!! 😁 I cannot truthfully hang. She has taught me some basics, and I’ve got that tight, but hanging with her ain’t happening. 🙂 Yeah, I can dance some basics with her at a wedding, that is about as far as I can get down wit’ tha’ git down. 

My wife is crazy talented. Her uncle was (is) really remarkable, world-class — one example, he stood in and performed for Mikhael Barishnikov, on something like four hours notice due to food poisoning. Another very dear HS friend of hers did lots of choreography for Michael Jackson — we have photos of him sitting with Michael on his plane drawing up choreography! 🤯

She took God-given ability and put in thousands upon thousands of hours of work in the studio to be great! My regret is she was retired for several years by the time we got together so I never got to see her perform in her prime. 

On playing with other couples….that is a great time. We do that already 🙂. Today didn’t work out, tee sheet was really quiet in the afternoon. She’s close to getting her GHIN so she can play in the organized games. 👍🏼

• Like 3

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Ping G430 Max HL 9W….+2”

PXG 0211 hybrids, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

4 minutes ago, mshills said:

😁 🙂that is about as far as I can get down wit’ tha’ git down. 

🙂 

Right on MS. I dig your lingo. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh my !  70's golf.  

No way that big green bow around her neck would ever be bothersome during the swing. 😅  She also plays soccer for sure. Check out those gams. 

52af9eed9184c29b339b65ff95113faa.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

Puppers you say? Here's Sophie and Jackie Boy

image.jpeg.9dc0239c28e0de43dbd3c564862dbfa2.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, touch said:

you're high. 😄

You're the dang hippie here! #notevenonce 😂

Mama ae is getting up in years - she'll be 79 in October - so we've decided that we're going to do a trip back home for my birthday ALSO in October. 

Tentatively planning; we'll stay with mom for several days in ol' Lillington ("Oh look, it's that Hamilton boy back with one of his Hollywood girls!"), play Tobacco Road on my birthday the 28th and ideally a birthday dinner at my beloved 42nd Street Oyster Bar in Raleigh ... then ... THEN ... go stay at Pinehurst for a couple nights and play #2 and #7. 

I think that sounds like a lovely birthday!

Mrs. ae was all "I'm nervous to meet your mom" and I was like "All you need to do to get on mom's good side is clean up the kitchen - even when she says she doesn't need help, do it anyway. My brother didn't tell his wife this easy trick and that's why mom's always hated her!" 😂

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 3