Cuater The Legend

Anyone given these a try? If so what’s the consensus? Leather quality, comfortability, durability?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max - Denali Black 6.0

3-wood - EMPTY... for now

PXG 0311 5W - PX Black 6.0

Srixon ZX4 4-6 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX5 7-8 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX7 9-PW - DGS400TI

Taylormade MG3 54 & 58 DGS400

Taylormade Spider X Hydroblast

Titleist PROV1

Vessel 2.0 Stand Bag

Have a pair, leather quality is really good, not stiff and didn’t really require a break In period. I’ve worn mine for about 7-8 rounds so far and comfort wise they’re not as comfortable as my Footjoy icons or similar “traditional” style shoes I have, but definitely not the worst golf shoe I’ve ever put on. 

• Like 2

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

1 hour ago, CCUgolfer23 said:

Have a pair, leather quality is really good, not stiff and didn’t really require a break In period. I’ve worn mine for about 7-8 rounds so far and comfort wise they’re not as comfortable as my Footjoy icons or similar “traditional” style shoes I have, but definitely not the worst golf shoe I’ve ever put on. 

Considering the price it sounds as though the FJ may be a better option.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max - Denali Black 6.0

3-wood - EMPTY... for now

PXG 0311 5W - PX Black 6.0

Srixon ZX4 4-6 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX5 7-8 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX7 9-PW - DGS400TI

Taylormade MG3 54 & 58 DGS400

Taylormade Spider X Hydroblast

Titleist PROV1

Vessel 2.0 Stand Bag

I've had a pair for a little over a year now and have 30 or so rounds on them. My sentiments are the same as the guys above. n all honesty, I still prefer the Ecco Street Premiere more than the Legends.

On another note, I also have a few pair of Cuater Moneymakers. These are now my go-to shoes and prefer them over anything else.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, Kdgolf said:

Considering the price it sounds as though the FJ may be a better option.

For the price I’d absolutely go Footjoy Premier over the Legend. Basically the same stability but more comfortable and cheaper. 

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

• 1 month later...

Bump on this with a question about the width and how they are? Toe box looks a bit wider than FJ? 

The navy ones are on sale and may try a pair in my shoe search. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Well curiosity got the best of me, ordered a pair cause I had a discount code can always return them  if they don't fit.

Lefty - WITB Thread

The shoes arrived the other day, got them out of the box and slipped them on. Getting my foot in them is a little snug but the tongue is secured to the shoe on the sides with some give but the tongue sits super comfortably on the top of my foot. 

After I got them on I did notice the shoe felt really shallow inside despite being a bigger shoe so pulled out the insole and they are thick. Like I can see the issue on some reviews. For reference purpose top is the Cuater I sole, middle is FJ Premier Ortholite and bottom is a SuperFeet FlexThin. 

20230507_160928.jpg.31be0a6389ff271a9279d9c2a12fb528.jpg

The Cuater ones are probably still thicker than the FJ and SuperFeet together. Without the insole I had a ton of room to where I could wiggle my toes. Put the SuperFeet in and quite pleased with the room. 

I did order a size 12 as I didn't know width and do have a pair of the Daily Wool in size 12 so went off of that for sizing. Maybe a touch big but I don't know if I want to return them for an 11.5. I'm not swimming in them just curious after break in. 

I did ask above about width and got no answer but for the curious these are pretty wide with an insole change here's the forefoot of the Legend in size 12 next to a 2023 Premier Packard in 11W. For reference I'm usually an 11.5W in most shoes so I'm within my range for sizing depending on cut. 

20230507_161351.jpg.ce75580e54df0489a0281f2941788ae0.jpg

Pretty similar the Packard is more an almond toe and the Cuater is more a broad round. I do have more wiggle room in Cuaters but they are also 1 size larger but I don't remember this much room when trying on the Packards in various sizes. 

Other initial things the leather is quite soft and really nice should break in well. Also these look to be well constructed when you remove the insole you'll see they are stitched rather than glued. Don't think it's a Blake Stitch but could be which is a good sign. 

Potential negative for me the sole is a foam like material so not sure how long that could last with a bigger golfer like me but I doubt I'll find the absolute perfect shoe. 

I'm going to see if I'm keeping these or not, I may just say screw it and put them to the test and see what I think as I do see potential in them. Could possibly be a really good shoe when broken in or bad experience. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

First use impression with these played 21 holes with them on the weekend. I will add I did wear them for 30-60min a night during the week just to get some shape to my foot. 

First 15-20min my left shoe felt snug, a lot can for me as it's a touch bigger. But after walking to the clubhouse, short range session and what not they felt like they opened up a bit and formed to my foot a bit better. 

Played a scramble and played well, feet were never a worry for me. Plenty of space in the toe box for me, toes are not sore today. Traction was good no complaints there despite a pretty plain sole design. Good amount of cushion in them I walked maybe 14k steps in them and feet are fine. Actually writing this while on a walk and feet are good. 

I didn't have any heel rubbing which is a huge plus for me but did get some rubbing under the ankle bone on my right ankle. A bit raw if I touch it but I figured that spot will need to be broken in. I can maybe do some manual manipulation on that spot or wear a padded sock or just tape/bandage the hot spot which I do with other shoes. 

So first impression on these....I like them. I may like them more than the premium lines from FJ despite me absolutely loving the sole stiffness and design. I do wish they had wide versions but as mentioned size up half and insert maybe and should be good. The uppers are softer than the FJs so should mold to my feet a lot better. 

I'll probably leave it at this unless others have questions. I'll just wear them more properly break them in, compare to the 2 pairs of FJs I have and update after that. 

Edited by MattM97

Lefty - WITB Thread

I received a pair of the Legends for free at an event I played in.  Rained pretty good that day, and the Legends were awesome.  Kept me dry and stable with the wet ground.  I wore them out after three seasons.  Really nice, comfortable shoe.   

I’ve considered buying another pair, but the price is a bit of a head scratcher.  At $250, I’d expect something with a more limited release or higher-end style.  I have no idea why they would price these higher than Gallivanters.  

• Like 1

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

Just now, JMB3 said:

I received a pair of the Legends for free at an event I played in.  Rained pretty good that day, and the Legends were awesome.  Kept me dry and stable with the wet ground.  I wore them out after three seasons.  Really nice, comfortable shoe.   

I’ve considered buying another pair, but the price is a bit of a head scratcher.  At $250, I’d expect something with a more limited release or higher-end style.  I have no idea why they would price these higher than Gallivanters.  

They often have discount codes, that's how I bought mine. If you have a wife or GF that doesn't have a TM account just sign up with her email and buy the shoes with her email/code. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

3 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

They often have discount codes, that's how I bought mine. If you have a wife or GF that doesn't have a TM account just sign up with her email and buy the shoes with her email/code. 

Oh, yeah, I’ll keep my eye open.  

• Like 1

Vessel Players III Matte Grey Bag

Titleist TSR2 9° Driver (C1) | Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6s

TaylorMade BRNR 13.5° Mini Driver (-0.75°) | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

TaylorMade Qi10 5 Wood | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 4 Hybrid | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 8s

Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW Irons (1° Weak) | KBS Tour Black Pearl S

Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome 54D, 60T Wedges | True Temper DG120 Onyx S200

TaylorMade Spider Tour X Proto Putter | KBS Black PVD 

Callaway Chrome Tour X Triple Track Ball

• 4 months later...

@MattM97 and @JMB3

how are The Legends vs Footjoy Premiers? I’m blessed with narrowish heels and wideish toes. I bought Legends and naturally my toes are tight and there is looseness in the heels.

Thinking of returning/replacing them  with Premier Fields. Are the Field heels narrower and toebox wider?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

16 minutes ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

@MattM97 and @JMB3

how are The Legends vs Footjoy Premiers? I’m blessed with narrowish heels and wideish toes. I bought Legends and naturally my toes are tight and there is looseness in the heels.

Thinking of returning/replacing them  with Premier Fields. Are the Field heels narrower and toebox wider?

Well I haven't been wearing the Legends a ton lately, I still really like them but I've lost a good amount of weight this year (about 50lbs) and believe it or not your feet do shrink so the size 12 Legends are just a hair too big but ok with a thicker golf sock, if not I sometimes get rubbing on my right ankle. But I did wear one of my pairs to practice last week for 2 hours and no issues and feet are fine, I'll probably wear them this week in the rounds I have. 

I have basically ditched the Premiers the toe box is just way too narrow, after not having feeling in my big toe for a few months after using a pair for 54 holes in 2 days I had enough. I sold old pair, have a second I may just relegate to simulator practice. I love the look, I love the stability, I love the sole but I absolutely hate the last shape they use and this has moved across the board for all FJ shoes it seems. The Packard and Field were about the same for me, the mid foot a bit snugger on the Packard with the Field being a bit more space, both have a very narrow toe box. 

I have been wearing the Cuater Ringer like 90% of the time lately with the Legends taking up the other 10%. I am looking for a pair of Legends in 11.5 as that's what I wear in the Ringer and they're just comfortable for me. The Legends are super comfortable as well just a touch loose and that's nothing on the shoe that's just me and my body changing now.

As for your toe issue have you swapped out the insole in the Legends? They're super thick and take up a ton of space in the toe box, take them out and swap with something else and your toes will be able to wiggle with no issues. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

58 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Well I haven't been wearing the Legends a ton lately, I still really like them but I've lost a good amount of weight this year (about 50lbs) and believe it or not your feet do shrink so the size 12 Legends are just a hair too big but ok with a thicker golf sock, if not I sometimes get rubbing on my right ankle. But I did wear one of my pairs to practice last week for 2 hours and no issues and feet are fine, I'll probably wear them this week in the rounds I have. 

I have basically ditched the Premiers the toe box is just way too narrow, after not having feeling in my big toe for a few months after using a pair for 54 holes in 2 days I had enough. I sold old pair, have a second I may just relegate to simulator practice. I love the look, I love the stability, I love the sole but I absolutely hate the last shape they use and this has moved across the board for all FJ shoes it seems. The Packard and Field were about the same for me, the mid foot a bit snugger on the Packard with the Field being a bit more space, both have a very narrow toe box. 

I have been wearing the Cuater Ringer like 90% of the time lately with the Legends taking up the other 10%. I am looking for a pair of Legends in 11.5 as that's what I wear in the Ringer and they're just comfortable for me. The Legends are super comfortable as well just a touch loose and that's nothing on the shoe that's just me and my body changing now.

As for your toe issue have you swapped out the insole in the Legends? They're super thick and take up a ton of space in the toe box, take them out and swap with something else and your toes will be able to wiggle with no issues. 

How are the heels of the ringers? More locked in?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

57 minutes ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

How are the heels of the ringers? More locked in?

Much better.

The issue with the Legend isn't heel rubbing it's my foot depth and the shoe, my right ankle kinda just sits on the top of the shoe and can rub but the heel is locked in. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

11 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Much better.

The issue with the Legend isn't heel rubbing it's my foot depth and the shoe, my right ankle kinda just sits on the top of the shoe and can rub but the heel is locked in. 

Interesting. I’m down to the Ringer and TW2020. I walk all my rounds and don’t have a good waterproof shoe. 

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Nike Neo

ZStar

4 minutes ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

Interesting. I’m down to the Ringer and TW2020. I walk all my rounds and don’t have a good waterproof shoe. 

I can't say anything about the TW2020 shoes I don't really like or wear Nike shoes but for someone my size the Ringer shoes don't hurt my feet when walking so I'm happy with them but I'm just 1 random dude. But I guess more pros are wearing them as well. 

Lefty - WITB Thread