2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Talk me into or out of a GC3 for a home sim

Been wanting to build a sim for years.  Have decided to start putting together the pieces.  Initially thought I could start with a low budget build using a Garmin R10. Did not like the Garmin R10 or the 10' distance to the hitting area; so scrapped that idea.  Then thought about the Bushnell Pro, but do not like all the subscriptions to get data.  Thought about the Mevo+ 2023 and the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro but would prefer not to have to have to set up the launch monitor 10' behind the hitting area.  Can't justify springing for the GC Quad; so that has me landing on a GC3.  Would start the build with the GC3 and diy add-on from there in stages over the summer.  It's a pretty big investment; so I'm looking for thoughts on the GC3 from those who either have one in their setup or have moved on from it (and why).  If you have a minute to impart your wisdom upon me, I would appreciate it. 

I just upgraded to a GC3 from a mevo plus with the pro package. I could not be happier with the thing. The Mevo was great, and I used it for a couple years, but I really started to question some of the accuracy of the flight paths. it definitely struggles a little bit with spin axis. And I was using it in pretty much ideal indoor sim conditions. The GC3 has absolutely none of that, and never misses a shot. Love the integrated swing camera set up and the range. I actually also use Gspro as my main simulator software.  I think there are a couple awesome overhead units and a few more coming out soon. I didn’t want to wait on them and I like the idea of occasionally being able to bring it out to the course. So if you were looking for a launch monitor that sits on the ground, I don’t think there’s a better buy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MTgolfer said:

I just upgraded to a GC3 from a mevo plus with the pro package. I could not be happier with the thing. The Mevo was great, and I used it for a couple years, but I really started to question some of the accuracy of the flight paths. it definitely struggles a little bit with spin axis. And I was using it in pretty much ideal indoor sim conditions. The GC3 has absolutely none of that, and never misses a shot. Love the integrated swing camera set up and the range. I actually also use Gspro as my main simulator software.  I think there are a couple awesome overhead units and a few more coming out soon. I didn’t want to wait on them and I like the idea of occasionally being able to bring it out to the course. So if you were looking for a launch monitor that sits on the ground, I don’t think there’s a better buy. 

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that you are liking the GC3 over the Mevo+ Pro.  The only thing really missing in the GC3 data that I would like is the club face info.  I would love to have it, but not gonna pay multiple $k's more for a GC Quad to get it. 

25 minutes ago, uga_fan said:

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear that you are liking the GC3 over the Mevo+ Pro.  The only thing really missing in the GC3 data that I would like is the club face info.  I would love to have it, but not gonna pay multiple $k's more for a GC Quad to get it. 

As far as I know there‘s a club face package for the GC3 as well. 

Love this topic. I am building a new home. Finishing in months but am still going back and forth on gc3,quad and uneekor eye xo2.  

I really would like the face data but wonder how often I would use that. I have a gc2 and love it but upgrading after years seems right for the sim room. 

one thing I am still confused about and hasn’t been brought up is how difficult it is to run other software on a foresight product. Their software is fine but other options are also great. I would like the variety of having a couple options but foresight requires a significant cost if you want to run something like creative software. Still confused how long gspro will be available on a gc3 or quad. 

uneekor however is open to all software options for less with no signs of restricting access to anything. I debate how much I want a uneekor eye so (1 or 2) to be confined only to that room but haven’t exactly run around town using my gc2 either. 

would love to hear from people who debated between uneekor and foresight and why they picked what they did. 

I haven’t acknowledged the uneekor mini but that coming out in about a week could make the gc3 look good or bad depending on how reliable that thing is. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:06 PM, chollier986 said:

Not sure why anyone would be disappointed in a Foresight home sim, other than cost.  Expensive, yes.  Worth it, yes.  Second to the launch monitor is the hitting mat, definitely don’t skimp there.

Annoying geo-locking and paying for software you probably won't use comes to mind 

Can't fault the hardware though.

9 hours ago, clubber said:

Love this topic. I am building a new home. Finishing in months but am still going back and forth on gc3,quad and uneekor eye xo2.  

I really would like the face data but wonder how often I would use that. I have a gc2 and love it but upgrading after years seems right for the sim room. 

one thing I am still confused about and hasn’t been brought up is how difficult it is to run other software on a foresight product. Their software is fine but other options are also great. I would like the variety of having a couple options but foresight requires a significant cost if you want to run something like creative software. Still confused how long gspro will be available on a gc3 or quad. 

uneekor however is open to all software options for less with no signs of restricting access to anything. I debate how much I want a uneekor eye so (1 or 2) to be confined only to that room but haven’t exactly run around town using my gc2 either. 

would love to hear from people who debated between uneekor and foresight and why they picked what they did. 

I haven’t acknowledged the uneekor mini but that coming out in about a week could make the gc3 look good or bad depending on how reliable that thing is. 

On 4/17/2023 at 6:40 PM, uga_fan said:

Been wanting to build a sim for years.  Have decided to start putting together the pieces.  Initially thought I could start with a low budget build using a Garmin R10. Did not like the Garmin R10 or the 10' distance to the hitting area; so scrapped that idea.  Then thought about the Bushnell Pro, but do not like all the subscriptions to get data.  Thought about the Mevo+ 2023 and the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro but would prefer not to have to have to set up the launch monitor 10' behind the hitting area.  Can't justify springing for the GC Quad; so that has me landing on a GC3.  Would start the build with the GC3 and diy add-on from there in stages over the summer.  It's a pretty big investment; so I'm looking for thoughts on the GC3 from those who either have one in their setup or have moved on from it (and why).  If you have a minute to impart your wisdom upon me, I would appreciate it. 

So I'm in a similar postition. Ive been waiting on the eyeMINI for a while now. The success of the XO was promising. (XO was a bit pricy for me though and the idea of it not being able to be taken with me worried me) After the trade show, I was expecting more updates and details leading up to the April release. Uneekor never released anything. No preorders, No hands on testing from 3rd parties, No videos in house showing the device in detail, NOTHING. For a $4500 device...

With that said, trust in the devices reliability and performance is still months away. Not to mention finding out yesterday that there are only 200 allotted to NA with more stock expected in 4-6 weeks.

For me, the idea of waiting as long as we have and to continue to wait is absurd. Remember this was announced in Jan 2022 with 2022 fall release date.  They seemingly do not care about the US market and/or the eyeMINI. Either way the savings do not matter to me anymore. The accuracy will POSSIBLY be equal to the GC3 but not any better. Reliability is the same way. Software is a topic of discussion if your looking to use GSpro but i dont forsee any issues moving forward with either unit. I would also mention Foresights software is much more polished than Uneekors.  IMO it really just boils down to money. Uneekor seems like they don't want the money so I bought the GC3 last week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, uga_fan said:

So looking at a BLP and GC3 to invest in and saw your above post.  Did you make the change?  From what I see both u it’s are identical exact for the subscription. With the first yr basic free and figuring if I have for 4 more yrs looking about 4K. Much less than gc3. I am/would expect tech and pricing to change drastically over the next five yrs so would I come out ahead…???

I did hundreds of hours of research on launch monitors and ended up going with the GC3. I was able to get connected with sales and get an unlocked version for a significant discount. I don't think there is a better option from an accuracy/price point/indoor and outdoor capability on the market.

Foresight.jpg.fd3331e6ab8c7d8f7d26f2e21188613a.jpg

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

3 hours ago, collje26 said:

I did hundreds of hours of research on launch monitors and ended up going with the GC3. I was able to get connected with sales and get an unlocked version for a significant discount. I don't think there is a better option from an accuracy/price point/indoor and outdoor capability on the market.

Foresight.jpg.fd3331e6ab8c7d8f7d26f2e21188613a.jpg

K know the one has subscription at a cost but army the two units identical-same unit exactly. I am also looking at the refurbished u it’s they show on their website to save a little. 

3 minutes ago, Nvd13 said:

K know the one has subscription at a cost but army the two units identical-same unit exactly. I am also looking at the refurbished u it’s they show on their website to save a little. 

Bushnell launch pro is the subscription based one. I have the foresight GC3 which has ball and club data. If you email the sales team directly they can get you a pretty sweet deal. I can give you the rep I worked with if you want.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

On 9/20/2023 at 11:58 AM, collje26 said:

Bushnell launch pro is the subscription based one. I have the foresight GC3 which has ball and club data. If you email the sales team directly they can get you a pretty sweet deal. I can give you the rep I worked with if you want.

how much of a discount

Driver: Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9°, Ventus Black TR 6X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Wood: Titleist 15° TSi2, Ventus Blue TR 7X, Pure Grips Wrap

3 Hybrid: Titleist 18° TSi3, Ventus Blue 8-X, Pure Grips Wrap 

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Wedge: Titleist 50°, 54°,58° Vokey SM9, Axiom 125X, Pure Grips Wrap

Putter: :ping: PLD Custom - Anser 2

Bag: Player III Stand-14 Way- Iridium-

Glove: Vice Pure Color

Ball: Chrome Soft X

Dexterity: LH

17 minutes ago, smdunlop said:

how much of a discount

I was able to get the GC3 essentials plus the carrying bag for around $5700. 

• Like 2

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

• 1 month later...

I dont know about these guys but I worked with Jackson on my Quad and could not be happier.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue 6F5
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  15*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Red  7F5
Callaway Apex UW 19*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue  8F5
Callaway Apex Pro 24*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Black 105F5
Callaway Apex Pro CB 5-11 USTMamiya Recoil Dart V 130 F5
Callaway MD5 Jaws Black 56W, 60LW
Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas H7
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS