2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

SC weight kits

mjo23

What are some quality after-market weights + wrench for older SC Select models? (the 2012 Select GoLo to be exact)

I gotta cut it down an inch and i’d like to increase the weights from 15 to 20grams

Edited by mjo23

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

Buy the weights from like Billy Bob golf or ebay. Half the time they're more accurate than OEM parts. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I just ordered a kit from ebay that was...$12 or so for the weights and wrench. Should get here this weekend, I can report back. I honestly figured it was so cheap that if they suck I will just toss them. But no way I was paying the $150 or whatever SC wants on their site.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I've purchased weights and a wrench from this seller on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/str/gowolfstore?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lzszpem3qia&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=qYmOCZVLRDy&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Weights were accurate and the wrench worked perfectly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I just ordered a kit from ebay that was...$12 or so for the weights and wrench. Should get here this weekend, I can report back. I honestly figured it was so cheap that if they suck I will just toss them. But no way I was paying the $150 or whatever SC wants on their site.

It’s ridiculous that SC expects you to either: pay $150 for a kit (which are never available anyway, and I can’t imagine it’s because of demand) or to send your putter to the Custom Shop to get them installed for $50 (before shipping and what-not). Wild.

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

Yeah look, lol, I've spent enough money with SC in the past that I dont feel bad buying this kind of thing on ebay

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

Yeah look, lol, I've spent enough money with SC in the past that I dont feel bad buying this kind of thing on ebay

Right with ya. These aren’t even tungsten, afaik, so i truly don’t understand the price..It makes Toulon’s tungsten weight-kits look like a steal lol

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

I bought from this seller

https://www.ebay.com/str/100golf

Kits arrived today and honestly were nicer than I thought. Wrenches are good quality and all 4 weights exactly weighed out on my kitchen scale. No issues getting them installed.

20230420_150730.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 8:19 AM, MattM97 said:

Buy the weights from like Billy Bob golf or ebay. Half the time they're more accurate than OEM parts. 

That's not correct unfortunately

Almost always they're more accurate 😬

Mind boggling to me.

One of easier way to tell aftermarket weights is generally they are spot on for weight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yadi for President

2 minutes ago, scottb15 said:

What weight kit for the special select newport, I guess Cameron's have 2 different types of weights? I wanna try a kit but not sure what will work.

Sole weight kit if you're buying from Cameron

Mallet sole weight kit is not for blades/newports

but they've been sold out on the site for a while if you were looking for authentic.

Yadi for President

1 hour ago, BYK said:

That's not correct unfortunately

Almost always they're more accurate 😬

Mind boggling to me.

One of easier way to tell aftermarket weights is generally they are spot on for weight

Lol. I just got my hands on after-market SC weights and a scale. The after-market weights are spot on. Meanwhile, I found that one of my Toulon 20g weights (ordered directly from OEM) is 5 grams less than advertised 😂 

So i guess that goes for all OEMs. Wild.

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

24 minutes ago, mjo23 said:

Lol. I just got my hands on after-market SC weights and a scale. The after-market weights are spot on. Meanwhile, I found that one of my Toulon 20g weights (ordered directly from OEM) is 5 grams less than advertised 😂 

So i guess that goes for all OEMs. Wild.

It's weird they are that way but I have found the same thing  (aftermarkets are spot on while the authentic weights are  a couple grams lighter).  I wonder if this is a way of to "authenticate" the weights by intentionally making them slightly lighter  (since they don't put serial numbers on weights).   For years (not sure if this is still the case ) the game Trivial Pursuit (allegedly) intentionally had the answer to one of the questions in the set wrong as a way to "trademark" the authentic game. 

1 hour ago, Anser3 said:

It's weird they are that way but I have found the same thing  (aftermarkets are spot on while the authentic weights are  a couple grams lighter).  I wonder if this is a way of to "authenticate" the weights by intentionally making them slightly lighter  (since they don't put serial numbers on weights).   For years (not sure if this is still the case ) the game Trivial Pursuit (allegedly) intentionally had the answer to one of the questions in the set wrong as a way to "trademark" the authentic game. 

That would make sense, idk if it’s likely, but it’s certainly possible. It would have to be very slight (the weight diff), and the same for each putter made. I’d think someone would’ve noticed if it’s a thing (maybe someone has)

My one (of two) Toulon weight being 5 grams off is just terrible quality control though haha

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

9 hours ago, mjo23 said:

That would make sense, idk if it’s likely, but it’s certainly possible. It would have to be very slight (the weight diff), and the same for each putter made. I’d think someone would’ve noticed if it’s a thing (maybe someone has)

My one (of two) Toulon weight being 5 grams off is just terrible quality control though haha

Yes, they would have to be exactly the same across the board if that is true.  I will need to weigh my SC authentic weights again and see where they come out.  Mine are 20 grams and I think they weighed out between 17 and 18 but it's been a couple months since I weighed them.  My aftermarket ones  (the same kit somebody posted from ebay earlier that came with the wrench) weigh 20 grams exactly.   I'll need to weigh my authentic Odyssey Protype ix  weights also  (they are the same weights used in the Metal X milled series) .  Oddly, I never actually weighed them, I just went by feel in the putter with those when I swapped them out.  

The weight issue may just be poor quality control from the Scotty Cameron division of Titleist.  My Ping driver and fairway wood weights have always been exact.    I have two Scotty Cameron Del Mar putters  (exact same specs). I use them because I love the feel of them.  That said, the Custom Shop is a joke (poor customer service, ridiculous prices on some services).  SC prices on some items  (like the aforementioned weights) are ridiculous as well.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Anser3 said:

Yes, they would have to be exactly the same across the board if that is true.  I will need to weigh my SC authentic weights again and see where they come out.  Mine are 20 grams and I think they weighed out between 17 and 18 but it's been a couple months since I weighed them.  My aftermarket ones  (the same kit somebody posted from ebay earlier that came with the wrench) weigh 20 grams exactly.   I'll need to weigh my authentic Odyssey Protype ix  weights also  (they are the same weights used in the Metal X milled series) .  Oddly, I never actually weighed them, I just went by feel in the putter with those when I swapped them out.  

The weight issue may just be poor quality control from the Scotty Cameron division of Titleist.  My Ping driver and fairway wood weights have always been exact.    I have two Scotty Cameron Del Mar putters  (exact same specs). I use them because I love the feel of them.  That said, the Custom Shop is a joke (poor customer service, ridiculous prices on some services).  SC prices on some items  (like the aforementioned weights) are ridiculous as well.  

No way Cameron/titleist do this purposely 
the weights I’ve had have all been too light but never consistent enough that this is a purposeful thing to ensure authenticity. 

interesting I’ve never had one too heavy. 

oh and the ping authentic weights for my g400 max also are not accurate as well by a couple grams too light fwiw.  Guess I’m not as lucky as you. 

Edited by BYK

Yadi for President

On 4/21/2023 at 11:03 PM, Anser3 said:

That's funny because Trivial Pursuit was originally sued by Fred Worth, a trivia book author, for stealing his material.

12 hours ago, JimmyC59 said:

That's funny because Trivial Pursuit was originally sued by Fred Worth, a trivia book author, for stealing his material.

I didn't know that but cool story.  I actually think it's funny that somebody could sue regarding trivia questions which can literally be derived from anywhere by anyone. 

13 hours ago, BYK said:

No way Cameron/titleist do this purposely 
the weights I’ve had have all been too light but never consistent enough that this is a purposeful thing to ensure authenticity. 

interesting I’ve never had one too heavy. 

oh and the ping authentic weights for my g400 max also are not accurate as well by a couple grams too light fwiw.  Guess I’m not as lucky as you. 

My g400 weights were exact but I only had 5 of them.  The G425 eights are exact  (5 of those as well) as well the G430 weights  (6 of those as well).

3 hours ago, scottb15 said:

Got the weights and I'm very impressed they all including the legit cameron weights all measured with a couple tenths. 

Screenshot_20230426_132347_eBay.jpg

20230426_131600.jpg

20230426_131549.jpg

20230426_131545.jpg

Wow rolling with some 45’s that’s heavy! You switched out to the 10g. Did you feel more and better control with the lighter weight 

28 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

Wow rolling with some 45’s that’s heavy! You switched out to the 10g. Did you feel more and better control with the lighter weight 

I haven't tried the lighter ones out yet I wanted to get extremes of each , the heavier definitely felt good, biggest difference was the additional 8g weight in my driver head.

3 minutes ago, scottb15 said:

I haven't tried the lighter ones out yet I wanted to get extremes of each , the heavier definitely felt good, biggest difference was the additional 8g weight in my driver head.

Is that driver weight for the TSR3? What does that extra weight in the driver get you? 

On 4/20/2023 at 4:05 PM, dcmidnight said:

I bought from this seller

https://www.ebay.com/str/100golf

Kits arrived today and honestly were nicer than I thought. Wrenches are good quality and all 4 weights exactly weighed out on my kitchen scale. No issues getting them installed.

20230420_150730.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the breaker socket wrench from them. Will see how it works. If it’s good quality will get that set next.