Alphard Club Booster V2 reviews/alternatives

Looking to walk more ... Have a brand new Sun Mountain Micro Cart that I love, but I hate pushing it.

The Alphard Club Booster V2 seems perfect ... Just wondering if anybody has any experiences with it, or anything similar?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

I am backer #112 back from the 2020 Kickstarter for the V2.  Got my V2 unit in July or August of 2020.  I paired the V2 with a Rovic RV1S which I already had.  Since receiving the V2 I've probably put close to 250 rounds on the Rovic/V2 pairing.  I finally had to get a new battery last week.  I remove the battery pack immediately after every round and store/charge the battery pack indoors.  My garage gets REALLY hot and I didn't want the battery in that environment.

I save an average of $20 a round on cart fees using the V2, so it has more than paid for itself plus the new battery.

Other than my Artisan hardware and a few very special golf trips, the V2 is the best money I have spent on golf.

• Like 2

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

On 7/27/2023 at 9:22 AM, caniac6 said:

Do these have a manual option as well as remote? Our course has several places where I put my hands on the electric cart I currently have just for a bit more control.

You can freewheel the V2.  Either just turn off the unit or hold down the stop button on the remote for 5 seconds.

• Like 1

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

There are some very good threads on the V2 on here already that you can search for.  They also have a very active FB group (take the group with a grain of salt though as most FB groups focus on the negatives vs. positives).  If you have a cart that you are currently happy with, then the V2 is a great way to add power to it.  This is my 3rd season with it, and still very happy with the performance.  18 holes with ease.  Charge both battery and remote the night before each round, and charge it once a month in the winter.  I think it is one of the most stable battery units on the market which if you play a hilly course you will come to like this aspect.  I have never tipped mine over, but have seen other electric carts flip.  

The remote is easy to use, and speed adjustability is very good.  Does have a learning curve of a few rounds, but easy enough.  For the add ons, that another poster asked about.  The follow feature is a love it or hate it - same goes for the tether attachment that is available.  I just like the basic remote - works perfectly well for me as I always want to see the clubs in front or beside me, not behind me.   The front wheel conversion on the clic gear is a nice add, and I do have it, but if I were to do it again, I would probably not bother.  For the rather flat course that I play the swivel front wheels on the CG 3.0 just don't make a big difference to me.  Others who have a single swivel wheel probably feel much better with it.  I also think that the conversion kit on the CG takes up quite a bit of room in the trunk and garage.  

Lastly - you get many comments in and around the course.  It does have a "cool factor" to it that is hard to ignore.  

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Chrome Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 6-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
LAB Mezz Max 

Alphard V2 wheels

I bought a used V1 on here back in 2019? I use it with a Rovic. I play around 50-60 rounds a year with it. I had to buy a couple replacement clamp assembly's, and I bought a new battery but haven't need to replace it yet. Battery is still going strong, I can play 27 holes with it. Best golf purchase I have ever made. All my friends have a MGI's. I would break that thing. This is a much better cart for me. I drive over curbs, through bunkers, streams, run into tress.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 10:22 AM, caniac6 said:

Do these have a manual option as well as remote? Our course has several places where I put my hands on the electric cart I currently have just for a bit more control.

Did you mean the free wheeling mode where the gears disengage? Just hold the stop button on the remote for at least 4 seconds to activate free wheel mode so that you can push it with your own power in close quarters. To re-engage, press the forward button. 

• Like 1

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

On 8/2/2023 at 2:30 PM, gdb99 said:

I bought a used V1 on here back in 2019? I use it with a Rovic. I play around 50-60 rounds a year with it. I had to buy a couple replacement clamp assembly's, and I bought a new battery but haven't need to replace it yet. Battery is still going strong, I can play 27 holes with it. Best golf purchase I have ever made. All my friends have a MGI's. I would break that thing. This is a much better cart for me. I drive over curbs, through bunkers, streams, run into tress.......

Also bought a used V1 with a Clicgear 3.5+ for a really good deal - $ 350.00 only! Battery wasn't as good as yours though as mine would only last for 12 to 14 holes, or even worse if the course was hilly.

I upgraded to a V2 by swapping out the motherboard and also added the front dual wheel swivel kit. 

Channeled my MacGyver skills to successfully add an external battery port. It was a little bit complicated drilling through two separate metal layers and figuring out the right wiring connections but it worked

Now, I simply plug my second external battery as soon as my internal battery runs out. Btw, I have two spare external batteries that I got free of charge courtesy of Alphard support. 

I can vouch for its durability as I've also abused it, from hitting trees, driving over deep holes and rear-ending golf carts at full speed. The unit itself is still functioning normally with a few nicks and scratches but otherwise still in one piece and operating normally. 

In addition to the battery MOD and motherboard upgrade, the only two other MODS that I've done is add custom wheels for the wheelie bars, dual wheels front swivel kit and duct tape strips on the front panel as additional waterproof protection. 

Edited by Golfbit2X
  • Like 1

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:53 PM, AimingAtHazards said:

I’ve been considering the Alphard also to attach to my Cliqgear.

Question for folks that have one, regarding some of the add-ons, are they worth it? The add-ons I’m considering are the swivel conversion kit and the sidekick/remote follow.

Thanks

Yes bought the swivel kit absolutely worth the upgrade. 

I've had the V2 for two seasons now.  I already had a Clicgear 3.5+ so I bought the swivel kit as well - overall it's great and I love it.  There are some things to be aware of:

• Battery only lasts for 27 holes max.  You'll need to charge it after every round.  I knew this going in and bought a second battery and swap them out.
  • The swivel kit is pretty easy to install and works well, but it's not the most sturdy/well-built thing.  Mine has fallen apart a couple of times - I think vibrations cause the screws at the swivel points to back themselves out eventually and they fall apart.  Alphard sent me replacement screws with no issues.
  • The rubber pads that line the rear brackets wear out pretty quickly, which causes the V2 to spin a bit as it moves - they do sell replacement pads.
  • The wheelie bars are a must unless your course is completely flat.  I did replace the standard wheels with the upgraded rollerblade-type wheels they sell and it makes a big difference.
  • It takes up a lot of space in the trunk - you need to separate it from the cart to fold the pushcart, so you need some room for the V2, the pushcart, and the golf bag in the trunk.

I've enjoyed the V2 a lot.  It works well and their customer service is really good.  That said, I'm thinking about switching to a Motocaddy.  I had one for a round over in Scotland and it was great.  One single unit that folds up easily and the battery is good for a couple of rounds.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

10 hours ago, dwboston said:

I've had the V2 for two seasons now.  I already had a Clicgear 3.5+ so I bought the swivel kit as well - overall it's great and I love it.  There are some things to be aware of:

• Battery only lasts for 27 holes max.  You'll need to charge it after every round.  I knew this going in and bought a second battery and swap them out.
  • The swivel kit is pretty easy to install and works well, but it's not the most sturdy/well-built thing.  Mine has fallen apart a couple of times - I think vibrations cause the screws at the swivel points to back themselves out eventually and they fall apart.  Alphard sent me replacement screws with no issues.
  • The rubber pads that line the rear brackets wear out pretty quickly, which causes the V2 to spin a bit as it moves - they do sell replacement pads.
  • The wheelie bars are a must unless your course is completely flat.  I did replace the standard wheels with the upgraded rollerblade-type wheels they sell and it makes a big difference.
  • It takes up a lot of space in the trunk - you need to separate it from the cart to fold the pushcart, so you need some room for the V2, the pushcart, and the golf bag in the trunk.

I've enjoyed the V2 a lot.  It works well and their customer service is really good.  That said, I'm thinking about switching to a Motocaddy.  I had one for a round over in Scotland and it was great.  One single unit that folds up easily and the battery is good for a couple of rounds.

Quick question ... For everyone who has one, really ... With my 4-wheel micro cart, I wouldn't need the swivel kit ... Or would i?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

12 hours ago, tatertot said:

Quick question ... For everyone who has one, really ... With my 4-wheel micro cart, I wouldn't need the swivel kit ... Or would i?

No.  The swivel kit is to replace the fixed front wheel on the Clicgear 3-wheeled carts.  The Alphard works better with a swiveling front wheel(s).  It's better for the battery life as the V2 doesn't have to work as hard to turn the cart.  You wouldn't need it.

• 2 months later...

I purchased the V2 for my wife and I in May. The cart is amazing. Very responsive and very stable. We’ve now used them for over 100 rounds this year and no issues. The battery will last for 27 holes max.

The only problem we have is the battery removal is difficult. We store our carts at the club and are required to remove our battery after every round so we can charge them at home. The battery is located at the bottom of the unit and it’s a struggle to easily pop them out. It seems the design was not meant for battery removal every round. Besides this issue we love the cart. 

• 1 month later...

Reviving an old thread, I guess, but I'm looking at potentially getting one of these around Christmas and have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to.

First off, I'll be pairing it with a Clicgear 3.5+, so it sounds like the dual swivel wheel upgrade is a must.

I also have, already, the seat attachment for the base cart. Is it possible to still use the seat with the V2, or does it require going back to a standard wheel bracket to mount? I'd love to keep using the seat, if possible.

TIA

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

7 hours ago, spartan6910 said:

Reviving an old thread, I guess, but I'm looking at potentially getting one of these around Christmas and have a question I haven't been able to find an answer to.

First off, I'll be pairing it with a Clicgear 3.5+, so it sounds like the dual swivel wheel upgrade is a must.

I also have, already, the seat attachment for the base cart. Is it possible to still use the seat with the V2, or does it require going back to a standard wheel bracket to mount? I'd love to keep using the seat, if possible.

TIA

The swivel makes the cart more sturdy and easier to maneuver. I'd say it's a must.

The seat can still be used. There are some brief videos on YouTube that show how to attach it.  It's really not difficult to do.

5 hours ago, weavs2 said:

The swivel makes the cart more sturdy and easier to maneuver. I'd say it's a must.

The seat can still be used. There are some brief videos on YouTube that show how to attach it.  It's really not difficult to do.

The swivel upgrade for the Clicgear carts is great, but folks should be aware that the swivel kit isn't that sturdy and isn't built to last.  Mine has fallen apart twice.  I was able to get the parts to fix it, but it's at the point now where it sags a bit and doesn't turn left/right as freely.  I've enjoyed the Alphard V2 for the most part (the assembly/disassembly before and after every round is annoying) but I'm moving on to a different powered cart for next season (Motocaddy M7 Remote). 

10 hours ago, dwboston said:

The swivel upgrade for the Clicgear carts is great, but folks should be aware that the swivel kit isn't that sturdy and isn't built to last.  Mine has fallen apart twice.  I was able to get the parts to fix it, but it's at the point now where it sags a bit and doesn't turn left/right as freely.  I've enjoyed the Alphard V2 for the most part (the assembly/disassembly before and after every round is annoying) but I'm moving on to a different powered cart for next season (Motocaddy M7 Remote). 

Yes, I've seen several incidents where the nuts/bolts come loose on the swivel kit. I used some red loctite on them. Made sure the wheels could swivel back and forth before it set. Haven't had any issue with it since then