2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

T350 Experiences

Lefty87

On 9/23/2023 at 2:04 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

It’s something in my bag that reminds me of my younger days.   Ha 

Seriously though, this one pretty easy to hit.  I’m not long at all, it’s a 160-165 club for me.  Although I have a TSR 24 hybrid coming that I may turn up 1 degree to see if it’s easier to hit that 165 to  170 number. 

By the way, on the subject of 5-irons, I bought a TSR1 26* hybrid, 1/2" long, Atmos Red 70-something shaft.  It would easily be as long as a T300 5-iron, if I had one, and I can take something off it and so I don't need a 6-iron either!  Easy life.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

3 hours ago, Phebus said:

I added a 26° TSi1 hybrid in place of the 5 iron with my T350’s. Being older (70) with a slower swing speed I can hit it so much better then a 5 iron. I found my 5 iron wasn’t going much further then my 6 iron, but the 26° hybrid provides the proper gapping for me. 

Which shaft, and standard length?

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

On 9/21/2023 at 3:31 PM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

You know, I haven't' really been bothered by that.   

But here's a new wrinkle, that I talked a lot about in the main thread.   In addition to the full set mentioned.  I ordered a 7 and 8 in T200 and 9 and P in T150 to make it an ultimate combo.   I think made a mistake with the 150.   In addition to them being  probably out of my paygrade as a 17 index, I thought I could handle the 9 and P.  But the biggest issue is the sole size difference between not only the T350 and the T150, but the T200 and 150 as well.   I have been hitting very clean and solid strikes with the 200 and 350.  But today several times with the 9, I just plain stuck it in the ground.  I know turf interaction is a huge thing that many that play the 150 rave about.   It's just with me being more of a picker I think the slightly rounder sole of the T200 and 350 work better for me.  Today there was a prime example.   Three times I had a distance that called for my 9 iron, all three times I stuck the 150 9 iron into the ground and was about 15 yards short.  So the last time, I decided to go with my 48 Vokey which with an easy swing is about 20 yards short of the 9 iron.  But I stepped on it a bit, and hit a near perfect shot 15 feet right  of the flag.  So there is definitely something with my swing and the 150 soles that dont' get along 😞

So no, the size of the 350 scoring irons don't bother me.   So I'll end up going back to the full 350 set or heck maybe ordering the 9 and P in the 200 and just have a 200/350 combo. 

Im with you on that as well, even thought our handicaps are different, I do not see what people are raving about with the 150/100 sole.  I am almost ready to play a set of full T200 as the sole just fits me better, even though I have the capability to hit the 150's fine most of the time.  THe sole is totally different since they changed it, and it doesn't work for me as well either.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drscott266 said:

Im with you on that as well, even thought our handicaps are different, I do not see what people are raving about with the 150/100 sole.  I am almost ready to play a set of full T200 as the sole just fits me better, even though I have the capability to hit the 150's fine most of the time.  THe sole is totally different since they changed it, and it doesn't work for me as well either.  

Wow!  Thanks for that.  Glad to know it's not just me.   Things haven't changed since my post above.   I played Tuesday with the whole set of 350 and while I didn't have a great iron striking day, I didn't hit any fat or dig too much into the turf, it was just more clubface control and path issues.  Altough I did manage one birdie with the T350 9 iron that I'm sure I wouldn't have with the  P wedge from the 150. 

Like you the T200 end I still hit fine, but there isn't' really a way to blend just the 200 and 350 in the combo I have. 

I may end up listing the 7,8 T200 and 9,P in 150 for sale, I know that's not a complete set but I'll probably make an attractive price if someone wants the heads only to work on their own combo. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

8 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Wow!  Thanks for that.  Glad to know it's not just me.   Things haven't changed since my post above.   I played Tuesday with the whole set of 350 and while I didn't have a great iron striking day, I didn't hit any fat or dig too much into the turf, it was just more clubface control and path issues.  Altough I did manage one birdie with the T350 9 iron that I'm sure I wouldn't have with the  P wedge from the 150. 

Like you the T200 end I still hit fine, but there isn't' really a way to blend just the 200 and 350 in the combo I have. 

I may end up listing the 7,8 T200 and 9,P in 150 for sale, I know that's not a complete set but I'll probably make an attractive price if someone wants the heads only to work on their own combo. 

Boy, did your post strike home with me.

I was fitted with a combo set of T200 (48 - 7i) and T350 (5i and 6i).  I think I can hit the T200 fine, but the T350 just felt so much better.

I decided to order a new set of T350's with some slightly different specs and I've had a chance to play just one round with them, but I could tell they were much more suited to me than the combo set.  Maybe not as much spin with the T350's in the higher lofted clubs, but then, my issue is distance, not spin.

I'm leaving for Palm Springs in another two days and I already shipped my T350's out there so I'll have a much better opinion of them after playing 3 more rounds with them.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jjfcpa said:

Boy, did your post strike home with me.

I was fitted with a combo set of T200 (48 - 7i) and T350 (5i and 6i).  I think I can hit the T200 fine, but the T350 just felt so much better.

I decided to order a new set of T350's with some slightly different specs and I've had a chance to play just one round with them, but I could tell they were much more suited to me than the combo set.  Maybe not as much spin with the T350's in the higher lofted clubs, but then, my issue is distance, not spin.

I'm leaving for Palm Springs in another two days and I already shipped my T350's out there so I'll have a much better opinion of them after playing 3 more rounds with them.

Nice!  Yeah. During my fitting I hit the 200 and 350 very close and just decided to go with the 350 all the way for the ease of hiring them. I think I commented much earlier in my fitting experience post.  I was very pleased with how the 9 and PW looked and felt so the full see it was. 

Then I just decided to do the WRX thing and ordered those 200/150 mid and low end clubs.   Just had to play above my pay grade.   Ha. 

Have fun on your trip and enjoy them!

• Like 2

Vokey

Glad im not alone in all this stuff, I tried to hard to like the 100S/150 but they have done such a good job making the T200 look the same.  I haven't hit a 350 but might during a fitting i have planned in april to address irons specifically.  Always been an AP2 guy and the T100S just started moving too close to blades, but you keep reading how all these people love them so it becomes a what's wrong with me situation.  I have played T200 long irons since they came out, and have had no complaints.  Feel on the '21 T200 was kinda a non starter for me, and I am only concerned that the 350 will spin too low like the JPX hot metal pro for me.  I think investigating shafts will be a key part of getting out of the 150 model for me right now if thats the direction i want to go in.  By all accounts either the 200 or 350 should be easier on strikes all over the clubface, I just really enjoyed my good days with a 150 in my mid to short irons.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neverfightapar said:

T350 vs G430HL.

I know JJFCPA has played both…are the Pings still in one of your bags?  I’m still doing some recovery work from neck surgery.  Plan on a fitting in January once I’m able to get my swing speed back to an exceptable speed.  

Any feedback would be helpful.  Thanks

I currently have the 430HL and they were getting a lot of play until late June when I got the 350's.  And while I wasn't socring great with the 430 it was mostly due to some putting changes I was going through and a period of driver yips.  So they were/are very good.   But if I had to go play a round tomorrow for my life....fortunately I don't, it would be the 350's in the bag. 

Take away the fact they just look/feel and sound better.  The actual performance of them is better as well.  now that could be the shaft, as I have the SteelFiber I80 in the 350's and the stock Alta CB in the PINGS.  If you're looking for high ball flight, either set will do just fine for you. 

• Like 1

Vokey

Played 18 holes with the T350's yesterday and although they are really nice to hit, I was expecting a little more distance with them so I ended up hitting a few shots short of the mark.  I've been playing the T300's and I'd have to say that the distance is just ever so slightly longer with the T350's; however, they appear to be much more forgiving and both sound and feel better.

Playing with them again tomorrow so I'll see if I can zero them in a little better when it comes to distance.

I should also add that I've struggled with the 5 iron and the T350 5 iron is actually very easy to hit... I'd say no more difficult than hitting the 7 iron.  That's a big plus for the T350's.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neverfightapar said:

Thanks for the input.  Will put the 350s on the list to try.  My swing at this time is very slow, but getting better.  Currently playing Ping 710s with recoil shafts, may have to go to a sr flex.  Getting old sucks but beats the alternative.  

By the way, I’m also a Carolina golfer.

Ah cool!  I don't live there anymore, live in Maryland now, but Carolina will always be in my blood and heart.

Vokey

On 9/21/2023 at 1:39 PM, Lefty87 said:

I know there’s a 2023 Titleist thread, but there’s very little discussion regarding the T350. The last time I played Titleist was the 718 AP1. So what’s the verdict from those who have hit/game the T350?

I currently  play the T300's (2021 version) and I tested the T350 against the T300 and I was totally underwhelmend,  thought the T350 was clunky, never felt like I hit solid.  So, I am looking for something other than Titleist, and that's disappointing to me.  If there was a lighter shaft selection (other than the Tensei Red) for the senior golfer, that might have helped me stay with Titleist.

Edited by collingsom1asb

Titleist TSR1 driver, fairway woods and hybrids (stock MMT shafts)

Titleist T350 irons, Graphite shafts (Fubuki)

Titleist Vokey SM10 wdges, Brushed Nickel, 54*, 58*, both D grindds, Tensei shafts

Putter:  Broomstick style, 48", TaylorMade Spider, center shaft, Rosa Spider

On 11/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, gvogel said:

I am playing T300 irons with Nippon 950 NEO shafts (R).  I like them very much.

Wondering if any of the T300 or T350 players have tried the Mizuno 923 High Launch irons?

I have hit the High Launch JPX 923 HM's, and I liked the Ping G430 HL way, way beter than eith the T350 or Mizuno.

Titleist TSR1 driver, fairway woods and hybrids (stock MMT shafts)

Titleist T350 irons, Graphite shafts (Fubuki)

Titleist Vokey SM10 wdges, Brushed Nickel, 54*, 58*, both D grindds, Tensei shafts

Putter:  Broomstick style, 48", TaylorMade Spider, center shaft, Rosa Spider

Just like anything else new there will be an adjustment period, not always but usually thats the case. I have played some of the best golf since getting my 350's but I still don't feel like I have them dialed in as one thing I'm going to change is going with some different grips. I came from PING and Mizuno irons but they were not the HL's. they are nice but I'm not going back as I played Steelfibers in both and the Steelfibers seem to work the best with my 350's. My only concern is I hope they don't show wear and the chrome start flaking off as I do use iron covers and do clean them after every round. Maybe I'm OCD but these are both my jewels and tools Lol! 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 11/16/2023 at 8:01 PM, collingsom1asb said:

I play the T300's (2021 version) and I tested the T350 against the T300 and I was totally underwhelmend,  thought the T350 was clunky, never felt like I hit solid, so, I stayed with the T300's.

I can relate to what you are saying.  I kept my set of T300's and felt the same as you when I was just hitting them initially.  The T350's did feel slightly "clunky" compared to the the slightly smaller T300's.  I've since played 4 rounds with the T350's and they are starting to grow on me.  

I'm sure this is me and not the clubs, but I was having a problem with pulling my shots with the T300's and this has completely disappeared with the T350's.  Could it be the slightly larger head?  No idea, but it has been very noticeable to me.

Distance wise, I'm not seeing a lot of difference, but seem to be getting much better results with the 5i and 6i in the T350 than the T300.  Much better contact and distance.  The rest of the set from PW to 7i is a push on distance.  

No real difference in spin as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately, the season is just about over for me but in the Spring I want to do some more comparisons between them because I want to make sure that what I'm feeling about the T350's is just not because they are "new".

I also want to get them both in front of a launch monitor and see what the difference is in swing speed.  In my particular case, swing speed is really important since I generally find the center of the club face and the faster swing speed will result in better consistency in distance and spin.

T350 owners - two questions for you:

1. Do you have the T350 48° gap wedge, and if so do you like it?

2. If you do carry the stock 48° gw, what other wedges do you carry?

I do have the stock gw, and I really like it for both full shots and pitches from near the green. Even some longer chips I find it works quite well from a variety of lies.

My other 2 wedges I carry are both Vokeys; 52.08F and 56.12D. Seems to be a good combo for me with 4° of separation between lofts, and using the different bounces and grinds on the Vokeys depending on the situation. I have no idea what the bounce is on the stock gw but it seems pretty versatile. 

Edited by Dave2golf2

• 1 month later...