Spider Tour X Proto

R5Two

30 minutes ago, RHenderson said:

Hey Corey, TheMoneyShot posted the head weight is 355g I think you will really like this putter, they did a great job on this one and huge improvement over the insert in my opinion.

Right there on Page 1, and I overlooked it. Thanks! Was hoping it was in that 350-355 range. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

15 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

How do like the pure roll insert?  I have never gotten along with it but this spider x tour proto with the milled face feels great!  It’s just hard for me to fully compare to my other gamers since it’s 4 inches shorter currently. 

I had more time with the putter today, ran a two hour session with two simulated rounds, one handed drills ect. 

I am coming around on the insert. I think the weight up front makes a big difference. 

In the session I probably made 16 putts over 8', missed one 5' putt, had 4 3-Putts and made well over 200 2 putts. 

Where the insert really shines is the 8-15' range. I feel like I can be really aggressive and the ball never once skipped. That being said I did notice anything over 20' I came up a few feet short a lot. I attribute this to the insert not skipping the ball in the first few feet and the almost instant roll. It is going to take some time to build the trust to hit those putts hare enough, especially uphill and into the grain. 

Overall, I really am committed to giving this putter a chance. It is definitely will take some getting used to as I need to smooth out the putter stroke, stay more relaxed and develop trust in the feel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bambooluv said:

OK, first roll (on indoor mat) impressions. This will come to retail in a non-limited release. calling it!

Quick background. I've been an Anser2/NWPT2 head user for as long as I can remeber. As a nut, I will always try anything that catches my eyes. The Spider-mini has always been one I liked but the feel and or make up (tech and whatso have you) has made it less desirable for me.

Have always been drawn to a milled putter, and I almost backed out of this order after learning that it was only face milled and that the entire body/neck was not a one piece mill. This was the best opportunity for me to try a blade/mallet and decided to go forward getting it properly shafted and built to my desired length to start testing her in rounds. 

Upon recieving it, looks killer in hand compared to some of the other early pics, (praying that it's finish holds up over time TM has a poor track record in my opinion in this department in the past.) Got up to my buds shop at Impact Precision Golf and before yanking the shaft, rolled it a few times and right away knew that we were cooking with fire, the shallow milled face feels great, (very close in feel to my PLD-custom w shallow mill!) My bud was quick to drop in the new Accra Sync shaft and threw in my trusty P58 grip to cap her off. Went to the practice mat and proceeded to drop the balls like it was ment to be!

Had to get back to work, otherwise would of spent more time on the Mitchell getting it speced out more so. You guys will love it!

Long story short...

• Great look at adress for those that are used to a blade style with plumbers neck.
  • Easy to align up the ball with the True-Path tech.
  • Balance back and through has the standard Spider performance that has made it so popular in the industry.

20231111_120619.jpg

20231111_120510.jpg

20231111_120449.jpg

20231111_120415.jpg

20231111_115800.jpg

20231111_112231.jpg

20231111_112502.jpg

That shaft looks freaking sick on that spider👍

• Like 1

I ordered one on Wednesday on the second release. Came earlier than expected and was delivered this morning. Putter looks really good in person as others have said and lines up the most square of any spider I have seen. Headcover is higher quality than the initial pictures seemed in my opinion. I have always loved the spider shape but had mixed results with the insert. Feel is really quite nice with the milled and interestingly not all that different. 

If you like the spider shape/plumbers neck this is a great option. IMHO, the plumbers neck seems shorter than others but that may be just the overall shape of the spider influencing it too. I'm not sure this will make the bag for me but I'm happy to have gotten one to try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ageb11 said:

I ordered one on Wednesday on the second release. Came earlier than expected and was delivered this morning. Putter looks really good in person as others have said and lines up the most square of any spider I have seen. Headcover is higher quality than the initial pictures seemed in my opinion. I have always loved the spider shape but had mixed results with the insert. Feel is really quite nice with the milled and interestingly not all that different. 

If you like the spider shape/plumbers neck this is a great option. IMHO, the plumbers neck seems shorter than others but that may be just the overall shape of the spider influencing it too. I'm not sure this will make the bag for me but I'm happy to have gotten one to try.

If you don't like it I know a buyer!!! Congrats enjoy it! 

6 hours ago, bambooluv said:

OK, first roll (on indoor mat) impressions. This will come to retail in a non-limited release. calling it!

Quick background. I've been an Anser2/NWPT2 head user for as long as I can remeber. As a nut, I will always try anything that catches my eyes. The Spider-mini has always been one I liked but the feel and or make up (tech and whatso have you) has made it less desirable for me.

Have always been drawn to a milled putter, and I almost backed out of this order after learning that it was only face milled and that the entire body/neck was not a one piece mill. This was the best opportunity for me to try a blade/mallet and decided to go forward getting it properly shafted and built to my desired length to start testing her in rounds. 

Upon recieving it, looks killer in hand compared to some of the other early pics, (praying that it's finish holds up over time TM has a poor track record in my opinion in this department in the past.) Got up to my buds shop at Impact Precision Golf and before yanking the shaft, rolled it a few times and right away knew that we were cooking with fire, the shallow milled face feels great, (very close in feel to my PLD-custom w shallow mill!) My bud was quick to drop in the new Accra Sync shaft and threw in my trusty P58 grip to cap her off. Went to the practice mat and proceeded to drop the balls like it was ment to be!

Had to get back to work, otherwise would of spent more time on the Mitchell getting it speced out more so. You guys will love it!

Long story short...

• Great look at adress for those that are used to a blade style with plumbers neck.
  • Easy to align up the ball with the True-Path tech.
  • Balance back and through has the standard Spider performance that has made it so popular in the industry.

20231111_120619.jpg

20231111_120510.jpg

20231111_120449.jpg

20231111_120415.jpg

20231111_115800.jpg

20231111_112231.jpg

20231111_112502.jpg

Number one that shaft is disgusting and no I need to have it.

Number two give me that shop! 

Congrats my man! 

• Like 1

I kinda spoke on this putter in the taylormade 2024 forum. I think this putter is the best balance of wanting a scotty milled blade with the extra forgiveness and alignment aid we need sometimes. Ive jumped back and forth between a mallet or blade, because they feel great and they look cool. This is the closest happy medium putter I can see out there for now. You close your eyes you'd think you're putting with a scotty, then you look down and see you have that with all the help of a spider.

2 hours ago, SaVo_ said:

I kinda spoke on this putter in the taylormade 2024 forum. I think this putter is the best balance of wanting a scotty milled blade with the extra forgiveness and alignment aid we need sometimes. Ive jumped back and forth between a mallet or blade, because they feel great and they look cool. This is the closest happy medium putter I can see out there for now. You close your eyes you'd think you're putting with a scotty, then you look down and see you have that with all the help of a spider.

This putter is really good!  TM would be crazy not to make this a standard release. 

1 hour ago, swoosh21 said:

Anyone changing weights?

I am.

Currently having it re shafted to play 37 inches, stock black pvd shaft, picking up tomorrow 

ordered weights off amazon that say they're for the stealth, but pretty much look the same as the spider weights.

order 2-10g to test out and see what i like. Should be here tomorrow, wednesday, will test out and game at new length friday.

23 minutes ago, jbole267 said:

Got mine today, it’s very cool looking. Feels great but think strong chance could end up back with my old DJ still. Something about the slant neck I can’t get rid of.  Could be on the BST soon. 

I'll be watching! Have a couple people message me but nothing solid yet

On 11/11/2023 at 7:56 PM, E.J. said:

Looks like that’s a 135G & .370?  
Where would you recommend someone acquire that shaft to have it dropped in?  TIA.

Impact Precision Golf in Spring Texas. Great group of guys who can get you sorted out for all your custom club needs!

On 11/11/2023 at 8:03 PM, R5Two said:

Number one that shaft is disgusting and no I need to have it.

Number two give me that shop! 

Congrats my man! 

Thanks, it's stunning in this putter no doubt! Impact Precision Golf in Spring Texas bud. 

On 11/12/2023 at 12:45 AM, jbole267 said:

What putter shaft is that??

Accra Sync

On 11/12/2023 at 7:01 AM, R5Two said:

This was from OP

My bud was quick to drop in the new Accra Sync shaft

It's a winner! 😎👌

On 11/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, TheMoneyShot said:

This putter is really good!  TM would be crazy not to make this a standard release. 

My thoughts exactly. Feel & balance is on another level! 

49 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

I would like one with some toe hang not a face balance guy. I am sure they will come out with one soon… it is Taylormade. They don’t know the meaning of limited run

It's not face balanced. not that you need another reason to buy one.

• Like 1

Yadi for President

24 minutes ago, BYK said:

It's not face balanced. not that you need another reason to buy one.

Damn when I looked at it online it said face balance. Thought that was unique with the plumber neck and what I thought I read was face balanced. I did just pick up a standard tour x slant neck which is my preferred style. Haven’t had a chance to roll it yet.

But thanks for telling me! Like I really need another putter lol

Really liking this putter. So far it's been more enjoyable than my jailbird. I have the jailbird at 39" so I'd prefer it shorter and a different grip before judging. But so far the spider is sweet. Very easy to roll and great feel. I think it's a bit on the firmer side for feel tho. Just my opinion. I've always loved a plumbers neck with a mallet style head. Really can't beat that combo! 

Anyone recommend any solid putter grips? I know it's all feel dependent. But I have had a hard time finding a good grip. I don't like the 17" counterbalance SS, I tried to lamkin deep etched and like them but seem a bit small. 

Edited by toastinato
  • Like 1

Received mine today and I’m impressed with the quality of the build (the counterbores on the face and details are perfect). The feel & sound are firm yet responsive. I thought I would show some pictures of the tour issue spider x version for comparison:

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM 9*- Accra
Taylormade SIM Max D 16*- Accra
SIM hybrid 19* 
Taylormade P760 4-PW
Vokey SM7: 50, 55, 60*
Spider X Plumbers 33.5"

6 hours ago, Green_in_Reg said:

Received mine today and I’m impressed with the quality of the build (the counterbores on the face and details are perfect). The feel & sound are firm yet responsive. I thought I would show some pictures of the tour issue spider x version for comparison:

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg

IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0638.jpeg

I was wondering this the other day... what would be the reason to purchase the proto when you can pretty much build one on their site for less money? And completely agree that it feels firm but responsive. It's definitely the most consistent roll I've had in a while. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, toastinato said:

I was wondering this the other day... what would be the reason to purchase the proto when you can pretty much build one on their site for less money? And completely agree that it feels firm but responsive. It's definitely the most consistent roll I've had in a while. 

Don’t think you can custom build a putter with the milled face? 
BTW it is crazy what some people are asking for these online. I would like one but not paying over retail. Just gonna have to wait for another release 

15 hours ago, SaVo_ said:

I am.

Currently having it re shafted to play 37 inches, stock black pvd shaft, picking up tomorrow 

ordered weights off amazon that say they're for the stealth, but pretty much look the same as the spider weights.

order 2-10g to test out and see what i like. Should be here tomorrow, wednesday, will test out and game at new length friday.

Let us know if those weights work when you get them.  I need to order some for my new experiment now😂

3 hours ago, toastinato said:

Huh?  Where on their site can you custom build the Spider Tour X Proto?  

16 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Huh?  Where on their site can you custom build the Spider Tour X Proto?  

Pretty sure he's referring to a MySpider Tour X with the plumbers neck, which still has the insert. Not really sure what the point of that is. Not to mention, it's still $420. Not an abundance of savings there for a plumbers neck Spider with the regular insert rather than milled face. 

Edited by coreyhr
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

1 hour ago, coreyhr said:

Pretty sure he's referring to a MySpider Tour X with the plumbers neck, which still has the insert. Not really sure what the point of that is. Not to mention, it's still $420. Not an abundance of savings there for a plumbers neck Spider with the regular insert rather than milled face. 

Yes, that is what I meant. Obviously I know the face milling can't be added. But I figured custom building a spider with a different face seems to make a bit more sense than purchasing a putter that is out of stock and being sold for $800+. So I'm not quite sure where that "not an abundance of savings" came from. Is there somewhere special you can purchase these still for that price? I said "pretty much build one" because I am fully aware that it isn't exact.