2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Brooks koepkas new driver

6 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Thats a good way for you to lose your money, any chance you’d want to travel for a poker night too? 😂 

You’re willing to bet more tour pros are using the core Qi10 over the LS at the Masters? You’re putting your money on AS and Collin keeping it in the bag. I’d walk to the arctic circle to gamble against you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Thats a good way for you to lose your money, any chance you’d want to travel for a poker night too? 😂 

🍿

• Haha 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

17 hours ago, Louis_Posture said:

For the driver Tour pros want spin and forgiveness, but YouTube club review pros and many WRXers do not.

If we were all Tour Pro's and could deliver the club into the perfect position every time too, then all of us so called Hackers would not need low spin heads either, we could pluck in our favorite shaft and be happy, but we are not!!! 

So tour pro's dont want the spin they just get the better fitting and equipment for there swing, this is why some need more spin than others!! Ohh and yeah hitting fairway is a big deal on tour so adding spin and getting the desired flight is a big deal to them not to US!! we just want to hit is as far as possible, how many of you guys to into a fitting and say oh yeah im long enough i need more spin so i can hit it shorter than my buddies but always be in play. if you do your lying or an elite player that is a + cap!!!

Titleist TSR2 8* Speeder TR 569 X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13.5 Ventus 6-X
Callaway GBB Epic 5 18* TC- HZRDUS Blue rdx 70-X
Titleist 816 21* Atmos blue 8s
Ping i525 5-P Project X IO 6.0
SM4 RAW 48-06 Tour Issue- Project X 6.0
SM7 RAW 56-08 M-  Project X 6.0
SM7 RAW 62-08 M-  Project X 6.0
Odyssey 2-Ball Fang Stroke Lab

17 hours ago, Louis_Posture said:

For the driver Tour pros want spin and forgiveness, but YouTube club review pros and many WRXers do not.

If we were all Tour Pro's and could deliver the club into the perfect position every time too, then all of us so called Hackers would not need low spin heads either, we could pluck in our favorite shaft and be happy, but we are not!!! 

So tour pro's dont want the spin they just get the better fitting and equipment for there swing, this is why some need more spin than others!! Ohh and yeah hitting fairway is a big deal on tour so adding spin and getting the desired flight is a big deal to them not to US!! we just want to hit is as far as possible, how many of you guys to into a fitting and say oh yeah im long enough i need more spin so i can hit it shorter than my buddies but always be in play. if you do your lying or an elite player that is a + cap!!!

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I mostly agree.  I've done many fittings in the past and self fit nowadays because I know what numbers are optimal for my swing.  In reality, 2000 rpm at 15* with less than 20 foot curve at 175-180 ball speed gives me the best numbers on trackman/gc quad, however, that's not what I want to see on course.  I'd rather see 2300-2600 rpm at 12-14* in order to keep my drives playable.  Yes, I'm one of the very few hackers that would rather give up 10-15 yards for the sake of better dispersion and increasing my GIR.  Golf is about score, not how far I can hit the ball.  

Agree with this.

I have similar numbers and my goal is to keep the floor above 2200 (usually pretty easy) and the max on misses below 2800 (I found it tough to keep under 3k).  

the ping lst usually tend to be the straightest and close to be real good, but can be tough to get the spin on my misses below 3k

this years qi ls has been silly good on spin management in my limited run with it.

Edited by Pnwpingi210
  • Like 1

I mostly agree.  I've done many fittings in the past and self fit nowadays because I know what numbers are optimal for my swing.  In reality, 2000 rpm at 15* with less than 20 foot curve at 175-180 ball speed gives me the best numbers on trackman/gc quad, however, that's not what I want to see on course.  I'd rather see 2300-2600 rpm at 12-14* in order to keep my drives playable.  Yes, I'm one of the very few hackers that would rather give up 10-15 yards for the sake of better dispersion and increasing my GIR.  Golf is about score, not how far I can hit the ball.  

Most guys on Tour are using an LS head. Even Rory and Brook's new Qi10s are a low-spin version of the core. You and most guys on tour can afford to give up 10-15 yards for more control yet most of them still choose not to. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Newport said:

Most guys on Tour are using an LS head. Even Rory and Brook's new Qi10s are a low-spin version of the core. You and most guys on tour can afford to give up 10-15 yards for more control yet most of them still choose not to. 

Where is it shown that Brooks is using a low spin version of the Core Qi10?..the only info I have seen is that it is a 9 degree head…I believe he has always used a 10.5 in previous drivers..so perhaps he just lowered loft to reduce spin?

I'm not trying to argue with you and I'm happy you brought up the difference between simulator golf and real golf. Too many on here treat them as equals. I just don't like how all of a sudden everyone is knocking LS drivers because a few pros are experimenting with core versions, albeit LS core versions. People are acting like everyone on tour is ditching their LS drivers while it just isn't true.

Where were all these people when I was espousing the virtues of the standard Stealth 2 for the past year? 

56 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

You could not have said it more perfect!!  I used to hit a fade to slice with loads of spin, after i learned not to hit that shot.  i was a Callaway demo day tech in Carolina back in the day, was one of the first company's on the range with a Vector launch monitor, so i learned to read ballfight early after that experience.  But i would fit guys into a high launch low spin setup and they would look at me and say there is no way i can look at that shot everyday, then i would show them on the computer they were hitting it 30-40 yards further!!! back then i could get way more distance in a fitting cause guys were just playing stuff they liked or someone gave them, and i had shafts no one had seen!!!  Example my Rep took me to the range first time he got the vector to fit me, i gained over 30 yards reading the data and fitting my swing for a more upward strike, he fit me and gave me at the time a GBB 2 8* with a Fujikura fit-on 6 x flex, at that time was crazy expensive no one was playing it, still the best shaft ive ever hit maybe!! 

So was not trying to bang on anyone who will give up 20 yards to hit fairways that is how the game is played if you want to play your best for sure!   Im a Hacker myself cause in not on youtube or have 120 ballspeed! LOL  So i think now with all the tech and head shapes guys need to find a head with a hot spot for there strike pattern.  as Titleist did in the last tsR lineup, i think they did a great job in the tsr2 with the more high toe bias hot zone, where they kept the 3 more middle to heal bias with the moveable weight,  callaway too same thing with the max and triple diamond

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Newport said:

It was discussed earlier in this thread

Have we verified the dot is a lower spinning version?

I’ve heard the speculation but have yet to seen anything definitive.  There  are a couple of members that have their hands on both and haven’t seen much in visual inspection or from the static weight.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frank Newport said:

I'm not trying to argue with you and I'm happy you brought up the difference between simulator golf and real golf. Too many on here treat them as equals. I just don't like how all of a sudden everyone is knocking LS drivers because a few pros are experimenting with core versions, albeit LS core versions. People are acting like everyone on tour is ditching their LS drivers while it just isn't true.

Where were all these people when I was espousing the virtues of the standard Stealth 2 for the past year? 

Thing is, The Qi10 LS is very low spin to begin with.  I can't think of another TM driver in recent years that was super low spin besides the SLDR and maybe the R9 Super Deep.  That's why you see more of a split on tour with some guys using the core head vs LS.  It's usually the opposite where most of them do gravitate towards the lower spinning heads.  Hell, the 10.5 Qi10 LS cranked open was borderline too low spin for me and the 9* was unplayable unless I mishit it heel side.  I was told by a TM employee who I played with and my fitter that I would need to loft up for the Qi10 line in general because TM purposely made this year's heads exceptionally low spin.  I get what you're saying though.     

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

8 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Thing is, The Qi10 LS is very low spin to begin with.  I can't think of another TM driver in recent years that was super low spin besides the SLDR and maybe the R9 Super Deep.  That's why you see more of a split on tour with some guys using the core head vs LS.  It's usually the opposite where most of them do gravitate towards the lower spinning heads.  Hell, the 10.5 Qi10 LS cranked open was borderline too low spin for me and the 9* was unplayable unless I mishit it heel side.  I was told by a TM employee who I played with and my fitter that I would need to loft up for the Qi10 line in general because TM purposely made this year's heads exceptionally low spin.  I get what you're saying though.     

I respect that. That wasn't my experience with the LS but I'm a high spin player.  I also noticed that AskGolfNut and Michael Newton, 2 of the better reviewers, had the same experience with the LS as me. I asked the TM rep at my fitting if I would be a better fit for the Qi10 core. He said it was just slightly lower spin (200 rpm) version of my standard Stealth 2  and wouldn't be worth the change. My fitting was outside on a range with Trackman. I didn't notice any difference in forgiveness between the Qi10 and LS.

Are tour players publicly saying that the LS is too low spin?

Just now, Frank Newport said:

I respect that. That wasn't my experience with the LS but I'm a high spin player.  I also noticed that AskGolfNut and Michael Newton, 2 of the better reviewers, had the same experience with the LS as me. I asked the TM rep at my fitting if I would be a better fit for the Qi10 core. He said it was just slightly lower spin (200 rpm) version of my standard Stealth 2  and wouldn't be worth the change. My fitting was outside on a range with Trackman. I didn't notice any difference in forgiveness between the Qi10 and LS.

I haven't seen any interviews where a tour player is quoted directly saying such.  However, one of my clients who is a tour pro TM staffer is in a 10.5 Qi10 LS.  He has a few buddies on the PGA Tour and one on Korn Ferry and they were all commenting how low spin the Qi10 LS was according to him.  

Edited by phizzy30

30 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I haven't seen any interviews where a tour player is quoted directly saying such.  However, one of my clients who is a tour pro TM staffer is in a 10.5 Qi10 LS.  He has a few buddies on the PGA Tour and one on Korn Ferry and they were all commenting how low spin the Qi10 LS was according to him.  

Gen1 of the tm drivers since the SIM release have tended to be low spin, and then gen 2 is forgiveness.  Makes sense as it lets them market either a longer or more forgiving driver compared to the prior year.

that being said QI ls is not as low spin as the SIM was for me.  I also think balls have gotten less spinny off the tee while maintaining iron and green side spin.  Reduces the need for a low spin head for a tour pro, especially right to left pros.

Edited by Pnwpingi210

30 minutes ago, Frank Newport said:

Pretty sure no TM staffer is going to publicly say its too low spin. You'll just see people migrate to the core model where they played the LS model previously but need more spin with Qi10, as discussed in the thread. 

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

2 hours ago, Chads9815 said:

Where is it shown that Brooks is using a low spin version of the Core Qi10?..the only info I have seen is that it is a 9 degree head…I believe he has always used a 10.5 in previous drivers..so perhaps he just lowered loft to reduce spin?

image.png.61710d1e41c20dffd9ce44c71329744c.png

There’s a dot on there. https://www.instagram.com/p/C3-Xp_9NHR2/?igsh=MXZ2NmU1cGJndnYwbg==

I found the 9.0 @8.25 QiLs launched low and spin consistency wasn’t anything special. I hit the core 9.0 turned down to 7.5 to keep the spin down. SIM remains undefeated for my delivery. (Same bs/better spin launch)

I am curious about the core dot version (hence me monitoring this thread). My guess is a tour issue head with the right measured loft/face angle/weight has value but not worth paying $800-1k for. 

• Like 2

Tour Issue SIM [email protected] Ventus Blue 6tx

Stealth 2 Plus 16.5 Ventus Blue 7x

Apex UW OG 21 Fuji Tour Spec 8x

2019 T100 4-PW AMT X100 White

SM8 50F12, SM9 56F14 Raw, SM8 08M Raw

Mezz Max Plat 35.5"/70

My last 5 drivers have been

Ping 400 Max - Could never get the spin down enough on mis hits, and even good were a tad too high.

Callaway Max LS - was Really good, but forgiveness was down and my handicap went up.

Titleist TSR3 - Same as Callaway

Now I am in the Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Gives me good spin on normal shots and horrible misses aren't spinning like a top.  Misses are generally playable except for horrid swings that no club will fix.

Qi10 LS - Tried in the 9 and 10.5.  9 is unusable for me.  Spin numbers were actually lower than my gamer both in a 10.5. 9* good strikes were 1800 with a low launch.  Bad strikes were 1200.   His 10.5 Qi10 is measured and 10.55 or something and my Ping he measured at 10.6.   Mishits were not great, dispersion widened.

Qi10 Max - Nope

Qi10 Core - close but mis craps punished too much dispersion.  Spin was where i like for on course.  2300ish and bad ones around 2900.  

Ai Smoke TD - tried in 10.5 and was good, but nothing to beat the Ping gamer, 9 produced some monsters, definitely a simulator winner.  

AI Smoke Max - Too much spin no matter what I did

Ping 430 10k - Surprisingly at 9* I got almost the same numbers as my 10.5 LST.  Good on spin solid and mishit shots, low heel was a smidge higher.  However the dispersion was better and my best balls were better.  I was able to average over 12 balls throwing none out 2600, which is great for me even with one heel block.   I plan on going back to finalize as I was a bit tired at this point and never even contemplated the 9* Ping 10k.  Now the Ping 10k is a bit large, much like the Qi10 max, but something about it reminded me of my G400 max.

In short my fitter told me that from what he had seen the LS is for guys with too much spin, and hadn't fit a single person into a Qi10 LS that wasn't already in a LS driver and still getting too much spin or borderline.  Now this is one dude, so he may be off his rocker, but I am a moderate to high spin player, but my weakness has become driving the ball in play after my wrist surgery.  My strokes gained is negative on any type of tight course or with a ton of doglegs, I am no longer super fast, but still can get it out there at 115-116 at 48, when just 5 years ago my cruising speed was 118, getting old sucks.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 4 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

7 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Ping 400 Max - Could never get the spin down enough on mis hits, and even good were a tad too high.

Callaway Max LS - was Really good, but forgiveness was down and my handicap went up.

Now I am in the Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Gives me good spin on normal shots and horrible misses aren't spinning like a top.  Misses are generally playable except for horrid swings that no club will fix.

Qi10 LS - Tried in the 9 and 10.5.  9 is unusable for me.  Spin numbers were actually lower than my gamer both in a 10.5. 9* good strikes were 1800 with a low launch.  Bad strikes were 1200.   His 10.5 Qi10 is measured and 10.55 or something and my Ping he measured at 10.6.   Mishits were not great, dispersion widened.

Qi10 Max - Nope

Qi10 Core - close but mis craps punished too much dispersion.  Spin was where i like for on course.  2300ish and bad ones around 2900.  

Ai Smoke TD - tried in 10.5 and was good, but nothing to beat the Ping gamer, 9 produced some monsters, definitely a simulator winner.  

Ping 430 10k - Surprisingly at 9* I got almost the same numbers as my 10.5 LST.  Good on spin solid and mishit shots, low heel was a smidge higher.  However the dispersion was better and my best balls were better.  I was able to average over 12 balls throwing none out 2600, which is great for me even with one heel block.   I plan on going back to finalize as I was a bit tired at this point and never even contemplated the 9* Ping 10k.  Now the Ping 10k is a bit large, much like the Qi10 max, but something about it reminded me of my G400 max.

In short my fitter told me that from what he had seen the LS is for guys with too much spin, and hadn't fit a single person into a Qi10 LS that wasn't already in a LS driver and still getting too much spin or borderline.  Now this is one dude, so he may be off his rocker, but I am a moderate to high spin player, but my weakness has become driving the ball in play after my wrist surgery.  My strokes gained is negative on any type of tight course or with a ton of doglegs, I am no longer super fast, but still can get it out there at 115-116 at 48, when just 5 years ago my cruising speed was 118, getting old sucks.

This is good write up.

do you have a shot shape preference off the tee?

3 minutes ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

This is good write up.

do you have a shot shape preference off the tee?

I prefer a straight to cut shot with the driver.

I have a 13.5 Mini Driver for a "3" wood that I can draw much easier and obviously is shorter for holes that I need it.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 4 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

23 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Qi10 Max - Nope

I agree this is a good write up but prolly better off in a 94 page 2024 Taylormade thread. This was all chatter about the dot head 

Tour Issue SIM [email protected] Ventus Blue 6tx

Stealth 2 Plus 16.5 Ventus Blue 7x

Apex UW OG 21 Fuji Tour Spec 8x

2019 T100 4-PW AMT X100 White

SM8 50F12, SM9 56F14 Raw, SM8 08M Raw

Mezz Max Plat 35.5"/70

59 minutes ago, TheSphynx said:

Why do people call the qi10 (not the LS or max) the “core”🥴

Because that's what taylormade calls it

TM Qi10 (9*) | Kai’li White 60 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

PXG 0317 X (18*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (3-4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM Spider X Chalk

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

7 hours ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

Have we verified the dot is a lower spinning version?

I’ve heard the speculation but have yet to seen anything definitive.  There  are a couple of members that have their hands on both and haven’t seen much in visual inspection or from the static weight.  

To my knowledge nobody has verified ANYTHING about the Dot head other than it is a larger profile than the LS Model (See Will's post).

• Like 3

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Surprised he's in the 60TX and no longer 70TX

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, ignitewvu said:

To my knowledge nobody has verified ANYTHING about the Dot head other than it is a larger profile than the LS Model (See Will's post).

From posts I’ve read the COG is moved forward to reduce spin. As I posted in the other thread about the v2 dot head…I don’t know of any way to tell if that’s true without cutting one open and seeing it, if anyone’s willing to in the name of science I’m sure everyone would be appreciative!!! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jhford00 said:

From posts I’ve read the COG is moved forward to reduce spin. As I posted in the other thread about the v2 dot head…I don’t know of any way to tell if that’s true without cutting one open and seeing it, if anyone’s willing to in the name of science I’m sure everyone would be appreciative!!! 

I’ve read post that speculate that as well, but haven’t not seen any information from taylormade or someone of similar credibility validating those claims.  

Authorized dealers are selling these dot heads, they should be able to us what’s different.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jhford00 said:

So its TM's own version of the Callaway standard tour/max tour or like a ZX 5 LS that he was in last year.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC