Ping G10

Ping G10 Hybrids

The Ping 17-4 stainless steel G10 hybrid is engineered with a sloped crown to create a high-launching, solid feeling, versatile alternative to mid and long irons. Six lofts provide replacement options from the No. 1-iron through No. 6-iron in addition to fairway woods.

Discretionary weight from the crown and face is combined into a weight pad running parallel to the ground that positions the CG (center of gravity) low and back to increase launch angle and reduce spin. The variable face thickness design is machined and plasma welded for higher ball velocity and consistent response across the hitting area.

Features:

• Sloped crown and large weight pad parallel to ground optimizes CG location for higher launch
  • Sole relief and increased bounce-height for versatility
  • Thin crown reinforced with radial rib design for solid feel and sound
  • Ping TFC 129H shaft

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just switched from the Nickent 3dx to this hybrid. It's SUPER easy to hit and elevate. I'm a low ball hitter...and would assume that guys that already hit a high ball would have to use a pretty low launch shaft. For most...easy to hit, easy to elevate...what more do you want from 220 out?

Ping G400 - Accra 162i
Tour Edge Exotics xcg7 4 wood
Ping Crossover 3i
PXG 0211 - 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 - 48,54,60
Toulon Garage - Austin

I traded mine in for Burner hybrids which I like much better. I liked the Ping hybrid off the tee but thought it was eratic off the turf. I did not like the protruding leading edge. There was a golf digest or golf magazine, can't remember which, article maybe 6 months ago that also showed wide dispersion on shots with this club, compared to other hybrids.

There was a golf digest or golf magazine, can't remember which, article maybe 6 months ago that also showed wide dispersion on shots with this club, compared to other hybrids.

The Golf Digest hot list article portrays this club as being the most workable in the bunch. I guess that's another way of saying the same thing. :)

http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/rating...s?currentPage=2

• 1 month later...

It could be the shaft but for some reason I do not hook these. Every other model that I have tried turn into a Big Hook Machine. Very pleased with these. :clapping:

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

I just switched from the Nickent 3dx to this hybrid. It's SUPER easy to hit and elevate. I'm a low ball hitter...and would assume that guys that already hit a high ball would have to use a pretty low launch shaft. For most...easy to hit, easy to elevate...what more do you want from 220 out?

You need to try the new Nickent 3dx RC hybrid with the blue headcover. Easier to get the ball in the air and actually more forgiving than the 3dx dc.

I do like the Ping G10 hybrid, but the face is not tall enough for my liking on the course.

• 1 month later...

Just picked one up and wow!

The club just rips through the rough. Hit a couple where my ball had nestled way down into the grass (about a ball and a half deep)...with my ball at the very bottom. Figured lets see what this club can do, and it ripped through the rough so well my shot came out high/soft with almost no difference that it would from the fairway.

Seriously SUPER EASY to get way up into the air, I was shocked seeing the ball rocket up like it did....and silly forgiving to hit.

Especially coming from the Mizuno CLK/Titleist 585H.

Didn't think I would care for the club at all to be honest, but it's performance speaks for it self.

Sets up nice a square, and hides it's scooped crown very well.

Unlike others I like the shallower face height as it sets up better for my eye.

For myself I find my 24* is just under 1/2 a club longer than my 4I.

Not a big fan of the burnt orange headcover/branding....but seeing how well the club performs....I can live with it.

Not sure if it matters but I currently play to a 1 handicap, and consider myself a high ball/mid spin player with a shallow angle of attack.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

I'll have to second hbear's comments. I picked up the 24* G10 at the pro shop yesterday, and took it with me on my round at a relatively difficult place which I've never played before. Found myself nestled in some 4" rough, a situation that usally slows me down and gives me a poor result with my 4I, so I pulled off the plastic and gave the hybrid a shot.

Wow! Went through the rough like it wasn't even there. The club practically swung itself. I hit a beautiful shot that went exactly where I was aiming. Tried again on the next hole from the fairway--same result. I *love* this club. :drinks:

And for reference, I stink. I am a high 90's hitter at my local muni course. I don't even want to tell you what I shot yesterday. Yikes. Was over-swinging almost every shot. But not the hybrid. Like I said, it is an easy swinger, and does what it is supposed to.

The 4I is going into the basement bag. Sorry buddy. Nice to have known you. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I have done some "spring"cleaning with my clubs after I went to the Ping factory for a fitting in May. I have now replaced my TM R7 460 driver with a G10, Ping bent my Eye 2's to a white dot and I also had the origional steel shafts replaced with the AWT steel shaft with a cushion insert. I feel as if I have a new set of irons. I can't get over the huge difference in distance I got with the changes.

So here is my question-I have 2 TM R7 rescue dual hybrids a 19 and 24. I hit them very well no issues except they aren't Ping and so this little voice in the back of my head says "Play all Ping". I have not hit them yet but am wondering about the differences between the two. Has anyone compared them? If they are a sweet as their G10 driver and 3 wood then I am game to buy them to replace my 3 and 4 iron.

I have a 24 deg G10 hybrid and am finally figuring it out. I am learning that I need to swing like an iron shot but only about 75% speed. If I go after the hybrid, I get a bad slice. An easier swing and I get a nice high straight shot about 180-190 out. I almost gave up on hybrids entirely but an gradually coming around to them. I actually hit it twice off the fairway this past weekend just because I had a feeling I could hit it easier than the 4-iron.

Hated it. Horrible sound and feel and I didn't care for the look from address. Switched to the Taylor Made TP.

Taylor Made Sim 9.5 Degree w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylor Made Sim Ti 3 Wood w/ Diamana Fairway Ltd 75X

Taylor Made UDI #3 w/ Diamana Thump 100X

Titleist T100S 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0

Titleist SM8 50/54/58 x/ Project X 6.0

Evnroll ER2.B

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my G10 hybrid - how'd the DG lite x100 do? did it bring the trajectory down? did it reduce backspin so ballooning isn't a problem? swing weight issues? sorry for all the questions just don't want to waste my time.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter:
Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid:
Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW:
Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW:
Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW:
Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips: 
Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Playing an 18* and a 21*. Pretty easy to hit... I had severe hooking problems for the first couple of range sessions with them, but turns out those issues were swing-related and not club related. Go figure :D Now I'm hitting these really well. I have the Ping stiff shafts in mine and really love them. I was hitting a Bridge's Tour Model (cheap stuff) hybrid before this. The feel of these is far, far superior. They come off the face quite a bit hotter too. Haven't really hit any other hybrids so the Bridge's club is my only comparison.

I have been playing the 21* in V2HL shaft for a couple of weeks. I'm hitting it well and consistently. Two birdies this past weekend (and I don't exactly get birdies by the handful) from 180 yds with the G10 hybrid. I have confidence in this club. It goes well with the G10 irons - transition between hybrid and irons is easy.

Callaway Rogue 10.5°
Ping G410 2, 3 Hybrid
Ping G410 3, 4 Crossover 
Ping G410 5-UW
Vokey spin milled 54/14
SC Studio Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...

I demoed a 15 yesterday in place of 16 degree 3 wood. The 3 wood is dead. Loved it as a replacement for that club. My demo had the v2 hl but I seemed to be able to control the trajectory with it. Loved the feel and look both off the tee and deck. The face seemed really hot to me, the balled just jumps. Hit it off the first tee, 1st swing of the day, 48 degrees outside and all I could say mid ball flight was my best Tommy Boy "Holy Shnikees!" I will have hard tme not putting it in my bag.

That being said, it is big. I play idea pro 3 & 4 hybrids and it dwarfs them. I love it as a fairway wood replacement but may be a bit big as a 3 or 4 iron replacement.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a whole new loa of clubs.

Including the G10 Hybrids 15 , 18, 21

played 1 round with them seem good

need more time with them. Thought about putting

awt or similar shafts in them the same lentgh

as their iron counterparts. 15 +1 iron shaft

18=2 iron length , 21 = 3 iron length

any thoughts on this.

i just think it would make my mind hit them like

irons instead of fairway woods

any thoughts or players who have tried this?

• 1 month later...

The only clubs in the bag I had never got fitted for was my hybrids. Recently returned from an extensive testing session to find the best hybrids for me and the Ping G10 with the Prolaunch Red shafts were the winners. Tried against the Ping Rapture V2, Nike SQ, Yonex, Taylormade burner, Wilson, Cleveland xls, Bobby Jones, and others I can't think of at this moment.

These gave me the flight I was looking for and the distance. Easy to hit and could hit a draw when required. Good of a low tee, off the fairway and performed well when I tested them out of the rough. They meet all my requirements for a hybrid. Just wish I had tried them earlier would have saved myself loads with all the clubs that have been thru my bag.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

• 3 months later...

OK I have an A3OS Adams Golf 3 hybrid. All my friends know it's my best club. I can get it consistently 200 - 220 yds and then I have Adams Golf "Ovation" irons (and I think I'm the only person on the planet that ever bought these irons). They're fine - I've been golfing for only a year and only hit the 5i and up. Consequently, I had a huge gap between 160yds (5i) and the Adams Golf 3H (200yds+). I went for the 24* G10 Ping hoping it could fill that giant chasm. It's so frickin awesome - it's a very unique sound, but it hit so straight and so easy. I really like the Adams Golf 3H, but I'm probably going to replace it with a longer G10. I'm about a 30 handicapper, but because my short game is horrific. I just like practicing the longer shots. I'm going to sell my TaylorMade R7. P.S. - I had the Callaway Squareway 7 wood for about 2 days to fulfill this 180yd need and it was a train wreck. It hooked and hooked and I just couldn't get it to go straight. I know it would be a great club and I like the "square-ness" - but not for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up an 18° with a Proforce V2 stiff shaft the same day I hit the course (Fossil Trace in Golden, CO) for my first round in eight months. Hit it three times. It was amazing off the light rough, and it was phenomenal off the tee (about 275yds). The 10th hole is a 320yd par-4 which doglegs around a lake. 260yds if you want to go for it. It hit so pure (high and straight), and it landed softly on the green. (I won't mention my 3-putt for par, though. :lol:)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• 2 weeks later...

I had purchased a Callaway 21 deg hybrid and couldn't hit the club at all. I was able to trade it back in, so I demoed the Adams Ae OS Hybrid and the Ping G-10 (just bought the Ping G-10 irons also).

The Adams was an 18 deg and the Ping was a 21 deg. I was hooked up to the computer at the store. I didn't care for the "look" of the Adams and thus didn't feel confident with it. I was hitting it well but with a fairly high total offset # showing on the computer.

The G-10 was a 21 deg, but I was hitting that the same distance as the Adams with a very LOW offset #. In fact a few shots, the offset # was showing that my hits were only a couple yards off of dead center of the fairway. I also preferred the look of the G-10. It looks more like a fairway wood.

Bought the G-10 and went to the range. Most shots were long and straight. Most importantly, I feel confident with the club. Great club so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I really think these are the best hybrids on the planet. Super long, not a hook machine, nice high toe and heel to help cut through the junk. When you look up hybrid golf club in the dictionary there should be a picture of a Ping G10. They are that good.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

• 1 year later...