2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

The milling looks sweet!!!! and the neck is nice too :) :) Wow...

Rich

Thanks Rich!

That is one of the Art putters correct. Man this has got to be one of the greatest putter releases ever. Very cool putters, love the whole concept and imagination put in to this line. Awesome is all I can say really.

Thanks!!!

Actually, that was a GARAGE series. Attached is a view of the face of the ART Putter with "Slight dogleg to the Right" flamed 303 hosel. Note my initials are hand stamped, as is the '06.7 (2006 - 2007) stamp. That was one of 10 pieces of '06 M1A 303 aggressive VMG putters ever made.... D.P.B. :)

Wow, every putter is a winner! Thanks again for the clarification.

I'm sorry, now I have more questions! Do you think the aggressive/deep VMG face would be more susceptible to dings and nicks compared to the light and medium VMG faces? Also, would a copper putter with the aggressive/deep VMG face be more susceptible to dings and nicks than a 303 stainless putter? Are there major degrees of differences between the light, medium, and deep VMG faces as far as feel, roll, and forgiveness(?) are concerned? Also, am I correct in saying that the VMG face provides forgiveness?

Thanks,

p

P: Thanks for all the questions. Currently offering two versions only: original and aggressive. Yes, softer metals are more susceptible to dings, which has more of an impact that the actual pattern. The sharper, most aggressive pattern puts the fastest forward roll on the ball, but some players and pros we have pre-tested with prefer the less aggressive pattern, being that it is more traditional feeling. Some say they can actually feel the sharpest pattern actually grip the ball... It does soften the feel too, as there is less surface area contacting the ball. Hope this helps. -DB

Now that is just flat out sexy! :)

Dave...you are truly taking things to another level!!!!

Looking forward to the release and hopes of being able to get one sooner rather than later!

RIDE

Thanks RIDE! We're working around the clock. (Stay near your computer this weekend)... -DB

I'm still in for a Custom long putter Dave! Where are the pictures! I need pictures! I love the detail of the models you are showing recently!

Mike, more pics later I promise. :) -DB

I am really lookin forward to pickin up a early release in copper or stainless. I have the money in hand, just need to wait to send it somewhere. Suspense is the killer, and good things come to those who wait. I would really kill for a billet copper 355g, 34.25 long, 4* loft, 71.5* lie, with graph shaft, and alu grip and a little over 1/4 toe hang (that is what would make me very happy)....thats the ticket! Dave you have made this post a great thriller and just look forward to the day i have mine show up.

Thanks SaeWickSon! See my message to RIDE above. :) -DB

"Next few days?" Wow, what a teaser! I think everyone here has been so impressed in witnessing the evolution of a great putter line release that the next few days will seem like a few months! I've seen a few non-Anser style heads in this thread's previous pages, so I hope at least some of those make it into the SHOP collection along with some non-plumber neck styles. Of course I wouldn't mind an ART or GARAGE model, but unfortunately it looks like the SHOP would fit my budget best.

Sorry to tease, but I have to balance that against trying to make a few more of what everyone seems to want the most in this 1st Release. There are a very limited number (less than 2 ea.) Revival models in Prototype form, with more in the pipeline for ART, GARAGE, Custom, SHOP and Production models, etc..

FYI, Left Handed GARAGE, ART, Custom, SHOP and Production models in the pipeline for M1A, M5 and M6, with others to follow as we pick up speed.

Thanks. D.P.B.

Dave,

Was unable to find on other pages if a DFW "test" date had been finalized yet? I plan on being there.

SCHMEGGA - Dates for the first annual, demo day / field test / fitting and all-around putter ho-fest TBD (To Be Determined...) Hopefully some warmer weather, and a maybe few special guests, equipment, etc. So, hang in there, while we organize what should be fun and unique event. Probably in late Feb, early March time frame. Glad you are interested! -DB

Dave, I can't wait. Some great looking putters - keep up the great work. I wish I was in Dallas for the test but I will wait patiently here in SoCal. Put me down for the face balanced one.

We might do something in So Cal later in the year. Have several friends and supporters there too! :) -DB

Hey Dave,

Go ahead and put my name on the Twisty Neck :):):) I'll give you a cal in a sec so we can discuss everything i've missed in the last week

-CHRIS-

Is it the "Half Twist" or the "Double Dogleg?!" Will send more pics after I feed the kids. Meantime, I thought I should share the pics I sent you last night with the rest of the group.

Attached is a new "rainbow flamed" 303 stainless M1A Adjustable TEST, with flamed "slight dogleg to the right" hosel, along side a Gunmetal blue M1A carbon Garage putter with the "Half Twist" hosel.

The second photo shows the rainbow head with a rainbow "short dogleg" stubby hosel, a melted 303 ART putter with the rainbow SDT2R hosel, a carbon hand hammered peen GARAGE putter (prior to plating or blueing) with carbon "Big Dogleg" hosel, a and the "Double Dogleg" hosel on the blue Garage putter on the far right.

More later today, I promise. Oh by the way, I almost forgot. We will soft-launch tomorrow, and start taking orders for our 1st Release and new Custom orders!!! More details later today. :)

All the best,

-Dave

BUMP! Thanks Jim for the update (new subtitle) to this thread!!!

Note my new screen name: Getting ready for our launch, I really wanted to fix this, and the guys at WRX were extremely nice to allow me.

I made the old one when I was doing "double top-secret research," but still wanted a reference to our extra stiff HOG shafts...

Now its time for me to identify more closely with the new MACHINE line, (and avoid any more immature and snide comments, thank you very much!). :bad: :)

The new Custom Order Form drafts have gone out to all but one of the testers, so the balance what is available from the 1st Release will soon be finalized, and we will be ready for launch (yeah!).

A few more sneak previews in the interim, if anyone is still interested...attached is a cover shot I put together for our new MACHINE Putter micro site. :crazy:

Thanks for everyone's help, interest and support. More tomorrow!!!

Sincerely,

-Dave

aka: DB MACHINE

PS: My dog Putter is continuing to improve (and is staying right there in my avatar!). Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes!

BUMP! Thanks Jim for the update (new subtitle) to this thread!!!

Note my new screen name: Getting ready for our launch, I really wanted to fix this, and the guys at WRX were extremely nice to allow me.

I made the old one when I was doing "double top-secret research," but still wanted a reference to our extra stiff HOG shafts...

Now its time for me to identify more closely with the new MACHINE line, (and avoid any more immature and snide comments, thank you very much!). :) :D

The new Custom Order Form drafts have gone out to all but one of the testers, so the balance what is available from the 1st Release will soon be finalized, and we will be ready for launch (yeah!).

A few more sneak previews in the interim, if anyone is still interested...attached is a cover shot I put together for our new MACHINE Putter micro site. ;)

Thanks for everyone's help, interest and support. More tomorrow!!!

Sincerely,

-Dave

aka: DB MACHINE

PS: My dog Putter is continuing to improve (and is staying right there in my avatar!). Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes!

Great news about Putter! Please keep us informed...

Let me add the new custom order forms are very impressive. About every option imaginable is available and Dave will definitely be able to meet the needs of anyone.

- Jim

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

Those are some great putters.. Good luck..

Thanks Steve, all this support is incredible, and especially remarkable when received from "competitors." More proof of what a great game we all love, what a great industry it is to work in, and what class acts are represented here on GolfWRX. :drinks:

>>>

Great news about Putter! Please keep us informed...

Let me add the new custom order forms are very impressive. About every option imaginable is available and Dave will definitely be able to meet the needs of anyone.

- Jim

Thanks Jim. Also amazing about this great community, how something as seemingly unrelated as an injured pet becomes something so much more.

Putter is (always has been) a piece of work. She has now figured out how to bunny hop with her hind legs, in step with her normal alternating gate on her front legs. Clearly it takes weight off the worst hind knee... We still do worry about the "good" one...but, you have to be amazed a little at her coordination, and I am also impressed me with her self learned adaptation. I really admire her spunk and perseverance, and she is so darn faithful. She still wants to be right by my side. Man. :drinks:

Dave, congrats on Putter's improving condition. Hopefully all the positive vibes coming from us helped.

I believe we're all chomping at the bit to get our grubby mits on at least one of your beauties!

Thanks moecat! No doubt in my mind that all the positive energy and love are helping, big time. :drinks:

I will keep making these puppies as long as you guys are interested in them. I also look forward to sharing and getting your real feedback. Hopefully they have a little magic in them from all the work and care, and can make a few (or a lot!) of nice putts for you guys.

Here are a few of my version of a Rainbow finish. These are done on 303 stainless, but are dewed, misted and / or satin finished prior to liberal application of the torch and a little "special sauce" so they are not too bright.

Note the putter in the middle is now my gamer (sorry!) It was in the previous shot with the D.P. BillingS / 1st Release stamps on the sole, except I flamed the cr@p out of it, getting as dark blue as possible (not easy in stainless, I assure you). This is also a special putter, as it was the first experiment in hand hammered peening (note this has both "sleet" and "hail" damage..) dogleg right flamed hosel, with "dogleg" stamp...

The putter in the right is also rare and unique. Dew 303 stainless Transformer EFX M3A (one of five made in 2005-6) with laser weld hosel, and "perty torchwork". (hey, I am from Texas...) :)

I think Chris is eyeballing the putter on the left pretty hard, although the "double dogleg" half offset, 4:00 hosel shown earlier is THE ONE, so far, so I hear. LOL! :)

LOTS more tomorrow. :drinks:

All the best,

-Dave

Dave,

If you get a chance can you post a couple of pics at address that show how different shoulder melts and touches might look.

Thanks!

Jim,

GREAT point! I have been way too remiss to show that view, especially since it is THE most important view to most of us. I will do better.

Attached is that "double dogleg" half offset hand bent flamed hosel I spoke about previously. The camera wasn't right over the ball at address, so you see more of the hosel here than in a real playing position view.

I can custom make this bend to offer a quarter, half or three-quarter offset (though it takes a minimum of four bends, plus extras for any special lies, forward press, etc., etc.). Whatever you guys want, I will try my best to make for you (within reason?). :) :crazy2: .

Thanks,

-Dave

Dave,

Glad to hear about Putter doing better. My girlfriend is really glad as well. She fell in love with the picture in your avatar.

Sending you a PM.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy (and thanks to your girlfriend too!). Sorry my inbox was full... archived and a little more room now. -DB

Hi Dave, will the HOG 1005D be available in the SHOP line in varying neck styles?

FYI, your PM in-box is full - what a surprise! ;)

Man, I am trying to keep up! Yes, the HOG 1005D will be renewed as a Revival model with all the hosel options and new custom finishes, etc. (including ART, GARAGE, SHOP series, etc.) and will be ready in late March.

I think someone else asked about the 1004R / 1004s (sorry it has taken me so long on this). We will also add that, though the development time may take a little longer as we plan to make an all-milled model (vs. die-cast and milled previously).

We're close!!! Yippeeeeeee!!!!!

Can't wait Dave...exciting stuff!

RIDE

Thanks -DB!

Way to go Dave! It's getting close now.....

Yeah, your MAILBOX is full.

Thanks! Mailbox has more room now, for the moment... :)

Another shot of three rainbows. FYI, Chris picked the double dogleg on the left for his tester. (cool)

More later.

-Dave

Dave, regarding the 1005D, am I correct when I say that the width of this putter - from face to flange - is roughly the same as the anser styles? That's what it looks like based on the photos in page 1 of this thread.

moecat: the 1005D (which will be the new M5 Revival in the 2nd Release) is 1.5" deep, face to back of the flange. Release date targeted for March - April timeframe. Thx. -DB

Does anybody know what's going on on this front?

Would somebody tell me when you find out?! jk! :) see below. thx. -DB

Does anybody know what's going on on this front?

I believe that they are still working out website "kinks".........

Yes, reebus is correct. A few delays in our new web design, and new unexpected "big opportunity" have delayed launch a few more days. see below....

Dave has been working very hard and had a BIG opportunity come his way this week which he is pursuing, he also had a chance to visit with Hank Haney to work out some more details on their putter grips.

Rest assured, DB has not forgotten about you. Expect him here soon with more news.

Cheers,

Drew

Thanks Drew. I wish I could explain what the big opportunity is. Probably nobody would believe me even if if I could tell you. After a very long dry spell, and then, when it rains, it POURS!

Anyway, lots of other great stuff happening that I can tell you about.

First, our new, second generation Hank Haney grips samples just arrived, and they are awesome! (thanks Lamkin!)

Spent most of Wednesday with Hank at Vaquero Club. Wow! Hank is just incredible to work with. My brain is still spinning.

I also worked yesterday afternoon fitting a European PGA TOUR player, and will announce more when appropriate.

The other "stuff" may or may not yield anything, but I do know this: Nothing is going to stop us from launching this 1st Release! I has spent the better part of my life with you guys and these new putters the last couple of months, and I can't wait to get them out to you.

Our web guy believes he can have the website completed this weekend, hopefully by tomorrow. When I see it with my own eyes, I will give advance notice here, so everyone has a fair chance at the 1st Release inventory, and then start our sponsorship, banner ads, new threads, etc. and start actually taking your orders and shipping these puppies!

Thanks for everyone's patience, continued interest and support.

All the best,

-Dave

Putters look great. I've always heard good things about Hank. Still can't wait to see these things in person.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Maybe we can set up an email list so we know when the goose is loose. I check this thread daily as not miss anything.

I need, want, must have, will not sleep, crave, lust for, dream about, ...........my new putter.

Joe

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 Stiff
Wood: Ping G425 5 & 7 Wood  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff

Hybrid: Ping 425 4i Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 54 and 58 Wilson Tour Forged 56 and 60
Putter: LAB Directed Force 2.1 (33-69)//Seemore Custom "The Big Fluffy"
Bag: Vessel Player III

They re coming. LOL. I talk to Dave on the phone about once a da. Right now it's just hectic since he has this new opportunity that he needs to jump at. He told me last night though that it should not be too much longer. I know I am suppossed to get mine Monday. Which reminds me to call him and make sure. LOL Ask Dave...I'm a very picky customer. LOL

-CHRIS-

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delays in posts and in responding to some of your questions and PM's....

I can't ever remember being this slammed in my 20 years in the industry. They say busy is good, so I should be doing great. If I ever catch my breath, I'll stop to think about it and let you know! :crazy2:

I met with our web guy, and asked him to make some creative changes... We are now on schedule to see the new revisions Wednesday, and possibly go live Friday or Saturday. Sorry for the delays, but there will be a lot of new stuff, and some surprises that we have wanted to coordinate with the launch.

None of the testers have shipped yet, as we ran into a small hickup with one of the finishes (the rainbow). I meet in the am with our plate shop to hopefully see the fix. If they don't fix it, the rainbows will be delayed until we do.

Everything else is on track, and I think everyone will be very pleased with the 1st Release. I'm off to a dinner meeting, but will try to get back on later to answer questions and PM's.

All the best,

-Dave