2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408141926' post='9943763']
Hey Everyone,

Here's a sneak peek of something brand new. It's very small, but we think it's very big. Big for putters. Big for fitting, our fitters and authorized retailers. And big for you and your game.

So, do you see anything different with the putter below???

All the best,

-Dave

[attachment=2376887:MP_M1AA_SCPN_Delta_Mod_1_strong_1c.jpg]
[/quote]
The way the hosel attaches to the putter head looks new!

[quote name='Etiger83' timestamp='1408142232' post='9943791']
Even MORE adjustable neck?
[/quote]

Bingo! Right out of the gate! Winner winner.

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1408143478' post='9943917']
I know the answer.....I'll wait for you all to reveal. Very cool!!!
[/quote]

No fair - you got a sneak peek of the sneak peek. lol

[quote name='Marks23' timestamp='1408146217' post='9944103']
[/quote]

Correctamundo!

The new questions are, HOW does it work, and WHAT does it adjust??

-DB

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408214907' post='9947595']
[quote name='Etiger83' timestamp='1408142232' post='9943791']
Even MORE adjustable neck?
[/quote]

Bingo! Right out of the gate! Winner winner.

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1408143478' post='9943917']
I know the answer.....I'll wait for you all to reveal. Very cool!!!
[/quote]

No fair - you got a sneak peek of the sneak peek. lol

[quote name='Marks23' timestamp='1408146217' post='9944103']
[/quote]

Correctamundo!

-DB
[/quote]

I know... it adjusts **** and well I won't give it away. Anyways it's awesome!!!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408214907' post='9947595']

Correctamundo!

-DB[/quote]

The answer is obvious...

It adjusts + - 1to2 putts per round

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1408215033' post='9947601']
I know... it adjusts **** and well I won't give it away. Anyways it's awesome!!!
[/quote]

Thanks! Yes, also works lefty! :)

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1408215131' post='9947613']

The answer is obvious...

[/quote]

lol. Your mileage may vary… (usually under, not over).

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1408215934' post='9947707']
I would guess that little spacer can rotate resulting in 4 different lie angles.
[/quote]

Close, but not exactly...

Lie can be adjusted 3 degrees up or 3 degrees flat - in 1/2 degree increments.

And,

you can do the same with loft.

Alone,

or in combination.

And,

you can adjust ______ !!

Any guesses?

-DB

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408287895' post='9951173']
[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1408215033' post='9947601']
[/quote]

Thanks! Yes, also works lefty! :)

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1408215131' post='9947613']

The answer is obvious...

[/quote]

lol. Your mileage may vary… (usually under, not over).

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1408215934' post='9947707']
I would guess that little spacer can rotate resulting in 4 different lie angles.
[/quote]

Close, but not exactly...

Lie can be adjusted 3 degrees up or 3 degrees flat - in 1/2 degree increments.

And,

you can do the same with loft.

Alone,

or in combination.

And,

you can adjust ______ !!

Any guesses?

-DB
[/quote]

Adjust the weight.

I also see that putter doesn't have the milling line down the middle of the flange. Looks great.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1408291465' post='9951419']

Adjust the weight.

I also see that putter doesn't have the milling line down the middle of the flange. Looks great.
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the kind comments on the looks! You can order any of our putters without a line, or any alignment marks you'd like.

The Delta Mods weigh about a gram. So they do add weight, but not much! You can compensate for that weight in the adjustable weights in the flange. In this model you can adjust up or down 36 grams, in as little as 1 gram increments.

There are still TWO other adjustments you can make with the new Delta Mods...

Anyone else have an idea of what those are?

-Dave

[quote name='born4golf77' timestamp='1408319889' post='9953623']
Adjustable face angle?

Adjustable Length?

Adjustable offset?
[/quote]

Getting closer!

Adjustable lie - check
Adjustable loft - check
Adjustable length - check

and,

Adjustable toe hang! (this could be the sleeper and for many players, maybe the most important of all).

Introducing the MACHINE Delta Mod option - available on all MACHINE Putters. More information to follow!

All the best,

-Dave

[attachment=2380069:MP_Delta_Mod_4xP_2x_exp_1.jpg]

Dave,

That's so awesome! Just adds another sick element to your already sick putters. Looks like I might have to order up #3

PING G425 Max 9° GD DI 6X
PING G425 Max 3 wood 14.5° HZRDUS T1100 6.5

PING G425 Max 7 wood 20.5° HZRDUS T1100 6.5
PING i59 4-PW PX 6.0
PING Glide Forge Pro 50° 54° 58°  PX 6.0
Machine custom Garage

Good to see ongoing pioneering and innovation Dave! Well Done!

Will the Delta adapters be available in different metals as well or will some metals be too soft (or hard) to use for these adapters?

Also, if you can share more in how the adjustment is done and if its a DIY kinda thing or...

Thanks Dave!

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

hqdefault.jpg

LOL! Thanks for the laughs Rob! :)

Dave,

That's so awesome! Just adds another sick element to your already sick putters. Looks like I might have to order up #3

Thanks Jay! We're ready to make you a really really sick one whenever you're ready! :)

Will the Delta adapters be available in different metals as well or will some metals be too soft (or hard) to use for these adapters?

Also, if you can share more in how the adjustment is done and if its a DIY kinda thing or...

Thanks Dave!

Thanks Art!

Right now we're milling them all from 303 stainless or 1018 Carbon. I'll probably do some in Damascus. And maybe titanium. Titanium Damascus? (that would be super sick!). We do want to stay away from softer metals like copper. There isn't much room for them to bend, especially the shortest mods, but why risk it. Plus, I can finish the steel and other metals any number of ways.

So here is how they work:

We will be offering the Delta Mods in multiple heights, and multiple degrees of change. The first release have square (zero degree), 1/2 degree, 1 degree and 2 degrees.

You simply add these to the bottom of the hosel as shown in the photos below. The side that the angle leans towards is marked (no mark for zero, dash for 1/2, one dot for 1 deg., 2 dots for two). If you orient the dot toward the heel, the hosel will be that much flatter from standard (e.g. select 2 dots for 2 deg. flat).

If you want to change the loft, you orient the Delta to or away from the face. Towards the face adds loft, towards the back makes the loft stronger.

As noted before, you can make these changes by themselves or in combination.

So, you can have a putter that is 2 degrees flat and 1/2 degree weaker (3.5 loft vs. std of 3). Say your course goes from shaggy greens one day, and then double mows and rolls them for a tourney. You can then change from 3.5 down to 3.0 or even 2.5 if they're baked…

And, by choosing taller Mods or by stacking them, you can also change toe hang. For instance, you can change from a Stubby hosel to a Med Short or Standard Length plumber neck.

In this way, you can speed up, or slow down the rate your toe tends to open and close in your stroke. Combine that with weight changes, and you can really dial in the putter to best match your stroke. We've tested extensively with our fitters, with golfers on our SAM PuttLab and in real world, and on our Golf Labs robot (also with SAM, high speed video, etc.).

It really is a "game changer!" :)

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408379359' post='9957285']
[quote name='LionGolfer' timestamp='1408332843' post='9954917']

Thanks Dave!
[/quote]

Thanks Art!

Right now we're milling them all from 303 stainless or 1018 Carbon. I'll probably do some in Damascus. And maybe titanium. Titanium Damascus? (that would be super sick!). We do want to stay away from softer metals like copper. There isn't much room for them to bend, especially the shortest mods, but why risk it. Plus, I can finish the steel and other metals any number of ways.

So here is how they work:

We will be offering the Delta Mods in multiple heights, and multiple degrees of change. The first release have square (zero degree), 1/2 degree, 1 degree and 2 degrees.

You simply add these to the bottom of the hosel as shown in the photos below. The side that the angle leans towards is marked (no mark for zero, dash for 1/2, one dot for 1 deg., 2 dots for two). If you orient the dot toward the heel, the hosel will be that much flatter from standard (e.g. select 2 dots for 2 deg. flat).

If you want to change the loft, you orient the Delta to or away from the face. Towards the face adds loft, towards the back makes the loft stronger.

As noted before, you can make these changes by themselves or in combination.

So, you can have a putter that is 2 degrees flat and 1/2 degree weaker (3.5 loft vs. std of 3). Say your course goes from shaggy greens one day, and then double mows and rolls them for a tourney. You can then change from 3.5 down to 3.0 or even 2.5 if they're baked…

[attachment=2380971:MP_M1AA_SCPN_Delta_Mod_1c_exp_2x.jpg]
[attachment=2380973:MP_M1AA_SCPN_Delta_Mod_1c_exp_1x+1.jpg]
[attachment=2380975:MP_M1AA_SCPN_Delta_Mod_1_strong_1c.jpg]

And, by choosing taller Mods or by stacking them, you can also change toe hang. For instance, you can change from a Stubby hosel to a Med Short or Standard Length plumber neck.

In this way, you can speed up, or slow down the rate your toe tends to open and close in your stroke. Combine that with weight changes, and you can really dial in the putter to best match your stroke. We've tested extensively with our fitters, with golfers on our SAM PuttLab and in real world, and on our Golf Labs robot (also with SAM, high speed video, etc.).

It really is a "game changer!" :)

[attachment=2380977:MP_Delta_Mod_4xP_2x_exp_1.jpg]
[/quote]

Fantastic Dave and thanks for sharing!

I hope you've filed your patent(s) application(s) for this!

Damascus Ti.... yes, I imagine that will look so slick! Any pics of a DamaTi putter?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

[quote name='LionGolfer' timestamp='1408406247' post='9959951']

Fantastic Dave and thanks for sharing!

I hope you've filed your patent(s) application(s) for this!

Damascus Ti.... yes, I imagine that will look so slick! Any pics of a DamaTi putter?
[/quote]

Thanks Art!

These products and technologies are covered by multiple utility patents, both issued and pending. We now have over a dozen patents and patents pending in the adjustability space, and more to come!

Regarding Titanium Damascus for heads - so far we haven't been able to get billets large enough to make whole putters from Titanium Damascus - but we do use Titanium Damascus for logo medallions - the lighter weight works well in the scheme of things (lighter in the middle, heavier at the poles).

Titanium Damascus is some crazy stuff - it does require some specialized machining (takes longer to mill and goes through tooling faster, especially the smaller engraving tools). But it does take some wild and I think beautiful finishes, such as the examples below:

[attachment=2382585:MP_M10F_Cu_DBSOS_TiDam_LM_14c_cu.jpg]
[attachment=2382583:MP_M10_SSDamascus_Proto2_13c_SSTi_LM.jpg]
[attachment=2382587:MP_M10_DPCPN_ART_CNC_Damascus_18c.jpg]
[attachment=2382589:MP_M10_DPCPN_ART_CNC_Damascus_18c2.jpg]

Thanks again,

-Dave

JUST RIDICULOUS! Seriously, do you guys ever just sit back and take a break? :lol:

Dumb question: to allow for the adjustability/movement, I'm guessing that there's got to be space between the bottom "barrel" part of the neck and the putter head or sleeve. Any affect on sound/feel?

And more importantly, will you guys still be willing to TIG weld necks on for those of us who think we know what we need...but maybe don't as I'm now needing a putter with less toe hang than the one you made me a few years ago? :D

Seriously though, impressive work. Pat on the back. Now, for the love of all that is holy, please respond to my last email. ;)

:hi:

[quote name='Geo' timestamp='1408454839' post='9964197']
JUST RIDICULOUS! Seriously, do you guys ever just sit back and take a break? :lol:

Dumb question: to allow for the adjustability/movement, I'm guessing that there's got to be space between the bottom "barrel" part of the neck and the putter head or sleeve. Any affect on sound/feel?

And more importantly, will you guys still be willing to TIG weld necks on for those of us who think we know what we need...but maybe don't as I'm now needing a putter with less toe hang than the one you made me a few years ago? :D

Seriously though, impressive work. Pat on the back. Now, for the love of all that is holy, please respond to my last email. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks George!

Break? What's that? We're having way too much fun - wait until you see what's coming next! :)

There are no dumb questions on something new like this - There is room in the hosel port in the head for the hosel stem to be angled via the Delta Mods. The "slop" that is present in that section (normally for an epoxy bond) provides enough room, as does the slight taper and chamfer on the hosel stem. The male / female mortise and tenon type joint makes it a really solid connection. The screw compresses the connection and there is a redundant press-fit effect as well. Because we precision mill all these parts in-house, we can control the specs and uber-tight tolerances. We've torque tested them and even hit full swings with them with zero failures. You can't tell any difference in feel (or sound) whatsoever.

We still offer all past, present and even more future options - however you want and need it, that's how we'll be thrilled to make it for you!

Oh man, did I miss an email?? Please resend or I'll dig in the archives. Regardless, look for my follow up email later this AM!

Thanks very much for all the very kind kudos.

All the best,

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1408455912' post='9964299']
[quote name='Geo' timestamp='1408454839' post='9964197']

[/quote]

Thanks George!

Break? What's that? We're having way too much fun - wait until you see what's coming next! :)

There are no dumb questions on something new like this - There is room in the hosel port in the head for the hosel stem to be angled via the Delta Mods. The "slop" that is present in that section (normally for an epoxy bond) provides enough room, as does the slight taper and chamfer on the hosel stem. The male / female mortise and tenon type joint makes it a really solid connection. The screw compresses the connection and there is a redundant press-fit effect as well. Because we precision mill all these parts in-house, we can control the specs and uber-tight tolerances. We've torque tested them and even hit full swings with them with zero failures. You can't tell any difference in feel (or sound) whatsoever.

We still offer all past, present and even more future options - however you want and need it, that's how we'll be thrilled to make it for you!

Oh man, did I miss an email?? Please resend or I'll dig in the archives. Regardless, look for my follow up email later this AM!

Thanks very much for all the very kind kudos.

All the best,

-Dave
[/quote]

Do you have trackman data for the full swings? :cheesy:

Thanks for the answer. You obviously know what you're doing, even with words and stuff. I'm still fixated on the combination of square pegs and round holes.
[attachment=2382743:baby_toys.jpg]

And, thanks for the email response! Really quick. :good:

:hi:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that Dave just finished building for a Customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom German Stainless Steel M10 Fixer Head with a German Stainless Steel Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck.

Dave Hand Ground and Melted the Bumpers on this MACHINE for a Smoother Appearance.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Custom Engraved Black Anodized Alloy Medallion.

This MACHINE has been finished in our Morning Dew Satin Finish.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14c.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14ch.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14s.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14f.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14ad.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that Dave just finished building for a Customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom German Stainless Steel M10 Fixer Head with a German Stainless Steel Dot Pill Cut Plumber Neck.

Dave Hand Ground and Melted the Bumpers on this MACHINE for a Smoother Appearance.

The Medallion on this MACHINE is a Custom Engraved Black Anodized Alloy Medallion.

This MACHINE has been finished in our Morning Dew Satin Finish.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14c.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14ch.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14s.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14f.jpg

MP_M10_G303_SCPN_BFGI_Ivan_14ad.jpg

Wow... That is a thing of beauty

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1408793004' post='9992313']
Thanks Rian! Appreciate the comment!

-Chris
[/quote]

You have me questioning my order Chris! As if I don't overthink these things enough. The bumpers are awesome on this putter. Ivan is a lucky dude for sure.

That Ivan m10 is an absolute thing of beauty!!!!

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 16.5 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Ping G425 19* Hybrid Ventus HB 8

PXG Gen 5 0311 22* Hybrid Ventus HB

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM9 56* M Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5

Srixon ZStar Diamond