2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Being paired with a woman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy a woman's company on the golf course. Especially if she is a stick, but Ive played with lots of women in my golf career, and never really had a problem with any of them. I think women in general are VERY concerned about pace of play (more men should be so concerned), and i think women are usually in better humor on the golf course.

I played yesterday in a charity scramble with two women who could not have been more gracious, or more fun to be on the golf course with. Our team had no shot, but we made the absolute best of it, and enjoyed our day, even played better than expected.

women rock.

MY GF is an avid golfer and I play a lot of golf with her.

She's quite easy on the eyes too, so when ever we play in a foursome with 2 men, I sometimes laugh to myself, because I can see the two guys obviously try to impress my GF with some extra long teeshots, that usually ends up in the bushes :rolleyes:

I like female company on the golf course, and hope more ladies would play golf in Denmark, where I come from. They are often more relaxed, play shorter but straighter shots and on rare occasions, they're also very easy on the eyes, which makes the round that much more of a pleasure ;)

If I get in a foursome with a pretty looking lady, I often try to top a tee shot some where on the round, so it won't go farther than the red tee box - so I HAVE to buy the lady a beer in the restaurant after the round......just kidding :rolleyes:

Love the ladies ... especially ladies with some game. However, bad women golfers can be painful. (Just being honest here).

I summarized, on another forum, a golf outing (scramble format) where I got put in a foursome with the worst golfer I've ever seen ... and possible the worst golfer there has ever been. I'm sorry to say it was a woman and she claimed to play in a woman's league twice a week.

The two drives we had to use of hers went 30 and 40 yards respectively. Good thing we used them when we did, because they were the only drives we found of hers all day. Just a few highlights:

1. She swung and missed 3 times on the 8th tee ... one time taking a divot at least 4 inches deep.

2. She went to the 11th tee, put her tee in the ground, took 2 practice swings and finally figured out at address that she didn't bring a ball with her.

3. She hit a 4 foot uphill putt 28 feet past the hole! It was an UPHILL putt! It was the closest to the pin hole so there was a tape measure there. As she walked back to the cart, I secretly measured how far she went past. Luckily it was a 30-foot tape.

As already stated, it was fun and she certainly made it memorable. Holy %!#$%!#$!

That said, there aren't enough women on the course, IMHO. See, I got all the way through that without once describing my love for golf skirts. Ummm ... ooops.

I dont have a problem being paired with a woman. As long as she keeps pace and isnt too annoying, Im fine with being paired with a woman.

I wouldnt feel that I have to act differently. Im a polite, respectful, soft-spoken gentleman regardless of if Im around women or men, so its not as if playing with a woman would cramp my style.

Did you really just say that out loud?

:rolleyes: ;)

Kevin

LOL...indeed I did. What I mean by, "annoying" is that she doesnt ramble on and on about herself and her personality isnt too bubbly.

Im all for a little conversation on the course, but Im mostly there to focus on my game.

I was playing an afternoon round on a saturday or sunday at my old club. I was out by myself, and kept waiting on the two women ahead. Not that they were slow, just that there were two of them. So I tried to get up to speed enough to join them, since there was traffic ahead of them.

At the turn, they saw me and asked if I wanted to play through. I told them actully I was figuring on joining them. Their jaws hit the floor. They couldn't believe that a guy at the club wanted to play with them. It had never occurred to me to play through. I figured joining up would relax the pace a little, give a chance to breathe. Still got around in a good pace, and made two new acquaintances at the club!

There are three ladies who get the first tee time every weekend because they play in about 2.5 hours walking. I've joined them a few times. They are great ladies, but they actually play a little too fast for me. I do like to take a moment on the green. They still just step up and hit it!

There was also a younger girl who went to LIU on a scholarship. She would come back and play from the blues with us, and hold her own. If we weren't sharp, she'd hand us our lunch!

There were some women there I would not play with, ever. But there were also some guys I would not play with, ever, so...just don't slow things down.

• 4 weeks later...

If your scenario is true (you're a single looking to get in a round) and get paired with "us" it must mean "we're" down one player and looking for a fourth. As previously stated, if you're not slow (male or female with that one), "Welcome aboard." My guess would be that if you're a single looking to get in a round, odds are you aren't bad and probably not slow. If you have that much confidence to bump onboard into a threesome, it's pretty good chances that you'd probably kick my @ss out there. I'll golf with any four people who are light and have fun but play decent right along with me. Golf is serious, but needs to be serious fun, not cut-throat. Welcome aboard and let's have some fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I played golf for my high school team and was frequently paired in matches with a woman on my team who was 2 years my junior. She could flat out hit the ball, and actually created quite a bit of jealousy amongst other team members. Being of high school age, our competitors and even fellow team mates had stereotypical pre-conceived notions about her. She was pretty quiet during matches which probably intimidated some of the guys, rather than the other way around. She now plays on the Futures Tour. I can't recall being paired with any women of note since, but I am trying to convince my GF to join me out there, after lessons of course.

Pair me with a woman who is fun to play golf with any day over some of the men I've been paired with that are: overly competitive(relax, I don't even know you), attempt to explain to me why my ball curved (to which I responded, because the hole curves and I made it do that), go bonkers after every shot they miss (hey buddy don't get so upset, your just not good), take 5 minutes to hit a shot (and end up hitting the 90yd PW out of bounds), or are just plain terrible to be around for 4 hours (spent the whole round telling me how much he hated Tiger. On 18, I said "Well its obvious you don't like him, you are playing exactly the opposite of how he plays...terrible").

If they are my age (27) or younger, attractive, and have game, I'll be in heaven (and probably ask her to marry me).

Women are CERTAINLY not a problem on the golf course. A** Holes of any gender are!

Any NJ women on here...I'll be happy to get paired with you any day.

All it does is impair my cursing.

Several years ago a friend and I were paying and the course was jammed up in front of us. A pair of high school girls that my friend knew were behind us and he asked if they wanted to join us since we were all waiting. On the eighth hole, par four with a creek just short of the green I always used driver. Tried to smash one and sliced it into the cart shed. Both girls used fairway woods and hit to within 10 yards of the creek in the fairway. I felt like a complete a**. Found out later both had qualified for state golf tourement and one of them had won it two years in a row. Moral of the story, don't judge a book by its cover and trying to show off usually gets you in the cart shed! :man_in_love:

Guess I was lucky, my older sister was a competitive amateur and my mom, taking the game up at 40, regularly shot in the 90's and would complain about people playing too dang slow. Letting my sister tee off from the shorter tees always made it tough. We've had some great matches over the years.

When I was a junior I had to play against one of the best young female golfers in the state. I won, but not by much.

I guess because of that, when I see a woman playing, I keep my assumptions to myself.

Recently I had the chance to play a private course, and the Head Pro there is a woman. When she invited me to come out and play a round, I asked if she'd play with me. Despite not playing much lately, she said she would. She teed off from the Blues like I did. We both played well and we had a great time. That was one of the most fun rounds I've played this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Being a female golfer, I'm quite curious as what men think when they are paired with a woman.

I often go out to the course by myself and am placed with a group of men.

Are there any pre-conceived biases that you have personally if a woman joins your group? Does having a woman join you affect the way you play your game?

Just wondering.

Since I'm a dyed in the wool bachlor I don't mine golfing with women and many times its a nice change of pace.

• 2 weeks later...
Being a female golfer, I'm quite curious as what men think when they are paired with a woman.

Are there any pre-conceived biases that you have personally if a woman joins your group? Does having a woman join you affect the way you play your game?

Just wondering.

Pre-conceived biases, yes I have. Most of women golfers I know and I have played with, are not good. They are not good between the tee box and the green, which means they spend a lot of time until we get to the green, which means I have less time to read the green and try to reduce my critical shot (putting).

And by some unknown reason, women golfers I played with do not find their ball very well.

Other than that, there's nothing biased. I wish someday I could see women golfers who play 80's or lower.

Just wondering.

I find it refreshing. This summer I was paired with several women golfers. I kind of think that most women golfers are worried how they are going to be percieved by the male golfers in the group - so they're a little timid. I'm sure that this is caused by some experiance they've had playing with a disrespectful player. However, the times I play with a woman have been alot of fun. It takes the pressure off, I can just be a respectful nice guy and focus on my game. I have also found that watching a good female golfer has been great for my game. They usually have an awesome short game and can putt like crazy. All in all, I enjoy it.

I enjoy it when we get paired with a woman. And I've noticed that most women golfers are better mannered and more considerate than most men. A real advantage for women at the golf course is that they can be average looking but when you see them on the course, they are hotties in comparison to anything else out there. Kind of like being the tallest midget. Works for me. ;)

I was paired with a woman for the first time a month or two ago. We played on an executive course that has four par 4's and 14 par 3s. The par 3s range between 150 and 100 yards. She couldn't hit the ball far at all. I think she used a driver on the first hole which was about 140 yards, and still landed short of the green. She had a good putting touch and a one point parred four or five holes in a row. I don't remember pace of play being an issue that day. I can't say that that the affected my game at all. She was an enjoyable person to play with.