2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

X-Forged Distance

Guarino14

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes non-flighted. I was able to pick up a set of Xforged heads in the classifieds and shafted them up with my PXs that I had lying around.

When I don't catch them thin they are great clubs. When I do, instead of the half to 1 club yardage loss that I experience in my other irons, the Xforged lose more. I would say a club and a half. I normally carry my 8iron 145-148. I've hit it a bit thin maybe 4xs and almost always it has only carried 130/less than 135.

We're not talking skulls here, just marginally thin hits with grass marks-almost no turf (still a little). I have to make sure I put the ball back maybe an inch just to make sure it doesn't happen. That brings the chunk into play though if I get lazy.

I switched from MP 32's to the x forged several months ago and have px 6.0 flighted, no difference in distance at all, my normal pw is 135 yds and really have to watch on the x forged as I am hitting it a little longer, (yes I check the loft) all the other clubs are the same. I had no ballooning with the flighted shafts.

Played about 4 rounds with a new set of X-forged (PX 6.0 Flighted) and I have gained about a 1/2 club to a club in distance. However, I was hitting the Titleist 690 before, which are traditionally lofted (PW=48*). The X-forged are a 1* stronger in loft at PW=47*, so I might attribute some of the distance to that and the fact that you don't have to pure it to get a good carry on it unlike my 690's. Also, I know ball speed is much higher is much higher with the PX than my old DGs.

All in all, I would say compare the lofts of your old sticks to the X-forged lofts. Also, you might want to get the actual lofts checked out as well. I recently took mine in after reading about how the factory lofts are not always correct and sure enough several of my clubs were a degree or 2 off - weak and strong. The lie angles were even worse.

That's my 2 cents.

I have had my X Forged with Project X 5.5 Flighted for about a year now, no loss of distance, great feel and yesterday

shot my lowest score for 2 yrs - Gross 71 - course is par 70 and i play off 11

had swing issues for the past 3months , but yesterday it all clicked together

:jester:

golf is fun when it all goes well

It never ceases to amaze me how people expect two different clubs to perform the same. It is unlikely that clubs with two different head shapes, weight distibution, swingweight, loft, length and shaft type/flex to perform the same. Heck, you'd be lucky to get two clubs from the same brand and model to perform the same unless they had been exactly pured together.

I'm hearing your gripe, but it's impossible to compare two different clubs unless the have been set up the same. There are far too many variables to make any informed comparison. I'm just being realistic - not arguementative.

Why not just compare to any other club on the market? There's probably one out there that's 15 yards longer.

I was just chatting with a friend who has both the X Tour and the X Forged. He has found because of the bounce/leading edge design of each club the X Forged seem to get it heavy and don't go thru the turf so well in soft conditions or in very lush courses resulting in a bit of yardage loss. On hard ground type courses the X Forged seems to cut thru the turf better.

I lay in semi-hard turf conditions and so far mine except for the thin hits play fine. I'll report back when I get to play soft type turf with them.

I was just chatting with a friend who has both the X Tour and the X Forged. He has found because of the bounce/leading edge design of each club the X Forged seem to get it heavy and don't go thru the turf so well in soft conditions or in very lush courses resulting in a bit of yardage loss. On hard ground type courses the X Forged seems to cut thru the turf better.

I lay in semi-hard turf conditions and so far mine except for the thin hits play fine. I'll report back when I get to play soft type turf with them.

I'm in Arizona - and I play in both conditions often. Tournaments in Flagstaff usually have soft greens and turf while anywhere in the valley it's hardpan.

So, no - you're friend is wrong.

I'm in Arizona - and I play in both conditions often. Tournaments in Flagstaff usually have soft greens and turf while anywhere in the valley it's hardpan.

So, no - you're friend is wrong.

What is your take then? Have you experienced the distance loss that people have been complaining about. Could be you are just an above average ball striker and is not affected by the design difference.

I will say I'm a decent/above average iron player and I do notice the difference when I catch the X forged thin.

My friend who has both irons is just telling me what he thinks. He has played them side by side on the exact same turf conditions and those were his experiences. The X Forged have PX Flighted, the X Tours have PX non-flighted. He is just a 12-13 handicap so his average ball striking might actually be magnifying the differences/effects.

Had x forged for about 6 months now with project x flighted 6.0, before had a set of titliest dci oversize from the mid late 90's that i used for 5-6 years, with the DCI i would hit the PW 145 now the 8 is my 145 with x forged, so i did loose some distance, but the dci were alot bigger cast and had graphite shafts, so bigger and lighter club equals faster club head speed, im with some of the other replys 2 different clubs with different shafts etc will give you different trajectory, distance spin bassically everything becuase they ae 2 different clubs, but overall i am very satisfied with how the x forged perform, distance control, spin and trajectory are all just how i want them, i also have a the 52 56 60 x forged wedges which are great for the spin we are all lookign to have, with the new rules i am wondering if the irons will be good or are they going to be banned later on i know the wedges with the mack daddy groves will be anyone have info for me on this topic?> I am a 5 handicapper so i am no hack but not a scratch golfer every round either

Sounds like it may be a shaft issue -- PX and DG are on the opposite ends of the spectrum -- neither good or bad -- just different. Plenty of strings on this site which talk this to death. You may want to go demo the X Forged with a DG to get a comparison. It may be as simple as the PX may just not fit your swing.

went from hitting my 6 iron around 180 -185 to hitting the x forged 205-210.

really . . .

I did the same thing......on the launch montor at ProGolf, doesn't mean squat. 187 is my yardage on my 6 iron with the px xforged on the course, first tried it on the lm and it said something to the effect of 205..yea right! Not saying anything against the poster but it just ain't real!

I have been playing with X Forged for about a month now. Was playing MP 14s so my numbers sre definately skewed due to lofts. My 6 iron ss is about 90 mph. I hit my mp 14 pw right on 130. My x forged is right on 140. I see a consistent 10 yard increase throughout the set. The mp 14s had dgs 300. The x forged have project x 6.0 flighted.