Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Hey Jeff Guys I recieved my PBS yesterday and just got back from a range session, hit about 150 balls. It hasnt gone as well as i hoped. i was hitting a lot of push's and i also had some really wierd ball flights like it would go up reach its apex then go down like a missile more like a triangle and not a rainbow.

i dont think im doing it properly, ive always been taught the hands are passive and all they do is hold the club, plus one thing im confussed about if im applying pressure to the aft of the club where the pbs is wont i be pushing the club head past my hands?

should my hands be active?

I dont feel like i have a feeling of holding and maintaining lag, any help would be appreciated ive read lots of the thread and think im doing it right.

i wasnt striking the ball any worse than usual but it didnt feel any better either and i still thinned a few, and that tells me i wasnt holding my lag.

it has only been 2 hours of pratice, and i will persevere, anyone had it like me not noticed the diffrence then boom?

Thanks Josh

Hey Josh - just my personal experience but I found it took me a couple of sesions to stop trying to do "something specific" with the PBS and just to relax and concentrate on the feeling in my hands when swinging with it on, then to emphasise that feeling and it took off from there.

Jeff - still interested in seeing those photo's if you ever get a chance to down/upload them.

Cheers, BG

Hey Jeff Guys I recieved my PBS yesterday and just got back from a range session, hit about 150 balls. It hasnt gone as well as i hoped. i was hitting a lot of push's and i also had some really wierd ball flights like it would go up reach its apex then go down like a missile more like a triangle and not a rainbow.

i dont think im doing it properly, ive always been taught the hands are passive and all they do is hold the club, plus one thing im confussed about if im applying pressure to the aft of the club where the pbs is wont i be pushing the club head past my hands?

should my hands be active?

I dont feel like i have a feeling of holding and maintaining lag, any help would be appreciated ive read lots of the thread and think im doing it right.

i wasnt striking the ball any worse than usual but it didnt feel any better either and i still thinned a few, and that tells me i wasnt holding my lag.

it has only been 2 hours of pratice, and i will persevere, anyone had it like me not noticed the diffrence then boom?

Thanks Josh

Josh,

Passive hands very good point! Passively direct them where you would like them to go. For example an aiming point it maybe the ball but it dose not have to be. Depending on the hand speed and type of release. Quick hands direct them maybe at the ball, slower hands direct them forward of the ball. Try different aiming points experiment and experience is the only way to find your aiming point. Every player is different and sense their motions different from day to day and moment to moment. Passive hands Active direction.

Keep us posted.

Jeff,

Why must the lag pressure point be in the aft location? For example, why can't it be more under the shaft (stronger right hand grip)? If it's still behind and sensing the sweet spot does it matter? Because it destroys strong single action?

I'm just not sure why clubhead lag pressure can't be elsewhere.......

Jeff,

Why must the lag pressure point be in the aft location? For example, why can't it be more under the shaft (stronger right hand grip)? If it's still behind and sensing the sweet spot does it matter? Because it destroys strong single action?

If the base of your right index finger is "under the shaft" then fore right if you hold your lag pressure well through the shot and fore left if you dont. That is a very strong grip, stronger than my understanding of strong single action.

Jeff

Swinger versus Hitter

I am interested in the pbs, but my concern is related to what Josh has brought up

in relation to passive hands.

The pbs seems more targeted towards hitters than swingers of the club, as how can

you have any manipulation of the hands in being a swinger when passive arms and

hands are an essential part of a swinger of the club.

I see where you refer to passively directing, but are not sure if this is something that is

a legitimate swing concept.

thanks

Well I decided to order this today. I'm curious to see what the impact will be. I'm slowly having my swing rebuilt and we just got to the point where I think a PBS may help. The pro I'm getting lessons from just started working on my transition last week. My old swing is more from the outside, so I'm not storing any lag.

Jeff

Swinger versus Hitter

I am interested in the pbs, but my concern is related to what Josh has brought up

The pbs seems more targeted towards hitters than swingers of the club, as how can

I see where you refer to passively directing, but are not sure if this is something that is

thanks

PP#3 is essantial to all golf strokes, whether hit or swung.

Chuck Evans explains it very well in this video.

Both hitters and swingers must hold pp#3 all the way through their downswings into the end of their swing. Hitters just sense it a little more through the backswing where swingers sense it load from the top. He talks about this at 1:15 mark.

Jeff

Swinger versus Hitter

thanks

PP#3 is essantial to all golf strokes, whether hit or swung.

Chuck Evans explains it very well in this video.

Both hitters and swingers must hold pp#3 all the way through their downswings into the end of their swing. Hitters just sense it a little more through the backswing where swingers sense it load from the top. He talks about this at 1:15 mark.

For years now I always thought I was more of a swinger, but after using this device I found that the hitting techniques are much more intuitive for me. My real problem was that I was probably mixing the patterns, either way this is a great training aid, just feel like you are loading earlier for hitting and later for swinging and keep the pressure on the PBS all the way through impact, JMO.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

logan and dlygrisse

Thanks for your respsonses, did watch the evans video and looks interesting.

It is just I had never heard quite that type of explanation before about the pressure

on the index finger in swinging the club, so was a litte skeptical, but if he has it working,

sounds good then.

I think I will probably give this a try.

Jeff

Swinger versus Hitter

thanks

The Essence of Clubhead Lag technique is that it is always both Aiming and Thrusting. Passive it is primarily Aiming the Lag Pressure Point. Active it is primarily Thrusting the Lag Pressure Point.

So, weather the player is Hitting or Swinging all that really matters is that the player is sensing the direction that they want their Lag Pressure to go in and hopefully it is toward their selected Aiming Point.

BTW passively lends itself to swinging and actively hitting.

Every player manipulates their hands to some degree even don’t think so. Just DO NOT manipulate the clubhead because manipulation of the clubhead leads to clubhead throw-a-way and that is when the player takes the clubhead to the ball instead of their hands to the ball or their selected aiming point. With throw-a-way the struggle begins and the line of compression is lost resulting is erratic ball flights.

Jeff,

It can be any combination of the Pressure Points. It does not have to be #3PP but the Clubhead Lag Pressure is sensed mostly in #3PP it truly depends on what the player has selected.

Also, 3 out of the 4 Pressure Points are normally on the aft side of the grip. Grip Type that Mr. Kelley thought was most useful for both Hitting and Swinging was the Strong Single Action.

You can move your clubhead lag pressure anywhere HK just found it to best support the Sweet Spot Plane which runs through the aft side of the grip.

Jeff, the use of float loading cured my case of the chip yips last spring, the use of the PBS would have sped that up big time. I didn't realize the same lack of lag was causing my driver yips, but the PBS is taking care of that as well. Man, your tool is saving me a ton of cash that I probably should have spent on a shrink! :lol:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Well after reading 8 pages of nothing but great stuff on the PBS, I've gone and ordered one. Looking forward to reaping the benefits of this thing and really feeling how it is to have the proper lag in my swing! :drinks:

BTW Jeff, thanks for answering my question so quickly. :good:

I think you will enjoy the Pure Ball Striker! I try to provide the highest service possible.

Jeff, the use of float loading cured my case of the chip yips last spring, the use of the PBS would have sped that up big time. I didn't realize the same lack of lag was causing my driver yips, but the PBS is taking care of that as well. Man, your tool is saving me a ton of cash that I probably should have spent on a shrink! :lol:

Kevin

Kevin,

The Pure Ball Striker can help with all the golfing motions and it also be used as a clown nose.

Jeff, Just wanted to and my 2 cents worth. I recived my PBS 24 hours ago. As yet I have not hit any balls. So I have been swinging in the backyard/office. My first impression was I dont feel anything!!!!!. What's the big deal....This forced me to review my grip and overall grip pressure. I realized the I had a death grip going. As soon as relaxed I could feel the pressure in the trigger finger you have been talking about. Looking forward to hitting some balls with it. :rolleyes:

Jeff, Just wanted to and my 2 cents worth. I recived my PBS 24 hours ago. As yet I have not hit any balls. So I have been swinging in the backyard/office. My first impression was I dont feel anything!!!!!. What's the big deal....This forced me to review my grip and overall grip pressure. I realized the I had a death grip going. As soon as relaxed I could feel the pressure in the trigger finger you have been talking about. Looking forward to hitting some balls with it. :rolleyes:

You and I were in the same boat. My grip was AFU and the PBS fixed it. Wait until you hit irons with it. Wait until you start clicking those irons. You won't know how you did without it. Hit em straight!

Alright...after reading all the hype I just placed my order. I can't wait to try it...I just got from a golf trip where I played pretty solid for 2 days and a bit off for the other 2, hopefully this sorts out the consistency issue.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

One thing I have noticed is that my divots have moved way out in front of the ball. Is this expected. I know the divots should come after the ball is struck but these seem to be 1 inch out in front. Lawn is looking terrible now LOL.....

Well what is the contact like? If those divots are an inch in front of the ball I'd imagine there would be some pretty penetrating shots.

OK here I go. PBS arrived about one week ago, give or take a day or two. Immediately took it to the range and saw small improvements; but did not give up on it. After reviewing this post again and looking at the "blog page" it all clicked. I had two issues that needed to be addressed (grip and passive hands). Using only those thoughts I have played 3 rounds using the PBS. I literally used it the entire round, every shot except for putting. I initially tried it on the putting green but did not feel comfortable with it so I shelved that for future testing.

My first two rounds with it here in Northern California were last Friday and Saturday in 25 to 30 mph winds. I felt if I could maintain the pressure (PBS) by correcting my grip and keeping the lag in those winds I would be on to something. It was so easy, by simply concentrating on those two things with this device I was able to gain much more control of my clubface; VERY VERY Impressed with ball commpression. As we all know, the wind will only magnify every flaw in our golf swings; especially "the flip" and it rarely showed its ugly head.

Took it out for the third time earlier this week with absolutely no wind and temperatures in the mid 80s. Same swing thoughts playing a course that plays just a bit over 7000 yrds (73.9/134) and hit 12/14 fairways (12 driver and 2 3 wd swings);13/18 GIR. I struggled a bit with my short irons 8 thru SW. I seemed to be catching those a bit thin from time to time and flew or fanned the ball to the right on the greens I missed. Hitting everything from driver to 7 iron so solidly I am a little confused by this. suggestions?????

Although happy with my overall score, I am most excited about hitting fairways. I have NEVER hit so many fairways in my entire life!!! I have with out a doubt found the missing piece to MY golfing puzzle and I am thankful.

Please excuse my rant; but I told Jeff I would give comments after spending some time with it. Jeff, great product and I appreciate it. :clapping: