2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Welcome NEW MEMBERS!!! Introduce yourselves...

easyyy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. I didn't notice this thread until now. Been posting here for a little while now, but I might as well introduce myself.

I'm living in Calgary, AB at the moment. I'm a native Edmontonian, but I have also lived in Caledon (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario), and Wolfville (Nova Scotia). I'm 26 and I've been golfing since I was 4. I took about 4-5 years away from the game, and I've been back playing for about 2 years now.

As some of you may know from my postings, I work for Golf Town at the South Calgary location in the clubs department.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

Hello all, my name is Brian, I am 27 and from southwest Pennsylvania. I just started to seriously get into golf this past summer and now I wish I would of ALOT earlier. I am simply hooked now and can not get enough. I've been lurking on a couple sites but I seem to keep coming back to this one. There is alot of great info and discussions here and it is helping me get my fix in these cold winter months. Thanks WRX. :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Allen, I am 37 and from Virginia. I have only been playing seriously for about four years. I love golf and plan on playing a lot this year. It is cold here and I am going crazy wanting to go play.

I originally found this site around last November searching for news on the new X-20's. I read the forum for a while and liked it. Then I had lost track of the name of this site, and couldn't find it again. So I searched for reviews for the X-20's, scanned through a the results and here I am.

Glad I thought to come back. I really like this place and attitude of everyone, seems like a great place. It was nice to get a warm welcome pm from one of the marshalls the first few days.

The irons are still up in the air by the way. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm George from Illinois up near the border with Cheesehead land. I'll let you guess what I do for a living but in my spare time golf is my passion. I grew up as a caddy in NY and have played this game for over 30 years. In the last several I think my game has been the best of all those years, the answer was by using my head instead of trying to" bomb and gouge" because my short game is not like Tiger or Phil and add to that the view is better from the fairway. ;)

Ping G 10.5* (Set to 11*)
Callaway RAZR 5 wood
Ping G 25 3 Hybrid
Ping G 25, 4 thru PW
Ping Glide SS 50* - 56* - 60*
Ping Zing 2, SuperStroke MidSlim

Hi All

James here. Im 38, single and was born and raised in Toronto, On. Canada. I have now lived in NYC for the past 7 years.

Im a front end CSS developer. Ive worked at nytimes.com and coded last years redesign, recently helped out on jetblue.com and have been doing front end work for about 8 years. Ive rode the Dot Com bubble from top to bottom lol.

I played junior golf in Canada in the mid 80s, stopped playing after high school and then recently got bitten by the golf bug HARD 2 years ago and am now trying to get a game going again. During my junior years I played a few holes with Moe Norman in the early 80s and particiated in sessions w/ George Knudson. It was great to be exposed to those guys at an early age.

This site is a godsend and Im completely addicted.

To say the has game changed almost completely since my junior years is an understatement! So this site is invaluable in helping me get my head around all of the many equipment changes and new ideas about the golf swing.

Thanks for letting us say hello and looking forward to a long stay!

Guess I should introduce myself as well...

Ron - live in San Diego, CA and yes I can golf all year round ;) 37 and a family man - actually became a proud grandpa as of January.

Handicap 5.8 which is mostly due to my pathetic putting which averages 35 putts per round (makes me want to cry at times - lol). Would love to try for a single PGA Open event just once in my life so trying to get to scratch by end of the year just so I can make a shot at it.

Hi, I am Cody. I am from Alberta, Canada. I am fourteen years old and have been golfing since I was a little kid; golf has been my passion ever since. Golf WRX has recently become my favourite website, surpassing Nexopia. I think my game will dramatically improve from last year, here's why:

- I have gotten stronger both mentally and physically.

- I will be playing way better equipment.

- My knowledge of the swing and game all together has improved drastically.

- I will have two memberships, which will mean a lot more golfing. Also, I am taking a spring golf trip in the end of March. This will help me get warmed up for the golf season.

- My worth ethic will be stronger than last year.

- I will be much more involved with tournaments and events.

- In the off season I have been golfing almost every weekend either virtual golfing, at a video analysis centre, or at the golf dome. Comparing this to last winter, I will say I wont be nearly as rusty.

- As I said before this, I have been taking video analysis; I think this will really help get my swing to the next level.

- Last but not least, I will be taking a few lessons from one of the two teachers in Canada with their masters degree.

I'm expecting to drop more than a few strokes, as you may have guessed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Chris. I am from North Dakota. I have been reading forums on golfwrx for a few months now but just recently decided to sign up and truly be apart of it. A little about myself, I am 27 years old and in a relationship of 2 1/2 years. I have always truly enjoyed the game of golf. I have been playing golf for most of my life. I really started to get serious though the last five years. I am a 10 handicap and have been there for a year or so. Looking forward to the upcoming golf season and continually improving. Hope to see you all around.

Laters,

Chris

Hey all, Slava here - Aussie living in Singapore (born in Ukraine, thus the name).

Picked up golf about 6 months or so ago and I'm totally addicted (must be the compulsive personality disorder thing (cool)). Still working on breaking 100, should happen soon if I stop trying to kill the ball all the time.

I'm a bit of an equipment junkie (not comfortable with the word 'ho'), but I think I have settled on my bag (for now).

This site looks like it is a little more relaxed and broad minded then some of the others I post on, so I'm looking forward to participating and contributing here.

Hi...Mike Burritt....Live in Kelowna British Columbia Canada

Play to a 7 cap, been a member here for about 7 months I think. Have to say with all that is going on in the world of golf today this site has taken over.

The "other site" only cares about what they can do for themselves and I am really excited to be a member here and begin to enjoy golf again

Thanks for being so readily available....

Hello All,

My name is Curt Roseman, and I have been mulling around this board for a few months. Was introduced to the whole forums thing by finding the other board through an ebay sale. A friend turned me onto GolfWRX, and I must say I enjoy the environment. I currently live in Raleigh, NC, and love the area. Lived in NE Oklahoma for the past 18years, and of course Ohio before that. I trade power for a large utility inthe Southeast, and with that comes alot of time off. I have a lovely wife of 13 years, and two beautiful children (Sam 9 and Meghan 5.) The wife got me into the game indirectly a year into our marriage: her dad was a JUCO golf coach, and got me hooked on this game. He was also my main source of instruction until the past 4 years, taking me from a 100+ shooter to a 6hcp. The new instructor, and near year-round golf, has shaved 2 more strokes. Anyway, thought if I was gonna spend as much time reading news, and scanning the BST's , that I should make the effort to post an intro.

Thanks,

Dutch

Hello, my name is Mike, I live in Greensboro NC and I have a lovely wife of 18 years and two great children 13 and 5. I am a 5 handicap and love to work on my game and also love to " tinker" with differant equipment so this web page is awesome!! I just recently ordered a Srixon zr 600 driver (japan verson) and love the game of golf.

HEY ALL, I'M JON. FROM OHIO BUT LIVE IN IDAHO FOR NOW. IM IN THE AIR FORCE AND GOLF 4-5 TIMES A WEEK. IM MARRIED TO A WOUNDERFUL WOMEN. SHE HAS TO BE TO PUT UP W/ ME THOUGH. I HAVE A 10 MO OLD DAUGHTER CANT WAIT TO TECH HER TO GOLF. DONT HAVE A HDCP BUT I USALLY SHOOT IN THE HIGH 70'S.

I AM GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE IT IS GREAT. OH, IM MOVING TO GUAM FOR 3 YRS IN OCT 08' HOPE TO GET DOWN TO SCRATCH WHILE IM THERE. 82 DEGREES YR ROUND.

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

SteveWillHicks here (just call me Steve or Stephen) currently procrastinating studying for exams up in here in snowy Nova Scotia...waiting on the golf season to begin....

Little history: currently 20 years old, started playing when i was 11...really interested in all facets of the game (that includes whipper snipping, which is what I have been doing for the past 4 years at Paragon Golf & Country Club in Kingston, Nova Scotia).

Down to somewhere near a handicap of 5 (though still very inconsistent).. hopefully will learn how to read greens this summer!

Cheers for beers (or whatever else is the beverage of choice!)

ps - if anyone is here from nova scotia...that's SWEET

Hey, my name is Brad Smith and I live in SE Alabama. I am 37, have a beutiful wife and two great kids, 13 and 6. My son plays golf and beats me every chance he gets. I am a high school chemistry/physics teacher and play golf every day it is not raining (almost). I am new to the site but am very impressed so far. I am only a 12 handicap but am trying to improve. Just changed my grip a little stronger and hoping this will help. great site and very knowledgable players on here.

Hello all,

I've been lurking for some time. There is so much interesting and informative material here I think I might be able to live through this wonderful weather and actually get to play some "G." Right now it is 19* outside my door. I guess that could be a good thing on a water heavy course. Anyway, I'm in upstate NY, married only about a year, and -- you guessed it -- love golf. My wife is slowly coming around to this realization, but it hasn't been easy. :busted2:

Happy to be here. :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone here at Golfwrx! My name is Terry, and my sreen name is my initials not a reference to Tiger. I am 37yrs old and work as a regional sales manager in the RV industry. I am married with one child and a second due in six days!! I took up golf in 2001 after competatively bass fishing for 10 years. I guess I just got burned out on the fishing thing. I have worked my way down to a 5 handicap and I am constantly working on improving. I am very happy I made the switch to golf. I have worked as an assistant, part-time, in our local muni course for the last three years and it has affored me to try just about every club and ball on the market. Just like the rest of you I can't get enough golf, either playing, watching it on tv, or surfing on the net to this site and ebay. I am checking what's for sale every day seeing if there is something I want, but do not NEED! I can't help it I am addicted. I played around for a while at BSG, but found it was not for me. Golfwrx is a site more my style. At BSG I found that people wanted way too much for their equipment and I think I was the only member that didn't hit it 350 yards off the tee. The one thing that really turned me away was that I requested an email recommedation of what model of Matrix shaft would suit my swing. I supplied my current launch monitor stats along with the request along with the driver and shaft combo I was using to get these stats. I was informed that they would send me the recommedation for a fee! That was the last straw for me. I understand that they are busy, but come on, $75 to just take 5 minutes to tell me over an email of what you would recommend! Anyways, I moved on and I am quite happy with Golfwrx. The members seem to be more in touch with reality and the average golfer. Lastly I would like to wish everyone luck in the upcoming golf season and hope everyone keeps it in the short grass!

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

Hello all, my name is Bill. I've been playing golf since I got my grandpa's cut-off hand-me-downs when I was 4. I played sporadically throughout high school and college, mostly messing around with friends, but I started playing more and taking the game more seriously last summer. I am about a 15 handicap now and I hope to be in single digits by the end of the summer. This board looks amazing so far...so much information.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alejandro, but I go by Alex mostly. 42 years old, single. Born in Cuba, came here at 2 years old and live in Michigan now. My goal is to be the greatest Cuban golfer of all time! Ha, ha, ha - probably not too tough a challenge. Yup, I'm a Hogan nut. Best golf swing of all time IMHO. Work as an Engineer for an Auto Company. Like the rest of you, I'm a certifiable golf nut. Been playing the game for about 20 years but really got interested in learning all I could and improving my own game about 5 years ago. I've studied lots of video and read dozens of golf books in the last few years and have been very fortunate to meet some great people in this crazy game who taught me a lot.

I've had some very cool golf experiences the last few years, like filling in one day at the Buick Open as a range caddy for my local pro, scoring a double Eagle on a 549 yd. par 5 (still no hole-in-one though!) and hitting Mac O'grady in the nads with an errant "lateral" shot :rolleyes: :busted2: (I wonder why he won't return my calls?) Just starting to dabble in some tournament golf and trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for the great site!

• 2 months later...

Hi, My name is Peter I am 23 and I new to golfwrx. I have been playing for a couple of years now. but this year is the first year I have really gotten out about once a week. Thanks to everyone who posts everything is very helpfull. I find myself reading something and then feeling like I want to go out and play more. Also I havent been able to figure out how to edit my signature, so if anyone can give me some heads up that would be great.

Hey, my name is Jason. I'm 29 and a career fire lieutenant in South Jersey (that's southern NJ). I have been playing golf for as long as I can remember but am just getting back into it seriously this year (have a lot of time off). Trying to find my old game from high school. Anyway I am addicted to the game right now and love this sight. Great members with great info on just about any topic you need. I check in daily and look through just about every forum, keep up the great post everyone.

WITB:

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460 9* w/ ProForce V2 72gr stiff tipped 3/4"

Fairway: Calloway 2017 Steelhead XR Strong 4 wood

Irons: Wilson Staff Ci chrome 4-GW stiff

Wedges: Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Wilson Staff Balance Fit Kirk Currie III