Bridgestone E5/E6

Gxgolfer

I played the E6 a lot last year (haven't tried the e6+ yet, but I can't imagine it's much different). You can also get last year's model for $19.99 in most places now for clearence.

Simply put - I can't imagine a straighter ball. No matter what I did, it barely moves. I pulled htis ball out whenever I was having trouble keeping the ball straight. Always worked. Decent distance too. I improved a lot last year, though, so as my drives went straighter naturally, I used this ball less and less. But for fixing a slice, there's nothing better.

Played the E5 too, but didn't do too much for me. Didn't spin much better for me, but it's probably user error more than anything. Balooned way too much for my liking.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a shoot out between the e6/ e5 and for my game and age (60 Whoa!) the e5 wins. A lot straighter, longer and better feel off the driver and seems to put truer than the E6. If my game was better and cost wasn't a factor I would be playing the B330s but IMO there's no better ball in the price range than the e5/e6. I also like the Staff 50 at a lower cost. Both great balls, especially for the aging player that has some game left.

Wait! I just got a sleeve of the new e5+ and e6+, so............ here we go again!!! I love this game.

I love the e6...I did a ball fitting about 6 months ago and my spin rate recommended the e6 and the Srixon SoftFeel. I played the e6 exclusively until a few weeks ago...and I do love the ball. Just giving the Srixon a try since they are a little cheaper...so far it is just about as good as the e6 for now. Definately love the e6.

• 1 month later...

I am just returning from a golf trip to Phoenix/Scottsdale. I brought a few different brands of ball with me, but wanted to primarily try out the E6- I never got around to playing any of the others! I found the E6 to be long and straight off the driver, plenty soft out of the sand and around the greens, but what really impressed me was its durability. I played two rounds with one ball and it performed as well on the 18th hole as it did the 1st. I have two dozen NXT Extremes and a box of D2 Feel, but I think I will also invest in another dozen of the E6 (and E6+).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Bridgestone and GolfWRX, there should be a few members trying out the new e5+ and e6+'s (Bridgestone donated some for our GolfWRX outing, great company btw!). I usually play the e6 as my preferred ball, but I'm going to give the e5+'s a shot and see how they are. In my opinon, for the price, both are great!

• 1 month later...

I had a friend of mine go to Hot Stix they recommended the E6 over the Pro V for my friend who is a 6 handicap. They said it had the lowest spin rate out of all balls (for drivers) and were about average for irons and greenside shots. I figured, what the hell, I'll try them and sure enough, they are long!!! I hit my drives consistently 15 to 20 yds longer while my irons added a few yards. I even hit one over 300...with my 3 wood! Although it is a little firmer than I'm used to, I'm glad I can hit 7 iron instead of 5 iron on 430 yd par 4s. Anyone know if the B330s is just as long? I would love to find a ball that was just long but with better greenside control.

• 1 month later...

Last year I liked the e5, but not the e6.

This year I hate the e5+, but LOVe the e6+.

The e6 is LONG, not hard and spins enough. A cheaper Nike Pro Platinum for sure. This is a sleeper ball!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 2 weeks later...

I just played 9 holes with e6+ yesterday. I could not believe how soft this ball was off the putter. I did a quick comparison to the TM TP red and a ProV1 and it was softer. Of off hybrids and irons it had a similar feel to any other three piece ball I've used. It did seem to fly straighter and a little bit lower for me. I didn't really get a feel for it for chipping or short pitch shots.

Let me say it again I could not believe how soft this ball was off the putter. Bridgestone advertises this ball as a soft low compression ball and they are absolutly right.

This is a great lower cost option to a premium three piece ball.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a box of E6+ after finding one and having it turn into the "lucky ball" I could not lose. I found for the first few rounds I was overshooting every green big time. This ball seems to go pretty huge off just about every club, but my driver ss avg is 112. Here were a couple shockers for me:

4i off the tee 240yds, no wind, actually a little uphill.

Rapture 3wd 14* pin high on 300yd dogleg left.

3 birdies in nine holes, with nice soft controllable feel off putter

This is why I will not buy another box:

Pitches, chips and flop shots have inconsistant spin and are hard to stop.

Ball flies too high with my mp-33s w/ project X to control in wind.

Hard to turn the ball when you need to carve a tree.

I think any ~10 to 15 hcp would really benefit though. Could not believe the distance.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, you hit a 300 yard 3-wood, and you DON'T want to play this ball again? Anyway.

I picked up several dozen of these at my loacal shop due to their $19.99 price tag, and WOW. Amazing, crazy distance. I hit the ball farther than ever and I use an old Cleveland Launcher 460. Granted they feel a little harsh on putts and you do sacrifice spin, as with most "distance" balls. But for me, getting of the tee long and hitting 7/8/ 9 iron into greens is key for me to score low. So for me they're great, but you have to decide what's post important to you, distance or spin. And I hit a 8.5 degree driver, so they didn't go too high for me anyway. Happy flag hunting.

PING G SFT 9.5*
TM M2 15*
PING G Crossover 18*
PING G25 4-GW
PING Rustique 54/58
PING G2 Anser 34"

• 1 month later...

I started using the E6 then moved to the E6+ this year (2008) and I found they work very well. I've seen my handicap drop several strokes simply due to the fact this ball flies straighter keeping me either in the fairway or just off it; therefore allowing better shots into the greens and not trying to get myself out of a trouble spot. It putts well and my short game is not hampered by using this ball. 1 of my top 2 balls that I prefer to play. It has a spot in my golf bag.

• 3 weeks later...

I play the Bridgesgtone B330-S on a regular in season basis. Living in the Northeast, I find it hard to play a great ball at the beginning of the season. I use the E6+ during the early spring season. It is a great 3 piece ball that seems to prepare me for the upcoming season, although I don't get the bite and spin with my short game that I would like, but I can't really expect that with the price. My wife bought me Callaway ix tour balls as a gift? Anyone know how comparable these are to the B-330s and B-330? I like a soft feeling ball that has high spin/check around greens, and was wondering if these compared well to Bridgestone balls?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

These are hands down my favourite golf balls along with Srixon Z-STAR. Aside from being long off the tee yet feeling soft, checking on the green even on a 6-7 iron shot (I'm a 15 handicap), these feel the nicest off my Odyssey 2-ball putter. Just gives that little boost of confidence that I'll make this putt if I hit it square. I switched to this ball I found one while searching for my ProV1. And they're quite durable as well.

• 2 months later...

I have been using the E6+ over the last few weeks and I think it is a lovely ball to hit long and straight.......but difficult to judge around the greens. If you are looking for a ball to help you reach the long par 3's than this is the ball for you, but if you want a bit more control around the greens for chipping and putting the 330 series is better. I am going back to the B330-rx, it is only a little bit shorter in distance, but SO much easier to control.

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking for a cheaper alternative and might have found it. This ball is long and durable. I gained about a half club in the irons because this ball releases on all approach shots. You will need to adjust your game if you are used to drop and spot or bringing a ball back. Once I got used to this I ended up tying my best round in the last year. Was extremely satisfied with the ball. Going to test out some other three piece alternatives to see if someone makes a 3 piece that will hold greens a little better. Definitely worth trying out.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing the E5+ balls for the last 5 rounds after getting a sleeve for Christmas and liking them. I do really like the ball though I wish I could get it to check a little bit sharper on greens. Even with the high ball flight that it generates, I am finding myself overrunning greens. Given my skill level, I don't expect to spin the ball back on the green, but I do expect to get a bit more stopping power out of this one.

Ping G Irons, Silver dot #6-UW
Taylormade SLDR hybrids #4, #5
Taylormade SLDR Driver 12 degrees
Ping Glide SW, LW
Ping G20 5 wood

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='scottleo' post='1524056' date='Mar 1 2009, 02:49 PM']I play the Bridgesgtone B330-S on a regular in season basis. Living in the Northeast, I find it hard to play a great ball at the beginning of the season. I use the E6+ during the early spring season. It is a great 3 piece ball that seems to prepare me for the upcoming season, although I don't get the bite and spin with my short game that I would like, but I can't really expect that with the price. My wife bought me Callaway ix tour balls as a gift? Anyone know how comparable these are to the B-330s and B-330? I like a soft feeling ball that has high spin/check around greens, and was wondering if these compared well to Bridgestone balls?[/quote]

I bought a dozen of the E5+ for my son who shoots in the 90's and he is loving them. I tried a couple of them and was very impressed. I had been playing the B-330S and found the E5+'s to be just a whisper firmer but everything else was almost identical. I played the B-330 and found it to be very similar to the Pro V1x but a little more "refined" than the E5+. I have been a big fan of the Pro V1x and have tried other balls in the past only to return to the x but this time the E5+ and it's price tag have made me really wonder.

It is one of the only ones I know of in that price range that has a urthene cover.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say these are the best balls I have played all year (e6). I have tried to find a ball that fits my swing speed, Callaway Warbird, Diablo, Pro-V1, Srixon AD333, etc...

The E6+ has been the farthest and straighest ball. AD333 is a nice softball but doesn't carry as far. Warbird I like as well, but not as much as the E6+...

Won 6 dozen in a tournement. After playing the E6 9 holes, my result: One of the worst balls for my game. I played each shot with the E6 and the ProV.

My natural shot shape is a draw.

With the driver the E6 goes straight right-like a mini push.

With the irons although right tendenz and about 10 yards shorter as my current ball-ProV.

Around the greens: less spin and less workability.

This ball is not designed for players with natuaral shot shapes and want to work the ball. Around the greens sub-par.
IME also designed for slower swingspeed.

For the same price, you can get the NXT-tour, which has a much better performance.

• 2 weeks later...

We are seeing a lot of mixed reviews on the E5 and E6. Frankly, I would have like to see these two balls posted in seperate threads instead of sifting through the reviews looking for a particular ball.

[b]My Opinion: E5+ (My driver SS is in the mid 90's)[/b]

[b]Pros:[/b]
Feel is good, particularly off the putter IMO
Shots fly high
Durable Cover - played 18 with no deep scuffing

[b]Cons:[/b]
Mediocre distance
Poor spin for me off wedges and short chips

I personally like the Nike PD soft or Taylormade TP series balls better. Both have more distance for me with more short game spin.
I'll probably sell the rest of my E5+ on ebay...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a high handicapper that likes the e6 because it helps me keep my drives on or close to the fairway. I am improving a bit now though and realize that I would like a little more control around the greens. The thing is, I know I need to keep my spin off the driver about the same because I'm pretty much maxing out my drives for my swing speed (which is < 95 mph and total average driving distance around 250 yards). Based on everything I have read and researched (admittedly without doing a ball fitting) I was sure that the e5 or RX would be the ball(s) for me (depending on course conditions and number of water hazards on the course :-) ) Somehow though, the RXS keeps popping up when I do various electronic ball fittings (including golfballselector. Are these e-fittings just a scam/marketing tool or is the RXS actually ok for someone with my profile that just wants a little more spin around the greens without gaining too much spin off the driver compared to the e6? fwiw - I'm decent at shaping my irons...just need less roll out on the greens and don't want to lose all of the help I currently get with reducing driver side spin. All comments are welcomed!!!

• 6 months later...

The E5 is the perfect ball for me. I have a low ball flight and a moderate swing speed (low 90's). I get a bump in distance from the e5 compared to tour balls, a higher ball flight (which I want), and good spin around the green. Greenside spin isn't quite as good as tour balls but the urethane cover on the e5 makes it spin better than any non-tour ball IMHO.

The e5 is a very good sub $30 for low ball hitters with moderate swing speeds, who also want greenside performance.

My local Roger Dunn started blowing out the 2010 e5's for $14.99 a dozen!! Iv'e bought 2 dozen a week this whole month and will keep buying more until they are gone. Every time I buy them it feels like I'm stealing...what a deal!!!

Ping G425 Max driver & fw
Ping G425 hybrids
Ping i25 irons
Odyssey Black Tour #5

Srixon Q Star Tour