Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

First, like the others have done, thanks for the opportunity Golfwrx and R. Cleveland.

I would really like a 2 wedge set to replace the wedges I have now. I am happy with my Chikara set, but to be honest I will never own a tour issue anything made for me and have to say it would be quite the thrill to be one of the lucky winners. An unbeleivable chance to own something truly special, and a one-off set for me built by a true legend of wedge design, would be amazing. Thanks again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because wedges have always been my weakness. I'm about to graduate and play golf in college next year and I've realized from playing with some of the greatest junior golfers in the country how important it is to get the ball up and down from inside 100 yards. My ball striking and putting is on the same level as these great juniors if not better, but my wedge games is not.

It's said that practice makes perfect, but apparently not, because I've spent hours upon hours of practice at the wedge area and par 3 course at my club, and still can't get up and down in tournaments. I continue to struggle with my wedges when it matters the most, and I don't understand why. I think it might be because my wedges are not proper for my swing.

So in short, I need this to be able to compete and have success in college, because I've pretty much tried everything else. I know if my wedge game improves, my game will go to the next level. If not anything else, I could use the confidence that would be instilled by using a club designed specifically for me by such a legend as Roger Cleveland and to know that I'm using the best possible wedge for me that I could.

Thanks Golfwrx for such an awesome giveaway.

ive been playing 588 wedges since i first started.... visually thats what i look for in a wedge (as the more recent callaway wedges have strong similarities w the 588) and obviously they perform well. to get custom fit by the person that designed them would be awesome, especially when the short game is so important. thanks for the opportunity again golfwrx and mr. cleveland!!!!

Winning this contest is honestly the only way I will ever be able to play the same equipment the world's best golfers play. Then on top of that these wedges would be designed by Roger Cleveland, the man behind the most successful wedges of all time and the man behind the Callaway wedges. Winning this contest and being able to play the wedges will erase all doubt in my mind and will let me know for sure that it is indeed not the arrow but the indian.

To have these custom made wedges tuned specifically for a player's needs would be priceless. I would love the opportunity to sit down and talk to Roger Cleveland and gain the knowledge of grinds, bounce, and all areas behind wedge design. I would appreciate everything I can learn from Roger Cleveland about wedges. Having his knowledge and the help he can provide to my wedge game would take my game to the next level.

Thanks WRX for another great offer! This site keeps getting better and better. I would love to have these wedges because I have heard great things about the new callaway wedges and having them ground to your specs by Mr. Roger Cleveland himself is just incredible. How can you not play better just knowing you're playing with clubs built by a master, as well as knowing you're getting the "tour" treatment. great promotion, thanks to all that made this possible.

Thanks to GolfWRX, Callaway and Mr. Cleveland.

I would want these wedges since I've never "gamed" a Callaway product aside from "test runs" and demoing and would like to see if there's something out there I'd be willing to bag.

Professional level treatment might just be what earns a Callaway club a spot in the bag for an extended period of time.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

Thanks for this opportunity!

What makes this opportunity so amazing for me is the idea that a craftsman like Roger Cleveland might custom build wedges specifically for my playing style. Since I began playing golf a few years ago, I've played clubs off the rack. My clubs are the same whether I buy them in New Orleans or New York City. But as the pros know, there's something distinct, both technically and aesthetically, about yielding a club that was was made uniquely for them.

To me, these wedges are artistic expressions. They are made with human hands committed to creating an instrument more precise than what can be achieved through mass production. To be able to play these wedges would be a privilege. Plus my foursome would go green with envy!

:man_in_love: wow what a competition. As to why I should be the one... well I shouldn't since I am so unworthy being a bit of a :black eye: golfer. About the only reason I have is that I grew up on Callaway as it was my Dad's favourite brand, an affection that I inherited, unfortunately I've never gotten on with the previous incarnations of their wedges, and had already bought my current wedges when the current x-forged came out, so the oppurtunity to get Callaway wedges that would be customised for my game is just such a wow thought on so many levels. Thank you Golfwrx for the chance to enter :o)

i would really like the chance to get these wedges.

i would like them because ive been in this kind of slump lately when it comes to the short game. ive spent numerous hours on the chipping area and it doesnt seem to get any better. i figure its cuz the wedges arent built for my style of play. hence, if i had these wedges, it would take me past this whole slump that im in.

I guessed it in the other thread, but Richard had to keep the guesses coming after all to keep the thread alive - but I freakin' guessed it......yeahhhhhhhh

I'm all in Baby :man_in_love: :partytime2:

It would be an honor to play a set of wedges designed, grinded and almost entirely made by Roger Cleveland himself :clapping:

My game has been in a slump recently, as I've been going through surgery and actually thought of quitting golf and spending my time on something else - a trio of 50/54/58 Roger Cleveland grinded personal unique wedges would most certainly make me want to rethink twice and third about laying my clubs on the shelf and quitting this game :)

I haven't had any Cleveland wedges in my bag since Mr. Cleveland left Cleveland for Callaway, and the only thing I disliked about the great Cleveland wedges was the long name on the sole, which attractedc a lot of dirt after each round of golf. The Callaway wedges don't have this problem and they are even forged from 1025 carbon steel. To have a trio of custom grinded wedges like that, maybe even with Mr. Clevelands initials on them would be a great dream come true :ok:

Thanks, Claus :)

I would love to have these because wedges and chipping are the most important items in a good golf game. Your not always going to strike the ball well every time out or putt great every round but a good short game will get you through the times when you are not at your best. A good grind is hard to find

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Considering that I have to start paying my college loans back here in two months, there will be no way in hell i would be able to afford anything like this. This is by far one of the coolest things I have had the chance to be apart of. The worst part of my game is around the green. I am horrible. I don't know what else to say but i suck. The chance to have a custom set of wedges to help me with this part of my game is the chance of a lifetime. Thank You GOLFWRX.com and Roger Cleveland. (Wow, I am terrible at writing . haha) Good Luck to all who enter.

I have always been a fan of Roger Clevelands' work and played Cleveland wedges for many years, yes, there have been others as well but I keep going back the my Clevelands. Roger is continuing his outstanding craftmanship with Callaway, having the opportunity to have custom made wedges from this master would be so sweet. Thanks for the chance to win these!!

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

Having somone custom make you some golf gear is just the best.

To have one of the best do it is just the best of the best.

I have always needed help with my short game,and having to wedges custom made to your swing is only going to improve my short game.

Thanks Cally and WRX another great offer for us to feel like the pro's.

i would love to have a set of custom made wedges to step up my game to help improve my chances of making it someday. it wouldnt just be an honor but it would also be a dream come true to get the kind of goodies and amazing treatment offered by these top oems. i believe if given the chance to work or have clubs done by a master club-builder would take my game to the next level, come on help a college kid out!

Please count me in- and thanks for another great contest.

Having a set of custom wedges would mean the ultimate level of confidence. I would know that these were the best for my game and ground by "the man" himself. Reaching into the bag for one of these sticks would change the mentality from "let's get it dancing" to "let's make it". It would be an honor to swing these sticks and even more of a pleasure to take my wedge game to the next level. Thanks

Man this is SWEEEETTTT!!!

Thank you Callaway, Mr. Cleveland and GolfWRX for this opportunity. Hand Made Wedges would be insane. I would have so much confidence if i had this in the Bag. I would know that this a made by Roger Cleveland himself. I always dreamed of such a chance. If i get these babys i would be the happiest man alive.

PLEASE COUNT ME IN

Steve

Titleist 913D2 9.5° AD-BB7s NDMC Wht/Bl
Titleist 910F 15° AD-DI 8s NDMC Blk/Rd
Titleist 712U 2i 18° KBS C-Taper Stiff
Titleist AP2 712 3-PW KBS C-Taper Stiff
Titleist SM4 54.11 SM4 58.08
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

I would like to win these wedges because i am a kid who has to earn his own money and buy clubs that way. This summer I wont have a job because of the economy and my vokeys are 2 years old. I really need new wedges before the highschool season begins so that all of my shots that dont have any spin now would actually spin for me then. Thank You Golfwrx and Callaway and Mr. Roger Cleveland for having this awesome giveaway!!!!

The short game is one of the greatest, most exciting aspects to the game of golf. Having wedges that have been crafted with such expertise would not only make my game better, but more enjoyable. Thank you for the opportunity Mr. Cleveland and Golfwrx, whomever wins these wedges will truly be honored and thankful for this wonderful opportunity!!

I was fortunate enough to get a 60* wedge ground by Don White last year when he was at Hagen Oaks... Wouldn't you know that I've worn out the grooves already... my sand wedge is about 2 years old too... I'm ready for a wedge overhaul!!! Sign me up!!!

Titleist TSi3 - 10 Degree - C1 - T1 - XC-6 S 44.75"

Titleist TSR3 - 15 Degree - C1 - T1 - Tensei 1K Black 75S 

Titleist TSR3 - 18 Degree - C1 - T1 - Tensei 1K Black 85S 

FliHi Pro 3 - 20 Degrees - ProjectXU 6.0

MP-18 - 4, 5 MMC FliHi, 6 SC, 7, 8, 9 Blade - Oban CT-125 S

Mack Daddy Forged 50, 54 @ 55 and 60 DG S200's

All Irons and Wedges 4 Degrees Flat

Golf Pride Victory Cords on all the above - IYKYK!!!

Ping Cadence Ketsch - 34" w/ SuperStroke Wrist Lock