Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

Open to all of us- Work with Roger to customize a set of wedges...
Open for everyone here. Free to enter.

Callaway and GolfWRX is proud to offer this exclusive opportunity to our membership here on WRX. We will offer a set (2 or 3) of wedges for 2 members. This would include the 2 or 3 wedges the member would put into the bag. These wedges will be ground and stamped by the legendary Roger Cleveland. To win the contest all you have to do is reply to this thread and say why you would want these wedges, and what this would mean to you to have the same level of service that Roger offers to the top professionals around the world. The 2 winners of this contest can pick any 2 or 3 wedges to build out their set and pick finish and stamping they would like in addition to any issues they are trying to overcome and Roger can try and get them the right wedge.

Again to qualify please enter by posting in this thread why you would want these wedges, and what this would mean to you to have the same level of service that Roger offers to the top professionals around the world.

Many thank to Roger and Callaway Golf for this privilege to offer GolfWRX members the chance to have a world class service truly unobtainable for the public.

ENTER HERE IN THIS THREAD... REPLY WHY YOU WOULD WANT THESE WEDGES

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that I would ever have the opportunity to have a club custom made for me other than through something like this. I think any true enthusiast of the game would love to have the opportunity to game a wedge custom made by a legend such as Roger....including me :) It is a once in a life time opportunity!!! Thanks GolfWRX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fingers are crossed hahaha

Now THIS I have to get into! This would be AWESOME!

I have no wedge game. Nothing fits that is stock and I keep making sacrifices and have no consistency. If I were to get a set of real wedges and learn to use something that actually fits, I know I would improve. Would an additional, "please" help? :D

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

The reason I would want them is they would be custom made by the original innovator of wedge design, as well as shave some strokes off my short game. It would mean alot to have the tour pro pampering by having a set of wedges custom designed for me by Mr. Cleveland

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

Given the once in a lifetimeness of the situation, and the fact that rounds are ruined from 100 yards in, this is by far my best chance to make it the arrow, not the indian :D

Thank you for the oppourtunity

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Holy crap!!! Thanks Callaway, Roger Cleveland and Golfwrx!! :idhitit:

I'd like to get the same treatment a tour pro gets. Wedges are critical to scoring, and having someone with the expertise of Roger Cleveland custom fitting wedges to MY game would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Count me in!

Thanks again. This is simply awesome.

Kevin

First of AGAIn.....WOW FU**ING WEE! this is so cool!

Roger is a master and a legand in the game. When it comes to great club design and building he has been at the front of many of those innovations. He has the now RARE skill of hand craftmanship. Most have grown up designing and bulding in CAD programs while he has been around since the get go and has shown everyone how its done. He can see what a club should be from a raw block of metal. The purpose behind the lines, wieght, material, grinds and so on is more than function its art. Many putter makers have this sense of ART in a putter. FEW people can see the art of a wedge. And for us golf nerds his work stands pretty much alone. The talent it takes to apply any grind to any wedge and make it look like nothing you have ever seen before and then to take it to the course and hit shots you could never have before is AWESOME. I have played with grinding my own wedges an I SUCK. But Mr. Cleveland is bay far the man I would love to experiance how someone can take standard ol' wedge and transform it into a beast! The detail of the grind the detail of the stamp all of it intruges me so much i think i have a problem. haha.

Thanks too everyone involved with this and ALL the giveaways. Its awesome to see the stuff we chirp pn about all day on this site actually being put into th hand of the lucky few. Can I be one of those gus now? Haha

the first thing i have to say is wow this would be a sweet contest to win :man_in_love: . now, i feel like i should win these wedges because i have had a few callaway wedges and just loved how they looked and the spin i can get with them is out of this world. also, being able to work with such a craftsman such as Mr. Cleveland it would be great experience to be in the presence of a pure genius would just be awesome. Also he designed the wedges of my favorite golfer Aaron baddeley. Another reason would be is i plan to redo my whole bag and this would be an awesome starting point. Please pick me :partytime2: !!

Since my junior days, I've found nothing but a lack of grooves that would kick the 588's out of the bag; and then they are just replaced with a fresh 588! While I've enjoyed the all around design benefits that these wedges offer, the opportunity to dig deeper into the different grind and bounce configurations available at the custom level would be wonderful. Undoubtedly though, the most valuable part of this offer is what I'd learn about my game and my equipment, which would stay with me long after the grooves are worn down.

And realistically, when else would I have such a resource available to me?!?

10.5 (8.5) TM Sim2 w/ Smoke Blk 70 6.5  |||  16.5 HL Rogue ST LS w/ Smoke Blk 80 6.5

2i TM P790 w/ Smoke Blk HY 6.5  |||  4-PW Srixon ZX7 w/ S400

50.08 (SM9), 54.13 (TM MG3), 58.12 (SM9) w/ S400  |||  Byron Morgan 007

Wow,

I would be truly dumbfounded, if i would be able to have the opportunity to have customized wedges done by a pro's pro.

The quality would be amazing, and to have them customized for me, would be awesome. I have very good feel around the greens with what I use now, I couldn't imagine how much better it could be. :):)

Thanks alot for the offer.

Because they would improve the part of my game that needs the most improvement. My short game is horrible and a custom set of wedges would be the next step in improving said deficiency. It would be an great experience to get the level of service that the pros get not to mention the benefits that come with a custom fitted wedge.

The ONLY Callaway club I have in my bag is a 60* wedge similar to the wedge in the Baddley bag photos. I felt that I needed some more spin, and I had read about the MD grooves being the best out there. The 60* I have in the bag now spins better than ANYTHING I have ever hit and I love it. I would really love to fill in my set with these excellent wedges.

It would be a real treat to get wedges custom made by someone with such knowledge and expertise. Having input from someone with Mr. Cleveland's experience would certainly help get my new priority on short game improvement off to a great start.

My wedge game is definately the weakest part of my game, and these wedges could really help me take a big step in the right direction.

Thanks GolfWRX and Callaway for the great contest. Pick me!! :lol:

Tim

I would like to have these wedges becuase I change wedges more than my underwear!! I've ho'd more wedges over the last 2 years looking for the perfect wedges that fit my playing style as well as my eye, It would be a privilage to have "the master" of wedges personally build a set of wedges for me.

Thanks for the opportuity Callaway, Roger and Golfwrx!!!

DBOGEY

ps. my new 60* cost me some serious shots on sat. but I'm holding off ho'ing any until I wain this contest!!

Ping G400 Tour S
Ping G400 14.5
Ping G 19*
Ping G 22*
Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
Power spec
Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright

As a college player I would love to have the opportunity to play such wedges. I already play the callaway x forged wedges and absolutely love the way they feel and look. This would def. benefit my game and make me a better player knowing that I have custom wedges that are built for me! No one else. Roger Cleveland is a master at making a wedge, he always has been. This would just make my that much better in my mind!

Wow, great contest guys. I am a long time Roger fan, and have owned two sets of 588's, one set of Callaway Forged, one set of Callaway X-Tours, and two sets of x-forged vintage wedges. Needless to say, i am a fan of his work as nobody else seems to perfect the headshape of a wedge like he does. To have a handground set by Roger himself would be a dream come true! Thanks for the opportunity guys!

Titleist 913D3 7.5* w/ D+ 72 X Titleist 913fd 13.5* w/ D+ 82X Titleist 913hd 20* w/ D+ 102X 4-PW Titleist 712 MB X100 50, 56, 60 Wedgeworks California Chrome Select Newport 2 35"

I'd want them because I rely on my wedges, and with some changes I've made to my swing, I feel like I could really use the help of an expert, let alone ROGER CLEVELAND, to help me figure out exactly what I need to be able to play them on my full shots, as well as all my short game shots. My current wedges are great clubs, but I could really use some wedges that are designed to be able to help me do exactly what I want to do with them. I believe that replacing my wedges with some that are built just for me would be the biggest improvement I could make to my game while only changing whats in the bag. It doesn't hurt that the grooves on my 60 degree are getting REALLY worn down ;)

Thanks to GolfWRX and Mr. Cleveland for such a great offer. Pretty amazing really!

AWESOME....wedges done by Roger Cleveland himself. That is just amazing. This would be an incredible opportunity to work with a living legend. I would want these wedges because there is no doubt in my mind that they would improve my wedge play and save me strokes, something that I will need if I am going to make a run at the Mid-Am.

Being a former professional I well aware of the contributions Roger has made to the game. Winning this contest and having the ability to work with him on my own custom wedges would be a dream come true. Something that very few people will ever get a chance to experience.

What a great contest. Thanks WRX and Thank You Roger Cleveland.

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

I'll play...

I currently don't have wedges...I played a sweet set of xtours that I ground myself last year. I had two sets and both were worn. Currently I am in the market and winning a set from a guy that I idol as a grinder myself. I would like to see what the best can do and compare my work to his. I have never been actually "fit" I grind until it feels right. I feel as though a custom ground set would help me advance my game for the next season in hopes of getting down to scratch.

Thanks to WRX for the opportunity and good luck to all of those who are entering!!!

Wow, Thanks Mr. Cleveland and WRX.

I am very loyal to my 54* X-Tour and I would love the opportunity to have a set of wedges custom ground for me. Out of all the clubs in my bag, I am the pickiest about my wedges.

Thanks again.

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

Regardless of who wins these, I think just about everyone on this site would say it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for an ordinary person, who gets great enjoyment from this game and appreciates true craftsmanship, to have a work of art created by the master. Just the experience of going through the process and the interaction will be a tremendous and valued learning opportunity.

Any lost matches and bets might hurt a little less with these in the bag, but more importantly, they'd be valued as a reminder of the great times spent playing golf with close friends. Roger's insights and the explanation for his grinds will be a great asset for having wedges built in the future.

Don't know if it will compare to hanging out in Joe's garage getting fitted and having him buy me Chinese for lunch, but hey what does? Oh yeah, I went through the fitting just to get the free lunch. ;)

Thanks for making this available to us.