Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

A man's driver is the backbone of his ego, a man's wedge is the milestone in his intellect.

There is no point having an ego, if you do not have the intelligence to fill it.

We all know that the game is won and lost within 100 yards and also that 90% of golf is confidence.

Therefore the first 90 yards is confidence and the last 10 is putting.

With custom wedges, ground and finished to my own specification, with the guidance of R. Cleveland and Callaway the confidence issue goes out the window and all thats left is to learn to putt that last ten...

Thanks Golfwrx, R. Cleveland and Callaway.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many people have their picture in the dictionary but sadly when you look up FAILURE TO MEET POTENTIAL that is me. I currently play off a UK handicap of 8, but my ball striking with my irons is as good as any scratch golfer. I am a solid driver of the ball and as long as anyone needs to be to put together a score. I practice really hard but I really really struggle with consistancy and distance control from 120yds and in. It is sad to say but I am just as accurate from 160yds as I am from 100yds.

I have tried all sorts of wedges, grinds and swingweights and I am just at a loss to where it is all going wrong. I feel the opportunity of having custom made wedges would eliminate that potential to blame equipment and give me the confidence that I need in my short game to move my handicap down to the next level.

I have been a member on GolfWRX for a long time now and despite not being an avid poster I am a keen reader and have learnt many very useful things from the forum and can be accountable for getting my handicap to where it is today. I hope that this competition will be responsible for a bigger change in my golf in the upcoming year.

Count me in as I would love to get the chance to discuss my wedge game and specifically my requirements for wedges that I can use all year round in the UK (Very soft ground in winter and very firm in summer) with one of the greatest wedge designers around.

I currently leave my 60 degree wedge out of the bag during the winter as the leading edge really digs. My aim would be to have a set of wedges with grinds that can cover all the ground condition that I experience through the year in the UK and I cannot think of a better person to solve this problem than Roger Cleveland himself.

Thanks for this opportunity

Mark

Great work WRX.

Giving 2 members this kind of opportuntiy is an awesome achievement and kudos to Callaway and Mr.Cleveland for their part in this great giveaway.

Please count me in, as I have used many different wedges in my time, experimenting with different loft and bounce combinations and more recently with various grind options but to have the man himself develop a grind and set make up to work with my game would be an incredible honour, and something to tell the kids about (first one due on 4 months!).

To whoever wins, congrats and enjoy them

Awesome!

I would love to have these wedges in my bag.

More importantly, awarding me the honor and privelege of carrying these wedges around would be a public service to all golf courses in the northeast. You would have the undying gratitude of all the local course superintendents, as these would no doubt go a long way towards eliminating my chunks, skulls and other offenses that I have perpetrated against fairways and first cuts for as far as my VW will take me.

Please count me in.

I would love the opportunity to have some custom built wedges, built by one of the masters! I think having custom wedges would really help my short game and I could finally shave off those last few strokes. Having them built by Mr. Cleveland would be unreal-imagine the stories you could tell to your buddies! I can only imagine how sweet these wedges would be in my bag. Maybe I could start hitting wedge shots like the pros!

thanks again to WRX, Callaway and Cleveland.

Id like that set of wedges because I am kinda finicky about the bounce on my short clubs. My old wedge bounces were ground to my liking before the grooves wore out and I just dont have the time or skill to grind them again(got lucky once, why try my luck). Having something from a master like this would let me play all the shots I want, be it hardpan, fairway, bunkers or rough.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Being lefty its very very hard to find anything tour much less get something custom made to your specs because the clubs just aren't available. It would be great to have the opportunity to finally get something made how I want it instead of just trying to make what is available work. There are several lofts, grinds, bounces I would have loved to have tried in the past but these weren't available for lefties. Thanks so much for this chance!!!!

Please count me in.

I'd love the opportunity to win a set of wedges custom made by Roger Cleveland. I've been playing Cleveland Form Forged 900 wedges for the last 5 or so years because I think they're one of the best wedges made and I haven't been able to find anything to replace them (including Vokeys that I tried). Since I know they won't last forever, I've had my eye on some x-forged wedges, mainly because I know that Mr. Cleveland designed them and they have some similar characteristics to the 900 series. What better way to replace what I think are great wedges with some of the best that will fit me?

Definitely count me in for this one...

Had a chance to meet Roger Cleveland at Oakmont during the US Open a couple years ago. This is where the X-Forged wedges were introduced to the players. Seeing him work closely with Nicholas Fasth and tweaking the grind on a 64 degree wedge in the tour van was something else. Truly a class act with an incredible amount of knowledge/skills.

Unbelievable!! :partytime2:

Wow, to get to be treated like the pros would be awesome. Also to have a world class wedge designer like Roger grinding them for me would be great.

Thanks EASYYY

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Let me count the reasons why.

I'm 70, been playing 51 years, still play 4 times weekly.

I love wedges.

I've had a 100 or more wedges by Roger.

This is an opportunity to have the ultimate in wedges.

Would it help if I said "pretty please"?

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

Now this is just an awesome contest...

I have been playing Callaway drivers and irons for a while now, but not in the wedge category, they just seem too hard to hit for the average hacker. Having Roger truly work with you, someone that knows the intricacy of a wedge, that is just mind blowing for this average hacker., this has got to bring your wedge game to the next level...

All I can say is wow!! This is truly a once in a lifetime chance to have the Tour level customization brought to the public. Being a Callaway staff pro, these wedges would mean so much to me. Having played with Callaway wedges this season and last I already know just how fantastic they are, and to have a custom made set would be out of this world. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to meet Roger at a seminar just outside of Toronto a few months back, and he is such a smart and passionate man. The work and care he puts into his work is second to none, and to play a set of fully custom Callaway wedges would be a huge thrill, and a help to my game at the same time. I really believe Callaway wedges are the best looking, and performing wedges on the market, and having a chance to have a totally custom set would be the cherry on top!

Good luck to everyone!!

Robert

Titleist TSR3, 9*, Project X HZRDUS Black
Titleist TSR 3, 15*, Project X HZRDUS Black

Titleist T200 2-iron, Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 96, X-flex
Titleist 716 T-MB 4-iron, KBS Tour X
Titleist 680, 5-9, KBS Tour X 
Titleist Vokey SM8 48.08F, 52.08F, 56.10s, & SM9 60.08M, KBS Tour X
Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
Pro V1x

Talk about timely, I'm in the process of switching my 50, 54, and 58* wedges and Callaway's are right at the top of the list. The ability to get custom grinds is ideal as I seem to have trouble with standard retail grinds and play a wide diversity of shots with my wedges.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Big thanks to Callaway, WRX and Roger...just having this opportunity is amazing, can't even imagine how cool it would be to win!!!

I would love to win a set of custom wedges from a legend, I mean who wouldn't. Wedges definitely are a very important part of your bag and what beats a perfect shot with a wedge that drops right where you want it. Getting customized wedges is something that would just be great, getting set-up for my swing and conditions I play in.

again thanks this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only used callaway wedges since the xtour and xforged wedges came out. I have the 56,60, & 64 wedges. I have so much confidence in these clubs. It is about time for a new set since I have almost worn these down. I would love to have a custom set made so I can get the grinds tweaked as well as the length, lie, and loft. I also would like to get the weight customized since I like the feel of a heavier club. thanks for the opportunity.