2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Giveaway!!! 2 sets of Roger Cleveland Custom made wedges!!!

Since receiving my sand wedge and lob wedge as an ambitious gift from my dad, I have spent the last 4 years of high school and the first year of college with the same wedges. Yes, they are worn out from all the shots I have hit and the numerous abuse from preposterous lies that I have faced. Some people think I'm crazy for having them for so long, but that hasn't really been a choice of mine. While I have a special attachment to the clubs, I realize that the performance I am receiving is not comparable to those of my peers. I am fascinated by these special grooves that have been developed over the years, from the Y-cutter, to the Z, to the Spin Milled, and more notably, Callaway's MD groove technology. It's been a bit disheartening to see others with the ability to control their wedge shots and impart considerable spin on their shots, when I myself have to work even harder to get the same kind of performance. That is not to knock on my own wedges, however. In fact, the amount of use over the years has put my own special grind on the wedges. But, I do think it's time for change and a new light. It would be beyond my imagination to see what Roger Cleveland custom made wedges can do for my game. With Mr. Cleveland's one-of-a-kind special attention to detail and superior craftsmanship, I know that I will be able to take my skills to the next level. I have never had a wedge specifically fit for my game, nor even a driver for that matter. The opportunity provided by GolfWRX in partnership with Roger Cleveland is remarkable. Perhaps I will be able to finally understand what an L grind, P grind, or a C grind can do for someone's wedge game, and for the first time, I will be able to experience what modern grooves are capable of providing to the user. I wish everyone the best and whoever receives these wedges will be sure to enjoy them.

TM 2017 M1 440 10.5* Tensei Orange V2 | TM 2017 M2 Tour Issue 9.5* Oban Tour Limited 65X Proto
TM 2016 M2 DF Proto 15* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 15° ZCom 95
TM 2017 M2 Tour Proto 18* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 19° ZCom 95
Vega VM-02 Raw 3-PW Modus 120 | Vega RAF-CM Raw 3-PW Nippon SPB
Nike Engage TS 56° & 60° | Nike VR Forged 56° & 60°
Byron Morgan DH89 GS | Byron Morgan DH89 Solid Copper
Best Grips MicroPerf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have a set of these wedges. I currently game a worn out cleveland and a slightly less worn out titleist vokey wedge. I have been contemplating adding a gap wedge to round out my set, but have not found the right one. Offerings to lefties in most stores are slim to say the least. The opportunity to have a set of custom made wedges, by one of (if not THE) best in the business would be nothing less than stellar. A new set with a 52, 56, and 60 would be perfect. The available loft and bounce combo's for lefties in the market leaves a lot to be desired.

This is a great prize! I am fairly new to golf (4 years now) and like most mid-cappers I struggle with shots inside 60 yards. I drive the ball well, hit okay irons, but put me close to the green and I am basically lost. Getting a set of wedges custom ground to the wet conditions in the Pacific Northwest should give me more flexibility to hit some shots closer to the hole. Thanks GolfWRX!!!

Thank you GolfWRX, Mr. Cleveland, and Callaway for this opportunity to be part of history.

I figure I use my wedges about 10-15 time per round. It would be great to have a custom set of wedges to at least give me the opportunity to get up and down for par or birdie. Also, having the confidence that my wedges will perform to the utmost will go a long way in boosting my confidence in the rest of my game.

Thanks again.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

Wow.....well first off...there's really only 2 wedge men Roger and Bill to be able to work with Roger and figure out something that I have only been guessing at which is what kind of grinds I really need would be a great experience

The best part about it is that I am in need of new wedges but just can't afford it

Hats off to GolfWrx for another great chance.

Bill???

This is great!

I would love to get custom-fit wedges by the wedge guru Roger Cleveland. (I still play the 588 DSG as my pitching wedge). I am a strong believer in custom fitting and only through chances like these can I get such a special treatment. And I do need to improve my short game, I am the second and last substitute on my golf team with a handicap of 3.5 strokes worse than the first substitute. Such a set of wedges would be very special to me.

Thanks!

PS: Even if I don't win, this is such a great site to offer opportunities like this!

Great opportunity this is, thanks GolfWrx and R. Cleveland.

The reason I would love to get my hands on these wedges is because I've been searching for the correct wedges for a while now and I'd really like to settle with something. I've never really replaces the set of RTG wedges that I once had until the grooves got a little dead. I can not get used to these Spin Milled that I currently have. Getting something totally personal and unique would be a dream.

I would be honored to receive the wedges created by Callaway and refined by the legendary craftsman, Roger Cleveland. We all know that the game is determined by the ability to control your wedges. My particular needs would be a 54 degree wedge low bounce that would give me flexibility from 105 yards in. The 58 degree wedge would have to be equally flexible. I would like more bounce in order to deal with the variety of sand that exists in the midwest(usually river sand) and a heel relief so that I could play it from tight lies in those situations which demand a high and soft landing shot to a pin that is tucked behind a bunker.

thanks once again for this opportunity.

This is really the opportunity of a lifetime to have true tour level equipment fit to my swing from a true innovator in club and wedge design. I have never, and still do not, fully understand just how much the sole of the wedge and the grind interact with the turf and how much that affects the playability of a wedge given an individual’s impact characteristics. I am a true wedge enthusiast and am very interested in fully understanding these dynamics and perhaps one day being able to customize the grinds on my wedges by myself. It is one of the true art forms left in today’s high-tech game of launch monitors and space-age materials. To be able to speak to Roger Cleveland, let alone have him customize a set of wedges for me, is an experience I would relish for the rest of my life.

Whomever is the lucky member selected, I just hope they realize what a truly amazing opportunity they have been given to spend time with such a brilliant club designer!

Big fan Roger! Big fan GolfWRX!

Count me in!

Why:

Ever since I bought custom grind wedges by Joe Kwok, I've been an enormous fan of wedges!!!

Now to honestly say I talked to Roger Cleveland and talked to him about what wedges and grinds would suit me best, that's just simply too good for words...!!!

And these wedges would go unbelievably great with my current Callaway set-up!! Someone even mentioned this in my "WITB" thread.

Simply put: a dream come true (especially for those living in Belgium... LOL)

JJ

Thanks firstly to Callaway and Roger Cleveland for the wonderful opportunity and simplicity in entering this contest at GolfWRX. I currently have a 58* MD in the bag but it's only been out on the course 3 times over the last six months. With the birth of my first son a few weeks ago, getting out for a round of golf is going to be quite scarce over the next few months. If somehow I was able to win this contest, the confidence in having a set of wedges fit for my game would far outweigh any doubts over the ball due to lack of playing time.

Cheers,

Rich

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

In response to why I would want these wedges: As a mid handicapper who struggles with disability resulting from sports injuries I am severely limited in how much I can practice my full shots so I have made the short game my forte. I devote 80% of my range time to pitching and chipping. The result is that even on long par fours that I can't reach in regulation I can easily keep up on the scorecard with guys that are bombing the ball 50 yards past me off the tee.

That being said, I need to have excellent tools to get the job done inside of 100 yards. While I am very comfortable with my two Vokey wedges I realize they are a one size fits most solution that is not specifically designed for my game. My game sinks or swims based on how I play in the scoring zone and I suspect that if Roger Cleveland customized my tools to work especially for me, the results would be immense. Unfortunately, I, along with most other amateurs, have to subscribe to the one size fits most paradigm because the level of service that Mr. Cleveland offers to the top pros simply isn't available to us. However, for me, having this level of service can mean one or two strokes per round, or the difference between a double and single digit handicap.

Thanks for your consideration.

What a great offer guys. Thanks to Mr Cleveland and Callaway. Great stuff.

Why I would like these wedges:

My wedge game is currently the part that I struggle with the most in my game. I feel like a custom made set of wedges would really help seal the deal, boost confidence and get it going. These look awesome. To that end, I penned a limerick:

There was a young golfer named Ty

Whose short game had gone quite awry

Good advice was then heeded

Roger's skills would be needed

Can I give these new wedges a try?

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I would love the opportunity to game a set of wedges ground by Roger Cleveland himself! As an amateur golfer I can only dream about playing custom clubs that the top PGA pros play. My shortgame is the best asset of my game so these weapons could put me over the top at shooting my lowest scores ever. I love creating my own shots around the green by hitting flops, knock downs and low runners with my wedge. I grew up on Cleveland 485's and 588 wedges! I will not only play these wedges I will do everything in my power to promote Callaway and Roger Cleveland as well. Heck, I'll take Mr. Cleveland out to lunch or dinner if he has time! :rolleyes:

Thank you Golfwrx.com, Roger Cleveland and Callaway for the opportunity of possibly gaming the finest custom wedges ever made.

Please count me in.

And I'll say this much, they WILL be used, and used with a great appreciation and great admiration with not only Roger Cleveland, but GolfWRX as well.

To continue on with what has already been said, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many of us, myself included. The short game IS where I can improve my score the best, it gives me the greatest benefit and greatest joy. For me, chipping me gives me a rush unlike any other. Sticking it close out of a bunker gives me a rush, and winning this will certainly boost that for me.

I'm speechless. Utterly speechless, and want to thank Richard, GolfWRX, Callaway Golf and Roger Cleveland for this chance.

One additional note, if I'm lucky and blessed enough to be selected, you can count on plenty of photos and video of the entire experience. That's without question!

Thanks so much!!

handmade wedges would be absolutely sweet. im a wedge fanatic, wedge play is the best part of my game and the area i practice the most. wedges are so fun because you can be more creative around the greens than any other spot on the course because you literally never have the same shot twice. it would be so much more comforting having wedges that you know will preform the best for you in the toughest positions, which i put myself in all the time because of my go for broke style. i want the handmade glorious wedges because i'm 18 and want nothing more in my life to turn pro and be the best golfer the world has ever seen. i practice every single day that i don't work and hit alot of wedges. my wedges wear down real quick and i don't have the money to by wedges every 6 months or so because i pay for everything in my life.( i realize it's just a part learning some resonsibility) basically i've tried myself to grind my wedges and have failed miserably, so having a master craftsman like Rodger cleveland make my wedges would be great!!!

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I would love to be in on this contest. I have never been fitted for wedges before, and with the importance of wedges in the game, I think that finding a properly fit set could really make a difference. I am tall and tend to make steep swings which can get me into trouble. This would be a great opportunity. Thanks WRX.

This is awesome. Not only do I need new wedges, I would LOVE new wedges by Roger Cleveland! I have never had anything made for me or tour issue or anything like that. I don't have the opportunity to get fitted for any of my clubs and this would be amazing! Thanks for the opportunity GolfWRX and Callaway!

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link