2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

The site though does attempt to keep the Bettinardi bashing to a minimum but it is clear that he qualifies as "other putter makers" and are not to be spoken of... at the risk of banishment from the site and ostricization from the Cameron putter community. And even long-term members of the site are petrified to ask any pointed questions as it could jeopardize their investmenr... err... collection value.

Speak of another putter maker in certain tones and a TCC member can expect to be banned. Of course I did make a jab at this in a thread discussing the IBRI (Ryuji Imada) stating the Inspired by putter I would like to see next would be the Inspired by T.P. Mills. I was banned within a couple of minutes from that. I suppose I deserved something like a time out and warning but banning? I had already felt ostracized anyway.

That said, if those who covet Cameron putters want to live in this land of perception then they can have it. All I know is that when people cast aside friendships to protect putters and covers then there is something terribly wrong with that person's values and perspective.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ayfkm? Biscuit, the web master/management comment is poor drivel of an excuse. Stick with the photo hunt for the missing Minis.

I wasn't making an excuse for anybody. You may not have read the entire thread, but a lot of these guys seem to believe that Scotty personally does everything related to his business. Tpariff said "So it boils down to who you believe. Someone other than Scotty Cameron being interviewed about the history of a putter. Or Scotty Cameron himself." Implying that Scotty himself wrote that statement on the web site. I was pointing out that it most likely wasn't written by Scotty, nor is most of the content of his web site. Web/marketing teams are typically in charge of that kind of thing for most large companies.

Now if you want to force the issue, send an email to the webmaster and point out the discrepancy. They'll likely change it to "very few were made" to avoid this kind of microscopic fascination.

Scotty doesn't seem like the type of person that would allow anything to be posted on his web site that wasn't approved by him first. Heck you can't even be a fan on TCC and say anything that would contradict Scotty. It is very apparent that Scotty works very hard to maintain an image. So please don't tell me that he wouldn't know what is on his site.

+1. Besides, as "Master Putter Designer" part of his job is to ensure the quality of his product. I think we can all agree that not only his putters, but accessories, as well as Club Cameron are all products. His website is there to promote his product and I'll guarantee you he has input regarding it's content.

You can argue that Bob Bettinardi doesn't mill every putter, but it is HIS machine shop. He's in charge, therefore the buck stops with him. If one of his machinists is putting out substandard product, that reflects on Bob as it's his business, not the machinist. The same applies with Cameron. You can make excuses that it's the webmaster's fault. Or Vog and Levine were wrong when they wrote the book. Or it's the Studio worker's fault that he handstamped 350g on a 330g putter. But ultimately, it falls to the man who's name is on the putter, even if his name is Don. :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

You cant have it both ways.

Apparently you can if you have the defenders who will worship the value of their investments. They will readily forgive or not notice anything wrong that Cameron does despite evidence to the contrary because if they don't the value of the 009 they bought as an investment will take a beating, in this economy you can't afford to have your 2k putter hit the 3 digit mark.

Apparently you can if you have the defenders who will worship the value of their investments. They will readily forgive or not notice anything wrong that Cameron does despite evidence to the contrary because if they don't the value of the 009 they bought as an investment will take a beating, in this economy you can't afford to have your 2k putter hit the 3 digit mark.

Yes, but this is a sport of honor and integrity. People wouldn't knowingly lie because there's money involved. Nobody would spin a falsehood just to increase their margins. A public image would never be created in order to increase sales. No pathetic scumbag would do that in Golf.

Would they? :rolleyes:

ayfkm? Biscuit, the web master/management comment is poor drivel of an excuse. Stick with the photo hunt for the missing Minis.

I wasn't making an excuse for anybody. You may not have read the entire thread, but a lot of these guys seem to believe that Scotty personally does everything related to his business. Tpariff said "So it boils down to who you believe. Someone other than Scotty Cameron being interviewed about the history of a putter. Or Scotty Cameron himself." Implying that Scotty himself wrote that statement on the web site. I was pointing out that it most likely wasn't written by Scotty, nor is most of the content of his web site. Web/marketing teams are typically in charge of that kind of thing for most large companies.

Now if you want to force the issue, send an email to the webmaster and point out the discrepancy. They'll likely change it to "very few were made" to avoid this kind of microscopic fascination.

So now you're saying that the history of SC putters is written by someone OTHER than SC himself? That his webmaster writes the history? Give me a freaking break!

And you're right, my memory from the early to mid 90's isn't so great. But you won't see me spouting off things that appear to be fact when I have no proof they are.

Try this on for size if you think SC doesn't have a good memory. I had a Tour Bullseye putter that had no initials. I got it from a good source who said he THOUGHT it was made for Andy Bean. So I sent it in for a COA and said that I thought it might be made for Andy Bean. Well, the COA came back with something like "Tour Bullseye made for Andy Bean."

Now tell me how someone, SC or whomever, remembers THAT particular putter was made for Andy Bean, but they can't get the number of Minis right? Or they just don't remember such a limited run of rare putters and exactly how many were made?

Kevin

Yes, but this is a sport of honor and integrity. People wouldn't knowingly lie because there's money involved. Nobody would spin a falsehood just to increase their margins. A public image would never be created in order to increase sales. No pathetic scumbag would do that in Golf.

Watch out Scotty has a blow torch and he ain't afraid to use it on a putter or your Word not allowed.

I think a lot of people care about the truth, that's why we're trying to find it. If you can show photos of 5 or more finished Classic Minis then it becomes a lie to say that fewer than 5 were produced.

So it is not the number putters that becomes an issue then, it is the stamp on one of them that says 1/5? or maybe the 1/5 means it is 1/5 the size of a normal putter? Maybe it means the buyer should just pay 1/5 the price of a normal Newport?

So it is either that stamp or the website comment that is wrong/incorrect, which one is it?

I keep coming back to that stamp, the 1/5. If you're going to stamp one of them 1/5, then wouldn't you stamp the others 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5? Have we seen another Mini with such a stamp? I haven't.

And if you read the Mini description on the SC website, it reads:

"You can see the black markings on the putter where Scotty would handstamp the corresponding names and markings and have the putter gun blued to a beautiful finish."

Where are the names of these children since they were given as gifts?

Kevin

Watch out Scotty has a blow torch and he ain't afraid to use it on a putter or your Word not allowed.

I've heard that as punishment he puts a mask and white gloves on you and makes you stand at attention with a putter in your hands while torturing your ears with the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Supposedly, it's more effective than waterboarding. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the pics. NickPoz seems to be too busy right now to return to this thread. I wonder what is keeping his hands full?

So either that stamping is wrong or the reference to less than 5 is wrong.

Anyone find it strange that it was stated "fewer than 5" and not a specific number like 4 or 2? I'm pretty sure Scotty can count up to 4.

nick is probably repenting at tcc for ever opening this pandora's box...sometimes you can preserve yourself by keeping your trap shut!

Well one obvious one to compare is a000267 and a006687 as both claim to be number 13... and yet if you go to the registry and type in a006687... could not be located... Maybe because it was already found once before in a000267?

If you look at Cameron collecting as a whole... it's all a bit dodgy. We are talking afterall about modern clubs that are still produced today with the same equipment that was used to produce the original "rarities" in the first place. There is nothing that would stop someone from making another "rare" putter today... or on the weekend when no one is around. It's best to keep your head in the sand and avoid recognizing that the market is predicated on a somewhat false sense and that values are based on it as well. In my opinion the registry was created because people wanted to be sure that what they were buying was in fact real. Having something authenticated works to some degree until you authenticate more than you claim to have produced...

Seems rather odd to me that everyone who owns a BBC has sent it in for authentication, and that none are holed up in a closet or garage somehwere... If I didn't have that slip of paper to prove that this was what I say it is... it might just be a regular putter?

Boy am I glad that my parents saved all of their paperwork from the Franklin Mint...

Just in case some of you want more to chat about :clapping:

50 BBC Heads were made...yet 52 show up in the registry, could some be duplicates? MAYBE, if someone wants to go through them all by all means do. It will be hard to prove since many were engraved/stamped exactly the same! I also know of multiple BBC's that Jason Gore has and a few other tour players as well which are not registered so we cant forget those. Jason Gore has even shown his non registered ones on TCC..... SC.com says this for one registry,

I found 52 Records for NEWPORT BEACH BBC,

Oh and if you try and search SC.COM registry it limits you to 10 random results at a time, so you wont even be able to go through them all without reloading a million times and writing down all the numbers....thats strange, why wouldnt we be able to list them all at one time and see how many results come up?

COA MODEL NOTES

A000207 Newport Beach BBC

A000208 Newport Beach BBC

A000209 Newport Beach BBC

A000210 Newport Beach BBC

A000211 Newport Beach BBC

A000212 Newport Beach BBC

A000219 Newport Beach BBC

A000220 Newport Beach BBC

A000221 Newport Beach BBC

A000235 Newport Beach BBC

A000255 Newport Beach BBC

A000256 Newport Beach BBC

A000267 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper. Stamped no. 13 on the bumper.

A000268 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper stamped no. 14 on the bumper.

A000269 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper stamped on the bumper with no.15

A001048 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with Ken Krei on the bumpers and initials K.K. on the toe and sole. Scotty Dog on the heel.

A001049 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC handstamped throughout. Number 30 on the heel. Studio stamps in the cavity.

A001629 Newport Beach BBC Scotty Dogs in the cavity, CAMI Co. on the bumpers and initials M.F. on the toe.

A001686 Newport Beach BBC Custom Cami Co. BBC. Dancing dogs and Titleist stamp in the cavity. Players initials on the toe.

A001793 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with smiley face, circle T and 2005 stamps.

A001794 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with rare vertical stamping, Scotty Dog, circle T and Putter Studio stamps.

A001795 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with smiley face,Scotty Dog, circle T and Cameron Crown stamps.

A001796 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with rare vertical stamping, peace sign, circle T and Scotty Dog stamps.

A001806 Newport Beach BBC Custom BBC with Scotty Dog, circle T and 2005 stamps.

A002009 Newport Beach BBC Tour prototype with Circle T stamps and a Scotty Dog on the toe.

A002010 Newport Beach BBC Tour prototype billet block copper Newport with rare vertical stamping, cherry dots, 'ZZ TOP' and smiley face riding a Scotty Dog on the toe.

A002011 Newport Beach BBC Tour prototype with circle T stamps and a circle L stamp on the toe.

A002012 Newport Beach BBC Made for the Tour with rare vertical stamping, dots and a Scotty Dog stamps.

A002013 Newport Beach BBC Made for the Tour with circle T and Scotty Dog stamps.

A002018 Newport Beach BBC Tour only BBC with vertical stamping, Dots and smiley face stamp.

A002019 Newport Beach BBC Tour only BBC with circle T and smiley stamps.

A002020 Newport Beach BBC Made for the tour 2005 Billet Block Copper Newport Beach with rare vertical stamping, tour dots, a scotty dog and a circle L stamp.

A002038 Newport Beach BBC Tour BBC with smiley face, rare vertical stamping and dots.

A002203 Newport Beach BBC Tour prototype made in 2005. Vertical stamping and dots on the heel and in the cavity.

A002204 Newport Beach BBC Tour BBC originally made in 2005. Vertical stamping and large dots on the heel and in the cavity.

A002205 Newport Beach BBC Tour BBC originally made in 2005. Vertical stamping and large dots.

A002389 Newport Beach BBC Cameron Co. BBC Newport Beach made only for the Tour. Scotty Dog stamp.

A002409 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach at 350g with cherry dot and vertical stamping.

A002410 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach at 350g with cherry dot and vertical stamping.

A002414 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with vertical stamping and cherry dot.

A002415 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with vertical stamping and cherry dot.

A002416 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with vertical stamping and cherry dot.

A002417 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with vertical stamping and cherry dot.

A002847 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with a circle L stamp, a scotty dog, purple tour dots and rare vertical stamping.

A003984 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach at 350g with big tour dots and rare vertical stamping.

A004016 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with a scotty dog, big tour dots, a Cameron crown, 'SCM', a sight dot and rare vertical stamping.

A005565 Newport Beach BBC Billet Block Copper Newport Beach with 'E.E.' initials. Originally made for Ernie Els.

A006493 Newport Beach BBC Custom Billet Block Copper Newport Beach with rare vertical stamping, a circle L, a retro stamp, a scotty dog, a smiley face and a flangeline.

A006687 Newport Beach BBC Billet block copper Newport Beach with a flangeline and numbered 'NO. 13' of 50 heads made in 2005.

A006951 Newport Beach BBC Made for the tour Billet Block Copper Newport Beach. 1 of only 50 pieces made in 2005.

A008667 Newport Beach BBC Made for the tour Billet Block Copper Newport Beach. 1 of only 50 pieces made.

A009349 Newport Beach BBC Made for the tour Billet Block Copper Newport Beach. 1 of only 50 pieces made.

Hickory Set:

MacGregor #37 brassie 12*; Spalding #6 Bulldog 20*; Jack White #4 wood 23*; T. Stewart Cleek 19*; T. Stewart Mashie Iron 25*; T. Stewart Mashie 35*; T. Stewart Mashie Niblick 43*; T. Stewart Niblick 52*; T. Stewart Gem Putter. All in a Belding 1904 pencil bag with antique headcovers.

Modern Set:

All Titleist stuff. Driver TS3, Fairway 917F, hybrid TSi3, Irons 4-PW AP2 714, Vokey wedges 50/54/58, Cameron Laguna classic (I bought it in 1996), PING Anser MgBr (high school putter). All in a Mackenzie Walker leather bag or a Penfold Heritage green waxed canvas bag.

After I asked my ? about 1962 and Scotty, I went to wikipdia and this came up.

2006 Circa ’62 series, referring the year TP Mills started making putters, was introduced, featuring a classic design similar to that of the Studio Design series, with models named in the same numeric fashion (1,2,3 & 5).

Red X Mid (43”) and Long (48”) models were added.

Detour model was introduced featuring a very unconventional design.

Napa Valley limited edition was released, with 2006 pieces (1,800 right-hand and 206 left-hand) available.

Seems kinda pathetic to steal someones marketing and putter designs.

2006 Circa ’62 series, referring the year TP Mills started making putters, was introduced, featuring a classic design similar to that of the Studio Design series, with models named in the same numeric fashion (1,2,3 & 5).

Napa Valley limited edition was released, with 2006 pieces (1,800 right-hand and 206 left-hand) available.

Wikipedia is NOT a good source to quote information in many cases. Obviously the person who created that page feels the same way many do about the Circa 62 theme.

Scotty Cameron was established in 1962. You would probably believe that to be Scotty Cameron the company if you didn't already know better... and that's probably the way he (or Titleist) wants it.

IMGP3760.jpg

Hickory Set:

MacGregor #37 brassie 12*; Spalding #6 Bulldog 20*; Jack White #4 wood 23*; T. Stewart Cleek 19*; T. Stewart Mashie Iron 25*; T. Stewart Mashie 35*; T. Stewart Mashie Niblick 43*; T. Stewart Niblick 52*; T. Stewart Gem Putter. All in a Belding 1904 pencil bag with antique headcovers.

Modern Set:

All Titleist stuff. Driver TS3, Fairway 917F, hybrid TSi3, Irons 4-PW AP2 714, Vokey wedges 50/54/58, Cameron Laguna classic (I bought it in 1996), PING Anser MgBr (high school putter). All in a Mackenzie Walker leather bag or a Penfold Heritage green waxed canvas bag.

People sometimes post mischievous content on Wiki, you know?

Cameron was born in Nov 62, and I seem to recall his year of birth being explained as the reason for the line when launched.

Also, number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan, so wouldn't sell there, and Japan is a big market for Cameron.

Good points all, but TP Mills was already using the Since 1962 Slogan. I feel it has more to do with the relationship, or lack of respect BETWEEN THE PARTIES. Wasn't there a thread on TCC that asked for donations to send flowers for Mr. Mills funeral, and Scotty had it removed?

Cameron was born in Nov 62, and I seem to recall his year of birth being explained as the reason for the line when launched.

Also, number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan, so wouldn't sell there, and Japan is a big market for Cameron.

That must be why a lot of japenese iron sets start 5-pw -huh!?

2006 Circa '62 series, referring the year TP Mills started making putters, was introduced, featuring a classic design similar to that of the Studio Design series, with models named in the same numeric fashion (1,2,3 & 5).

Red X Mid (43") and Long (48") models were added.

That must be why a lot of japenese iron sets start 5-pw -huh!?

What do they yell when they think they are about to hit someone?

Hickory Set:

Modern Set:

Again, I don't want to get too involved but weren't a number of the heads in the Circa 62 series remakes of Mills original designs?

They were certainly "Inspired By" Mills designs. A lot of people are critical of Scotty (and other putter makers) for putting out their versions of clubs that have been done before. Truthfully, I don't see what's so upsetting about that...I kind of see it as a form of flattery or praise to the original.

Again, I don't want to get too involved but weren't a number of the heads in the Circa 62 series remakes of Mills original designs?

They were certainly "Inspired By" Mills designs. A lot of people are critical of Scotty (and other putter makers) for putting out their versions of clubs that have been done before. Truthfully, I don't see what's so upsetting about that...I kind of see it as a form of flattery or praise to the original.

There are a lot of companies who remake originals and Cameron seems to do it about as well as anyone. If you can make a version of another putter better or cheaper or whatever... go ahead. I don't blame him or anyone for making money by selling products that they produce, and I think it's a poor excuse to bash him for what is common practice... industry wide.

I will also add that I think that Cameron has come up with some good designs even though ironically they are shunned or not accepted by the Cameron collectors. Say what you will about the Futura but I personally think it's his best true design and frankly an amazing implement. To me it shows a clear understanding of the straight back straight thru putting stroke and what happens in the split seconds after a ball leaves the putter face. In my opinion he has the capability and the backing to do some great NEW things... and yet it appears that much of the resources behind him are spent trying to rewrite the history of putters.

Hickory Set:

Modern Set:

It becomes upsetting when some ignorant douchebag calls it a "Newport style" instead of Anser style or calls a TP Mills a Cameron knockoff.

Greg, in response to foregasim, you wrote:

<snip>

"If you, or TCC insiders, have records of 50 different "ipc's" ( what ever those are - maybe you mean IP addresses) that are associated with logging into your account it is pretty easy to find out where those originate and if you really have to have the information you can get the records of what person was accessing the internet from the addresses at those specific times. Your shotgun character assassination of everyone involved with operating PutterTalk is pretty typical of those loyal Cameron fanatics that try and discredit others of differing opinions when they have no facts to make an argument with."

Oh come on JR, you have heard of random IP generator programs havn't you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=r...;oq=&aqi=g2

<snip>

Could you explain how a random IP generator would forge audit logs without an attacker compromising the website in some other manner? As you know, Greg, if someone sends an incorrect source IP to a destination host, the destination host will not be able to route packets back to the actual source host.

In other words, are you now claiming that someone committed a felony by compromising TCC and subsequently they used a random IP generator to alter audit logs?

The random IP is very easy to do. It called proxy chaining and is very common for people with less than desirable intentions to do. You can do it two ways 1) Basic is to use a Proxy address through your browser which then will get whatever IP address you assign to the proxy or 2) basically you connect to a network like TOR and then your packets are routed to various places around the world with each hop you get a new IP so that your original IP cannot be found. I won't go further into the details but like I said it can be done very easily. Heck my IP address right now is not my real IP.

Greg claimed that *a random IP generator* was used to falsify TCC's logs.

While you're correct, you sure let him off the hook by explaining how to hide an IP address by tools other than a random IP generator.

It becomes upsetting when some ignorant douchebag calls it a "Newport style" instead of Anser style or calls a TP Mills a Cameron knockoff.

It really depends on when you where born or started playing golf. Ask someone who started playing golf in the Tiger era and then someone pre-Tiger (early 90's or earlier). Their answers would probably be Cameron and Ping respectively.

Believe it or not, not everyone who plays golf is a club ho.

It really depends on when you where born or started playing golf. Ask someone who started playing golf in the Tiger era and then someone pre-Tiger (early 90's or earlier). Their answers would probably be Cameron and Ping respectively.

Believe it or not, not everyone who plays golf is a club ho.

I'll disagree only because the Tiger fanatics know that he started with a Ping Anser 2. And you can't change history, unless you have a dedicated website that forces people to act and think a certain way along with the ability to edit posts and decide how many putters were actually made.

Does such a site exist? :rolleyes:

To call a TP Mills a Cameron knockoff is absolute ignorance and further proof that the truth needs to be told. Truett Mills, like Karsten Solheim were pioneers that deserve to have their histories told correctly.