THE HAMMER Pay it forward experiment

I've been reading topics about THE HAMMER here on WRX and how people would love to get their hands on one, but don't feel like dropping the cash for ZOLEX. So I've decided to purchase one, play one round with it and ship it off to the next WRXer and let him or her have a go at it for a round, and then ship it off to the next WRXer around the country. I ask that you take a picture of the course you're at and let us all know if ZOLEX really is that awesome, and how your round went. I'm going by the honor system, so I trust that everyone here will abide by the rules and ship it out to the next person after the round is played. Where the Hammer is going to end up, I don't know, but it will be fun to see how it makes it way around the country. The only question is, how do I determine who to get it next and how to keep tabs on it???

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great idea! I'd be in.

The best way to do it is get a list of people interested and then ship it in order of closeness (so it doesn't keep making trips back and forth the country).

PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Do I have to take it to a course? Can I just sit at the range all day smashing drives and yelling "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!" until there is a huge gallery watching? That would be much more enjoyable.

Although I would miss hitting it over three lakes and two mountains and landing on the green in one on a par five.

OK cool. ..this is going to be a lot of fun.... Nice try...Range Time doesn't count.....and yes... yelling POW at least twice during a round is mandatory. I should get the club this week or next, so I'll take it out for spin and then ship it out. Since I'm in Boston, NH is the next closest WRXer.... Stay tuned... Wait, should I also include the 3 wood to put in play as well?

I have read about the Hammer on this board, but never saw the infomercial until the other day...I would love to give it a shot...

Kudos to jlam for starting this, it should be fun to see where it goes...

I can't wait to see the look on my playing partner's faces when I pull out the HAMMER! POOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

PS - I am in Greensboro, NC...

Count me in for sure! Louisville, KY here. defiantly include the 3 wood, there are a couple 450 yd. par 4's at my course that I think Driver will be too much club!

I cant wait to see all of the pics from this! If this works out the way it is supposed to, this might end up being the most entertaining thread ever!

If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well. Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....

[quote name='jlam1127' post='1963762' date='Sep 21 2009, 01:13 PM']If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well. Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....[/quote]
One question,
What happenes if it breaks??
I assure you that I am an honest guy and use it as it was meant to be used and will ship it out to the next person asap, but what happenes if it breaks???
I ahve not heard very good things about the quality.

What are you talking about? You haven't heard the ZOLEX is the strongest metal out there? And the Samurai Shaft cuts through the wind? It will never break. BUT in the event that it does break, then it needs to be sent back to me and I'll get it reshafted, assuming it's the shaft that breaks.

Also, every PM that I got so far has the subject line POOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You guys are awesome.

This should be quite the entertaining thread!

Lucky for me, I already have hit the Hammer. About 9 years ago, we got hooked up with these guys at a member/guest and the one fellow pulled out his shiny new Zolex Hammer. (This was back when Zolex was new). I recognized it's revolutionary upside down technology and massive hitting zone from well over 15 feet away.

I couldn't resist teeing one up and smacking it deep into the forest on the right. Well, maybe not that deep, but it certainly went right. Convinced it was my faulty swing that sent the ball astray and not the smart shaft, I reloaded and tried again and again

After about 6 hits with the Hammer the results were in....

The Hammer Sucks!

I'll bow out of this particular science project but I cannot wait to read some of the upcoming unbiased reviews!

jackhamm.jpg

X________________________________ Sign Here

This should be quite the entertaining thread!

Lucky for me, I already have hit the Hammer. About 9 years ago, we got hooked up with these guys at a member/guest and the one fellow pulled out his shiny new Zolex Hammer. (This was back when Zolex was new). I recognized it's revolutionary upside down technology and massive hitting zone from well over 15 feet away.

I couldn't resist teeing one up and smacking it deep into the forest on the right. Well, maybe not that deep, but it certainly went right. Convinced it was my faulty swing that sent the ball astray and not the smart shaft, I reloaded and tried again and again

After about 6 hits with the Hammer the results were in....

The Hammer Sucks!

I'll bow out of this particular science project but I cannot wait to read some of the upcoming unbiased reviews!

jackhamm.jpg

You could had dq'd him, that club is non-conforming

The system could be...

Put in the names of all the people who PM you with the message title of POOOOOOWWW! of whatever. [b]be sure that the PM include name and address
[/b]
then edit your original post (make sure you copy and paste it to a word file for backup) and add the names in order (like the club ho challenge)

then just cross it off as it gets shipped (you have their pm's so you can reply and follow up)

easier said then done of course but just a suggestion.

hahah best idea ever!

It'd be awesome to send it to a group thats having a wrx outing and have one hole be deemed "the hammer hole".

The first group carries the club to said hole, then everyone in that group has to tee off with the hammer, then they leave it on the tee box for the next group behind them, and everyone in the outing plays the hammer on that hole, with the last group bringing it in. That way you'd have roughly 20 guys screaming POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW all in one day.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Forelife, that has got to be the best idea yet.... I just don't want people to get kicked off the course....for hitting the ball too far. Zlim, I'll take your idea and put it in play, that way we can all police the WRXer instead of just me. It's just the regular Hammer...I don't think ANY of us are ready for the Triple Lindy Superfragilistic Hammer yet.... none of us can harness that power.

On a side note, I only got 8 PM's with location of the State, and am hoping for at least 30 people to join.... any ideas to get more people involved, fellas?

[quote name='fishlips723' post='1963798' date='Sep 21 2009, 01:34 PM'][quote name='jlam1127' post='1963762' date='Sep 21 2009, 01:13 PM']If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well. Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....[/quote]
One question,
What happenes if it breaks??
I assure you that I am an honest guy and use it as it was meant to be used and will ship it out to the next person asap, but what happenes if it breaks???
I ahve not heard very good things about the quality.
[/quote]

Come on bro, everyone is having fun with this idea and you come with "what if it breaks" - maybe this is not the right kind of thing for you.

I am in from NJ.

I am in, and I will take to the course that he hits it over the 2 red rocks! So I have to have range time exploding balls over the rocks and into the stratosphere!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

Here is where it gets funny! The range at that course is so short they do not allow people to hit driver! papoooooooow!!!

I'm in Colorado