SRIXON TOUR YELLOW

KintamaTP

[quote name='jhperna' date='07 April 2010 - 10:42 PM' timestamp='1270698159' post='2367200']
[quote name='pops766' date='07 April 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1270691724' post='2366940']
Bought a dozen of these today and am taking three sleeves back.

First off, love the yellow. Absolutely love it. I usually game the V1x and would not hesitate to put a yellow Titty into play.

I have never played Srixons before, so let me make that disclaimer.

My main problems with the ball were twofold. First, it was too spinny off the driver, especially into the wind. Had several really balloon on me and I am not a high spin player off the driver so that was weird. Went head to head with the V1x and difference was night and day.

Also, just not enough bite around the green. This is something I could probably learn to play with if I wanted, just wasn't what I was used to.

The ball is durable, no question about that. And doesn't show scuffs at all. Definitely more durable than the V1x. A full sand wedge will usually chew up a titleist pretty good...not this ball.

I liked how it putted as well.

All in all, if you like the white one, I'm guessing you will like the yellow one, but unfortunately, just not the ball for me. I was really hoping this could knock the V1x out of the bag, but just doesn't fit me. Doesn't mean it won't fit you.
[/quote]

Did you try the z-star or the z-star x? The x is a very comparable ball to the v1x, in fact i feel that the z-star x has a better driver ball flight than the v1x. around the greens they are very similar.

[/quote]

Sorry, should have clarified. Tried the z-star x. After everything I read, I thought my experience would be the same as yours. Just wasn't.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]FURYK ACES MASTERS WITH SRIXON® Z-STAR™ TOUR YELLOW GOLF BALL [/b]

[b]HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – April 7, 2010 [/b]– Srixon® Sports, a world leader in golf club and golf ball technology, congratulates PGA staffer Jim Furyk for his hole-in-one during today’s annual Par 3 Contest at the Masters. Furyk played a Srixon® Z-STAR™ Tour Yellow golf ball and used a Srixon® Z-TX™ iron on his hole-in-one, which occurred on hole #9, a par-3, 135 yard hole.

During the Masters’ Par 3 Contest, Srixon® Z-STAR™ Tour Yellow golf balls were also played by Vijay Singh, Tim Clark, Steve Flesch and Soren Kjeldsen. Both Vijay Singh and Tim Clark will be officially teeing up Srixon® Z-STAR™ Tour Yellow golf balls during the Masters, which begins tomorrow.

“Jim’s hole-in-one at the Masters’ Par 3 Contest was a great opportunity to showcase our new Z-STAR™ Tour Yellow golf ball,” said Chris Beck, Brand Manager for Srixon®. “We knew having four players use it in the competition was a great way to increase the public’s awareness of this fantastic product, which has already been on tour for several months. Jim’s hole-out had our company’s phones ringing off the hook as golfers everywhere wanted to learn more about the Tour Yellow technology”.

For more information on Cleveland® Golf/Srixon®, Never Compromise® and Cleveland Classics™ apparel or their staff players, please visit www.clevelandgolf.com, www.srixon.com, www.nevercompromise.com and www.clevelandclassicsapparel.com.

[i]Cleveland® Golf, Srixon®, Never Compromise® and Cleveland Classics™ apparel are brands owned by SRI Sports Limited. With corporate headquarters based in Kobe, Japan, SRI Sports is the fourth largest golf company in the world, as well as one of the world’s leading patent holders in golf ball technology. For more information, please contact Keith Patterson, PR/Media Relations Manager (714.889.5808) or visit us online at www.clevelandgolf.com, www.srixon.com, www.nevercompromise.com and www.clevelandclassicsapparel.com. [/i]

I really hope this ball is doing well. Bought a dozen, but haven't played any yet. My hope is that with the success of this ball, this will mean the Trispeed or AD333 will come in yellow next year.

It's great that finally a premium ball comes in a different color, but I'd love to see a mid-priced ball in yellow as well. I can't bring myself to play the ZStar on a muni course filled with daisies on the fairway, but would have no problem playing a mid priced ball.

Hi WW, There is a great number of quality advanced color technology balls on sale in Japan
already, with their market moving towards 30% coloured quality ( not all Tourtype) balls
this year.

We have been testing our UV Staybright HiViz performance ball designs through SMT/MyOstrich/Slickstiks
over the past two years to see what needed to be done to create a niche over your way, but this Tour
promotion will help the most.

Cheers, Boz.

Well friends, I gave up on my local golf shops here in Iowa and ordered a dozen of the Z-Star X's from TGW. Should be delivered on Monday, so I can hardly wait to give them a try.

I was happy to see Vijay and Clark playing the ball at Augusta, but it's a shame neither of them made the cut.

TM M1 9.5*
Titleist 917 3W
3-PW Mizuno MP-53 w/ Nippon Modus 3 120S
50*, 54*, 58*, Vokey Wedges
TM TP Collection Ardmore 3

I wasn't planning on buying balls for a while, I picked up 2 dozen Z-starX and 2 dozen Z-stars when they were 2 for 1 earlier this year plus the 2 dozen I had from last year. But my playing partner wanted to stop by golftown on our way to the course to get gloves/balls, so we pop in and I notice they have the Tour yellow, so I picked up a dozen on the regular Z-stars. I play both balls depending on the conditions, it is still rather cold so I prefer the non-X still.

Anyway, wow the colour is awesome I wasn't expecting the cover the way it was, not sure how they do it but the ball is super flashy almost like a clear coat of urethane over the yellow.

I play the Z-star anyway so this ball preforms identically, it is easier to follow in the overcast skies and really easy to identify on the ground.

The one side note about the ball is that the cover seemed more durable than the whites, I think it is because you don't notice the scuffs to the same extent as you do with the white balls. I also loved the looks I got from the golf nerds at the 1st tee and on the putting green.

Ping 430 LST 9* set to 7.5*  ventus TR blue 6x

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎3+ Kai'li 70x

Ping g425 max 7 wood set to 19* w Ventus TR blue 8X

Srixon ZX utility 23* Ventus Black 9tx

Srixon ZX-7 5-AW, Project X 6.5 LZ

Cleveland RTX mid bounce 56 and 60 DG S400

Odyssey metal x milled 2-ball mid, 

Srixon Z-Star 💎

• 2 weeks later...

I also just switched from Bridgestone B-330S to the Z-Star TY. The ball flew straighter and I was able to work it left/right a bit better. Putter feel is fantastic. This thing is so easy to spot so when I do miss the fairway, looking for the ball takes little effort.

Nice bonus, I got a Srixon hat and towel free when buying 2 dz. Can't beat that either.

This is now my preferred ball of choice: long off the tee, spins well, nice feel, durable as hell. Not to mention it's easy as heck to see it (in the air, on the fariway, etc)

Now I have to find a way to dump the 20 dz. B330s I have in my closet (hahaha)

I noticed the yellow Z-Star X is becoming hard to find now; methinks more people are finding this ball to be great too??

I picked up a doz Z Star X's a week back and have nothing bad to say about them at all. I never gave Srixon balls a real try before but the yellow x's are great all across the board. I was playing last night by myself and I always try and keep my head down as long as possible on shots and have trouble sometimes tracking my ball flight in the sun, Last night was the first time ever I felt comfortable ripping the ball and knowing I could pick it up in the sunny sky. I will be grabbing some more when I can!!!

Taylormade R1 10.5*
Callaway X Hot 15*
Adams Speedline VST 18*
Bridgestone J40 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 50,54,60*
Odyssey Metal X #6 35"

I picked up a couple of sleeves today to test out. I am hoping they win the battle between the penta and b330 because I love the thought of being able to track the ball better in the air.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Played with one yesterday, didn't feel all too superb with the driver, e5 worked a lot better for me when I changed balls after about 7 holes. Also had no luck tracking the ball any better in the air, in fact I found it significantly harder to see in the air. Once on the ground though it was very easy to find, even in the rough it seemed to glow. I also got par on every hole I used it on and had a really nice hop hop check chip shot with it. Didn't scuff at all either. I finally lost it about 7 holes when it went into the tall grass after a poor swing and I couldn't find it after scouring the area. Now I got to try out the zstar X. I

bought a sleeve today to test out
seems like a great ball

currently testing the B330-RX S, the Cally Tour i(S) and the Srixon TY

well see how it goes!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

had my first round w the TY's....wasnt very impressed
I bought the Srixon Tour Star Yellow (non x version)
I flushed an 8i with it, it it just ballooned and came up a club short easy

off the driver, its well short of comparible balls (Pro V, PENTA, B330-RX S)

I have been testing the TY, B330-RS S, PENTA and Cally Tour i(s)
so far

B330-RX S - best all around ball
PENTA - is stupid long
Cally Tour i(s) nothing spectacular

the B'stone may be my new ball of the year

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

i finally bit the bullet and paid the piper and shelled out the $40 for these balls. i hate paying premium price for golf balls as i go through them so quickly. after a round of 9, i may be sold on the yellow goods.

loved this ball. i had not played the Z star at all and it felt great off of everything. wow!

cant wait to get more times with these.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Keep in mind he is a staffer and gets paid either way to play the ball. Who knows maybe he didnt want to play it at this particular tournament and just because a pro does something, doesnt mean we all have to do the same!

Tim Clark wins 1-2 weeks after ditching the yellow ball. Maybe he could see clearer cool.gif

Seriously, do you think he would have worried about how he looked if he had the yellow ball in play? I played yellow balls as a junior and loved them, but I admit I felt self conscious about it.

I just used some AMEX reward points and picked up a box of X-Star Yellow Tour's. I've always like to play clubs/equipment that is "non-normal" and have wanted to give these a try since I saw them, so I'll get the chance soon.

As you can see from my bag, I like Bridgestone but the B330-S gets eaten up too easy with my wedge shots so lately I've been playing the ProV1. I played some Srixon's a while ago and I think they were the Z-Star's and don't remember what I thought.

I'll give them a try. I hit the yellow Srixon range balls good, so I don't think the color will bother me.

Mizuno st190 9.5* Kuro Kage 60 stiff
TEE CBX 15* Kuro Kage 70 stiff
Titleist 910h 19* Kuro Kage 80 stiff
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 3-5  MP-18 SC 6-pm,  +.5",  KBS C-Taper R
Titleist SM7 Raw 50*, 54*, 58*, KBS 610 Wedge 110
Bettinardi SS16, SS Slim 3.0

FedEx just delivered 6dz, ZStar Ture Yellows, an ebay mistake
BIN 145.00 + 7.95 ship that is 152.95 ----- Schwing!
The guy was a power seller and had them listed too low, now they
are back to 189.00 + 7.95 ship
Sometimes you get lucky LOL :beach:

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

[quote name='bioman' date='16 March 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1268763224' post='2319964']
Whats the price at Golfsmith on these?

Quick question, but anyone know how the Star X compares to the Tour iX? Does it bite and stop on short 20 yard half chips?

[/quote]
The Tour IX has much less Driver spin. It and the ZStar X have similar spinn rates off of shorter irons.
The Tour IX has a harder cover than the Star X, and also higher compression, thus a harder ball.

I think I am going to have to use some of my store credit at my local shop for some of these...

Which one has less spin on the short iron shots?

I know the Prov-X has more spin on say a 9 iron shot that the reg pro-V

Go to attached link for $20 off your first order at ShortPar4.com
http://shortpar4.refr.cc/6DC52RQ