I average 350 off the tee.

CarloGolfer

[quote name='JOSEPHLB' timestamp='1285601871' post='2716099']
I hit the ball so far, I dont even have hybrids or fairway woods in the bag.

I play a custom set of forged blades. When I mean custom.. I'm talking about a real, true custom set of heads. I start from making a flight to Japan.. and I hand select my own round billets of 1025 carbon steel.
Upon return to my trailer park home, I run out back to the railroad track behind my house and pound each billet of steel out into form, using a hammer. This is true forging and not some of that gimmicky garbage that Miura uses.
No offset, throughout the entire set. Custom Tour-Grind, with about 8º of bounce on each head.. including 1, 2 and 3 irons.. I have to have that much bounce because I'm really aggressive on the downswing.. and take dollar sized divots.. even with my long irons.

There are no steel shafts in the industry that can hold up to my swing.. so I head down to my local Lowes and pick up some rebar in the cement section.. This $hit kicks like a mule but is stable through impact. If you want anti-left.. then this is it.
[/quote]

All that work and you didn't even get 1018....pshaw....fail.

My irons are GSS....with pooping roadrunner stamps and triple stamped (by hand) dancing loft measurements on the toe.

...with snow.

...raw finish. Yup, raw finish GSS. Choke on that!

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='c21heel' timestamp='1285591494' post='2715875']
[quote name='surefire' timestamp='1285518169' post='2714698']
[quote name='c21heel' timestamp='1285511016' post='2714568']
I've got the driveway marker alignment sticks in my bag...need I say more?
[/quote]

Actually yes!

What does having an alignment aid in your bag have to do with anything?
Being properly aligned when practising is something any level of player can and should be doing. Not quite the same as too stiff a shaft on a club you can't hit etc...
[/quote]

When did we get serious?
[/quote]

I just don't get the humour!

I get the ripping it out of the I bomb it 2 billion yards brigade and the I play off 500 but need a more workable club etc... but this one needs explaining. Please enlighten me, so I can laugh along.

[quote name='DaveLeeNC' timestamp='1285532071' post='2714951']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1285531422' post='2714941']
I should also add i have seen plenty of 3000 dollar bags that cannot break 100
[/quote]

I was once at the range of a relative high end club and saw a guy with a HUGE staff bag with his name on the bag in big letters. It was "Daniel J. Smith" or something like that.

He made Colt Knost look trim but still I thought that maybe he was Nationwide player or something.

I watched him hit a couple of balls. I doubt that he could break 100 from the senior tees.

It made me want to go get a new bag and have the following put on it

NoOne
Uve
Hurduv

dave
[/quote]

Just cause someone has a bag with their name on it doesn't mean they think they have game. My first nice bag was staff bag that I received for playing in a Member/Guest. Everyone that played in the tourney got one.

Yeah... sometimes it's difficult having to play 15 yards of back spin with my 3-iron out of 4" kentucky blue grass. Really tough for me to keep those shots out the wind too, seem to have the height of a sand wedge. But, the only reason I end up in those kinds of lies is because I have a tendency to hit it through most fairways when there isn't a 20-30 MPH headwind.

Wow, you guys are lame. I have been ballooning my LDA tour-only 3.5* Adams Speedline w/ XXXXXXX HOF shaft recently. Sure it carries over 475, but it spins back a full 30 yards when it lands. Last week I played golf with God Himself at Augusta National (hacker's course), and He snapped His driver over His knee after pulling one into the trees while trying to drive the green on the par 5 570 yard 8th. The Good Lord let me have His broken club, and I ended up just tipping the thing 8 inches and throwing an old Wilson blade putter head on it. Works like a charm and I'm finally getting the ball flight I desire, though I admit that it's a bit tough to work the ball since the shaft is still a tad whippy for my liking. I'd shorten the shaft more but at 37" it's already pretty stout, and I don't want to mess with the D15 swingweight I've got on it. But I'll take the 565 average (carry plus roll, I'm no beast) any day.

I play a custom set of forged blades. When I mean custom.. I'm talking about a real, true custom set of heads. I start from making a flight to Japan.. and I hand select my own round billets of 1025 carbon steel.
Upon return to my trailer park home, [b][size=4]I run out back to the railroad track behind my house and pound each billet of steel out into form, using a hammer. [/size][size=3][size=4]T[/size]his is true forging and not some of that gimmicky garbage that Miura uses. [/size][/b]
No offset, throughout the entire set. Custom Tour-Grind, with about 8º of bounce on each head.. including 1, 2 and 3 irons.. I have to have that much bounce because I'm really aggressive on the downswing.. and take dollar sized divots.. even with my long irons.

There are no steel shafts in the industry that can hold up to my swing.. so I head down to my local Lowes and pick up some rebar in the cement section.. This $hit kicks like a mule but is stable through impact. If you want anti-left.. then this is it.
[/quote]

hahahahahaha!

[quote name='dalehead' timestamp='1285620164' post='2716675']
None of you guys can hold a candle to Kim Jong Il, who the first time he played golf made 18 holes in one.

It must be true, the North Korean press reported it.
[/quote]

Let's not get silly -- he had only 5 holes in one that round, and he was 38 under par...his first time playing the game.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I was once at the range of a relative high end club and saw a guy with a HUGE staff bag with his name on the bag in big letters. It was "Daniel J. Smith" or something like that.

He made Colt Knost look trim but still I thought that maybe he was Nationwide player or something.

I watched him hit a couple of balls. I doubt that he could break 100 from the senior tees.

It made me want to go get a new bag and have the following put on it

NoOne

Uve

Hurduv

dave

Funny thing Dave, I knew a guy that played the Nike Tour years back that

had that (I think it was the actual wording) on his bag. He was pretty damn

good on the Mini Tours, but could never get to the PGA Tour. He struggled

on the NIke Tour too. Odd thing, a lot of people would see his bag and want

to know his real name. It actually got him attention. You had to have some

really good eye sight to caddy for him. Massively tilted D-Plane. laugh.gif

Upon return to my trailer park home, I run out back to the railroad track behind my house and pound each billet of steel out into form, using a hammer. This is true forging and not some of that gimmicky garbage that Miura uses.

[/quote]

YEP - I have the same problem.

Here is a picture of my spare driver shafts.

[b][url="http://tinyurl.com/2dkrus9"]http://tinyurl.com/2dkrus9[/url][/b]

dave

[quote name='mjiafe' timestamp='1285619720' post='2716662']
Wow, you guys are lame. I have been ballooning my LDA tour-only 3.5* Adams Speedline w/ XXXXXXX HOF shaft recently. Sure it carries over 475, but it spins back a full 30 yards when it lands. Last week I played golf with God Himself at Augusta National (hacker's course), and He snapped His driver over His knee after pulling one into the trees while trying to drive the green on the par 5 570 yard 8th. The Good Lord let me have His broken club, [b]and I ended up just tipping the thing 8 inches and throwing an old Wilson blade putter head on it. Works like a charm and I'm finally getting the ball flight I desire, though I admit that it's a bit tough to work the ball since the shaft is still a tad whippy for my liking. I'd shorten the shaft more but at 37" it's already pretty stout, and I don't want to mess with the D15 swingweight I've got on it.[/b] But I'll take the 565 average (carry plus roll, I'm no beast) any day.
[/quote]

I love these type of stories you get every once and a while like this:
"I swing 135+ and have tried everything including a 5.5* head with a protopype 80X tipped 3 inches and I still balloon the ball. What can I do?"

The only thing I can think of is go pick up a real man sport you are obviously too strong for golf.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='mjiafe' timestamp='1285619720' post='2716662']
Wow, you guys are lame. I have been ballooning my LDA tour-only 3.5* Adams Speedline w/ XXXXXXX HOF shaft recently. Sure it carries over 475, but it spins back a full 30 yards when it lands. Last week I played golf with God Himself at Augusta National (hacker's course), and He snapped His driver over His knee after pulling one into the trees while trying to drive the green on the par 5 570 yard 8th. The Good Lord let me have His broken club, and I ended up just tipping the thing 8 inches and throwing an old Wilson blade putter head on it. Works like a charm and I'm finally getting the ball flight I desire, though I admit that it's a bit tough to work the ball since the shaft is still a tad whippy for my liking. I'd shorten the shaft more but at 37" it's already pretty stout, and I don't want to mess with the D15 swingweight I've got on it. But I'll take the 565 average (carry plus roll, I'm no beast) any day.
[/quote]

You're way off balance on your transition, your clubface angle @ the top of your backswing is WAY too closed, and you're a flipper through impact.

Is this not obvious to everyone else here?

I recommend you call Scratch ASAP and get a custom set of onset DW grinds that all look like the tour striker. Make sure they're satin finish with neon green paintfill on the handstamps. Make sure your ferrules and grips match....all your problems will be over.

Yeah, I know I know..you're talking about a driver not the irons but trust me, it'll work.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

You're way off balance on your transition, your clubface angle @ the top of your backswing is WAY too closed, and you're a flipper through impact.

Is this not obvious to everyone else here?

I recommend you call Scratch ASAP and get a custom set of onset DW grinds that all look like the tour striker. Make sure they're satin finish with neon green paintfill on the handstamps. Make sure your ferrules and grips match....all your problems will be over.

Yeah, I know I know..you're talking about a driver not the irons but trust me, it'll work.

cheesy.gif

Sure, a lot of guys on here make some outrageous claims but there are also some guys here that are seriously good players and you'd be surprised as to how many tour pro's and top amateurs post here.

I'm 46 years old, 30 lbs. overweight and haven't been on a regular workout program in 4 years, yet I won longest drive in 3 out of the 4 outings I played in this year and I don't really consider myself a long hitter. Those drives were around 260 (into a strong breeze), 275 (into a light breeze) and 290 (downwind). Outings were pretty good sized with at least 70 players in two of them. So that should give you an idea of how far average players hit it.

However, to all the guys ragging on 16 year olds here that claim to have 115 SS and hit it 300, well I played with one of those kids earlier this year. He played from the tips at a course that used to be a Monday qualifying site for the Buick Open and shot even for the 9 holes we played and this kid (when he and I both hit it our best) carried it 30 yards farther than me. I was very impressed. I asked him if he'd been on a Trackman before and he said that he'd been measured recently with his 3W at 115 mph but didn't have driver numbers. So those kids are out there and they might just be posting here!

yeah no big deal, back in '82 i used to be able to throw a pig skin a quarter mile. How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

sounds kinda like some of the people on this forum...but hey who am i to judge, i can hit a ball so hard i broke my XXX zolex shaftbb.gif

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

lol, is it cynic day already at GWRX? :rolleyes::tongue:

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

My putter is tipped 3 inches and bent 4* open and I still keep missing them to the left. It's a cheaper GSS Carbon Copper Zolex model so I'm thinking that might be the problem. Anybody have a Tour Only (NO SERIAL NUMBER MODELS ONLY!!!!) CLEARVIEW putter they're looking to sell? I can offer a couple CT's + cash. May be interested in a Dr. Feelgood but it would have to be a gamer, I don't have the cash for a new one.

LOL... Thank you for this... even though I may be accused of being this guy at some points, some people are just ridiculous.cheesy.gif

I forgot to mention a few other aspects of my game. First and foremost, I offer an endless rambling of unsolicited advice. So, if you are lucky enough to be paired with me you will undoubtedly leave the course far more educated than when you arrived.

I am in tune with all the particulars of a solid game, from tee to green. Would you like to know why you pushed that drive? Yes or no, I will tell you. And though you think you've been out-driving me by 20-30 yards all day, in my mind we're hitting it about the same. Today is just an off day, by the way.

You need to keep your head down when you play your irons. And open up your wedge when you chip. These greens are fast. This is a new putter, by the way.

Did you watch the tournament the other week? God, phil mickleson sucks. he's such a choker. What's that? no, I can't remember which tournament he choked in, but I think it was one of the ones Tiger won. Tiger's so awesome. I don't even watch golf unless he's playing. Let me repeat my comprehension of the illustruous 150 plus year comprehension of organized golf: Tiger Woods is awesome, Phil Mickleson sucks. He sucks.

I just heard these in the last week........

"my driver swing speed was clocked 2 mph slower than Tigers, so thats why I went with the X stiff shaft"

"I went to a regular shaft for more control even though I hit it longer with the stiff"

"Phil will choke again and never become number 1"

" I always hit one extra club because I spin the ball way too much with my irons" (player never backed a ball up all day!)

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Anyone else play in a tank top?
[/quote]

You have to be kidding correct? A Tank Top? I'm I missing something here? Who would wear a military shirt on the golf course?

No tank tops back home.....Ribbed Wife Beaters are the shirt of choice down our way.

PS......Mess with my Truck, Smith n Wesson mess with you.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CarloGolfer' timestamp='1285507980' post='2714519']
I just wanted to share my abilities with everyone here at GolfWRX.

Basically, I average 350 off the tee.

[/quote]

So do I, I love playing the 3-wood off the tee. Most courses around here can't handle my driver. I dont' even usually carry it (not that I carry my own bag anyways).

The secret to hitting it as far as me is fish oil. I take those pills, tear 'em open with my teeth and squeeze that goodness all over my body. Lather it everywhere you want power harnessed. Worried about the sun and smelling nasty? Nonsense! Hitting it deep keeps ladies begging at your door. You'll be hitting it so far that they lose their bearings far before they ever smell your rank sheen. Studies show that just a few topical drops of this lovely serum increase your swing speed by 9-13mph. Reign in nature's torque and seal your skin in a tasty coat of fish oil--you'll be pounding it in no time.

[quote name='autisticlove' timestamp='1286843864' post='2738757']
The secret to hitting it as far as me is fish oil. I take those pills, tear 'em open with my teeth and squeeze that goodness all over my body. Lather it everywhere you want power harnessed. Worried about the sun and smelling nasty? Nonsense! Hitting it deep keeps ladies begging at your door. You'll be hitting it so far that they lose their bearings far before they ever smell your rank sheen. Studies show that just a few topical drops of this lovely serum increase your swing speed by 9-13mph. Reign in nature's torque and seal your skin in a tasty coat of fish oil--you'll be pounding it in no time.
[/quote]

C'mon son everybody knows OTR fish oil ain't got nothin' on Circle T Cameron FTUO limited edition fish oil with GSS specks in it ala Goldschlager.