I average 350 off the tee.

CarloGolfer

[size=2]WOW you guys suck I average 427 off the tee with my lob wedge :) I love hitting a putter 200 yards on to an elevated green in 30mph gale force winds before watching the ball jump into the hole in fear of being hit again.

I think the only time I've ever used my 0.002* driver was when I went to the Chocolay Downs GC in Michigan[size="4"][size=2][size="2"][size=2], [/size][/size][size="2"][size=2]that 1007 yard par 6 never stood a chance against my one off hand stitched driver made from the finest tweed before being soaked in children's tears and panda sweat (collected by Clint Eastwood) to give it a face 1000000000000000000X the strength and hardness of diamonds. This thing allows me to hit mile long bombs so I did have to choke down a little on the 9X super bomber shaft that I borrowed from Chuck Norris. It was a little hard to control on that half swing but at seeing as it carried onto the green to pin high at 1020 yards I'll take it on the chin.[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[font="Arial"][size="4"][size=2][size="2"][size=2]
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size="4"][size=2][size="2"][size=2]Oh just a heads up my handicap just dropped to 35 so in about 3 weeks I'll be on the mini tours and you'll be seeing my face on AppleJacks cereal boxes in no time when I take over from Tiger in christmas.[/size][/size][/size][/size][color="#333333"][size="2"][size=2][/size][/size][/color]
[size="4"][size=2][size="2"][size=2]
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/font]
[size="4"][size=2][size="2"][size=2]The clubs in my sig are so outdated as Mr Miura just created my new set of blades and wedges from the finest military grade steel armor plating like that on the side of an M1 Abrams but he had to weld two sheets together just to make the swing weight heavy enough for me as it's the only material out there that can handle my awesome swing speed and POWER, seriously Nasa was going to get me to hit their space shuttles into orbit until they realized the force of impact would send the shuttle into the next millennia rendering the mission useless.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have said the same thing until I started playing 90% of my rounds with wrx members. I think the nail in the coffin was playing in a skins game I witnessed a fellow wrxer shoot 68 with 7 birdies and win two skins. I had two birdies on the day and didn't stand a chance.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

My swing is so pure and repeatable that Golf Galaxy calls me in to hit balls on there Trackmans to caliberate it.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

That's not saying much cause the golf galaxy ones are always out of whack lol

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1285536636' post='2715040']
That's not saying much cause the golf galaxy ones are always out of whack lol
[/quote]

Thats just pure jealousy

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1285530966' post='2714936']
While this thread is fun and all I will play devils advocate for a bit. I have witnessed wrx members hit plenty of 320 plus drives 240 yard uphill 3 irons with tons of spin and shoot under par.[b] I have even seen a 300 yard 3 wood off the deck[/b]. While some of the posts certainly make you scratch your head there are certainly a ton of great players on this board that can do some of the things you all laugh at.
[/quote]

You forgot to add that it was uphill :):drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

sorry tai as if hitting a 300 yard 3 wood isn't enough you have to pull the uphill card on me. Nice par btw hahaha

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I'm with Matt here.. while I do undestand Carlo's point of view, along with many others on here..

I've played with a decent amount of WRX'rs and most that I have played with are much better than average golfers.

I understand how people can doubt someones SS or how far they hit the ball or how good they really are.. but there are definitely people on here who can actually do what they say.. or are better than they say.

There is definitely the other side of the coin.. and I've seen that as well. In the end.. there's been so much calling people out and just pure hate going on sometimes that I'm sure it deters a lot of people from posting on here.

I trust peoples opinions on this board not only with equipment, but with my swing as well.. this board is a wealth of information and has really made my hobby of golf much more enjoyable as well.

:drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

God you guys are awful. I'm not allowed to go to driving ranges in 45 countries because I just hit it too far. My 84 degree wedge rips up greens so I have to play at my course in my backyard because I'm not allowed anywhere else. And did I mention I'm trying to get my handicap back below 30, ever since I started having mistresses my 2* driver has only been averaging me roughly 890 off the tee. It sucks when you have to hit sand wedge off the tee into 600 yard par fives. I also average 5 double eagles a round and 3 aces.

[quote name='slmn50' timestamp='1285543496' post='2715224']
God you guys are awful. I'm not allowed to go to driving ranges in 45 countries because I just hit it too far. My 84 degree wedge rips up greens so I have to play at my course in my backyard because I'm not allowed anywhere else. And did I mention I'm trying to get my handicap back below 30, ever since I started having mistresses my 2* driver has only been averaging me roughly 890 off the tee. It sucks when you have to hit sand wedge off the tee into 600 yard par fives. I also average 5 double eagles a round and 3 aces.
[/quote]

Oh, you know who could help you, my friend Butch. I've got him 6th on my speed dial. Just tell him The BossMan recommended you, he'll know what it means.

Yea he helped me out, with these new grooves I still managed to spin the ball 25 yards of the front edge.

Nike VR_S w/ Diamana ION 'ahina 70s
Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/ UST VTS Silver 7
Adams Super 9031 18
4-PW Callaway X-Prototype w/ S300
Byron Morgan 006
Cleveland 50
Nike VR Pro 56
Tour Vokey 60

It is repulsive to me that every golfer in the world does not use blades that have no writing or emblems on them and are as thick as a scapel. Where is the state of the game going? Boo change and technology. The only technology I like is "custom paint fill" and snow sticks hanging out of my linked WITB pictures. Did you notice I have 12 scotty camerons and 4 backup sets? Just in case a flood carries away the other bags and putters.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

my best friend works at one of the major golf stores here in MI they have a outdoor range and an extremely liberal demo policy, basically you give em your drivers licensce and you can go out and beat away on any equipment you want. He gets guys all the time that come in from demoing a driver and say hey btw how far is it to the net at the back of the range ?.......he says well its 290 to the bottom, and they say oh well i was hitting em into the net on the fly! and he says oh well if your hitting it 300+ you should probably buy it as he tries to hand the club back to them, and they say no im not sure im gonna come back later and hit it again and maybe bring my own driver next time! Cracks me up everytime i hear this!

[quote name='sean_miller' timestamp='1285549809' post='2715388']
What are snow sticks?

In Canada where it's winter for 8 months, we use shovels.
[/quote]

Those "alignment sticks" some people get from home dept. The yellow and orange ones with reflective tape on them. You use them to mark like driveways or something.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1285553158' post='2715491']
What are snow sticks?

[/quote]

Those "alignment sticks" some people get from home dept. The yellow and orange ones with reflective tape on them. You use them to mark like driveways or something.
[/quote]

Is that a common problem in the US? Not finding your driveway? I've never seen these things anywhere but at a golf proshop - and at Play It Again Sports.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

I carry two clubs - The Hammer and Dr. Feelgood. 'Nuf said.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

Hey, according to the simulator at golf galaxy, I average 270 off the tee with my 5 wood. Heck, I was bombing it 305 and up with a perfect draw with an ERC Fusion driver with stock shaft with a chunk of graphite missing and a huge crack running down the face.

Of course, I bought the wood. Took it on the course and had every shot blow up, barely making it as far as my 4-iron. Learned the hard way that "made for" shafts are about a full flex weak and play nothing like the shafts they're painted up as.

Having got to a +8 handicap playing right handed i just found it all a bit to Eazzzy

Started playing left handed around December last year and presently around a 2 handicapper.

Could be lower but that hole with the snapping crocodile , just after the windmill hole and before the castle portcullis, eats me up everytime.

black%20eye.gif

[quote name='sean_miller' timestamp='1285555920' post='2715565']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1285553158' post='2715491']
What are snow sticks?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that a common problem in the US? Not finding your driveway? I've never seen these things anywhere but at a golf proshop - and at Play It Again Sports.
[/quote]

You are seeing Tour Sticks in the golf stores. Those are made for being used as a alignment aid. Snow sticks look very similar. Just look at the WITB pics.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='surefire' timestamp='1285518169' post='2714698']
[quote name='c21heel' timestamp='1285511016' post='2714568']
I've got the driveway marker alignment sticks in my bag...need I say more?
[/quote]

Actually yes!

What does having an alignment aid in your bag have to do with anything?
Being properly aligned when practising is something any level of player can and should be doing. Not quite the same as too stiff a shaft on a club you can't hit etc...
[/quote]

When did we get serious?

I hit the ball so far, I dont even have hybrids or fairway woods in the bag.

I play a custom set of forged blades. When I mean custom.. I'm talking about a real, true custom set of heads. I start from making a flight to Japan.. and I hand select my own round billets of 1025 carbon steel.
Upon return to my trailer park home, I run out back to the railroad track behind my house and pound each billet of steel out into form, using a hammer. This is true forging and not some of that gimmicky garbage that Miura uses.
No offset, throughout the entire set. Custom Tour-Grind, with about 8º of bounce on each head.. including 1, 2 and 3 irons.. I have to have that much bounce because I'm really aggressive on the downswing.. and take dollar sized divots.. even with my long irons.

There are no steel shafts in the industry that can hold up to my swing.. so I head down to my local Lowes and pick up some rebar in the cement section.. This $hit kicks like a mule but is stable through impact. If you want anti-left.. then this is it.