2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Favorite Cigar After A Round of Golf

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Padron 1964 Anniversario is my favorite cigar of all time, I could smoke those before, during, after a round...

Other good ones I'd pick after a day of golf might be the CAO Gold, Monte Cristo No. 4, and Cohiba Siglo VI.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1296672066' post='2946095']
The Padron 1964 Anniversario is my favorite cigar of all time, I could smoke those before, during, after a round...

Other good ones I'd pick after a day of golf might be the CAO Gold, Monte Cristo No. 4, and Cohiba Siglo VI.
[/quote]

+1 on Padron.

I love the 2000.

Not trying to ruin anything, but let's be realistic, a lot of people who smoke die because of it, and a lot of people who don't smoke die because of people who do. Sorry to, as you put it, "eff up your wet dream", but if you know someone who has 1 lung because of cancer and is going to die soon (like I do), then see if you'll be complaining of me effing up your wet dream. Smoke if you want and take 5 plus years off of your life.

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1297573126' post='2972345']
Not trying to ruin anything, but let's be realistic, a lot of people who smoke die because of it, and a lot of people who don't smoke die because of people who do. Sorry to, as you put it, "eff up your wet dream", but if you know someone who has 1 lung because of cancer and is going to die soon (like I do), then see if you'll be complaining of me effing up your wet dream. Smoke if you want and take 5 plus years off of your life.
[/quote]

We're all adults here, make our own choices, know the risks, and will take responsibility for the consequences (whether we like it or not). This thread is about discussing what cigars people like, not about how many people die from lung cancer, so your posts have been unhelpful and unnecessary to the discussion to say the least, especially since you don't know any of us here, and you're making broad generalizations and assumptions about all who have posted here and actually, cigar smokers in general. Sorry for what you're going through and what you've seen, and thank you for your concern, but please go troll somewhere else.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1297606218' post='2972777']
[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1297573126' post='2972345']
[/quote]

We're all adults here, make our own choices, know the risks, and will take responsibility for the consequences (whether we like it or not). This thread is about discussing what cigars people like, not about how many people die from lung cancer, so your posts have been unhelpful and unnecessary to the discussion to say the least, especially since you don't know any of us here, and you're making broad generalizations and assumptions about all who have posted here and actually, cigar smokers in general. Sorry for what you're going through and what you've seen, and thank you for your concern, but please go troll somewhere else.
[/quote]

serisously... if you have had a problem with smoking in the past and dont wanna do it then dont, but its pretty annoying when someone like you gets on here to tell us to smoke or not to smoke! Just dont reply if you have something like that to say haha

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1297564983' post='2972061']
You should change the title to favorite way to get lung cancer after a round of golf.
[/quote]

You dont inhale a cigar how is one getting lung cancer?? Now throat cancer is a diff story. If you eat a lot of junk food are we telling you youre gonna get a heart attack??

I very rarely smoke a cigar on the course because I'm more concerned with enjoying the cigar and keeping it lit and burning evenly than my golf game, so i'll usually wait until after the round to sit down and enjoy one. But if I do smoke one during the round it'll likely be a Drew Estate Isla del Sol. Cheap, nice and mild and if it goes out I won't cry over it.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I enjoy a few different cigars while golfing, but my favorite is Siglo VI.

[b]@Simp [/b]- I don't often have much of a problem keeping cigars lit or them burning evenly. Not sure your aware the wrong temp in your Dor, and or a poorly rolled cigar can have derogatory affect on a cigar staying lit and evenly burning... :) enjoy

PS proper prep of the foot before lighting, and after cutting the cap helps as well, but you probably already knew that.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

• 2 weeks later...

wow, i know this doesnt add much and im sorry, but damn those cigar names are incredibly fancy and awesome. XP
I dont smoke but I just thought I would input that, i mean normally slam back a premier nutrition protein shake after exercise but that really pales in comparison to those "anniversarios" or "rosarios" or any of that stuff haha.
Sorry again! Continue!

I'm spoiled as both my brother and father-in-law travel abroad a dozen times a year. I usually get Cohibas and Monte Cristos from my brother and Leon Jimenez from my father-in-law. The Leon Jimenez is a fantastic cigar made in the Dominican Republic and are tough to find in NYC.

If anyone lives in or near NYC and knows where I can find them, please send me a PM.

I'm also big on frequenting local places (by local I mean a guy decides to open his own shop, flies to DR, Nicaragua and Honduras, imports the tobacco, and handrolls them, himself) There are two such places so they don't exactly have a brand that's recognizable but the quality is fantastic. A great option when I run out.

How often do many of you smoke? A few times a week?

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4
Nike Covert 2.0 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Grey Peanut 24* Aldila By You 80X
MP32 6-PW PX 6.0
Cobra Trust Rusty 56* and 60* S200 Shaft
DW Davis Custom Anser Style Putter

[quote name='golf_junkie27' timestamp='1300478943' post='3067315']
I'm spoiled as both my brother and father-in-law travel abroad a dozen times a year. I usually get Cohibas and Monte Cristos from my brother and Leon Jimenez from my father-in-law. The Leon Jimenez is a fantastic cigar made in the Dominican Republic and are tough to find in NYC.

If anyone lives in or near NYC and knows where I can find them, please send me a PM.

I'm also big on frequenting local places (by local I mean a guy decides to open his own shop, flies to DR, Nicaragua and Honduras, imports the tobacco, and handrolls them, himself) There are two such places so they don't exactly have a brand that's recognizable but the quality is fantastic. A great option when I run out.

How often do many of you smoke? A few times a week?
[/quote]

Interesting - how do your relatives get Cubans through customs? Even guys from Cigar Aficionado that legitimately travel to Cuba for cigars, and forget some Cubans in their travel bags, have them confiscation. NO one brings them through customs.

Leon Jimenez are readily available online. This week I had four cigars, more then usual because of guests, and add 3 or 4 over this weekend between golf and dinning out.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX