2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade MB Irons

This makes me even more ready to get my MC's. TM really did a wonderful job designing these irons.

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my local pro shop over the week end and they said they sent back a set of the MB's as they thought they wouldn't see that kind of iron to the kind of guys they get in there. Probably for the best as I probably would have had them!. They are still getting the demos in so looking forward to trying the MB's against my MP68's.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Yeah............they're really nice looking BUT............I'm lefty!!!!!!:russian_roulette: So if it's Taylormade it's gotta be the MC irons. That sucks, can't get a blended set so probably to play blades I'm going to have to look at Cally's musclebacks XRazr formerly the Prototypes. At least Callaway offers everything in a left handed version.

doc

I just ordered a set of TaylorMade irons for the first time after a long string of fantastic Titleist irons in my bag (962B's, 690.MB's, 710mb's)...reshafted my Titleist 710mb's with DG SL S300 (originally had the Project X 6.0) and found the S300 to be a bit whippy - - so instead of reshafting (again), my TM friend finally talked me into a set of 2011 irons: 3-5 MC, 6-PW MB, DG SL X100 shafts.

I am excited for them to arrive - expected to ship April 8th - glad to hear all the positive reviews!!

In the Bag

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Sweet WITB bag pic coach!!

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1301620493' post='3107614']
[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1301104883' post='3088958']
In the Bag
[/quote]
Nice looking bag!!!
[/quote]
Thanks!!! I added a putter today.
[attachment=757151:Picture 5044.jpg]

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='phat2na' timestamp='1301752281' post='3112017']
They have a great feel. I have been a loyal Mizuno customer when it comes to irons, hitting these the other day could make me change. Little shocked that they did not ship std with KBS. Enjoy your new MBs.
[/quote]
You can now get the KBS Tour ships standard without any upgrade charges. KBS and TM have a partnership now so that is great news. I'm going to get my set with KBS Tour 90 shafts.

They have a great feel. I have been a loyal Mizuno customer when it comes to irons, hitting these the other day could make me change. Little shocked that they did not ship std with KBS. Enjoy your new MBs.
[/quote]
Thanks I really like them a lot. Are KBS Heavy? I ask because I prefer light weight steel. I used to use Rifle Lites now I like the TT Super lites.

I got to hit the MBs this weekend and they felt like crap. I was hitting them well but not once did I feel like it was a great forged iron. The ball flew well and was accurate but the feel was lacking. They were shafted with S300s but I normally play x100. Not sure why they felt so bad but I am not a fan. I guess I can't expect the soft Mizzy and Scratch feel from TM.

[quote name='NWS Alpine' timestamp='1302531836' post='3141860']
I got to hit the MBs this weekend and they felt like crap. I was hitting them well but not once did I feel like it was a great forged iron. The ball flew well and was accurate but the feel was lacking. They were shafted with S300s but I normally play x100. Not sure why they felt so bad but I am not a fan. I guess I can't expect the soft Mizzy and Scratch feel from TM.
[/quote]

Agreed on the feel. I came from MP 67's and immediately noticed a difference. I'm surprised you didn't like them though. I absolutely love them. The feel is very solid and the sound is pleasing. I think it has a lot to do with all the weight behind the sweet spot. That's ashame, but hey, can't please them all. I picked up a couple yards as well with the MBs compared to my 67s with the same lofts.

I'm not surprised that some might not like the feel. It took me a bucket of balls to get accustomed to the firmer feel, but it's not clicky by any means..

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1302143793' post='3128217']
[/quote]
Thanks I really like them a lot. Are KBS Heavy? I ask because I prefer light weight steel. I used to use Rifle Lites now I like the TT Super lites.
[/quote]

It depends which KBS shaft you're looking at. The KBS Tour weigh in from 110g to 130 depending on flex. The KBS Tour 90 is their lighter wieght offering. They come in around 95 to 105g depending on flex....

I haven't hit them, but a lot of guys have made the switch to the KBS from the Dynamic Gold or Project X. Keep us posted.

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1302532867' post='3141925']
[/quote]

Agreed on the feel. I came from MP 67's and immediately noticed a difference. I'm surprised you didn't like them though. I absolutely love them. The feel is very solid and the sound is pleasing. I think it has a lot to do with all the weight behind the sweet spot. That's ashame, but hey, can't please them all. I picked up a couple yards as well with the MBs compared to my 67s with the same lofts.

I'm not surprised that some might not like the feel. It took me a bucket of balls to get accustomed to the firmer feel, but it's not clicky by any means..
[/quote]

They definitely performed well which is all that really matters. They were about a half club longer (could have been the shafts) and were very accurate. Although I get the same from almost any players CB or MB club it comes down to the perceived feel for me. I'm sure they might feel much better with a nice Srixon ball instead of the crap range balls.

[quote name='NWS Alpine' timestamp='1302533359' post='3141961']
[quote name='GetmeouttaJersey' timestamp='1302532867' post='3141925']
[/quote]

[/quote]

They definitely performed well which is all that really matters. They were about a half club longer (could have been the shafts) and were very accurate. Although I get the same from almost any players CB or MB club it comes down to the perceived feel for me. I'm sure they might feel much better with a nice Srixon ball instead of the crap range balls.
[/quote]

Yeah I've gotten similar results. I will say they do feel much better with a "real" golf ball haha.

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Just got my set in the mail today... had a custom fitting... loved them... ordered... played 3 rounds with my MP-60s and was pounding them (2nd thoughts on pulling the trigger).... got them today and went to the range.... definitely made the right choice. Cant wait to play a few rounds with them!!!

they look great, look great at address, and feel so buttery...

Had my first taste of the MB's today, only got to hit a demo 6 iron but pretty impressed. I am not going to get rid of my MP68's but anyone looking at a set of blades should give these a bash

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Had a range demo of the new MB, 3, 4, 6, 8, P with S-300 hit. Very nice, they are soft-stepped as per other TP irons. They will not knock the ZTP's out of the bag.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70 Limited White X
Titleist TS2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 
Titleist TS2 21* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 

Titleist 718 CB 4-P DGS300
Titleist Vokey raw SM6, 50-8F, 56-12F, SM7 60-08M S300
Cameron Select Newport 2 with SS Flatso 1.0
Pro V1X

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1302986312' post='3159941']
In the Bag
[/quote]
Is that a spa putter? I got one myself and love it!
[/quote]
Yes that is a Spa. Very solid putter for sure...

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1303349642' post='3172377']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1302986312' post='3159941']
In the Bag
[/quote]
Is that a spa putter? I got one myself and love it!
[/quote]
Yes that is a Spa. Very solid putter for sure...
[/quote]
I talked to Brian Bazzle when I went to the Kingdom and he said that TM may release a ghost Spa putter...

• 3 weeks later...

Never been a TM guy buy I Hit the MBs today at a demo day. Sweet club indeed. I have always been a SGI or GI guy (mostly Cally and Ping) but these really are easy to hit and soooooo easy to work. I ended up ordering the MCs only because they are a bit more forgiving than the MB (although just as long). I didn't realize what I have been missing by not playing a forged club. There is nothing quite like a pure forged iron shot. If you are in the market for new irons you owe it to yourself to check these out.

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

I have a set of MC's and was thinking of setting up a combo set, going 8-PW in the MBs....I'm sticking to the MCs because there is a noticable difference in forgiveness and I'm not at that point yet hahaha.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* (D & -1*) w/ GD Tour AD-DI 6 Stiff
Callaway RFX 16.5* w/ Fubuki Tour 63g Stiff
Callaway RFX 21* w/ Fubuki Tour 73g Stiff
TaylorMade MC TP 4-PW w/ Aerotech i125cw Reg
Callaway PM 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9 Stroke Lab - 33"
The one's I hit into the woods and into the water.