TaylorMade MB Irons

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Zach, those are one sweet set of irons...AND!..I'm starting to dig the weigh set in the back of the irons...bb.gif Anything that will assist in dialing in the swing weight to a more perfect standard is alright by me...bye.gif

p.s. Excuse me if you will, I've got to see what "The" FedEx guy wants at the door...tongue.gif

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Pro Zach, those are one sweet set of irons...AND!..I'm starting to dig the weigh set in the back of the irons...bb.gif Anything that will assist in dialing in the swing weight to a more perfect standard is alright by me...bye.gif

p.s. Excuse me if you will, I've got to see what "The" FedEx guy wants at the door...tongue.gif

I love it when the fed ex guy comes and visits me too!!!!

I love it when the fed ex guy comes and visits me too!!!!

Me and my FedEx guy are on a first name basis...laugh.gif What / With / Wine'n Golf Clubs...tongue.gif

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Can someone check their 2011 MB 9 iron and PW and report if the shafts are the same or different as to the step offsets. TM had been building with the 37 inch raw length shaft in the PW and the 37.5 inch in the 9 iron (considered soft stepped). Most OEM's will use the 37 in both and then move to the longer shafts. Thanks!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70 Limited White X
Titleist TS2 15* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 
Titleist TS2 21* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 Limited White X 

Titleist 718 CB 4-P DGS300
Titleist Vokey raw SM6, 50-8F, 56-12F, SM7 60-08M S300
Cameron Select Newport 2 with SS Flatso 1.0
Pro V1X

the mb's look nice, but if you left the weight chip off, then they kinda resemble cally's x-protos, bc they both have the raised area on the top and bottom, w/ a cavity between the top and bottom

TSi3 9

TSi3 15 3wd
GBB Epic 19 Hybrid / TSi2 21 7wd

Apex Pro 26
‘21 T100
MD5 50s/54X/58W/60T
PXG Blackjack/Odyssey 7/Futura 5S

[quote name='VTHOKIES' timestamp='1297830941' post='2981480']
KascoPro, nice looking clubs. I would love to see how they compare to my 710 MB's. How does the toe look. I love a well rounded toe vs a squared off toe to any degree.
[/quote]
The toe is much more rounded than square. They really do set up great! I wanted to write my review today, but it is still raining up here. I want to play a round with them before I write it.
Another nice addition to these irons are the ALL Black ferrules.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1297980308' post='2987759']
[quote name='VTHOKIES' timestamp='1297830941' post='2981480']
KascoPro, nice looking clubs. I would love to see how they compare to my 710 MB's. How does the toe look. I love a well rounded toe vs a squared off toe to any degree.
[/quote]
The toe is much more rounded than square. They really do set up great! I wanted to write my review today, but it is still raining up here. I want to play a round with them before I write it.
Another nice addition to these irons are the ALL Black ferrules.
[/quote]

I noticed the rounder toe on the MBs in my set (7-P)... definitely rounder than the smoke MBs.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

These are the best looking set of irons that I've seen this year! I ordered my set a few weeks back and I can't wait to get them.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

[quote name='echoi1975' timestamp='1297957817' post='2986689']
the mb's look nice, but if you left the weight chip off, then they kinda resemble cally's x-protos, bc they both have the raised area on the top and bottom, w/ a cavity between the top and bottom
[/quote]

Only in 2D. The X-Protos are much thicker at the sole and have a deep channelback. The TM's only look similar because of the lack of chrome in the middle.

I am sorry guys It rained here again today so unfortunately no review. I want to play at least 18 holes with them first.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='tourbound' timestamp='1297815874' post='2980546']
I think these are the best looking MBs out right now. Love them
[/quote]

Negative. Mizuno MP 68's are better looking. Callaway X Prototypes were better looking also! Oh and scratch irons I have seen look better

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

[quote name='Asleep' timestamp='1298079807' post='2991220']
Zach, you dog .... those MBs are soooo pretty.

Feel ain't bad, either. :yahoo:[/quote]
No Kidding! I hit a bunch of balls with them this morning, and they are like butter! I also really like the look. I just wish it would stop raining up here because I want to bring them out onto the course....
Zach

I hit Zach's MB's last week. I play Miura CB 202's so I am used to very pure feeling clubs and these things did not disappoint. They look and feel wonderful. All around awesome set of irons!

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

I hit these this weekend at a demo event and while they felt great. But compared to many of the other forgings i hit they were launching moon balls. demoed them once early in the day and again an hour later same result. Ended up buying some cb1's.

Titleist TSI2 9.0 Tensei 1k White 50 TX
Ping G430 Max 3w Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 19 Hybrid Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist TSI2 4 Hybrid Tenseit White 90x
Titleist T200 5 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist T100S 6-PW PX 6.5

Vokey SM8 49 PX 6.5 SM8 54 PX 6.5
Taylormade Hi toe 60 KBS tour V 115
Toulon Atlanta 35"

TaylorMade MB Iron Review

[b][/b]Pros: The first thing I did with these irons was check the lofts, lies, and legths. And the good news is they were all spot on perfect, which is rare. The grips were on perfectly straight also. The two best things about these irons are that they look perfect at setup and feel wonderful!

[b][/b]Cons: If I had to be perfectly honest, I may have made a mistake. I should have ordered the MC's in the 3,4,and 5 iron. Obviouisly these are blades therefore they are not super forgiving.

[b][/b]Bottom Line: The bottom line for me is that these are a beautiful set of irons. I played 300's for many years because they were a great feeling iron. I am very happy that TaylorMade has once again built a forged iron because these MB's feel like butter on a well struck shot!

[b][/b]Review:

[b][/b]Look: To me, this is a great looking set of irons. I really like the slightly rounded toe. They have a very classic topline and leading edge. Some people were concerned or have commented on the weight in the back. But to me it looks cool, and if it helps them to swing weight the irons perfectly whats the big deal? And its not like you can see the weight at address anyways.

[b][/b]Performance: Prior to this set I have been playing R9 TP's. The MB's give me a slightly lower,more penetarting ball flight which is nice. I like to play a little bit old school by shaping my ball. I like to hit fades and draws, and it is very easy to hit all the shots with these irons.

[b][/b]Feel: Once again I am happy that TaylorMade has chosen to produce a forged iron again. To me a forged iron feels a bit better and these feel like butter with a well struck shot. These feel as good as my TM 300 Miura forged irons, and I am not kidding. I am not sure which forging house produced these but they did a great job.

[b][/b]Bottom Line: I would like to once again state the obvious that these are blades. They are not game imporvement irons, but they are a great performing set that help to produce your desired shot. Meaning that they are easy to work the ball with. I really do like these irons and they will be knocking my R9 TP's out of the bag. I think I may have to order the 3, 4, and 5 MC. I would feel comfortable highly recommending these irons to any of my students that are looking for a classic forged blade. They will not be disappointed because they look, feel, and perform great!

Thanks for the review Kasco. I can't wait to get mine. Hoping to get them in the next week.

I ordered the 3,4, and 5 in the MC. Did you mean that you wish you got the MC's in those irons or the CB?

I was concerned when i ordered then that way cause I have always played blades. Right now playing Titleist 695 MB, but from the reviews it sounds like i went the right way

Thanks again

[quote name='Boom boom 11' timestamp='1298503118' post='3003700']
Thanks for the review Kasco. I can't wait to get mine. Hoping to get them in the next week.

I ordered the 3,4, and 5 in the MC. Did you mean that you wish you got the MC's in those irons or the CB?

I was concerned when i ordered then that way cause I have always played blades. Right now playing Titleist 695 MB, but from the reviews it sounds like i went the right way

Thanks again
[/quote]
Yes I meant to say MC in the 3-5. Sorry about the confusion. I think you will be very happy with your decision.

I have hit quite a few balls with these irons already and they are sweet. I might even order the MC versions and replace my Miura cb 202's with them. The forging on these clubs are wonderful and they feel like butter.

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona