TaylorMade MB Irons

Very nice looking sticks in person. I got a really good look at Andres Romero's set in round 2 of the WM Phoenix Open when I was a Standard Bearer. The weight port bothered me until I got to see them up close. I will say though they don't quite look as nice as the Miura Tournament Blades that Frank Lickliter II had. Much more manageable price tag on the Taylormades though.....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KascoPro, nice looking clubs. I would love to see how they compare to my 710 MB's. How does the toe look. I love a well rounded toe vs a squared off toe to any degree.

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1297823434' post='2981016']
[quote name='SCameron009' timestamp='1297817246' post='2980619']
Not much of a Taylormade guy but will for sure be giving the R11 a go if I can find the right shaft...what is the deal with the weight looking port in the back? Is it removable..? While these look clean, I think they would look that much better if they did not have the port in the back.
[/quote]
No doubt about it!!!
[/quote]

The back weight is somthing you want unless you like the look of lead tape, when irons are built due to variations the weights are never perfect so to bring them to spec you should have a way to add weight. Ping has done this for years and hid the weight behind the logo on most irons. These are just one more way to custom fit each iron like they do on the Tour.

I only spent a summer building custom clubs so if I am wrong feel free to correct me.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1297826012' post='2981163']
Shhhh... Don't tell Jersey! He'll be stalking you for your irons! Nice looking sticks! They look better than the stock pics we've been seeing.

EDIT: He posted already! RUN! LOL
[/quote]

LOL thats funny ^^^

I have seen these in person at the golf show and the weight in the back is cool IMO its brushed finished is cool now I have also seen a pic of John Daly's irons and the weight looks polished which I would prefer but I would take a set either way :)

As good as they look I think I will go with the CB if I order a set but my pro has offered to let me take his sticks out when they come in.

[quote name='Colorado Mobile' timestamp='1297834444' post='2981615']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1297826012' post='2981163']
Shhhh... Don't tell Jersey! He'll be stalking you for your irons! Nice looking sticks! They look better than the stock pics we've been seeing.

EDIT: He posted already! RUN! LOL
[/quote]

LOL thats funny ^^^

I have seen these in person at the golf show and the weight in the back is cool IMO its brushed finished is cool now I have also seen a pic of John Daly's irons and the weight looks polished which I would prefer but I would take a set either way :)

As good as they look I think I will go with the CB if I order a set but my pro has offered to let me take his sticks out when they come in.
[/quote]

You bastards!

TM '17 M2 9.5* - Accra Tour Z X465 M4
PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52/56/60
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Hmm...these pics actually look a lot better than the original spy pics.

Still not a huge fan of the weight port in the back ([i]yes I know you don't see it at address...let's not go there[/i]) even though it does serve a purpose, but they do look better than when I first saw them.

Don't know if I would say they are the best looking MB's out on the market today (too many other good retail MB's this year)...I'd love to hit them and compare them with some of the other MB's...

Get some silver paint for that weight port...pronto!!

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Still no custon options on shafts i see. Wont buy till i can get Project x in my irons.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='Bob57' timestamp='1297883205' post='2983570']
[quote name='BirdieBob' timestamp='1297872981' post='2982465']
[/quote]
I am going to paint mine bright red.
[/quote]

Be careful....I'm sure that will void the warranty!

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

The first thing I did this morning was check out the specs off all the clubs. I was very happy to find out that all the swing weights came out perfect. All of the lofts and lies were also spot on which is nice.
As far as the weight in the back I really don't see what all the fuss is about. IMO it looks pretty cool, and if it helps the swing weights to come out perfect who really cares....
The clubs set up great to my eye. They are truely a great looking set of golf clubs. It is cold, windy, and raining here in the Bay area so I can't honestly speak about the performance of the clubs yet.
Zach

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='HouAggie' timestamp='1297887555' post='2984026']
[quote name='sheppy335' timestamp='1297880887' post='2983291']
Still no custon options on shafts i see. Wont buy till i can get Project x in my irons.
[/quote]

No sure what you mean. I've got a set on order with Project X.
[/quote]

When you look on the TM Site they offer nothing in custom shafts for PX. I even Called TGW and they couldnt get them for me.
I dont want to buy and then have them reshafted.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='Big Ben' timestamp='1297896806' post='2984659']
Sharp sticks, how doe's the offset compare to the TP B's? Congrats...BB :ok:
[/quote]
Ben
I am sorry I never got a set of the B's so I can't answer that for you. I will say there isn't very much offset on these. Here is a spec sheet for the set.
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/mainlevel/golfshop/irons/Tour-Preferred-MB.html?IsPopUp=0#303S6

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I am going to paint mine bright red.

Be careful....I'm sure that will void the warranty!

I'm not going to play them anyway---they remind me too much of the Adams MBs. I'm going to paint them different colors tonight and sending them to my cousin tomorrow. He is a big TM fan---that should irritate him. black%20eye.gif

green, blue, yellow, red, pink, orange, purple, and teal for 3-P. It will be interesting to see what the SW is after each different color.

Ok, so I have a serious soft spot for TM blades. I played the 300 Forged for 8 years and the RAC TP MB's for 2 years. Should I make the move away from these irons that I pulled the trigger on and get a set of the 2011 MB's? There's just something about the forging, weighting, and everything that keeps me coming back to TM blades....

58f4fab3.jpg

Decisions, decisions.

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3

Ok, so I have a serious soft spot for TM blades. I played the 300 Forged for 8 years and the RAC TP MB's for 2 years. Should I make the move away from these irons that I pulled the trigger on and get a set of the 2011 MB's? There's just something about the forging, weighting, and everything that keeps me coming back to TM blades....

58f4fab3.jpg

Decisions, decisions.

Be a club ho and buy the new set!!!

58f4fab3.jpg

Decisions, decisions.

Be a club ho and buy the new set!!!

So you're saying, "be yourself and buy them, as usual." hahah thanks for the encouragement. I've got the ho thing down pat. Not proud.

PING G5 - Aldila NV75S

TM MC 3-PW - DG S300
Scotty Cameron TEI3