2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Sonartec GS tour proto fw Pics!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speeder757,

Thank you for your support and I due enjoy working and talking to everyone on GolfWRX. Merry Christmas.

Claus,

I can't post all the changes Sonartec Golf made on the GS Tour compared to The Royal Collection CV Pro. As I stated in my last post to you looks can be deceiving. :scotty: Hope you continue to enjoy Royal Collection and Sonartec Golf product. :drinks:

Happy Holidays,

Erik ;)

You know what? They do look alike, the GS Tour and CV Pro. But then again, almost every Sonartec and RC look the same. There are subtle differences. Its the same with Titleist's woods, they all look the same. Therefore you can tell that they are Titleist. Same goes for Sonartec and RC. Its different inside though.

I mean the GS Tour looks extremely similar to the NP99, SS02, SS03, SS2.5 and SS3.5. Oh yeah, the SS07. I mean its Sonartec and RC, they have a driving cavity. That is the trademark design. They are all going to have that. They are all going to look just about the same.

My SS1.5 looks like it from the pictures except for the bore thru.

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
TaylorMade M5 14* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
TaylorMade M5 19* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0
Ping i500 4-UW Recoil 110 F4
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50.0, 54 ES & 58 ES Recoil 110 F4
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

this fairway wood looks very interesting. Last year I tried a couple of the sonartec (2.5 and 3.5) after falling in love with the MD. They both felt very solid but I had trouble getting the 3.5 up in the air and the 2.5 just did not do enough to replace my R7 TP. I absolutely love how solid Sonartec's feel so this is an obvious club to try. What size is the head from heel to toe. Is it along the lines of the TM r7tp or is it a little smaller like the 906?

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

What is your point ?? If you dont want to buy a GS Tour, then dont !!! We are lucky as a group to have Sonartec on here, and all you want to do is contradict them and put down thier products.

The GS Tour looks like a great product !!!

Isn't my point obvious :drinks:

I've said to Erik that I'm a fan of Sonartec clubs, but when I discovered that Sonartec releases older Royal Collection models, which were on the Jpaan market 1-2 years ago, the magic of the Sonartec club kind of disappears for me.

We all know that most of us club ho's in here buy and sell our clubs endlessly without even being sure that the new one we're getting will perform better than the old one we just sold. We HOPE they will and expect them to do so - but we're not always sure, because a lot of us buy before testing is a possibility for the new product.

The thing that makes the most of us golf ho's buy the new stuff and get all excited about it and make post about it on this forum (among several other golf forums) is the fact that the new technology fascinates us.

The problem for me is when i discover this new magic club might not be based on totally new club head design.

For a company like Sonartec to really stand out, they have to make clubs from the start to finish and not just restamp a Royal Collection club that is 2 year old and make a minor change to the internal weighting.

The CV Pro and GS Tour looks identical in manner that neither the Np-99, the SS-2.5 nor the SS-3.5 did.

I've owned both the Np-99, SS-2.5 and SS-3.5 so I know what I'm talking about here - in regard to the club head design.

Because Sonartec is a sponsor of this site, does that mean I can't question their producst and the origin of the club head design ?

Are you by any chance a member of BSG also - you sound like you don't dare question a sponsors clubhead design !

I'm not attacking Sonartec, I'm just questioning the origin of the club head design - this is a golf forum isn't it or have I by mistake entered the NHL forum ;)

I'm sure Erik will clarify this - for me - highly interesting matter.

If Sonartec used the newer Royal Collection models instead of the older ones, I would not question the head design like I do now.

If Sonartec releases the Royal Collection BBD H2 wood in 2008 - you can look back at this thread and see that I was on to something :crazy:

I'm a high tech freak - if Japan has some high tech gear that was high tech in 2004, it's not even tech in 2006 and low tech in 2007. Then I want the 2007 edition and not the 2004 edition.

If you don't understand this, then you're not a high tech dude (and that's fine by me) - and you're not striving for the latest and greatest in golf gear.

Claus,

I can't post all the changes Sonartec Golf made on the GS Tour compared to The Royal Collection CV Pro. As I stated in my last post to you looks can be deceiving. ;) Hope you continue to enjoy Royal Collection and Sonartec Golf product. :crazy:

Happy Holidays,

Erik :drinks:

Erik, you can rest assure that I'll will continue to buy Royal Collection and Sonartec woods as they use superior clubhead design in their woods.

Just find it interesting to know which club head the GS tour is based on.

Happy holidays to you also, Erik :)

PS Are you by any chance of scandinavian descent/heritage - your name sounds a bit danish-german-norwegian :)

Claus,

I'm sorry that you think we just stamp the sole plate with the Sonartec logo. We do have a R&D team in Carlsbad, CA. We do a ton of testing on PGA, Champions and LPGA tours before the product hits the US market.

Yes I'm a silent member of BSG......I'm not the only silent golf industry member on BSG. But GOLFWRX is the best on the internet!

"I've owned both the Np-99, SS-2.5 and SS-3.5 so I know what I'm talking about here - in regard to the club head design." Claus are you an engineer in the aero space or golf industry?

Sincerely,

Erik

Claus,

I'm sorry that you think we just stamp the sole plate with the Sonartec logo. We do have a R&D team in Carlsbad, CA. We do a ton of testing on PGA, Champions and LPGA tours before the product hits the US market.

Yes I'm a silent member of BSG......I'm not the only silent golf industry member on BSG. But GOLFWRX is the best on the internet!

"I've owned both the Np-99, SS-2.5 and SS-3.5 so I know what I'm talking about here - in regard to the club head design." Claus are you an engineer in the aero space or golf industry?

Sincerely,

Erik

Sorry I'm not an engineer in the golf industry - wish I was though :drinks:

Just wanted some profound answers regarding my question about the origin of the GS tour club head.

No less no more than that.

Will the GS tour head feature a mid faced or deep faced clubhead ?

BTW Do you know if the new hybrid from Sonartec will resemble the Royal Collection Td+ hybrid ?

Will you redesign the "old" MD hybrid ?

Sorry I'm not an engineer in the golf industry - wish I was though

Just wanted some profound answers regarding my question about the origin of the GS tour club head.

No less no more than that. No, the GS Tour is different from the CV Pro, different head weight, different metal, different internal weight, different line angle. Sorry I'm not going to post the CAD design on the web.

Will the GS tour head feature a mid faced or deep faced clubhead ? www.sonartecdirect.com, take a look at the picture.

BTW Do you know if the new hybrid from Sonartec will resemble the Royal Collection Td+ hybrid ?

Will you redesign the "old" MD hybrid ? Something new, not the TD+. And not a redesign of the MD

Erik,

Can you provide some details on the Red Ice shaft, in addition to what's on the Sonartec website? Is it similar to the Purple Ice w/ some tweaks? As far as the head goes, what advantages does it hold over the my favorite Sonartec to date, the ss07?

Thanks

Rob

Ditto - I would also like to know the weight and torque of this Red Ice shaft :drinks:

Sonartec have always had good product - particularly the fairway clubs. I had an SS-03 (very early 3 wood) with a Fujikura Prototype S70, which was the store demo model (I made them sell me that one and not the Vista Pro models) and it was a cannon - from off the tee or the deck. I was amazed at how efficient it was from any fairway lie, particularly the flatter lies where you could really punch it. I regret having lost it along the way (Callaway's are great too) but this one looks even cleaner than previous models and could be well worth to check out! When will we see them for demo-ing???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...