2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers where did you play?

pitbull808

That's good to hear Pali is getting better, it was in rough shape after all the rains earlier in the year. I just can't stand one of the holes, I think it's the 6th. The one with the little valley in the middle of the fairway. But that's probably cause I never get a good lie when I drive it down in there, and I refuse to lay back and hit a long iron in. I'm stubborn and hate hitting long irons, what can I say :idhitit:

I think I'm going to try and walk onto Ewa Villages early Sunday morning though, I love that course. Probably 'cuz the fairways are hard and you can get 350 drives easy downwind ;)

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played Pali in ages. I passed by there the other day and the fairways looked ugly. I guess looks can be deceiving, based on what you guys mentioned.

Oh well, off to Kauai for golf this weekend. I have not seen either course before, so I don't how I will do, but I hear both courses are very nice. Playing Puakea on Friday and Wailua on Saturday. Anybody play there before?

I haven't played Pali in ages. I passed by there the other day and the fairways looked ugly. I guess looks can be deceiving, based on what you guys mentioned.

Oh well, off to Kauai for golf this weekend. I have not seen either course before, so I don't how I will do, but I hear both courses are very nice. Playing Puakea on Friday and Wailua on Saturday. Anybody play there before?

I love Wailua! One of the only reasons I even contemplate moving to Kauai is Wailua. Where else can you get a monthly golf card for cheap and play golf all the time on a challenging golf course. Check out the pics I took at this link. :idhitit:

WAILUA GOLF COURSE

Reid,

Thanks for the pics. I will be going to Hamura Saimin before I head to Puakea! I play Wailua on Saturday. I have now heard from many others, that Wailua is very nice. I am really looking forward to it.

Have a nice weekend all. I'll let you know how it goes. :idhitit:

hamura saimin! ahhhhh bring me back a box! nah jus playing. i think i would rather have oki diner, if they are still in business. nobody could beat their pancakes!!!!! and they only closed for like 3 or 4 hours in a day!

Reid,

Thanks for the pics. I will be going to Hamura Saimin before I head to Puakea! I play Wailua on Saturday. I have now heard from many others, that Wailua is very nice. I am really looking forward to it.

Have a nice weekend all. I'll let you know how it goes. :idhitit:

hamura saimin! ahhhhh bring me back a box! nah jus playing. i think i would rather have oki diner, if they are still in business. nobody could beat their pancakes!!!!! and they only closed for like 3 or 4 hours in a day!

Well, I just had lunch at Hamura's and I am on my way to Puakea for an afternoon round. Oki Diner is still alive and kicking. I think we will have breakfast there tomoroow. Thanks for the tip alpha!

Reid,

Have a nice weekend all. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

Well, I just had lunch at Hamura's and I am on my way to Puakea for an afternoon round. Oki Diner is still alive and kicking. I think we will have breakfast there tomoroow. Thanks for the tip alpha!

Damn...Tony...I'm soooo jealous! Go eat at BBQ Inn for dinner too....it's real close to Hamura's....and Waipouli Diner for breakfast. Save Hamura's for the night time snack and lunch! So ONO! :idhitit:

Okay...back on topic. Played out at Kapolei today with fellow Hi GWRX'ers....PM Hacker, loprohitta, and 808golfer. The course looked pretty good. Same "brown" ball marks seen on paspalum greens elsewhere. I'm really getting sick of this grass. The ball rolls crappy on it. There were a few holes where it appeared they were having drainage problems. You know it's a problem when there's been hardly any rain....especially out in Kapolei.....yet the middle of the fairway and other low spots were deep with mud. I took a drop in what I thought was a better area then the puddle I was in (middle of the fairway)....took a whack at the ball and ended up finding more mud under the plush grass. ;)

As for score....I sucked it up on the front, pretty much playing bogey/par + a double golf. :stop: I started the back with three 3's thinking I'd make a turn of things but nope, once again foiled by myself and my bad LOFT.....lack of freeking talent. :idhitit: Hopefully things will be better next week at Makaha East. ;) Maybe by then I'll have settled on a putter. I tried about 15 putters last night before going with the Del Mar today. No three putts....but darn..there should have been more 1 putts. The yips suck. :crazy:

Hopefully things will be better next week at Makaha East. ;) Maybe by then I'll have settled on a putter. I tried about 15 putters last night before going with the Del Mar today. No three putts....but darn..there should have been more 1 putts. The yips suck. :idhitit:

If not all is not well next week, then there is always the following week at Waikele.

Maybe by then I'll have settled on a putter. I tried about 15 putters last night before going with the Del Mar today. No three putts....but darn..there should have been more 1 putts. The yips suck.

The only real cure is to sell the JAT and Del Mar to me and move to another :stop:

:idhitit: Chris..you still looking for one? Sometimes I wonder why I keep any of them. I would putt the same with a can of SPAM on the end of a stick. c-r-a-p-p-y. ;)

Hopefully things will be better next week at Makaha East. :stop: Maybe by then I'll have settled on a putter. I tried about 15 putters last night before going with the Del Mar today. No three putts....but darn..there should have been more 1 putts. The yips suck. ;)

If not all is not well next week, then there is always the following week at Waikele.

And maybe you'll go back to your Del Mar 3.5 too...get rid of that Odyssey #9. :idhitit:

Hopefully things will be better next week at Makaha East. :stop: Maybe by then I'll have settled on a putter. I tried about 15 putters last night before going with the Del Mar today. No three putts....but darn..there should have been more 1 putts. The yips suck. ;)

And maybe you'll go back to your Del Mar 3.5 too...get rid of that Odyssey #9. :idhitit:

Most likely with the Del Mar, but I'm leaving the J-VS in the bag for now.

That's why pitbull was feeding the ducks!!! I thought he wanted to make new friends!!! :stop: :idhitit:

I needed some of those ducks or birdies on the front nine. :crazy: At least with the lousy musubi I found three birds on the back. ;)

And by the way...why are you guys teasing me??? Hmmm....how'd you guys do? You were with me weren't you. ;)

;) WOW, Reid has more putters than I do! Maybe more than 3 or 4 of us combined. :idhitit:

Well I can sympathize with the putting. I was putting lights out with my NP2, then I made the boo boo of switching to my Monza Corsa since I putted so great with it...on the carpet! :stop: I putted like $h@t today with the NP2. I killed my mojo! ;)

Puakea is a nice golf course. Not overly challenging, but tee shots are really important. If you find the fairway, you are in good shape. Miss the fairway by a few feet and you may not be able to see your ball until you are right over it! I thought I was playing the US Open! The greens were s-s-s-l-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w. I missed more 6 footers today than I have in the last 5 rounds! For real.

I played with some really nice guys who shot like 130 or something like that. I had no rhythm since I am the longest hitter and I had to wait, and wait, and wait for my turn to hit. We had to let 4 groups play through. It hurt! Like Reid, I thought I turned the corner on the back nine, as I was 1 under through 4 holes. Finished with a 43! :crazy:

Things could always have been worse...I could have been working. BTW, Oki Diner has moved to Rice Street.

speaking of waikele, when do they open up again? if they already didnt....

Dwight,

They just re-opened today.

really! i guess im going there next week then! do you know if they raised the prices or not?

Everytime I played there...it was free (my financial advisor always paid it)so I have no clue what the fees were like. All I know is it's gonna be $48 when we play next Friday.

:crazy: WOW, Reid has more putters than I do! Maybe more than 3 or 4 of us combined. :idhitit:

I played with some really nice guys who shot like 130 or something like that. I had no rhythm since I am the longest hitter and I had to wait, and wait, and wait for my turn to hit. We had to let 4 groups play through. It hurt! Like Reid, I thought I turned the corner on the back nine, as I was 1 under through 4 holes. Finished with a 43! ;)

Nah Tony...don't believe a word they say. I've got maybe two dozen. :stop:

I know what you're talking about losing your rhythm ...I do that every week playing with PM. ;)

:stop: WOW, Reid has more putters than I do! Maybe more than 3 or 4 of us combined. :idhitit:

I played with some really nice guys who shot like 130 or something like that. I had no rhythm since I am the longest hitter and I had to wait, and wait, and wait for my turn to hit. We had to let 4 groups play through. It hurt! Like Reid, I thought I turned the corner on the back nine, as I was 1 under through 4 holes. Finished with a 43! :crazy:

Nah Tony...don't believe a word they say. I've got maybe two dozen. ;)

Yeah, the two dozen putters he bought last month ;)