Hawaii GolfWRX'ers where did you play?

pitbull808

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PITBULL.......come on over to the VISOR SIDE of the Force!!!!!!! :smilie_titty: :) :pimp:

:smilie_titty: For those who don't know....three of the four guys today were wearing visor's while I had my usual black Nike hat. They want me to join their "visor club" but my hair sticks straight up in the morning. I'd look like a wana-head! To appease their teasing...I did pick up a black Nike visor. Don't know if I'll use it, but it's available. :smilie_titty:

This is a funny topic. I am a visor-man myself and own a bunch of them, but until recently, I had a collection of baseball (golf) caps that would rival Reid's putter collection! I think I had a bit more than 120 of them! Fortunately, I have whittled them down to about 20 or so by giving them to charity and selling them on eBay. You know the drill. Titleist in black, red, blue, tan, and green. Callaway in black, orange, and red. Nike in 3 shades of blue, 6 in black, red, green, and tan. Etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.

I have been a Couples fan since I was in High School, and he was a visor guy, so I am too! Welcome to the Visor-side Reid! :pimp:

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am surprised you guys can even hit the ball! I think I would be laughing too hard. :)

If anyone wants to play Leilehua give me a shout. I play out there 4 or 5 days a week. I marshall out there so that means FREE GOLF for me!!!!!

Damn, free golf, you are lucky. I love Leilehua, tight, short, but in great condition always. I had what I think was the best round of my life there about 4 years ago when I was playing a lot more. Right after the John Burns, I played and shot a 76 from the tips. I thought it was good for me, although I think that was the year Ryan Moore won the John Burns and he had something like 3 straight rounds of 66.

It is the John Burns that's played at leilehua right? I forget the name of that tournament.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

If anyone wants to play Leilehua give me a shout. I play out there 4 or 5 days a week. I marshall out there so that means FREE GOLF for me!!!!!

Free golf is always good. If you get free golf at Leilehua, that's even better!

Right after the John Burns, I played and shot a 76 from the tips.

Wow Rick, 76 from the tips! That's awesome! :pimp: I don't think I have broken 80 at Leilehua yet. :)

Yeah, but that 76 was 4 years ago and the best round ever! I took a couple years off and only really started playing seriously again this past year and I have yet to break 80. That's why I buy all the new equipment, cause that's going to help me right?

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Yeah, but that 76 was 4 years ago and the best round ever! I took a couple years off and only really started playing seriously again this past year and I have yet to break 80. That's why I buy all the new equipment, cause that's going to help me right?

:smilie_titty: Oh absolutely! Each item you buy should be worth at least one or two strokes! Right? :) Heck, it's the same reason I keep buying stuff too. Just a few more large purchases and I should be a scratch. :pimp:

Fortunately, I think my Ho-ing is on hiatus right now. Amazingly enough, I am pretty happy with what's in the bag. I haven't been able to say that in a while. Hmmm. But if I stop buying stuff, does that mean my handicap will go up again? :smilie_titty:

:smilie_titty: Oh absolutely! Each item you buy should be worth at least one or two strokes! Right? :) Heck, it's the same reason I keep buying stuff too. Just a few more large purchases and I should be a scratch. :pimp:

Fortunately, I think my Ho-ing is on hiatus right now. Amazingly enough, I am pretty happy with what's in the bag. I haven't been able to say that in a while. Hmmm. But if I stop buying stuff, does that mean my handicap will go up again? :smilie_titty:

Tony, your ho'ing is on hiatus? You gotta know that ho'ing is a disease that has no cure. I'm sure you'll find something to buy :smilie_titty: Reid and you are in 1st & 2nd Place respectively :smilie_titty:

Damn, free golf, you are lucky. I love Leilehua, tight, short, but in great condition always. I had what I think was the best round of my life there about 4 years ago when I was playing a lot more. Right after the John Burns, I played and shot a 76 from the tips. I thought it was good for me, although I think that was the year Ryan Moore won the John Burns and he had something like 3 straight rounds of 66.

It is the John Burns that's played at leilehua right? I forget the name of that tournament.

It's actually not that short. 6900 from the marked blue tees, but you can stretch it out another 200-300 if you go to the very back (for example the new tee on 17 is 245, while the marker is 205). Free is definetly good. I work three days a week there for 4 hours and I get all the weekday golf I can handle and all the free range balls I can get.

It's actually not that short. 6900 from the marked blue tees, but you can stretch it out another 200-300 if you go to the very back (for example the new tee on 17 is 245, while the marker is 205). Free is definetly good. I work three days a week there for 4 hours and I get all the weekday golf I can handle and all the free range balls I can get.

Damn...are they hiring??? :) :pimp:

So it was lengthened from 4 years ago? Maybe my memory is fading more than I thought, I don't remember it being that long. But that's good, it's a tight course as it was, the added length must make it an even better test of golf. I got to get out there again.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Tony, if you stop hoing, is that a sign of the apocalypse :smilie_titty:? Are you even allowed to still post if you stop hoing :smilie_titty: ?

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Tony, if you stop hoing, is that a sign of the apocalypse :smilie_titty:? Are you even allowed to still post if you stop hoing :smilie_titty: ?

I suspect Tony will be doing some serious ho'ing in the future. Not to bachi him...but as soon as I've ever said "my bag is set", I changed the whole thing. I've since stopped saying those evil four words. :smilie_titty:

Tony, your ho'ing is on hiatus? You gotta know that ho'ing is a disease that has no cure. I'm sure you'll find something to buy :smilie_titty: Reid and you are in 1st & 2nd Place respectively :)

Wow! Second only to the Great Pitbull! I am honored Russ. :pimp:

Actually Rick, I think it is a sign of the apocalypse! Repent now! :smilie_titty:

I suspect Tony will be doing some serious ho'ing in the future. Not to bachi him...but as soon as I've ever said "my bag is set", I changed the whole thing. I've since stopped saying those evil four words. :smilie_titty:

You could be right, but I am getting ready to liquidate my stash. I am pretty happy with what is in the bag. I know eventually I will get something new, but I think the madness has stopped. :smilie_titty:

Was out at Navy Marine this morning with a couple Gwrx'ers. It was car paths only and the way my drives were changing the Navy to "Army Golf"....with the left/rights...I think I lost of few pounds walking today! :) The "new" course looks pretty good but I think it's a lot easier then it was before. The holes didn't seem as tight and the greens weren't as treacherous as they were before. They seemed to take alot of the slope and elevation out of some of the greens. The grass is growing in very well. It's still a little loose in the fairways and greens but in about five months of good winter rain and some sun, the course should be right back up to speed on the greens and fairways.

Even though it was playing easier....like I said my drives were crap. At least I know I can still carve a low 4 iron under and between trees. Hit an 8 iron as hard as I could to carry 170 because I needed to clear a big azz tree to the green. Bump a 3 wood 140 under a row of trees onto the green. :) Basically my round sucked. The only really great thing was the 58* Carl made for me allowed me to get two sandy's in the two bunkers I landed in. Other then that...I really need to get to a range. This one day a week golf is killing me.

Was out at Navy Marine this morning with a couple Gwrx'ers. It was car paths only and the way my drives were changing the Navy to "Army Golf"....with the left/rights...I think I lost of few pounds walking today! :) The "new" course looks pretty good but I think it's a lot easier then it was before. The holes didn't seem as tight and the greens weren't as treacherous as they were before. They seemed to take alot of the slope and elevation out of some of the greens. The grass is growing in very well. It's still a little loose in the fairways and greens but in about five months of good winter rain and some sun, the course should be right back up to speed on the greens and fairways.

Even though it was playing easier....like I said my drives were crap. At least I know I can still carve a low 4 iron under and between trees. Hit an 8 iron as hard as I could to carry 170 because I needed to clear a big azz tree to the green. Bump a 3 wood 140 under a row of trees onto the green. :) Basically my round sucked. The only really great thing was the 58* Carl made for me allowed me to get two sandy's in the two bunkers I landed in. Other then that...I really need to get to a range. This one day a week golf is killing me.

I will probably get to play Navy-Marine on Tuesday. I am glad to see that it is looking pretty good. I have not played there in ages, so I do not know what to expect. Last practice round before heading off to AZ.

Reid, it sounds you like you took the Tiger Woods approach. Hit it, find it, hit a trick shot, find it, then hit it again! I have no doubt that I will be hitting from your divots on Tuesday. :)

Was out at Navy Marine this morning with a couple Gwrx'ers. It was car paths only and the way my drives were changing the Navy to "Army Golf"....with the left/rights...I think I lost of few pounds walking today! :cheesy: The "new" course looks pretty good but I think it's a lot easier then it was before. The holes didn't seem as tight and the greens weren't as treacherous as they were before. They seemed to take alot of the slope and elevation out of some of the greens. The grass is growing in very well. It's still a little loose in the fairways and greens but in about five months of good winter rain and some sun, the course should be right back up to speed on the greens and fairways.

I agree, as easy as the course was...we played like c-rap! :) On another note, we played from the tips and I swear it was playing way longer than the 6771 yards as marked on the score cards. We were killing some drives and still had to use a long iron (5i) on a par 4. In all, great shape considering the rainy weather and new greens.

I will probably get to play Navy-Marine on Tuesday. I am glad to see that it is looking pretty good. I have not played there in ages, so I do not know what to expect. Last practice round before heading off to AZ.

Reid, it sounds you like you took the Tiger Woods approach. Hit it, find it, hit a trick shot, find it, then hit it again! I have no doubt that I will be hitting from your divots on Tuesday. :)

Hope you bring some sunscreen and lot of liquids cause it a hella hot & humid when we played @Navy Marine. So you're off to AZ to play some golf? I'm envious...have fun and good luck. I should be "transplanted" in AZ before summer of next year.

Was out at Barbers Point this morning with a couple of the guys. I'm just lucky to get off the course today with all my clubs in 1 piece. Talk about hacking it up. I think I must have killed a hundred worms the way I was hitting my 3 wood today. My "new" driver today...well that sucker took me to places I've never been before since I was probably around 12 years old. It was a major pain in the butt waiting for the group playing alonside to pass so I could hit my second shot from their fairway. :( I had absolutely no control on it today. Probably the only "bright side" was my putter. The Byron was total $$$ today. It was nice to hit a drive into right field, a worm burner then a chip and one putt for par. :( If not for a chip in and a lot of one putts, I might have thrown my clubs one by one out of the car window all the way back to town. ;)

I really need to get my butt on the driving range. This one time a week golf is just killing me! :(

Greetings from the Valley of the Sun (i.e. desert!) I have played 3 rounds here so far and they have all been pretty nice courses. Played Club West, The Duke, & Eagle Mountain. Club West is a semi private deal that my buddy has a membership at, so we got to play for $0! The Duke was a nice 6,500 yard course (Gold Tees; only championship tees are longer) with wide and lush fairways with nicely manicured greens. The Eagle Mountain course was lush, well manicured and had first class facilities. I thought it was very scenic and pretty to look at, but it was very unfair. You would have to play it several times to figure out all the nuances of the course. The fairways were long (on purpose) which made it play longer than the 6,400-6,500 yards that it says. Fairways twist, turn and got as narrow as 6 or 7 yards. There were a ton of side hill lies, down hill lies and very thick rough. The worst part of the course was the greens. For a resort course, it truly felt like playing in the Masters or the US Open. The greens had tons of undulations and they were slick. I hit a a green and the ball stopped 15 feet from the pin. After my group finished giving me kudos, we got in the carts and headed for the green. As we were driving up, we noticed that the ball started rolling slowly backwards...eventually it rolled over 50 feet, off the green and 5 yards into the rough :( . Sadly, this was not an isolated incident, but it happened to others in my group repeatedly. Putts above the hole routinely ran well by the hole and ofen off the green. I liked the course, but I don't think I will ever play it again. I can appreciate the test of golf, but good shots should not end up with such bad outcomes :( . Especially since I don't get paid for this. Overall, it was great fun. Back to Hawaii in a few days.

Tony, glad to see your having "fun" up there in AZ. It must be disheartening to hit a good shot only to see it roll over 50 feet off the green and 5 yards into the rough.

Anyway, a group of us will "trying to play golf" @Wailea on Wendnesday. I'm sure Ried will post a review w/pics. :(

Gee...you would think I'm the only one with a camera. :( Bad enough there's more then one Bushnell in the group and everyone ask me "How far is it?"

Tony....sounds like you're having a great adventure...even if the greens are a little unfair. Maybe you out to play some scuffed up balls. The added texture might keep them on the greens! :( Have fun...and hope to see you back full time soon. I need someone to take the pressure of ho'ing off of me! ;)

Well...woke up at 3:30am this morning to get to the airport and catch a 5:30am flight to Maui with Russ and Sean. I don't know what was better..the golf or the food! :D

Got to the Wailea Golf Club Emerald Course. They were having a 40% off sale on logo stuff so instead of hitting balls and warming up like we should have been....we were trying on shirts and hats. :crazy: Finally realized that we were teeing off in fifteen minutes so we payed our fees and headed out to the course.

We started off on the back nine. I got a birdie while Russ and Sean got a par. We figured it was the start of a glorius day. Too bad it wasn't. :crazy: Russ and I were cracking up about some of the holes where we just killed our drives only to duff our wedges on our second shot. We busted each others balls with the "Nice Drive!" after each others duffs. It was my first time at the Emerald and I was really impressed. The course was in great shape. I loved the flowers they planted all over the place to give it some color. I get bored with just the green stuff. There were some great views of Lanai from a few holes and all in all a really great day.

Shooting just a so-so round of golf...taking a break from work with some great friends.....hacking it on the course and eating some really great food after the round...PRICELESS! ;)

You can check out the pics I took over HERE.

Well...woke up at 3:30am this morning to get to the airport and catch a 5:30am flight to Maui with Russ and Sean. I don't know what was better..the golf or the food! :yes:

Got to the Wailea Golf Club Emerald Course. They were having a 40% off sale on logo stuff so instead of hitting balls and warming up like we should have been....we were trying on shirts and hats. :yes: Finally realized that we were teeing off in fifteen minutes so we payed our fees and headed out to the course.

We started off on the back nine. I got a birdie while Russ and Sean got a par. We figured it was the start of a glorius day. Too bad it wasn't. :crazy: Russ and I were cracking up about some of the holes where we just killed our drives only to duff our wedges on our second shot. We busted each others balls with the "Nice Drive!" after each others duffs. It was my first time at the Emerald and I was really impressed. The course was in great shape. I loved the flowers they planted all over the place to give it some color. I get bored with just the green stuff. There were some great views of Lanai from a few holes and all in all a really great day.

Shooting just a so-so round of golf...taking a break from work with some great friends.....hacking it on the course and eating some really great food after the round...PRICELESS! ;)

Reid,

I see you are not just a club ho', but also a logo merchandise ho' too! :crazy: Although I have to admit that 40% off is probably enough to turn even the most frugal person into a ho'

As for the Wailea courses, I have to agree that they are pretty nice. I have played the Gold and Emerald several times, and I have enjoyed it everytime. My wife had a company trip there and I played with one of the other husbands who shot a neat little 72 on the Emerald course. 6 birdies, 6 bogeys, and 6 pars. I shot what would best be classified as an "other"! :D

Glad to hear you guys had a great time.

Yes....Reid is a merchandise ho too!!! :D :crazy: Leave it to Reid to find the "BURBERRY" hat and polo shirt. I was just looking for a visor hat and leave it to Reid to say.."There's a nice Burberry visor hat for 40% off!!!! Hahahaha ;) :crazy: I didn't even see it!!!! LOL Thanks Reid...the merchandise HO'!!!! :yes: :yes:

Well...woke up at 3:30am this morning to get to the airport and catch a 5:30am flight to Maui with Russ and Sean. I don't know what was better..the golf or the food! :yes:

Got to the Wailea Golf Club Emerald Course. They were having a 40% off sale on logo stuff so instead of hitting balls and warming up like we should have been....we were trying on shirts and hats. :yes: Finally realized that we were teeing off in fifteen minutes so we payed our fees and headed out to the course.

Don't forget to mention the WHOLE QUART of Guri Guri ice cream that Russ ate all by himself!!! :crazy: :D Not to mention after he ate a whole Pound of ground beef he ate at Lu Lu's !!! I do have a great pic of Russ doing his thing too...Hahahaha

Don't forget to mention the WHOLE QUART of Guri Guri ice cream that Russ ate all by himself!!! ;) :crazy: Not to mention after he ate a whole Pound of ground beef he ate at Lu Lu's !!! I do have a great pic of Russ doing his thing too...Hahahaha

I can't believe he ate that whole quart of Guri Guri. I mean....I love the stuff too but three scoops was enough for me. A whole quart...:D

By the way guys.....here's where we ate yesterday...

Breakfast- IHOP...I expected it but couldn't find anthing saying ..."Home of American Idol's Camille Velasco"

Lunch- Lulu's! Awesome hamburgers. Be sure to Sumo-Size them and get a 1 pound burger

Snack- Guri Guri Ice Scream

Dinner-BJ's Chicago Style Pizza in Lahaina. Really great stuff..wish we had them here in Honolulu