Ready Or Not, Tiger Woods Is Back

easyyy

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312492336' post='3452306']
Maybe your right, we have seen 3 shots by Fowler so far. I guess I should be happy with that.
Oh well, let's see if Woods can save par on 18, that approach is going be tricky.

Edit:Nevermind, that would be a nupe.
[/quote]
Looks like you spoke too soon

My Bag
Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
Titleist SM6 52,54,60
odyssey big T

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312492336' post='3452306']
Maybe your right, we have seen 3 shots by Fowler so far. I guess I should be happy with that.
Oh well, let's see if Woods can save par on 18, that approach is going be tricky.

Edit:Nevermind, that would be a nupe.
[/quote]

I can't even begin to fathom the amount of joy that that would bring you if he didn't.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Strong chip and putt by Woods. I'll be the first one to admit it. That's a big change over what we have seen lately.

All things considered, he played a nice round today. I'm impressed, I thought it would be much worse.

u%20mad%20bro.jpg

Rofl!!! That's legit!

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312492938' post='3452333']
Strong chip and putt by Woods. I'll be the first one to admit it. That's a big change over what we have seen lately.

All things considered, he played a nice round today. I'm impressed, I thought it would be much worse.
[/quote]

So he played a nice round, but you thought it would be much worse. By saying "much worse", you imply he had a bad round. However, your initial comment was he played a nice round today.

Which is it......? :busted2:

He's a guy who won at Firestone 7 times, I would expect more. Was his driving accuracy over 40%? He had a lot of putts that with a little better effort could have went in. In all honesty he should have been lower, but still a nice round. How clear do I have to make it?

Am I mad? I'm mad I missed seeing everyone else play, how Woods finishes doesn't effect me or anger me.

By the way, where's Devilgolfer at? I miss that dude. I figured we would have some epic debate during this whole thing.Devil, Tembolo, and myself are like the old Monday Night Football commentary team. I would of course be Cosell.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312494933' post='3452431']
He's a guy who won at Firestone 7 times, I would expect more. Was his driving accuracy over 40%? He had a lot of putts that with a little better effort could have went in. In all honesty he should have been lower, but still a nice round. How clear do I have to make it?

Am I mad? I'm mad I missed seeing everyone else play, how Woods finishes doesn't effect me or anger me.

By the way, where's Devilgolfer at? I miss that dude. I figured we would have some epic debate during this whole thing.Devil, Tembolo, and myself are like the old Monday Night Football commentary team. I would of course be Cosell.
[/quote]

Old Monday night football commentary team.. Ha.

Want to discuss McIlroy's day? What about his 2 bogeys and all his missed opportunities? At the end of the day everyone leaves strokes on the course in some fashion. The sooner you come to realize that then the less we will have to hear from you.

Edit: Also, about 12 people in the world would rather watch Fowler over Woods. Just letting you know.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1312492938' post='3452333']

All things considered, he played a nice round today. I'm impressed,[b] I thought it would be much worse.[/b]
[/quote]

He's a guy who won at Firestone 7 times, [b]I would expect more[/b]. Was his driving accuracy over 40%? He had a lot of putts that with a little better effort could have went in. In all honesty he should have been lower, but still a nice round. [b]How clear do I have to make it? [/b]

[/quote]

A little clearer than your conflicting statements have been. Although you conceded that Tiger had a good round in both, in one statement you expected worse, in the other you expected more.

So he did better than you expected, but not good enough to live up to the expectations you've set for him? How unclear can you make it?

That was pretty amazing pulling a 2 under with all those fairways and greens he missed. I wonder how many putts he had today. I have a feeling he's going to be in the top 10. He know how to play Firestone kind of like the way he knows how to play Augusta and Pebble.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Did anyone else catch Tiger talking about his ballstriking after the round? He raved about how he was compressing his irons well and bombing them with an easy swing. He then described his old swing as 'wipey.' Another convert to the pivot/rotation swing club!

Also, cue the Twitter firestorm from Hank Haney when he hears those comments. Senor Rabbit Ears is going to s4*t a brick.

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| MacGregor Muirfield 20th DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

[quote name='mosesgolf' timestamp='1312497652' post='3452558']
That was pretty amazing pulling a 2 under with all those fairways and greens he missed. I wonder how many putts he had today. I have a feeling he's going to be in the top 10. He know how to play Firestone kind of like the way he knows how to play Augusta and Pebble.
[/quote]

5 fairways, 12 greens, 27 putts per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/6834491/tiger-woods-returns-2-wgc-bridgestone

He only hit 5 fairways, but there were at least 3 drives that me missed less than 5 yards left of the fairway. He's playing a fade now, and I'll bet the combination of adrenalin and nerves caused him to get through his transition a little quick and presto, he hits a straight ball instead of a cut. This swing looks much more reliable, and once he makes an adjustment or two his driving should improve by leaps and bounds. Also note how his misses of the tee were not in a different zip code.

D| Titleist 975D 9.5* DG S300

3W| Titleist 980F 15* DG S300

5W| Titleist 975F 18.5* DG S300

3-P| MacGregor Muirfield 20th DG X100

SW| Maltby TSW 56* DG X100

LW| Maltby TSW 60* DG S300

P| Ping Anser

Ball| Maxfli Tour S Yellow

[quote name='Roland of Gilead' timestamp='1312497912' post='3452564']
Did anyone else catch Tiger talking about his ballstriking after the round? He raved about how he was compressing his irons well and bombing them with an easy swing. He then described his old swing as 'wipey.' Another convert to the pivot/rotation swing club!

Also, cue the Twitter firestorm from Hank Haney when he hears those comments. Senor Rabbit Ears is going to s4*t a brick.
[/quote]

seriously his post round interview was very interesting....can't recall him being so hyped and really gave a lot of insight into what he was thinking out there. the trust with his swing seems to be rather strong and appears there has been quite a bit of practice going on (contrary to popular believe). looked fluid, relaxed and under control

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[quote name='Roland of Gilead' timestamp='1312498788' post='3452590']
He only hit 5 fairways, but there were at least 3 drives that me missed less than 5 yards left of the fairway. He's playing a fade now, and I'll bet the combination of adrenalin and nerves caused him to get through his transition a little quick and presto, he hits a straight ball instead of a cut. This swing looks much more reliable, and once he makes an adjustment or two his driving should improve by leaps and bounds. Also note how his misses of the tee were not in a different zip code.
[/quote]

I noticed this as well. He had a good number of misses off the tee that were 1-5 yds off the fairway. I know that close doesn't count, but considering how erratic his drives can be, I was actually surprised.

He was killing his irons. You could tell he was surprised how far he hit some of those iron shots.

TheDarkOne, sorry you missed your opportunity to come on here and say how you were right and how he's done and all. Too bad for ya as you probably planned your day around it. Better luck tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

He's a guy who won at Firestone 7 times, I would expect more.
[/quote]

Wait! How can you expect more? Why haven`t you mentioned his recent knee problems and the fact that he hasn`t played or practiced much in the past 4 months, not to mention that last 2+ years? That doesn`t count? It should in this context.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1312495468' post='3452462']

[/quote]

Want to discuss McIlroy's day? What about his 2 bogeys and all his missed opportunities? At the end of the day everyone leaves strokes on the course in some fashion. The sooner you come to realize that then the less we will have to hear from you.

Edit: Also, about 12 people in the world would rather watch Fowler over Woods. Just letting you know.
[/quote]

Haha 'Baseballfrk'! Well said--all of it!

[quote name='Vendetta7' timestamp='1312500064' post='3452635']
[quote name='Roland of Gilead' timestamp='1312498788' post='3452590']
[/quote]

I noticed this as well. He had a good number of misses off the tee that were 1-5 yds off the fairway. I know that close doesn't count, but considering how erratic his drives can be, I was actually surprised.
[/quote]
It's almost like Trevino was right. Play a fade, you'll be more consistent. He needs to tweak it a bit more though.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1312508737' post='3453002']
It's almost like Trevino was right. Play a fade, you'll be more consistent. He needs to tweak it a bit more though.
[/quote]

There's no "almost" about it. Trevino is completely right. Nicklaus eliminated one side of the golf course with his famous fade and he was an amazing driver of the golf ball. Great power AND great accuracy.

Agree--Seriously Tiger?

I'm no GQ, and he#$, I don't always have the game to back up the wardrobe.

I even wear sporty golf shoes at times, but usually with shorts.

Otherwise, stick with the updated, classic yet sporty look of the TW line. I haven't worn Nikes in awhile (like the styling, but hate the fact that the air chamber often gets leaks or punctures, thus creating the 'squeak' in my step), but they have enough good styles to wear with pants.

Heck--even the Air Rate line would be better than these--the white ones for Round 1 looked absolutely awful.
It's good to have Tiger back, I hope he does well. Those shoes are horrible though.
[/quote]

I like the shoes lol. Built on the Nike Free platform
[/quote]