Sam's guess at Hogan's secret...

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324339714' post='3962555']

late release point? where is that?

right, he didn't try to keep it open. it just opens bec of lower body move from top, looks opening bec right elbow is come down and become very low compared to left elbow, so it look hogan is opening it, and the angles dont change so it look like it opening. but it just automatic bec of lower body move. the lower body move bring hands very quick to front of right leg, with angles not change, specialy the lag.

from here, what is the efficientest way to close the club square to ball? Mr. Lynn Blake is very correct in videos you post.
[/quote]

Right where you said - down at the right leg.

Lynn Blake was told by his friend, US Open winner Larry Nelson, that the "Delivery Line [b]Roll[/b]" was the fastest move in golf. What's significant is that Nelson didn't start playing golf til he was 21 and taught himself using 5L!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324404266' post='3965925']
[quote name='dap' timestamp='1324398739' post='3965501']
He'll be back unless he's been banned for good.

Wile Coyote never gives up despite all his useless backfiring gadgets. :D
[/quote]

think they r just suspended. if banned, it will show word "banned" below the usernames, right? tembolo why not you substitute for teeace huh? you agree with him all the time, yes?
[/quote]

Not all the time. But I would need access to all that data and gadgets before I can substitute. :)

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Damn, now with the cast of characters gone the Hogan forum is dead. Just a dude talking about weird shapes.

Oh well...I guess I should go work on my game then LOL.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1324474988' post='3970323']
Damn, now with the cast of characters gone the Hogan forum is dead. Just a dude talking about weird shapes.

[/quote]

Yep, but don't work on it till you POST THE STINKIN VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:)

[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1324512156' post='3973085']

[/quote]

Yep, but don't work on it till you POST THE STINKIN VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[/quote]

Why you keep asking for videos? So you can choose which poster you will read? Why not just look at Hogan videos, if you like them, then now you can read his posts?:D

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324600547' post='3977751']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why you keep asking for videos? So you can choose which poster you will read? Why not just look at Hogan videos, if you like them, then now you can read his posts?:D
[/quote]

Lol, I made a post somewhere else about this a couple of days ago.

Why do I keep asking for videos? Because I like to see the golf swing. And I especially like when a guy (you) makes lots of posts about what Hogan is doing. When a guy (you) has lots of Hogan answers, I like to see how they (you) are able to apply these theories to their (your) swing.

This is a question I constantly ask of anyone that has a swing theory or swing belief, or Hogan swing theory belief. If they are applying any of their Hogan theory into their own swing, then post the video so we can see what is happening. So we get a physical understanding of what they are explaining with their computer keyboard.

I'm not sure what everyone's fear is....heck, I post my ridiculous swing all over the place, and get laughed at on a daily basis, cause I have no idea what I am doing with a golf club. But actually, I do understand the fear. It is related to the fact that our ego, acceptability, and self-worth are at stake.

I've seen some guys post pages and pages of detailed theory, and constantly get asked to post a video of their swing. 99% of the time, they never do. But when one finally does get the guts to post it, the laughter and taunting and comments begin: "Whoa........can't believe this guy posted a swing like that lol.......and just think, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about in all those posts." Then the most predictable part happens; in comes the ego/acceptability/self-worth save. They will then post their spectacular score from their last round, or their record GIR or birdies to cover for the scary swing lol.

The main point I'm making is: I think everybody here knows what they are talking about regarding the golf swing, and has excellent theoretical sense, but not everybody can translate that from their mind to their body. Nobody cares if your swing looks like a chicken dancing with a broom. Post it so we can get a better understanding your theoretical perspective.

So for all the guys that have put their swing on display.....you dudes are my fearless idols! To the rest of ya hiding behind those keyboards......time to grow some golf balls under your skirt.....he-he.

And, if you haven't noticed, tembolo and I go back and forth joking a lot. He asks about my ball flight, and I ask about his swing vid. (He doesn't realize it, but I have already seen his swing vid ;) ........looks good tembolo!)

In conclusion..........svsvincenzo, when are you gonna POST YOUR STINKIN VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???? :clapping:

[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1324611609' post='3978577']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do I keep asking for videos? Because I like to see the golf swing. And I especially like when a guy (you) makes lots of posts about what Hogan is doing. When a guy (you) has lots of Hogan answers, I like to see how they (you) are able to apply these theories to their (your) swing.

This is a question I constantly ask of anyone that has a swing theory or swing belief, or Hogan swing theory belief. If they are applying any of their Hogan theory into their own swing, then post the video so we can see what is happening. So we get a physical understanding of what they are explaining with their computer keyboard.

I'm not sure what everyone's fear is....heck, I post my ridiculous swing all over the place, and get laughed at on a daily basis, cause I have no idea what I am doing with a golf club. But actually, I do understand the fear. It is related to the fact that our ego, acceptability, and self-worth are at stake.

I've seen some guys post pages and pages of detailed theory, and constantly get asked to post a video of their swing. 99% of the time, they never do. But when one finally does get the guts to post it, the laughter and taunting and comments begin: "Whoa........can't believe this guy posted a swing like that lol.......and just think, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about in all those posts." Then the most predictable part happens; in comes the ego/acceptability/self-worth save. They will then post their spectacular score from their last round, or their record GIR or birdies to cover for the scary swing lol.

The main point I'm making is: I think everybody here knows what they are talking about regarding the golf swing, and has excellent theoretical sense, but not everybody can translate that from their mind to their body. Nobody cares if your swing looks like a chicken dancing with a broom. Post it so we can get a better understanding your theoretical perspective.

So for all the guys that have put their swing on display.....you dudes are my fearless idols! To the rest of ya hiding behind those keyboards......time to grow some golf balls under your skirt.....he-he.

And, if you haven't noticed, tembolo and I go back and forth joking a lot. He asks about my ball flight, and I ask about his swing vid. (He doesn't realize it, but I have already seen his swing vid ;) ........looks good tembolo!)

In conclusion..........svsvincenzo, when are you gonna POST YOUR STINKIN VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???? :clapping:
[/quote]

:lol: To save you the agony of waiting, I'm tellin you, I'm not gonna post it.

So, if you doesn't show your swing, it's not worth listening to your posts? And if you show it, you're the man with balls and super macho whose posts are worth listening to?

You can be right typing the words, wrong swinging it, but got Hogan right, right?

You can be wrong typing it, right swinging, but got Higan totally wrong, correct?

You can be right typing, right swinging what you typed, but got Higan wrong, ain't it?

So, what's the point brother? The way I see it, all we all have to do us see Hogan on YT, read his books, interviews, articles, whatever, analyze and choose the right posts here, and make your own conclusions. Unless, of course, you're having a crisis "choosing" the posts. In which case, I'd suggest you focus on the posts of people here with BOTH excellent posts and excellent swings only---Lake, Eightiron, Magnum, Slicefixer and Iteach. All of them have shown their excellent swings and have made excellent posts. Yeah, I'm not claiming to be one of them, nor want you to follow my posts and ideas. Just letting others, including you a piece of my mind, my thoughts. What's wrong with that? But to require people to show our stinking videos,I sincerely I think you're not being reasonable.

IMO, you are relying too much on videos. I'm not saying you don't see videos. I'm saying, see the videos and read Hogan's words AS WELL. Both of them Anthony.

[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1324646980' post='3979393']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1324645295' post='3979343']
I think mistyping Hogan as Higan should be some kind of felony ;)
[/quote]

Lol!!!!
[/quote]

So what's up with your stinkin swing? How do you do the takeaway now? Where you at now? How do you think Hogan did it?

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324618066' post='3978939']
[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1324611609' post='3978577']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

:lol: To save you the agony of waiting, I'm tellin you, I'm not gonna post it.

So, if you doesn't show your swing, it's not worth listening to your posts? And if you show it, you're the man with balls and super macho whose posts are worth listening to?

You can be right typing the words, wrong swinging it, but got Hogan right, right?

You can be wrong typing it, right swinging, but got Higan totally wrong, correct?

You can be right typing, right swinging what you typed, but got Higan wrong, ain't it?

So, what's the point brother? The way I see it, all we all have to do us see Hogan on YT, read his books, interviews, articles, whatever, analyze and choose the right posts here, and make your own conclusions. Unless, of course, you're having a crisis "choosing" the posts. In which case, I'd suggest you focus on the posts of people here with BOTH excellent posts and excellent swings only---Lake, Eightiron, Magnum, Slicefixer and Iteach. All of them have shown their excellent swings and have made excellent posts. Yeah, I'm not claiming to be one of them, nor want you to follow my posts and ideas. Just letting others, including you a piece of my mind, my thoughts. What's wrong with that? But to require people to show our stinking videos,I sincerely I think you're not being reasonable.

IMO, you are relying too much on videos. I'm not saying you don't see videos. I'm saying, see the videos and read Hogan's words AS WELL. Both of them Anthony.
[/quote]

Hmmmmmmm, now I;m confused.

Can someone's break these statements down for me:(and I'm defintely not trying to be funny; I just don't get it. Hmmmm, Maybe it's a tricky riddle. Did you play in Batman? Is 'svsvincenzo' an alias for The Joker??  Or are you a CIA operative, and maybe this is some cryptic code ) :

'svsvincenzo', I don't remember when our relationship went sour, but I have no idea where you got the idea that I don't want to listen to certain peoples posts. This is the exact opposite of me. I post on every golf forum around the globe, because I like talking golf, but I like even more talking Higan golf. Anything related to golf is just fun, fun, fun! Playing it, talking it, analyzing it, etc.

"Unless, of course, you're having a crisis "choosing" the posts". LOLOL! I definitely have a crisis.....it's my goofy swing lol! But I wonder where you got the idea that I want to choose a certain post. Wherever I gave that impression, I am unsure; please feel free to point out how you come to this conclusion, an politely throw it in my face.

AAAAHAAAAAAAA!! Sooooooooooo, you're an instructor. This is cool! Where do you teach? How long have you been teaching? Is is at the professional level? Or club pro? When you are teaching, do you allow your students to see you? Have they seen your swing?

Ok, it is understood that your swing makes you want to vomit, cause mine does the same to me, but how about your students....can you post a few vids of your students?

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1324405012' post='3966025']

right, he didn't try to keep it open. it just opens bec of lower body move from top, looks opening bec right elbow is come down and become very low compared to left elbow, so it look hogan is opening it, and the angles dont change so it look like it opening. but it just automatic bec of lower body move. the lower body move bring hands very quick to front of right leg, with angles not change, specialy the lag.

from here, what is the efficientest way to close the club square to ball? Mr. Lynn Blake is very correct in videos you post.
[/quote]

Lynn Blake was told by his friend, US Open winner Larry Nelson, that the "Delivery Line [b]Roll[/b]" was the fastest move in golf. What's significant is that Nelson didn't start playing golf til he was 21 and taught himself using 5L!!!
[/quote]

Thank you. What's delivery line roll? Supination (rolling of left hand)?

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324657253' post='3979887']
[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1324405012' post='3966025']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you. What's delivery line roll? Supination (rolling of left hand)?
[/quote]

Just like LB demos in the video, a snap roll of the left forearm through impact. It's actually a 90 deg snap roll and is like putting a supercharger on a normally aspirated engine! :yes:

I'll admit he got me on that post. How can a relationship go sour with someone with super muscle boobs? Don't get it.

On that note...this thread has gotten ueber depressing with no TeeAce.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324655938' post='3979823']
[/quote]

Lol!!!!
[/quote]

So what's up with your stinkin swing? How do you do the takeaway now? Where you at now? How do you think Hogan did it?
[/quote]

What's up with my stinkin swing ?? It stinks! Still over the top, and no angle hinge yet. Heck, I've got another list of 20 issues I'm stuck on. The takeaway is still a mystery for me. I have been breaking it down and have lots of ideas, but, I'm still researching it. I plan to put up a video of my analysis of Hogans takeaway and describe what I see him doing.

[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1324675189' post='3980757']
[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1324655938' post='3979823']
[/quote]

Lol!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

What's up with my stinkin swing ?? It stinks! Still over the top, and no angle hinge yet. Heck, I've got another list of 20 issues I'm stuck on. The takeaway is still a mystery for me. I have been breaking it down and have lots of ideas, but, I'm still researching it. I plan to put up a video of my analysis of Hogans takeaway and describe what I see him doing.
[/quote]

I don't think it stinks. I just like the sound of it when i ask. :D

Hogan is not angle hinging on stock shots. It just looks like that because of his low plane, low hands, hands closer to pelvis, flatter lies, his relatively short height, relatively longer arms, and coming from the elbow plane in the DS. But most of all, his hip action opened it, rather, made it stay square longer at impact zone. In that sense you can say its angle hinging. It's what you'll see, especially with irons where there's divots (club hitting the ground, hence making clubface remain square more, but that's post impact). But it's not angle hinging in the strict sense because his hands, specifically left hand, is not "holding off". It's rolling hard. Horizontal hinge, not angle hinge, INTENT and MUSCLE motion.

What made you convinced Hogan is angle hinging? Didn't he say you supinate? Any hold-off move will make you flip. To prevent the flip, you have to bow the wrist. To avoid skulling the ball, you have to intentionally fully unc0ck the ball. If you fully unc0ck, the unc0cking motion is very very fast. So, you have to time that very fast unc0cking motion exactly in order for you to hit the sweet spot. For a forged club, moreso with a blade, the sweet spot is very small. Hogan used "double blades". Also, if you fully unc0ck, your stock divots will be humongous. Hogan's divots on stock shots are very shallow. To avoid the huge divots, you'll have to intentionally "lift" your hands to "lift" the clubhead and avoid the huge divots, which incidentally can hurt your wrist. And you also have to time that exactly. Mistiming means either skulked shots (too early), or fat shots (too soon). And that's for the "lifting". For the "fully unc0cking" timing part, too soon also will result to fats, too late to skulls. So you're timing two things, that makes it double difficult.

Now tell me, would you like all of those things going on that you have to time exactly, instead of just turning and rolling?

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1325180992' post='4001203']
So what's the word? Seems it's my name as the last updated dude in all the hogan threads.
[/quote]

Yahhhh, where's TeeAce, eightiron, dap, svsvincenzo, and the rest of the crew?? Maybe we've talked about it all?? Ok, party's over. :beach:

[quote name='Ben Hogan Swing Project' timestamp='1325181475' post='4001243']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1325180992' post='4001203']
So what's the word? Seems it's my name as the last updated dude in all the hogan threads.
[/quote]

Yahhhh, where's TeeAce, eightiron, dap, svsvincenzo, and the rest of the crew?? Maybe we've talked about it all?? Ok, party's over. :beach:
[/quote]

sad stuff.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[/quote]

You never heard of "bin Higan"? He was Saudi Arabia's finest golfer. Sadly he was on his way home from winning the Saudi Arabian Open when his camel was hit head on by a oil tanker truck and never recovered. Legend has it that out of the sand he had no peer.....

At this point i'm not ashamed to say I miss TeeAce, dap, 8i, Hogan101 and the rest of the crew. Let's talk about anything, even hogan's angle for the love of God.

Been hitting snow bunker shots on my lawn i'm so bored.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1325873678' post='4037761']
At this point i'm not ashamed to say I miss TeeAce, dap, 8i, Hogan101 and the rest of the crew. Let's talk about anything, even hogan's angle for the love of God.

Been hitting snow bunker shots on my lawn i'm so bored.
[/quote]

Alright Keern, the floors all yours. Can you expound on The angle, and give the details of why you were on that roof?

[quote name='dso1986' timestamp='1326011055' post='4044749']
here's hogans secret.

he learned to let his left hand dominate his swing... or else why would he say he felt like he was learning to swing all over again??

where as before he lagged it down to the delivery position and tried to square it with his right hand.
[/quote]

Most likely true. Hogan said in the Seitz interview in Golf Digest June 85 issue that we must use the left arm. Seitz even emphasized this and said there's no key in the typewriter that can describe Hogan's feeling in emphasizing that instructional point.

Where did you read or hear that he was like learning to swing all over again?