Ohio GolfWRX Outing(Sat. June 23, 2012; 10:00am)

DaSportsGuy

Thanks Joe! I'll PM you.

Everyone's dropping like flies. [b]Bolded names have confirmed that they will be there[/b], [i]italicized names will get back to me and let me know for sure soon[/i], [u]and names in standard font have not replied yet[/u].

Hopefully I can get some more replies because as of now we could have anywhere from 8 to 18 people attending.

[b]1-joekelli(Joe; 45 years old; Cuyahoga Falls; 39 min away; 1.6 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
2-KYMAR(Mark; 38 years old; Chagrin Falls; 1:17 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-?)[/b]
[b]3-bob32556(Bob; 55 years old; Newton Falls; 59 min away; 10 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
4-nivekrob(Kevin; 30 years old; Dayton; 3:28 away; ~9 HCI~; Email-✓; Cell #-?)
[i]5-ggpro(Drew; 51 years old; Mayfield Heights; 1:13 away; 4.3 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/i]
[b]6-spencer096(Spencer; 27 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
7-JD616(Josh; 17 years old; Mineral Ridge; 1:01 away; ~8~ HCI; Email-✓;Cell #-?)
[b]8-aep4749(Adam; 24 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~4~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]9-reflog74(John; 58 years old; Shaker Heights; 1:12 away; 15 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
10-GZS(Chris; 27 years old; Amherst; 1:32 away; ~10~ HCI; Email-X; Cell #-✓)
11-Kavdog(Kavi: 25 years old; Mentor; 1:33 away; 11.4 HCI; Email-X; Cell #-✓)
12-GZS #2 - Friend(Nate; 27 years old; Amherst; 1:32 away; ~10~ HCI; Email-X; Cell #-X)
[i]13-sross(Shaun; 27 years old; Westlake; 1:28 away; ? HCI; Email-?; Cell #-?)[/i]
14-akam2(Matt; 27 years old; Colombus; 2:19 away; ? HCI; Email-?; Cell #-?)
[b]15-heddp(Chinh; ? years old; ?; ?; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]16-stage1350(Brad, 39 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]17-Chris R.(heddp's friend)[/b]
[b]18-Ed A.(bob32556's friend)[/b]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. My friend Evan L is coming that day too.He is thegooddoctor on this forum. He is a 7 Handicap and I would like to play with him, chris and any random person willing to put up with our crap. Look forward to seeing you all this saturday.

Taylormade M1 440 Driver with Masters Edition Atmos Black 6x
Taylormade M2 Tour 3w with Speeder 661x
Titleist 915 hybrid with GD AD DI 95g x flex
Callaway X prototype irons with C Taper 125g
Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017

[quote name='heddp' timestamp='1340073544' post='5125576']
Hi. My friend Evan L is coming that day too.He is thegooddoctor on this forum. He is a 7 Handicap and I would like to play with him, chris and any random person willing to put up with our crap. Look forward to seeing you all this saturday.
[/quote]Sounds good, I'll add him to the list!

[quote name='kmayer99' timestamp='1340074065' post='5125622']
Lets get this thing more in the center of the state next year. I would be in and im sure the Cincinatti wrxers would make the trip as well.
[/quote]
Will do. Can you give me some course suggestions? I'm not really familiar with golf around Columbus.
[quote name='bob32556' timestamp='1340112454' post='5127440']
If you need any more to even the groups out, I may be able to get a couple of guys.
[/quote]
If you want to bring a friend or two that should be fine. One more spot is available but I haven't gotten a reply from six of the people that have a spot so I'm guessing at least half of those six won't show up.

[b]1-joekelli(Joe; 45 years old; Cuyahoga Falls; 39 min away; 1.6 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)
2-KYMAR(Mark; 38 years old; Chagrin Falls; 1:17 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-?)
3-bob32556(Bob; 55 years old; Newton Falls; 59 min away; 10 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
4-nivekrob(Kevin; 30 years old; Dayton; 3:28 away; ~9 HCI~; Email-✓; Cell #-?)
[i]5-ggpro(Drew; 51 years old; Mayfield Heights; 1:13 away; 4.3 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/i]
[b]6-spencer096(Spencer; 27 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
7-JD616(Josh; 17 years old; Mineral Ridge; 1:01 away; ~8~ HCI; Email-✓;Cell #-?)
[b]8-aep4749(Adam; 24 years old; Pittsburgh(PA); 2:01 away; ~4~ HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]9-reflog74(John; 58 years old; Shaker Heights; 1:12 away; 15 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
10-GZS(Chris; 27 years old; Amherst; 1:32 away; ~10~ HCI; Email-X; Cell #-✓)
11-Kavdog(Kavi: 25 years old; Mentor; 1:33 away; 11.4 HCI; Email-X; Cell #-✓)
12-GZS #2 - Friend(Nate; 27 years old; Amherst; 1:32 away; ~10~ HCI; Email-X; Cell #-X)
[i]13-sross(Shaun; 27 years old; Westlake; 1:28 away; ? HCI; Email-?; Cell #-?)[/i]
14-akam2(Matt; 27 years old; Colombus; 2:19 away; ? HCI; Email-?; Cell #-?)
[b]15-heddp(Chinh; ? years old; ?; ?; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]16-stage1350(Brad, 39 years old; Cleveland Heights; 1:22 away; 9 HCI; Email-✓; Cell #-✓)[/b]
[b]17-Chris R.(heddp's friend)[/b]
[b]18-Ed A.(bob32556's friend)[/b]
[b]19-thegooddoctor(Evan)[/b]

Looking forward to it! I'm putting so bad I'm gonna let the group pick the weapon that day, I'm gonna put mannkrafted little big horn mallet, baby brahma, nead 8802, and lajosi in the truck and see what happens.
Evan

Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1340376913' post='5148688']
[quote name='bob32556' timestamp='1340335814' post='5146490']
I'm assuming the 1st tee time is still 10:30
[/quote]Yep. They start at 10:30 and go off every 10 min.
[/quote]

Are you playing now or still taking your brother to baseball?

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1340381911' post='5149264']
[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1340376913' post='5148688']
[quote name='bob32556' timestamp='1340335814' post='5146490']
I'm assuming the 1st tee time is still 10:30
[/quote]Yep. They start at 10:30 and go off every 10 min.
[/quote]

Are you playing now or still taking your brother to baseball?
[/quote]I'm still going to be in Michigan with him for his tournament...I just sent you an email...

[size=6]I guess I am taking over for Jeff tomorrow at the Quarry. Look for me in the clubhouse, I should be the only guy wearing a Nickent hat or visor. [/size]

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1340394075' post='5150500']
[size=6]I guess I am taking over for Jeff tomorrow at the Quarry. Look for me in the clubhouse, I should be the only guy wearing a Nickent hat or visor. [/size]
[/quote]

I have picked my hat for the day and it is a dark blue Nickent visor. Look for me in the clubhouse. I will be there at 9:45ish

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Here are a few pictures from the round today. Very tough track when your playing it for the first time and from the tips!

7428261180_c6cf9f40da_h.jpg

7428253492_057d0bdc6d_h.jpg

7428267774_e8e82c9966_h.jpg

7428310340_7d8efce811_h.jpg

7428316332_44bb7da413_h.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Joe,
Nice pics!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and shared their golf and golf epuipment stories! Shout out to the puttertalk crowd that made the trip

-Evan

Cally Epic SZ, Cally 815 alpha FW, Cally alpha 815 3 and 4 hybrid, Apex Pro 5-Aw, callaway md2 54, callaway md2 58, Xenon Custom Copper Bullseye

[quote name='thegooddoctor' timestamp='1340498666' post='5155906']
Joe,
Nice pics!!

Thanks to everyone who came out and shared their golf and golf epuipment stories! Shout out to the puttertalk crowd that made the trip

-Evan
[/quote]

Thanks!

On another note... Check your bodies if you were in the woods at all. I just found a tick attached to my leg!!!!!!!! Looking for someone elses ball of course! :taunt:

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Hope everything went well at the outing today! I heard only 9 showed up and that their may have been some confusion on the date. I apologize for that and for the fact that I ended up not being able to make it. I was looking forward to this for so long and got this thing rolling back in the Winter and something came up last minute and I wasn't able to make it.

Good thing is I now know what we need to correct in order to have this more organized next time and have everybody on the same page. We'll have another big outing like this next year but we'll have a couple smaller scale outings later this summer. Be sure to check out the other outing thread for the next outing which will be held [hopefully] at Boulder Creek. I'm still waiting to hear back from them so we can get tee times scheduled there.

As far as this outing goes...I heard you guys played the tips, correct? What were some of the scores?

[quote name='DaSportsGuy' timestamp='1340501761' post='5156172']

As far as this outing goes...I heard you guys played the tips, correct? What were some of the scores?
[/quote]

Yes we played the tips.

Scores
crap
crap
crap
crap
crap
crap
crap
crap
crap

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Only 9 people made it? Makes me furious, this is why I gave up planning the az outings, 20 people commit then only 8 show up. But on the flip side, those 8 become solid friends and end up making up the core outing groups of the future.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

As always, you could tell when the WRXers showed up on the course. A large quantity of white belts and smart dressers in moisture wicking garments. Knit headcovers as far as the eye can see. Premium shafts and putters. And very few stock grips. Dead giveaways every time!

My threesome consisted of Joekelli and Reflog74. Joe and I did the typical WRX thing and hit each other's drivers. With his R11 cranked down to 7°, I was able to outhit my 9.5° Superdeep on a few holes. I may have to reconsider this whole "white driver" thing. It was a solid feeling club. Joe has a great swing with a long, sweeping draw. His Tour Nickent bag was definitely well seasoned and he was putting some mega spin on long approaches. I have to give him a little bit of thanks for not pushing the one skin I got. He just barely missed his birdie putt on the edge. The rough on the course was brutal. Get out of the fairway, and you are looking at 2-3 strokes additional on the hole.

Reflog74 (John) was a trooper playing with us from the tips. He's a "mortal" human being and not hitting WRX distances. But we had a great time. He was using an AlBr Bettinardi and was all over the hole with it. Not everything went in, but there were a lot of burned lips and 180° outs. He also bought the first round afterwards on the 19th hole. A true gentleman.

I think I have to resign myself to building my workbench and retiring the 986 blades. My recent move has not allowed me to reshaft my Scratch irons (yet) and the lack of play is making me need a little more forgiveness. It was fun having a long hitter like Joe with me to "keep me honest." I left 2-3 birdies on the course, including missing about a 4 footer that would have pushed a skin. I also three-jacked a par 5 that I got to the fringe in two. Disappointing in terms of score, but not in terms of company.

It was also good to meet Chinh and Evan, who struck around until the end. Evan is a fellow 8802 fan, so we talked a lot about putters. I'm sure I'll be playing a round or two with them in the future as well.

Everyone stopped at the 19th hole after the round, though some of the guys had to head out early. We talked golf, equipment, putters, and were enjoying the service of the staff. This course did it right in the fact that the majority of the staff is young, lovely ladies. When a female arrives in the parking lot and carries your bag to the carts, or approaches your bags on 18 to clean your clubs, they know the men will take care of them with tips. The fact that they were easy on the eyes didn't hurt either. My pick of the litter was the restaurant hostess in the white dress. Those that were there know exactly why...

[spoiler][media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zevxOD9TaY[/media][/spoiler]

I know that there is another outing planned with some of the Puttertalk guys on the west side of the state in July and I'd bet there will be another outing in the future. The weather has been too nice and there are too many great courses in the area not to have another get together. It's tough to get everyone's schedules to match up for a single weekend. But's always fun when you get together. From Va. Beach, to Houston, to now NE Ohio, these get togethers are always fun.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

As always, you could tell when the WRXers showed up on the course. A large quantity of white belts and smart dressers in moisture wicking garments. Knit headcovers as far as the eye can see. Premium shafts and putters. And very few stock grips. Dead giveaways every time!

My threesome consisted of Joekelli and Reflog74. Joe and I did the typical WRX thing and hit each other's drivers. With his R11 cranked down to 7°, I was able to outhit my 9.5° Superdeep on a few holes. I may have to reconsider this whole "white driver" thing. It was a solid feeling club. Joe has a great swing with a long, sweeping draw. His Tour Nickent bag was definitely well seasoned and he was putting some mega spin on long approaches. I have to give him a little bit of thanks for not pushing the one skin I got. He just barely missed his birdie putt on the edge. The rough on the course was brutal. Get out of the fairway, and you are looking at 2-3 strokes additional on the hole.

Reflog74 (John) was a trooper playing with us from the tips. He's a "mortal" human being and not hitting WRX distances. But we had a great time. He was using an AlBr Bettinardi and was all over the hole with it. Not everything went in, but there were a lot of burned lips and 180° outs. He also bought the first round afterwards on the 19th hole. A true gentleman.

I think I have to resign myself to building my workbench and retiring the 986 blades. My recent move has not allowed me to reshaft my Scratch irons (yet) and the lack of play is making me need a little more forgiveness. It was fun having a long hitter like Joe with me to "keep me honest." I left 2-3 birdies on the course, including missing about a 4 footer that would have pushed a skin. I also three-jacked a par 5 that I got to the fringe in two. Disappointing in terms of score, but not in terms of company.

It was also good to meet Chinh and Evan, who struck around until the end. Evan is a fellow 8802 fan, so we talked a lot about putters. I'm sure I'll be playing a round or two with them in the future as well.

Everyone stopped at the 19th hole after the round, though some of the guys had to head out early. We talked golf, equipment, putters, and were enjoying the service of the staff. This course did it right in the fact that the majority of the staff is young, lovely ladies. When a female arrives in the parking lot and carries your bag to the carts, or approaches your bags on 18 to clean your clubs, they know the men will take care of them with tips. The fact that they were easy on the eyes didn't hurt either. My pick of the litter was the restaurant hostess in the white dress. Those that were there know exactly why...

[media=]

[/media]

I know that there is another outing planned with some of the Puttertalk guys on the west side of the state in July and I'd bet there will be another outing in the future. The weather has been too nice and there are too many great courses in the area not to have another get together. It's tough to get everyone's schedules to match up for a single weekend. But's always fun when you get together. From Va. Beach, to Houston, to now NE Ohio, these get togethers are always fun.

Great write up! It was a fun day and it was nice to finally get to meet some more WRX members.

It wouldn't be right if we didn't have at least one equipment picture from the outing, so I will go first. Since I got to hit Stage1350's R9 Superdeep I will post a picture of it. Great shaft in that thing that really loaded hard!

7431869874_ec80080a12_b.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Hah you guys were a riot. I love having the 1.6 handicap pick our playing tees on a course with a 74/139 rating. Thanks Joe!

But really I enjoyed meeting everyone there and I look forward to playing with these guys if they'll have me. For other WRX'ers: There really are others who are afflicted with the horrible, untreatable and chronic disease that we have. It's nice to know there are other people as sick as we are!

The scores were pretty bad though...company was excellent...the funnest part, aside from getting violated by the course (which was awesome btw), was the 19th hole. Keep me in the loop guys. August looks good for me...

Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017

Oh and FYI. Those who didn't show missed out on some talented staffers at the course. In fact, one could move each cheek individual with every step she took. Almost as if there were no effort involved in making me win the staring contest between her and her assets. Quite a talent, I must say.

Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017

Really glad you guys had a good time! I'm so bummed I couldn't make it. I wanted to be there so bad I can't even put it into words. Again, be sure to check out the next outing thread...I learned alot from this outing and have some new ideas on how to make the next outing even better!

Thanks for everyone who helped out in making this happen! Can't wait to do it again...when I'll actually be there!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Any news of possible GolfWRX outings in the future in the area?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest