2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

vision yellow balls

redhawkgolf

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say it is easier to see in the air, but the Vision balls are clearly easier to see on the ground than any of the other yellow balls. They have an almost neon-like quality to them. With that said, the ones I tried felt like rocks. They were the harshest feeling ball I think I've ever used.

The US distributor is [url="http://www.smtgolf.com/"]SMT[/url], though I could not find them on their website. They're in the e-catalog that can be downloaded, but it looks like that is way out of date.

[quote name='redhawkgolf' timestamp='1325688173' post='4026775']
I have read about this ball. Sounds like it is really visible. Does anyone know where I can buy them? Someone posted on this site that he had played them. If the person who posted this reads this post. could you tell me where you got these?
[/quote]

I'm a fan of the tour yellow Srixon balls, as well. Also, I don't think that danattherock was trying to be rude-- just making a boring comment about golf balls somewhat fun. I think that your reaction to his comment was uncalled for.

I agree with this entire post (including the ball choice).

316355152_e19b815bcd3.jpg

X________________________________ Sign Here

Redhawk the vision are the most visible compared to others on the market. They are also uv reactive so if you keep them in sunlight a little bit or use a blacklight it will cause the covers to glow for a while comes in very handy if you play up until dusk. As for recommendation unless you need the UV stick with the Srixons in Tour Yellow. Due to floaters I have problems seeing white balls so play with tour yellow. Now in the leaves and such I would actually recommend trying an orange one as those seem to be better in leaves. Nike Distance and E6 both offer orange and yellow of the 2 I recommend the E6.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='redhawkgolf' timestamp='1325688173' post='4026775']
I have read about this ball. Sounds like it is really visible. Does anyone know where I can buy them? Someone posted on this site that he had played them. If the person who posted this reads this post. could you tell me where you got these?
[/quote]

The Vision balls actually absorb uv rays and then "glow in the dark" for a time. It was nice during twilight hours. That said the 2piece of the original model that I played was a horrible ball. It was hard and refused to check at all. I gave mine away. I don't know if the newer ones are any better.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Has anyone tried the Chromax balls?

[url="http://www.chromaxgolf.com/"]Chromax[/url]

I've never used them myself but have seen them in shops and they are VERY bright metallic. Especially the yellow/gold. There are 2 different compressions offered. The downside is that they are really pricey for a two piece, around $16-$18 for 6 balls.

I bought some of the Vision yellow and white balls a few years back through SMT Golf. The yellow ones are certainly bright but not the greatest ball, good for distance but do not hold greens very well. Bridgestone or Srixon make fine yellow golf balls, or possibly the new Titleist.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

REDHAWKGOLF - I can't comment on the vision ball you are asking about. But i can give you some info on my experience with both the Bridgestone and the Srixons. Due to a viral infection approx. 18 months ago, i lost the sight in my left eye, and also have significant floaters in my right. I found that the yellow Srixon's were the easiest for me to follow. In flight, the yellow was slightly better than white, but once on the ground, the yellow was much easier. My friends that i play with agree that the yellow is easier to see, but they have not stepped up to the color change yet. I also know that Titleist is coming out with a yellow for 2012, but have not seen it yet. FYI - i was at my local golf galaxy yesterday and they had the Srixon Trispeed tour yellow on clearance for 2 for $35. I found this to be a really good ball and for this price it is a great deal. Good luck - this game is hard enough without the sight issues!!

Ping G430 10K w/ Chrome Tour 2.0
Ping G430 3W  

Ping G410 3H, 4H

Ping i525 6-PW Project X IO
Cleveland CBX 2 48*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56*
LAB Mezz Max 

Alphard V2 wheels

I too have some vision problems. Last few weeks I have been playing the Srixon Q-Star (yellow). My experience has been the are much easier to see in the air and on the ground if on green grass. Around here a lot of the rough is dormant grass (straw colored) and the yellow balls tend to blend in and are sometimes difficult to spot.. But since I can better follow them in the air I have a better idea where to look and I haven't lost one on the ground yet.

I haven't used them yet, but the new Titleist NXT Tour S balls are available in high optic yellow in case you don't care for Srixon, Bridgestone or other brands. For me, the yellow balls are easier to follow in flight and see on the ground.

I tried the yellow Srixon Z Stars last year. I loved the yellow ball, but went back to the Titleist Pro V1 because I just didn't feel Srixon balls performed as well for me. I wish the Pro V1s came in yellow, but doubt it will ever happen. Have never liked the orange balls.

Best wishes on your search.

[attachment=1046479:NXT Tour S.jpg]

Titleist TSi2 9° driver (B2 setting) Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 stiff
Titleist TSi2 16.5° 4 wood (C2 setting) Tensei AV Raw Blue 65 regular
Titleist TSi2 18° hybrid (C3 setting) Tensei AV Raw Blue HY65 regular
Titleist T300 (2021) 4-P AMT Red R300 (+1/2 inch)
Titleist Vokey SM4 48-06F (BN), SM9 54-10S (TC), and SM4 58-09S (BN) wedges
Ping Pal 2 35.5 inch putter
2023 Titleist Pro V1 ball

Agreed. The Titleist NXT Tour S balls in hi-viz yellow are quite different than the recent Srixon "tour yellow" balls.

For a lack of better terms, the Srixon is a duller, off yellow. But for some reason, easy to see. A contrast issue perhaps.

The NXT Tour is more of a neon yellow. Bright, but in some grass, in sun, harder to see. Great in flight like the Srixon.

I was surprised to see such a difference when holding them side by side.

And Redhawk, when folks post little cartoon thingies here on the forum with stupid characters smiling or sticking out a tongue, it is for humor.

Sorry your vision, sense of humor, and reading comprehension suck.

That too was a joke Nancy. Good luck finding a ball you can see better.

4470633-yellow-smiley-face-golf-balls-on-white.jpg

-Dan

• 1 year later...

I have had a good time using the Vision yellow ball. In the very early morning I just hold a flashlight to the cover and the ball glows slightly. Not as bright as the LED rockhard golfballs but it is sufficient if you hit it into the fairway.

Feel is good and spin is good enough. The ball does get cuts easily.

I just sent a email to Vision hoping I can purchase some somewhere in the USA.

Agreed. The Titleist NXT Tour S balls in hi-viz yellow are quite different than the recent Srixon "tour yellow" balls.

For a lack of better terms, the Srixon is a duller, off yellow. But for some reason, easy to see. A contrast issue perhaps.

The NXT Tour is more of a neon yellow. Bright, but in some grass, in sun, harder to see. Great in flight like the Srixon.

I was surprised to see such a difference when holding them side by side.

And Redhawk, when folks post little cartoon thingies here on the forum with stupid characters smiling or sticking out a tongue, it is for humor.

Sorry your vision, sense of humor, and reading comprehension suck.

That too was a joke Nancy. Good luck finding a ball you can see better.

4470633-yellow-smiley-face-golf-balls-on-white.jpg

-Dan

I always thought the Z Stars were brighter than the NXT S balls. I play in coastal fog a lot and prefer the Z Stars. The Q Stars are duller.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802

Never heard of the Vision but did a search and found a source here...
http://www.teestar.com/product/303

I've been using Srixon and Bridgestone's off and on for a couple of years. I feel the iridescent (why do I always want to put 2 r's in this word) yellow helps me follow the flight. To me, the Tittleist/Callaway/Wilson yellow are all less visible.

Funny thing. I'm normally a "Titleist guy" but found by trying the B'stone and Srix that they are great balls. Nice to know that the gap between manufacturers has narrowed so much in recent years and that we now have choices.

BTW, I don't think Danattherock meant to hit a nerve. Glad to see that you are continuing to play despite your injury. Best...

[quote name='sergizmo' timestamp='1330138063' post='4371207']
Has anyone tried the Chromax balls?

[url="http://www.chromaxgolf.com/"]Chromax[/url]

I've never used them myself but have seen them in shops and they are VERY bright metallic. Especially the yellow/gold. There are 2 different compressions offered. The downside is that they are really pricey for a two piece, around $16-$18 for 6 balls.
[/quote]I found one of the Chromax balls that I found on the course and it was an overcast day so it didn't show up at in the leaves and I lost it on the first hole I played it. They need alot of sunshine for them to do there job.

After looking for a bright yellow ball (vision problems also) in the pro shop it seemed to me that the Callaway Hex Hot has a "glow" to it...almost chartreuse. The others appeared to be a little bit of a "flat" yellow.

It is easier to see in the air for sure but what is amazing is that I can now see it bounce downrange (not that I hit it very far downrange :mellow: ). Easier to see on the ground as well but that may also be because I have a better idea of where it came to rest.

Some have criticized the lack of spin of the Hex Hot but my home course has very soft and often wet greens. The ball hasn't been used on rock hard greens yet so we will see (pun intended!).

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

[quote name='garywdixon' timestamp='1380812963' post='7947293']
After looking for a bright yellow ball (vision problems also) in the pro shop it seemed to me that the Callaway Hex Hot has a "glow" to it...almost chartreuse. The others appeared to be a little bit of a "flat" yellow.

It is easier to see in the air for sure but what is amazing is that I can now see it bounce downrange (not that I hit it very far downrange :mellow: ). Easier to see on the ground as well but that may also be because I have a better idea of where it came to rest.

Some have criticized the lack of spin of the Hex Hot but my home course has very soft and often wet greens. The ball hasn't been used on rock hard greens yet so we will see (pun intended!).
Yep, the Hex Hot is about as bright as they come. I recently found some Volvik Cystals in orange. They might be even brighter. [/quote]

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

Nobody has mentioned the Volvik balls, but they are also very bright in color and might be worth a shot. If you prefer a premium tour ball feel the Vista IV is supposed to be pretty decent, otherwise their Crystal ball is more mid-tier.

Not sure on local distributors, but Amazon has them and they can be found on a lot of the used ball sites as well.