2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Golfers in Austin, TX

epmonies

Golf Ranch in Georgetown.

If I go to GG, I always expect a 24-48hr turnaround and am happy with anything less. They can and do get busy with repairs and I'm not going to question their timekeeping, especially when I'm asking them to do something I could do myself, but I don't :blush2:

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Agree to disagree.

Not doubting that they get busy from time to time. But it takes way less than 8 hour to reshaft a set of clubs and regrip a handful of sets

I would prefer to do it myself, living in 900 sf makes it more of a hassle than anything

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

Agree to disagree.

Not doubting that they get busy from time to time. But it takes way less than 8 hour to reshaft a set of clubs and regrip a handful of sets

I would prefer to do it myself, living in 900 sf makes it more of a hassle than anything

That's 200 more square feet than me :)

I don't disagree with your view on how long it takes to do stuff, I was just referring to the expectations of a big box store and their processes.

I've popped in there after work and had 6 grips done while I waited and another time had some heads popped off, while I went next door and bought some beer, but typically it's been overnight or day after tomorrow turnarounds.

I like the folks at Golf Ranch and they are typically quicker, but it can be a bit of a hike from Austin.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Thanks Larryw, I’ll check it out

Just another idea for you. If you are looking for a practice facility to spend a couple of hours and work on all or specific clubs you might consider Teravista - in Round Rock.

If you ask permission you can usually go to the far end of the range and hit back toward the club house. The nice thing is that it is usually not crowded and they have a nice raised grass tee area. Plus they have a couple of fairway bunkers where you can practice hitting fairway bunker shots - great place to use all irons plus hybrids out of fairway bunker. Not many places have that available.

Also the raised tee area gives you the chance to move to the sides or front and work on side hill and downhill lies. Since it is usually not crowded you can even move back and work on uphill lies. Really makes a difference as opposed to only working on nice range level lies. The grass is not mowed short however so you have to look for places to practice "tight" downhill lies. I guess you can't have everything.

Good luck on finding places. I have not found one place that has it all so depends on what needs the work.

Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft
BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W
TM Sim2 19* hybrid
Maltby KE4 Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft
Maltby TSW-KRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil 75 R flex/spinner shaft
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Played Mo Willy yesterday, I would advise against playing it for a while. Greens are in horrible shape

.\

THANKS for the intel.....was planning Mo Willy early next week. Transition to another course.

Posts like this are REALLY helpful... I plan on posting a few more on course conditions around Austin as we move into spring and hope others will as well.....

Played Falconhead this afternoon and the course is starting to really green up already. All the rain is definitely helping but they’re still playing it cautiously.. cartpath only today but I imagine they’ll open it up tomorrow. Most of the fairways were completely dry.

Greens were super slow for their standards but I think they were letting them grow out before mowing super short for the high school tournament tmrw. Overall, it’s slowly taking early summer shape.

I’ll let you know how Onion looks after tomorrow’s round..

/ep

Taylormade M3 9.5° Tour AD DI 6S
Taylormade M5 15° PF V2 6F4
Taylormade M3-r 17° PF V2 F4-S
Titleist 913h 21° Diamana S+ Blue 82HY
Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Titleist SM7 Raw 46°, 54°, 60° PX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Quick update -

Onion Creek North is in unbelievable shape. Played it Friday morning and greens are so good. If you can find a time out there, highly recommend it.

Grey Rock was in okay shape today. Everything seems to be greening up though! Hope you guys are getting out and taking advantage.

/ep

Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Kizer is in great shape

+1 on Kizer, played today.... Shadowglen earlier this week. Greens, excellent for the time of year and they did not overseed. Fairways ave. for time of year and for what they have been in last 12 mos. Thin fairway areas on #2, #5, #13, ...Traps, while full of sand, are in mediocre shape, maintenance oversight there...something needs to be done with the tractor they use for the traps......Mentioned this to Eric in pro shop......Nonetheless, still my fav track east (other than Wolfdancer) :-)

Anyone else hear that Lakecliff got bought by ACC? Heard members complained about playtime with the course being down for the Dell Match Play.. seems unlikely that those members would drive all the way out to Lakecliff to play it but wanted to see if anyone else had knowledge.

Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Haven't heard that and I just played with a guy that's a member at Barton Creek and plays ACC often and has friends there. He was hoping Barton Creek would buy Lakecliff since they are putting so much money into improving right now.

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

Anyone else hear that Lakecliff got bought by ACC? Heard members complained about playtime with the course being down for the Dell Match Play.. seems unlikely that those members would drive all the way out to Lakecliff to play it but wanted to see if anyone else had knowledge.

ACC has been looking for a property to add for a few years now, it would take a wild turn for them not to take over Lakecliff at this point. I do not know a single member who would have voted "Yes" to hosting the Dell but politics will again win out when renewal conversations take place. With that said, the problem ACC has is not due to the tournament being hosted. They allowed 250-400 members too many, place is a zoo. I will be watching closely and looking forward to the results of ACC money on that location.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

ACC has been looking for a property to add for a few years now, it would take a wild turn for them not to take over Lakecliff at this point. I do not know a single member who would have voted "Yes" to hosting the Dell but politics will again win out when renewal conversations take place. With that said, the problem ACC has is not due to the tournament being hosted. They allowed 250-400 members too many, place is a zoo. I will be watching closely and looking forward to the results of ACC money on that location.

Yea good points.. well, whatever the reason, it’s a shame Lakecliff is just going to waste till someone buys it. Glad I at least went out there a bunch before it closed it’s doors. It was the hidden gem in town...

And speaking of Barton Creek improvements, Fazio Canyons new facilities are pretty amazing.

Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Glad BC is following through with the improvements, the initial plans for BC were incredible but lots of golf land was developed(same thing happened in Lakeway to the hills).

Lakecliff should be a great facility once ACC takes it over, place has always had potential.

Now we just need the city/UT to give Ben the green light on Muni.

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

Sadly this deal is no where near done. Until Jeff Kent stops having small man syndrome, it won’t get done.

Ping G410+ Motore Speeder Tour Spec 73X
TM M4 3W GD Tour AD Di 9x
TM M4 5W GD Tour AD Di 9x
NCW 4 - PW Ti S400
54 & 58 TVD Ti S400
Toulon San Diego

Sadly this deal is no where near done. Until Jeff Kent stops having small man syndrome, it won’t get done.

Yup I’ve heard from every single person that he’s brutal to deal with.. oh well. Guess playing out there again is just a pipe dream at this rate.

Titleist 714 AP2 PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Kizer is playing extremely firm right now, too. The greens are in great shape, but it is damn tough to get the ball close when pitching or lag putting.

Clay is similar but a wee bit more receptive right now.

Mo Willie's greens are finally mostly playable; for the next week or so, you're likely to card your best muni score here.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"

The Hills of Lakeway is a great club. I'm not a club guy by any means, but if I lived nearby, I'd almost certainly join.

For starters, they are incredibly accommodating to new member inquiries. While courting me, they set me up with an afternoon game with 9 other members + guests, and we had a great time on the Signature course.

A week later, they set me up with 2 of the better members to check out the Flintrock Falls course.

Their driving range is excellent, and their golf academy has 3 adjacent practice holes where you can put your new feels to the test in a "game time" environment.

I *think* they may have a Trackman in the academy, too, though we might need a member (or someone who knows) to pipe up on this one.

Bottom line: It's a damn good club.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"