2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422075974' post='10807901']Always like these type of units but have a ? Does this unit show speed a few feet after the ball, or is that swing byte that does this?

Personally , for fixing a swing on your own. This unit looks more beneficial than a launch monitor[/quote]

Personally if I could afford it, a launch monitor would be much more beneficial IMO. In regards to speed, see photo. It's calculated at impact:[attachment=2584899:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422129865.659133.jpg]

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422076069' post='10807907']also what is correlation of hand speed? Is that calculated from speed or closure of the face release?[/quote]

Hand speed is not calculated. Only head speed at impact. Zepp does both. I opted for Skypro due to the app features and putting.

[quote name='remiandkramer' timestamp='1422129728' post='10810645']Can anyone access the filter function in library? The help menu info doesn't seem to correspond with my iPhone app.[attachment=2584895:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422129717.991032.jpg][/quote]

Found it. Click the magnifying glass in the Swing Library to filter for iPhone app:

[attachment=2585149:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422137708.604835.jpg]

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422155101' post='10812639'][attachment=2585585:image.jpg]

Downloaded app.. See they have hand speed, how is this calculated. Is a percentage of clubhead speed or is it speed of handle or face rotation?[/quote]
Wow that's cool I stand corrected. It's not in the swing mode stats (see pic) but is in the pro data table. I was getting nervous that the iPhone didn't have the data point. No clue how they calculate it except to say that if they can calculate speed at one end of the shaft, I suppose the can do it at the other where your hands are. I'd be interested to see the math myself. [attachment=2585613:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422156319.725681.jpg][attachment=2585615:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422156329.340558.jpg]

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422495495' post='10838207']
Does this happen a lot ?

Ah shoot, I will buy one anyway. Looks fun
[/quote]

I researched before buying and didn't come across any major problems (ALL electronics will have a certain amount of early failures). I have two more important issues, but neither concern me to any great extent which is why I am looking to replace and not return.

(1) the device moves on the club which means a recalibration is required too often - and I think I can overcome this by aligning it in the direction it is moving (i.e. on the left of the shaft).
(2) The face angle at the backswing appears to be wrong, but seeing as I am not sure about the integrity of my particular device I am not concerned. I can also use a teacher and/or camera to work out what I should be seeing and mentally adjust if needed.

As long as I can work out the movement part then the rest provides usable data. I am trying to see what works for me and get an idea if I am consistent when I bad shot (to help me fix the problem).

One improvement for the software would be to organize swings. Imagine if we can mark swings on the smart device as good, average or bad, then chart swing patterns for each? To me that would be a useful tool for identifying what I should be doing and what I need to look out for.

[quote name='Raven Logics' timestamp='1422508926' post='10839411'][quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422495495' post='10838207']
Does this happen a lot ?

Ah shoot, I will buy one anyway. Looks fun
[/quote]

I researched before buying and didn't come across any major problems (ALL electronics will have a certain amount of early failures). I have two more important issues, but neither concern me to any great extent which is why I am looking to replace and not return.

(1) the device moves on the club which means a recalibration is required too often - and I think I can overcome this by aligning it in the direction it is moving (i.e. on the left of the shaft).
(2) The face angle at the backswing appears to be wrong, but seeing as I am not sure about the integrity of my particular device I am not concerned. I can also use a teacher and/or camera to work out what I should be seeing and mentally adjust if needed.

As long as I can work out the movement part then the rest provides usable data. I am trying to see what works for me and get an idea if I am consistent when I bad shot (to help me fix the problem).

One improvement for the software would be to organize swings. Imagine if we can mark swings on the smart device as good, average or bad, then chart swing patterns for each? To me that would be a useful tool for identifying what I should be doing and what I need to look out for.[/quote]

You can favorite swings and sort them later. Their help guide is apparently outdated as of their last update for iPhone. It's helpful as you suggested. Do you have the Orange white Skypro or the earlier one? I've found the clap outstanding.

I've got an idea for a new groove mode. I am trying to get my backswing a bit steeper but that is nothing the SkyPro can really help you with (maybe the plane mode a bit).

I thought it would be nice if you could get the angle of the club when the club points right back, both for backswing and downswing. And have a groove mode for that!

What do you think? This angle is something a lot of people check e.g. with an alignment stick in the ground or with a mirror.

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1422845419' post='10866013']Just got my skypro and charging it up. I'm hoping this model lasts and they don't come up with an new model that will make this one obsolete.

Is skypro current model good ? Or is a new improved one on the horizon ?[/quote]

I asked their customer service about this before the trade show. They said no new model was going to be introduced and we shouldn't anticipate one anytime soon. Hopefully they do plan on continual updates and improvements to their app.

I've been suspicious of the face angle and path direction at impact data values from my Skypro. I've recently discovered Rick Wright's Putting T-Bar (http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1129201-The-Putting-T-Bar%2C-Laser-Optics%2C-Rick-Wright) and that there's nothing wrong with my SkyPro, there is with my stroke, lol. You know golfer body language after a missed putt - never the golfer's fault? Yeah that's me with Skypro. I was wrong, Skypro is right. After putting with the T-Bar, the numbers magically get better, instantly. Like Skypro, the Putting T-Bar is an amazing tool except the T-Bar helps you feel the correct motion, evidenced by Skypro. [attachment=2598943:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422897913.948718.jpg]

[quote name='remiandkramer' timestamp='1423074158' post='10884017']
[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1423072428' post='10883829'][attachment=2602221:image.jpg]

Went to range today and used on driver. Weird as I only hit 240 ish. Are these right?[/quote]

Don't know, a lot of variables here like range balls vs the ball you normally play.
[/quote]
Ok : just curious on accuracy of these numbers vs flight monitors? But for the price . It is what it is i guess

And I find it hard to believe i enter 16 degrees from the Inside

[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1423074885' post='10884087'][quote name='remiandkramer' timestamp='1423074158' post='10884017']
[quote name='Module Mahoney' timestamp='1423072428' post='10883829'][attachment=2602221:image.jpg]

Went to range today and used on driver. Weird as I only hit 240 ish. Are these right?[/quote]

Don't know, a lot of variables here like range balls vs the ball you normally play.
[/quote]
Ok : just curious on accuracy of these numbers vs flight monitors? But for the price . It is what it is i guess

And I find it hard to believe i enter 16 degrees from the Inside[/quote]

Trust me I understand the mistrust in the numbers. I have only used the Skypro for putting so I can't really address your post directly except to say, im guessing Skypro determines 16* inside based on what it perceives your target line, based on your address face angle. I've noticed that the device is super sensitive, so if you're club face is closed to your perceived target line even a little, it'll exaggerate the amount it thinks you are coming inside to the ball.

You have to really make sure you understand how it derives the metric and consider what factors influence the data points. For putting it's all about that face angle at address which I like because I'm trying to train myself to putt without compensations by being absolutely certain my putter face is aligned to my chosen target line in my practice.

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1409684864' post='10051093']
Hi Guys,

Shawse - Hi i'm Gord, one of the original founders of SkyPro. It's hard to say what to work on first without more information, but I would suggest trying to get your takeaway angle closer to 0°. I think that could help keep your swing on a more vertical plane and keep your arms from working the club flat like you mentioned. I can also confirm that the takeaway angle @ half-back is our most popular parameter in groove sessions, so it seems that other people have found this helpful to work on as well. If you'd like to send me your swing, PM me and I can take a look.

DaveMac - I agree with what you said completely, and that visualization is a good idea. I'd also mention to ACP that working on getting a more forward shaft lean may help as well.

ChicagoCook - Glad you like the device! As BHB1 mentioned, Android is a priority right now for us, but we're looking on what to focus on next. You mentioned video - that's at the top of our list - but what other kinds of information would you like to see at transition?

Thanks to everyone for posting!

Gord
[/quote]

Gord,

I have tried getting answer with support but no one seems to know anything. Is video going to be added anytime soon to the Skypro? It would really be nice to get this feature on there. If so, is there a time frame we are looking at?

So, I've been considering buying one of these devices and like the features that SkyPro offers. I looked up the deal on Amazon and noticed that this device is discontinued. Also, looked on the website and YouTube videos and didn't see anything new for a while. Kind of scared by something that is phased out. Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1423625665' post='10929205']
So, I've been considering buying one of these devices and like the features that SkyPro offers. I looked up the deal on Amazon and noticed that this device is discontinued. Also, looked on the website and YouTube videos and didn't see anything new for a while. Kind of scared by something that is phased out. Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks
[/quote]

I don't think it is discontinued (not sure where you got that from, e.g. see http://www.golfskypro.com/en-GB/skypro). The reason there wasn't an software update recently for iOS is because they tried to get an Android version out. Now that the SkyPro is available for Android as well I am expecting some new updates for iOS in the coming month.

I got it from the Amazon's product description.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1423660177' post='10930455']
I got it from the Amazon's product description.
[/quote]

From Skypro live chat support:

[color=#3F3F3F][size=2][b]Nathan Booker: [/b]I am sorry. We do not have any update that it is going to be discontinued.[/size][/color]
[color=#3F3F3F][size=2][b]Nathan Booker: [/b]We still have the skypro in production and supporting.[/size][/color]
[color=#3F3F3F][size=2][b]Nathan Booker: [/b][/size][/color][color=#3F3F3F][size=2]I have checked with my supervisor and it is not discontinued.[/size][/color]

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1423650834' post='10930215']
[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1423625665' post='10929205']
[/quote]

I don't think it is discontinued (not sure where you got that from, e.g. see [url="http://www.golfskypro.com/en-GB/skypro"]http://www.golfskypro.com/en-GB/skypro[/url]). The reason there wasn't an software update recently for iOS is because they tried to get an Android version out. Now that the SkyPro is available for Android as well I am expecting some new updates for iOS in the coming month.
[/quote]

I hope it is an update adding video record. I don't really see why it it is not included when competitors have the feature.