2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

SWANRY30 WITB - 2014 FINALIZED?

Swan do you have that driver that was built for you at the Kingdom still?
maybe a dumb question too, but if you were fit for that driver and it was built for you to your specs on the van, why change?
or do you feel the tech in the CT 2.0 has given your game the advantage over the RBZ?

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swing changes in the past two years, I presume.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1394208720' post='8819495']
Swan do you have that driver that was built for you at the Kingdom still?
maybe a dumb question too, but if you were fit for that driver and it was built for you to your specs on the van, why change?
or do you feel the tech in the CT 2.0 has given your game the advantage over the RBZ?
[/quote]

Oh yeah! The RBZ tour is not going anywhere :). That being said the fitting at The Oven was superior to any fitting you could dream of having. The Covert Tour fits me better in ball flight and spin - however the OTR Covert 2.0 Tour blows away my Oven fit head :).

Technology has come a long way, my swing has evolved and the Nike equipment is an incredible fit for me.

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1394208171' post='8819419']
[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1394205309' post='8819093']
[quote name='zwhitworth' timestamp='1394153514' post='8815215']
Is that guy in the RBZ build video the guy who's handwriting is on every tour issue spec sticker? Every one of them seems to have the same handwriting ;)
[/quote]

Seriously, it would appear that every head was inspected and recorded by one guy... That guy isn't Wade - but his/her handwriting is unmistakable.
[/quote]

Pretty sure those are done at their vendor... not a TMAG employee. I heard that when I was on the TMAG tour van last summer-- also he makes mention in that video that they measure them for them and they're coming out pretty true to loft. That was how I interpreted it anyway.
[/quote]

You are correct :). It was upon their request that the vendor/manufacturing facility labeled heads to the tour department for easier builds.

I had the opportunity to test the PX LZ 7.0 60g on Trackman yesterday with some fun yet inconclusive results. I love the way the shaft looks installed in the Covert 2.0 Tour head. I will take some pictures and add it to this post later today - but the blue writing paired with the black and red is very attractive. Statically, the shaft feels light in comparison to my gamer - the 7.2TS - which is an obvious as it is at least 10g lighter. The balance point also feels different in the PX LZ to a .2TS in the same weight category. This will take a little bit to get use to as I have played the TS for over a year - but something that could be done with some course time. Like many of the True Temper graphite shafts - the shaft feels extremely stable on the back swing and downswing, which provides a sense of confidence. The opposite "feeling" in my experience would be the Kiyoshi White, tremendous feel and a unibend pattern on both sides of the swing - that for certain golfers creates confusion and a lack of trust in they don't know where the shaft is during the swing. The PX LZ has a very unique "kick" at impact, something that I would describe as a smooth snap. The words load zone had me initially thinking that I would really feel the shaft load and build during the swing - but due to the unique profile of the shaft you don't feel it load until....crack the ball is gone. The flight of the PX LZ was very strong and flat with very low spin, yet maintained a nice overall height. With the Covert 2.0 Tour I was getting spin that varied from 2300 (high) - 1590 (low)rpms (with [url="http://www.nike.com/"]Nike[/url] range balls) depending on how high on the face the ball was hit. The higher on the face the lower the spin. Cross-hair hits produced a perfect flight and was delivered with a powerful crack. Distance was on par to what I see with the TS, if anything a couple of yards average more in carry distance. Some people might consider playing this shaft a half flex soft with a low spinning head like the Covert 2.0 Tour, SLDR 460/430, BBA - in efforts to gain feel without losing performance.

The one thing that stands out across the board with True Temper is they understand how to make a lightweight shaft perform like a heavy shaft without sacrificing dispersion.

More to come as these are some of my initial thoughts... When I have enough time with the shaft I plan on producing a bullet point post on the shaft highlights.

The duplicate entry and other information on this shaft can be found at the link below!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/968335-true-temper-project-x-lz-shafts-from-at-the-2014-northern-trust-open/page__st__60#entry8842327"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/968335-true-temper-project-x-lz-shafts-from-at-the-2014-northern-trust-open/page__st__60#entry8842327[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to take the first step in confirming my Trackman results earlier this week by playing nine holes at the Oregon coast. The PX LZ continued to impress me with how stable and accurate it was. Playing at the coast you can expect a lot of wind, rain, sun, etc. in random patterns/waves - so having a shaft perform with the consistency that I experienced added some confidence in the technology and the lighter static weight that I was concerned about. How many times have we had a great range/Trackman session with a lighter shaft and taken it to the course only to find it "gone wild"? I was also impressed with the feel and acoustics at impact. Powerful... The ball flight proved to be slightly higher than I experienced on Trackman, but still maintained the bullet flat high trajectory. On the range the shaft wanted to go straight, then straighter, but I found that I could move it slightly in both directions (only a more controlled movement than expected). Needless to say, this shaft has made it to the next stage and will see 18 holes on Sunday followed by a full writeup/review.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you interested in the feedback process of the True Temper / GolfWRX testing program - here is a portion of my comments back to TT.

The PX LZ is a very unique shaft… Adding to some of the comments I gave in the Northern Trust Open thread - this shaft provides a unique blend of distance, accuracy and feel. For the past four or five years I have been looking for a shaft that is lighter than the 70g+ driver shafts that I typically play to keep the ball in play. The heavier shaft allows me to know where the club is during the swing and can provide a helpful "swing in tempo" reminder. When you combine a heavier shaft with a stiff tip or butt section many times you lose the feel or kick value of the shaft during the load/impact zone. In the past when I have decreased the static weight of the shaft with the stiff butt/tip profile it would be extremely stiff and had very little load into the ball. Putting it another way the heavier static weight of a 70g+ shaft made the stiff butt/tip profile playable because the extra weight provided a sense of shaft awareness in the swing. When you transitioned to a softer butt profile shaft in a 60-80g weight I came across the problem of losing the shaft due to the flex point being too close to the handle. Statically you could feel the mass, but you would lose it again in transition under your hands. My preference has been sticking to a butt/tip stiff shaft in the 70g+ range as a compromise to the to extremes. The PX LZ profile blends the stiff tip and butt section with a more active mid section which creates a shaft that you can play in a lighter static weight, feel the shaft through the swing and produce a strong accurate flight. For me the biggest surprise of this shaft was impact, as you are almost fooled into thinking this shaft is all about stability until crack it explodes off the face and the shaft unloads. This is unique because some shafts can push you into force loading/unloading the shaft into the ball as opposed to allowing the shaft to unload through impact. I am thoroughly impressed with this shaft and plan on taking it to the next stage by fine tuning the SW and putting it into meaningful play.

• 3 months later...

Was stoked to see this thread bumped. Ryan, hope you've been well.. miss seeing your posts on here bud! :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the latest Ryan? I see you're still showing the Motore, but I'm guessing you haven't posted recently based on Tai's comment.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

• 1 month later...

Forgot this thread was alive and not archived! I need to post new pictures for sure. The NIKE bag has been in tact with the only changes being PX LZ and MOTORE TS switch outs on occasion. I don't think that I can find a better shaft than the LZ - so straight - perhaps the only change needed is going to a 6.5 tipped instead of the 7.0 - or adjusting the loft up again on my driver. With not playing much this year with family and work responsibilities increasing tenfold I have gotten strong but am not as quick through the ball. Having a shaft with a little more feel would allow me not to force load the shaft and get handsy.

Looking forward to refocusing my game this fall winter to come full force come next year. Time away really puts everything in perspective and you enjoy the possibilities, friendships and relationships that golf and WRX has brought me over the years. All of you are family - I appreciate the PMs and text messages over the past 6 months!

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1413129007' post='10274295']
Looking forward to refocusing my game this fall winter to come full force come next year. Time away really puts everything in perspective and you enjoy the possibilities, friendships and relationships that golf and WRX has brought me over the years. All of you are family - I appreciate the PMs and text messages over the past 6 months!
[/quote]

i hear that Swan
i took most of last year off (well not 100% off, but played way less) and made a full return this season
it was a much needed break from the game and I had a TON of fun this year and even better - I played great

glad to see ya back again, always enjoy your posts

PS - how much Volt we gonna see in that bag next year?

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1413155264' post='10275731']
[/quote]

i hear that Swan
i took most of last year off (well not 100% off, but played way less) and made a full return this season
it was a much needed break from the game and I had a TON of fun this year and even better - I played great

[/quote]

I'm hooked... Didn't think I would ever say it. NIKE won me over. I tried to kick out. Was this close to a 430 SLDR until I hit it outside TRACKMAN. Volt in 15.

Looking forward to having my oldest girl playing with me this next near!

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1413174129' post='10277017']
[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1413155264' post='10275731']
[/quote]

i hear that Swan

[/quote]

I'm hooked... Didn't think I would ever say it. NIKE won me over. I tried to kick out. Was this close to a 430 SLDR until I hit it outside TRACKMAN. Volt in 15.

[b]Looking forward to having my oldest girl playing with me this next near![/b]
[/quote]
That's awesome. I've had my son out with me quite a few times this year. Maybe your daughter won't find the bunkers as appealing as my son. Takes alot of time to rake all of them!

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

If you tried the chrome in your driver how would it compare to your PX and TS?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1443456773' post='12378436']
wow...this needs updated :(

:smilie_nike:
[/quote]

Swanry escapes ISIS captivity. WITB update imminent!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1443560699' post='12386238']
So update it!!!!
[/quote]
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1443560786' post='12386242']
[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1443456773' post='12378436']
wow...this needs updated :(

:smilie_nike:
[/quote]

Swanry escapes ISIS captivity. WITB update imminent!
[/quote]

should have something up by this weekend - which will include a potential driver/fw shaft change...

UPDATED 10/04/15

[attachment=2981420:IMG_1550.JPG]

[color=#003366]Nike [/color]Vapor FLEX 10.5* NEUTRAL/LOW - Motore Speeder 7.2TSx
[color=#003366]Nike [/color]Vapor FLEX 14* NEUTRAL - Motore Speeder 8.2TSx
[color=#003366]Nike[/color] CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
[color=#003366]Nike[/color] Vapor PRO COMBO 3-PW - PX 6.5
[color=#003366]Nike[/color] MOD 30 - SS Flatso Ultra 1.1
[color=#003366]Nike[/color] Engage 54.09 SQUARE / 58.09 TOE SWEEP - S400

[attachment=2981414:IMG_1544.JPG]

[attachment=2981416:IMG_1546.JPG]

[attachment=2981418:IMG_1548.JPG]

oddly enough my "setup" changed quite a bit last night... it may sound small but i adjusted my driver from 9.5* RIGHT to 10.5* NEUTRAL and the three wood from 14* RIGHT to 14* NEUTRAL - major flight and dispersion improvement. i was also testing the KK XT in the driver and the ROMBAX p95 in the three wood - both of which i thought were going to make the cut. ultimately the TS shafts easily held position. i've tried to kick them out...

Is that a new putter cover, I don't think I've ever seen that one?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Is that a new putter cover, I don't think I've ever seen that one?

At first glance, I thought it was from the original Method release. However, it doesn't have the piping.

I think it is the stock Method Mod headcover, but I'll obviously defer to my man Swanry.

$_35.JPG

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

What do you like better about your TS over the LZ, 125, and HZRDUS?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70