Mizuno MP-32

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inquire about MP-32 being sunset, here is Mizuno reply:

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. The MP 32 irons will remain in our line for the 2008 year. At this time we cannot say for sure if the MP 32 will be retired. The life cycle for MP irons is usually 4 years and new products will be announced at our national sales meeting in August. We appreciate your time and interest.

Best Regards,

Mizuno USA

http://www.mizunousa.com

Consumer Support Division

1-800-966-1211

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gone from the MP 57 to 32? I'm interested in both. I'm a midteen handicap and I am constantly working on my swing. Hoping to get lower everyday. I had a chance to hit both 57 and 32 the other day and liked them the same (but I did only take about 5 shots with the 32 compared to about 20 or so with the 57s). They were both awesome with soft feel that I hadn't felt in any other iron I've owned or demo'd.

How much difference is there in forgiveness and sweet spot on the two clubs? Is it substantial? In my head, I think I should go with the more forgiving 57s, but on the other hand, I'm thinking my swing would become a lot better by learning how to play the more demanding 32s.

Also, did you notice any distance changes coming from other clubs? I'd be coming from cavity back Cleveland TA5s and for either club, I would go with DG S300.

Lots of questions, but I figure if I'm going to spend as much as these irons cost, I would like to make the best decision! Any insight would be great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Played 3 rounds with the MP 32s and I switched from Taylormade R7 TP .These are very straight I am a 9.7 handicap and I am having no problem working these left ,right ,straight I love these clubs I went out on my first 3 rounds on different courses and shot 80,81,80 Not bad for the first 3 times out and coming off a long cold winter in Chicago, Plus the ground is still really wet it was windy every day i went out it was about 55 degrees. I can't wait for it to warm up to see what i can really do with these. I would recommend MP32 to anyone below a 15 not saying that maybe a 20 could not hit them but you will enjoy them more when you know how to strike them better.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm very happy with my new iron set. I've gone through many sets irons for last 4 years, this is by far the best feeling/performing irons for me. In fact, i had mp-32's for about a month with DG SL few years ago, but i really didn't care for it back then. For this new set i got them with PX 5.5, and they are just...awesome.

with a decent swing, this is quite comfortable to hit throughout the set (i have 4 - PW). very consisteny feeling and ball flight. and i really don't see any loss in my distance, but actually it goes a little farther than my previous MP30's.

if you're shanking an iron shot, hitting it fat ,or thin, you really have to look at your swing first before blaming the club. When you hit the ball well, but the ball doesn't do as you expected (either not enough distance, too high/low, or not consisten ball flight, or it doesn't feel good), then you can start blaming the clubs.

I'm planning on playing this set for next few years. (well, i will try...).

highly recommend!!!

Inquire about MP-32 being sunset, here is Mizuno reply:

Thank you for contacting Mizuno USA. The MP 32 irons will remain in our line for the 2008 year. At this time we cannot say for sure if the MP 32 will be retired. The life cycle for MP irons is usually 4 years and new products will be announced at our national sales meeting in August. We appreciate your time and interest.

Best Regards,

Mizuno USA

http://www.mizunousa.com

Consumer Support Division

1-800-966-1211

Nice marketing response. The MP-32s will probably not even finish teh end of the 2008 season. They were discontinued in Europe last fall - I was told that the novelties will be available in September/October. Mizunos response makes sense if you want to get rid of your old stock.

Nevertheless,I play MP32s and love them - you can't go wrong with em, the only clubs I'll replace them with is.... the MP32 replacements eventually.

I've had my 32's for the past year and have played the best golf of my life with them. Best feeling irons I've ever hit bar none. I've gone from a 4 hcp to a 1.8 and can definitely attribute it to more GIR thanks to these babies. It's like throwing darts when your swing is on. The only way i'll get another set is probably when mizzy comes out with something comparable to replace them.

2016 TM M1 9.5 Rogue Stiff
Rogue Subzero 15*
915 7 Wood
I200 4-GW Nippon 105s
Glide 2.0 55,60 105s
Monza Spider

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

first post on the forum. Im from Australia and am a regular in a forum over there. In regards to the MP32s, i have had a set for about 2 months. LOVE THEM! I have S300s, which i lengthened half an inch. By doing this the swing weight will increase i know, but the swingweight feels quite heavy with them. I have swung other mizunos in the past (MP30 with s300, standard length) and they also felt heavy. Is it just something with the mizzy irons? Are they simpy are heavier head? I am mainly comparing this to my old clubs, which are macgregor M685 forged cavs with rifle flighted lite 5.5 shafts. These were half inch over with same grips. The overall weight for the 6 iron in MP32 is 457 grams (sorry metric) and the macgregor was 426 grams. So as you can see, quite a difference in the weights. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Chris

Just finished a solid four days of golf with my mp-32's. So far I am very impressed. The first round I was all over the place, but i really couldn't put that down to the clubs, but i did find them to be a lot more forgiving than i had expected. When I hit it thin i didn't loose much distance, it just had a lower than normal ball flight. I did find though that if you hit it off the toe it went no where, you really don't want to miss it that way.

The next 3 days I started to find the middle, and my good are they sweet clubs, great penetrating ball flight, and so easy to control the distance. I really am very happy with them, and was most impressed with the forgiveness considering they are almost a blade.

Ever since I got these at Christmas this past year, I have been thoroughly pleased with the feel and look of these irons. I do agree with previous posts that they impart alot of spin, they do. I am considering putting some Rifle shafts in that would reduce that... The 3 iron is a favorite of mine off the tee because I can play a bit of a draw and end up in the middle of the fairway 215-220 out. It does require a pure iron swing, which I am working on; they are somewhat forgiving, but in order to take full advantage of these irons, you need a descending blow into the ball with lag (not something the average amateur has).

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Will my MP-32's conform to the new USGA groove rule? :cry:

anybody out there with an answer to this question?

"Clubs manufactured prior to January 1, 2010 that conform to current regulations will continue to be considered conforming to the USGA Rules of Golf until at least 2024."

Pulled this from The Wire....August dissertation on the new USGA Ruling.

Thanks for the info... Happy New Year :partytime2:

Just made the jump from R7 Draw irons to these clubs. Got them used with PX 6.0 shafts and I'm willing to take the lumps while learning how to play them. They feel awesome when struck well, and sting quite a bit more when not (or it could be the 40 degree weather :tongue: ). Just have to make the transition to the difference in club lengths plus get a new wedge to fill the 51 degree hole. Cheers. :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
Played them with the DG S300 shafts in them and they were just lovely :man_in_love: . It's that my Nike VR TW Forged Blades are performing this well otherwise I might think of putting them back in the bag!

How on earth do you keep them looking like they just came off the rack? :o

To be honest picture is the set before I took them to the course. I'm selling imported sets from the USA and UK in the Netherlands so had several sets, it's a hobby buying nice sets try them out and then sell them. The MP32 stayed for a couple of months in the bag..

I picked up a set with a low low bid on eBay . . . didn't have a need for them as my Callaway X-14 Pro Series were doing the job just fine . . . except on tight dry lies.

Suppose not too many people are looking for another review, but I figured I'd add my experience with them so far.

I had the lofts tweaked to 6* gaps with the 4,6,7,9,P all going 1-2 degree weak or strong to fit 24/30/36/42/48. They are all shafted with DG S300's- a shaft that I normally do not play with stock lengths. And I'm trying a "work the ball on every shot" strategy with my irons this year instead of my stock- "hit and hope".

Feel is just fine. Same as what the others have said over and over again. It's Mizuno.

Distance- with the tweaked lofts, they are equivalent to other clubs that I've hit at similar lofts.

Forgiveness- so far I've only thinned a couple shots or hung them out to the right, etc. Nothing ground breaking here.

I would like add that I believe my Callaways are really forgiving because on shots that I hit and have no idea what happened at impact, but the ball tracks online and carries the right distance is less about foregiveness more of a lack of feel . . . as in I could not feel that I flushed the shot.

• 3 weeks later...

just got a set off ebay to replace some mx-23's. a few observations:

1) despite having weaker lofts than many modern sets, i have only given up 3 or 4 yards in distance. this may be due to ball flight or shaft (went from rifle 5.0 to DGS300

2) ball flight is higher than any cavity backs i've played (taylormade 360's and mx-23's), although this could be due to the slightly weaker lofts

3) spin imparted to the ball is evident from 9 irons backing up a few feet and 7 irons sticking right where they landed. could be due to the box groove design? probably also contributes to the climbing trajectory mentioned earlier.

4) these clubs are much easier to hit from uneven lies and from the rough. not really sure why, maybe it has something to do with the more compact club head and thinner sole width - less stuff to run into the ground or grass before your clubhead meets the ball.

5) forgiveness - these don't play like blades at all. i have a set of mp-29's with DGS300 and the two are nothing alike. off-center hits don't sting as much and don't lose as much distance. still gives enough feedback to let you know you hit the ball wrong

i put these in play over the weekend and broke 80 for the first time, although i think it's more due to endless practice of partial distance wedge shots from 100 yards and in and putting more than anything else. but if you're a mid-capper feeling like you're outgrowing GI cavities, i think you'll be really happy with these irons. i'm really glad i got them.

just got a set off ebay to replace some mx-23's. a few observations:

1) despite having weaker lofts than many modern sets, i have only given up 3 or 4 yards in distance. this may be due to ball flight or shaft (went from rifle 5.0 to DGS300

2) ball flight is higher than any cavity backs i've played (taylormade 360's and mx-23's), although this could be due to the slightly weaker lofts

3) spin imparted to the ball is evident from 9 irons backing up a few feet and 7 irons sticking right where they landed. could be due to the box groove design? probably also contributes to the climbing trajectory mentioned earlier.

4) these clubs are much easier to hit from uneven lies and from the rough. not really sure why, maybe it has something to do with the more compact club head and thinner sole width - less stuff to run into the ground or grass before your clubhead meets the ball.

5) forgiveness - these don't play like blades at all. i have a set of mp-29's with DGS300 and the two are nothing alike. off-center hits don't sting as much and don't lose as much distance. still gives enough feedback to let you know you hit the ball wrong

i put these in play over the weekend and broke 80 for the first time, although i think it's more due to endless practice of partial distance wedge shots from 100 yards and in and putting more than anything else. but if you're a mid-capper feeling like you're outgrowing GI cavities, i think you'll be really happy with these irons. i'm really glad i got them.

Umm. The loft on the 32s is a degree STRONGER not weaker my friend. The PW starts at 47. 2 degrees weak would be 50.