Satang

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1365371555' post='6780569']
[quote name='ABgolfer2' timestamp='1365302607' post='6776965']
[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1365291627' post='6775763']
The problem I have with wool covers is they provide little protection against dings.
[/quote]

For walkers they're enough.
[/quote]

Even walkers can get dinged around a bit.
[/quote]

I'll have to take your word for it. Can't say I've ever put a ding on a wood or hybrid while walking. From hitting balls off sandy lies or poor contact sure, but not while walking.

MP600
Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
Cleveland TA1 3-9
Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
Cleveland Classic 2

[quote name='ManBearPig98' timestamp='1365344101' post='6778557']
Here is a pic of mine. They are long, but I have no concerns that they will fall off. The driver is the loosest(no idea if that is a word), but the others are very snug.

Chris

[attachment=1621709:IMG_0361.jpg]
[/quote]

Are these black/red/gold? I have a set coming, fingers crossed they look as good as those!

[quote name='gentles' timestamp='1365406635' post='6783347']
Here is a pic of mine. They are long, but I have no concerns that they will fall off. The driver is the loosest(no idea if that is a word), but the others are very snug.

Chris

[/quote]

Are these black/red/gold? I have a set coming, fingers crossed they look as good as those!
[/quote]

Yes, those are black/red/gold.

Chris

Ok, played 18 yesterday, walking with push cart. Not overly hilly but a few holes that were all up hill and some elevation changes.

I have the gold/red/blue set, Driver, 3wd,Utility (on 5W) and 2 hybrids - I use a 9.5 inch callaway bag.

I had NO issues with anything related to the covers.

As to dings, I ahve used wool covers EXCLUSIVELY for roughly 7ish years, I have walked, with clubs in a stand bag, on a variety of carts and with different types of pull/push carts - I HAVE NEVER, EVER had a single ding - on ANY KNIT COVERED CLUB. NEVER. If you are getting dings on clubs you are a club slammer or you don't pay attention to what you are doing. These cover are THICKER than the Travis covers they replaced, and if you get dings now, to be honest - I'd say you almost deserve them - because you either don't pay attention or you are being abusive to the sticks.

I played with a fellow yesterday - a real club thrower, was funny the rest of us really stayed clear of him - HE gets dings!!

So, to summarize, yes the driver cover is a looser fit relative to the others, but it's still plenty tight enough around the club, I did not have any issues with the pom pulling the cover off - the 3W was similar but less loose - again, relative to the rest.

This set does seem - but that's purely conjecture - to fit slightly snugger than the black/black set I had.

I cannot speak to the ills of others, but I can say from my use these were an absolute steal at $6 each.

PS - the leather part is perfectly fine as well.

I ordered two sets: one (Driver, 3 wood, hybrid) in black/red/white and 2nd (driver, 3 wood, hybrid and utility) in back/white/yellow/argyle. Think they are pretty well made and a very good value for the price paid. I plan on using the 1st set, and the 2nd was an impulse buy based on my allegiance to Pittsburgh area sports teams.

On the 1st set, I ordered poms and received tassels. Frankly, preferred the latter, and I have no complaints. One time when an order screwup worked in my favor, I guess.

Thanks to the OP- this was a very good deal for any reasonable golfer.

If anyone has a set of black/white with stripes that they want to sell shoot me off a pm.

Taylormade Jetspeed TP 10.5* w/ Fujikura Speeder 661
Taylormade SLDR 3HL TP 17* w/ Fujikura Speeder VC 7.0
Taylormade Tour Preferred UDI 18* w/ KBS C-Taper Lite
Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW w/ DG XP S300
Taylormade Tour Preferred Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*
Taylormade Spider Blade Counterbalance 32

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365541484' post='6795481']
nice... we have our first [s] dirtbag [/s] errr..... member trying to profit off this deal.
[/quote]

I didn't see it on the bst unless they removed it.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

[quote name='gentles' timestamp='1365406635' post='6783347']

Chris

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a set of Black/red/gold on the way too. Looks good.

Rogue 9* / PX Even Flow Blue
G 5W 16.9* / TFC Tour 80
G30 4H 22* / TFC Tour 90
G25 5-UW / DG XP X100
MD2 C-Grind 58-14* / DG S300
Odyssey WHP #7

[quote name='CCUgolfer23' timestamp='1365544150' post='6795753']
nice... we have our first [s] dirtbag [/s] errr..... member trying to profit off this deal.
[/quote]

[/quote][quote name='CCUgolfer23' timestamp='1365544150' post='6795753']
[/quote]

[/quote]
The entire ad magically disappeared.

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

I bought a full set of the brown argyle and used them this past weekend. I cut the pompoms off considering their size. Wasnt really impressed - didnt like how they looked in the bag. They are pretty well made though especially for 6 bucks. Gonna go a different route.

[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana 'ahina 72g[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 906F4 3w w/UST Proforce V2
Titleist 910H 19* w/UST Proforce V2
Titleist 712U 3iron w/PX 6.0 Flighted
Bridgestone J38 CB 4-PW w/PX 5.5 95g
Titleist AP2 710 GW w/PX 5.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Miura Forged 56* w/DG Spinner
Bettinardi BB1-H[/font][/size]

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1365555306' post='6796963']
[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365555101' post='6796939']
The entire ad magically disappeared.
[/quote]

What were they asking for them?
[/quote]

$50 for a set of 4, could've been worse.

Odyssey ProType #3

I don't think $50 for a set of 4 is unreasonable. It cost him around $31 with shipping to buy from RBG? If you add what it cost him to ship to his buyer assuming he sends it usps priority plus paypal fee's he would make a total profit of about $5? I wouldn't think most people would have an issue with him making a $5 profit for his time especially if it was a color scheme that was out of stock and couldn't be purchased from RBG directly.

For the record it wasn't me that had the bst listing. Just bought one set of pink for the wife and she still has them on her clubs. Just trying to give an objective perspective before the lynch mob starts.

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1365610876' post='6801411']
So no one is making a profit on the BST?
[/quote]

I haven't seen many. Most are $6 + shipping.

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='ryan.s' timestamp='1365610599' post='6801345']
I don't think $50 for a set of 4 is unreasonable. It cost him around $31 with shipping to buy from RBG? If you add what it cost him to ship to his buyer assuming he sends it usps priority plus paypal fee's he would make a total profit of about $5? I wouldn't think most people would have an issue with him making a $5 profit for his time especially if it was a color scheme that was out of stock and couldn't be purchased from RBG directly.

For the record it wasn't me that had the bst listing. Just bought one set of pink for the wife and she still has them on her clubs. Just trying to give an objective perspective before the lynch mob starts.
[/quote]

I agree - folks often forget about paypal fees and shipping. For 4 that is pretty reasonable IMO basically a break even point.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

[/quote]

no, it wasn't you, but I know who it was and wil give his name to anyone who wants it via PM. Not looking for a lynch mob, but you should probably check your math. They were $5.99 each, so 4 was $24 plus the $6 RBG charged for shipping. I sold my set of 4 for $30. $6 each plus $6 for shipping. So I lost paypal fees of what? 3%?? so less than a buck for fees. Sorry... I don't expect or want a lynch mob, but clearly the sellers conscience kicked in and he realized it was wrong as well. He deleted it quicker than most could reply.
So let's not muddy the facts, that's nearly a $20 profit, not $5. And IMO, not right.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='newportbeach' timestamp='1365616333' post='6802541']

[/quote]

I agree - folks often forget about paypal fees and shipping. For 4 that is pretty reasonable IMO basically a break even point.
[/quote]

LOL!! I'm sure you do agree! But you know that's not break even. I didn't forget anything. Paypal fees were less than $1. Shipping via USPS priority mail can be done easily for less that RBG was charging, but let's call it $6. Break even would've been $31-$32. Not $50.

Odyssey ProType #3

[i]"[color=#282828][size=4]Shipping via USPS priority mail can be done easily for less that RBG was charging, but let's call it $6."[/size][/color][/i]

[color=#282828][size=4]Um, no, sorry. [/size][/color][size=4]4 pom-pom headcovers (D/3W/Hy/Ut) weigh more than one pound, and shipping them cross country can run you $10. Trust me on this, I know because I shipped one set this week from UT to NJ (break even transaction). They wont fit into a flat rate envelope, at least if you have any regard for the buyer. Regional flat rate boxes or Tyvek envelopes were the way to go, and they cost the same.[/size]

put them in a prepaid USPS Box or envelope and they ship anywhere for that price. Trust me, I just shipped a set of four this week. $6 all day long.

and even if we use your $10 price, that's still a profit of $15-$16. till not killing anyone, but why upcharge your fellow members? Just like buying a club, trying it and deciding you don't like or want it. Flip it, that's not an issue, but flipping it to make a few measley bucks, IMO, is.

Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='albatrosser' timestamp='1365624129' post='6803859'] put them in a prepaid USPS Box or envelope and they ship anywhere for that price. Trust me, I just shipped a set of four this week. $6 all day long. and even if we use your $10 price, that's still a profit of $15-$16. till not killing anyone, but why upcharge your fellow members? Just like buying a club, trying it and deciding you don't like or want it. Flip it, that's not an issue, but flipping it to make a few measley bucks, IMO, is. [/quote]

That I agree with you 100% on. Your profit calculation ignores original shipping cost: if it was $31 to the original purchaser, and he/she receives $48 after Paypal fees, and spends somewhere between $6-$10 to ship, the profit is $7-$11.

[size=4]All that said, I 100% agree that on this deal, I would feel very uneasy making a profit selling to a fellow WRX'er just because I jumped on it before they sold out.[/size]

[size=4](as an aside, you are clearly a smarter shipper than me- I couldnt get them inside a small flat rate box or a padded envelope without worrying about mangling the poms. fortunately, since I was not looking to make a buck, but rather pass on the deal to a fellow WRX'r, he sent me $5 more. transactions like that are why I love this site- most of the time, they are between gentlemen who golf.)[/size]

[quote name='mahanate' timestamp='1365623909' post='6803821']
[i]"[color=#282828][size=4]Shipping via USPS priority mail can be done easily for less that RBG was charging, but let's call it $6."[/size][/color][/i]

[color=#282828][size=4]Um, no, sorry. [/size][/color][size=4]4 pom-pom headcovers (D/3W/Hy/Ut) weigh more than one pound, and shipping them cross country can run you $10. Trust me on this, I know because I shipped one set this week from UT to NJ (break even transaction). They wont fit into a flat rate envelope, at least if you have any regard for the buyer. Regional flat rate boxes or Tyvek envelopes were the way to go, and they cost the same.[/size]
[/quote]

Um no, sorry, 4 pom pom covers fit into a one gallon freezer bag quite nicely when folded like they came from RBG and the have the air taken out of the bag. The fit easily into Flat rate AND Tyvek envelopes without issue, and arrive looking brand new. Thankfully I didn't have to ship from Utah, but I thought the USPS was a federal deal and "flat rate" meant flat rate no matter where it was from or going. Perhaps not.
Again, the point isnt that it cost you a whopping $4 more, it still leads to a profit no matter who you are or where you live. And it's not a $5 profit.

Odyssey ProType #3