QMany's Swing/Sticks (KS Mid-Am Team Champion p. 125)

QMany

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1376939426' post='7706770']
LV_2 how much longer than standard is your gear? How many deg flat?
[/quote]

1.5 inches longer with irons. FW/Hy is .5 inches longer. Driver standard length. Lie angles are all standard. So 3 degrees up right due to extra length.

Lots of Callaway Stuff

dan said he had fun with you guys ....... my sorry tail has him for the next 2 days. played st. johns country club up the road after working inside with him this morning and somehow managed to scrape out a 71 with only 6 fairways. he is frightening at how quickly he can get things going the right direction

hit is with so much authority
that when you find it
and it sees you, it is trembling.

Quick little review of the trip:

38 out of 72 hours sitting in a car= Back pain
42 cokes and 52,472 sunflower seeds= Stomach ache
Snuggling with wife in hotel twin bed= No sleep
Wife griping about nothing to do but golf on trip= No hanky panky for a while
Spending 8 hours with the Wizard= Priceless

Luckily we had done most of our work in the spring so my before swing was pretty close. Misses before were pulls and some wipey fades. My issue is my hips always out race my arms and my right shoulder works too much toward my right foot instead of the ball/right arm stays bent too long. We worked day 1 on the karate chop (getting my left arm to stay in front of me/away from my chest on the downswing) with good results. Saturday morning we worked on keeping my hips from opening so fast and started hitting it really well.

On the course I played fairly well. Had 2 loose drives that caused a couple of quick bogeys but finished the day with only 3 or 4 bad swings and made a handful of birdies. The good news for me is I've worked on the 2 changes in the past month. What I hadn't done is implemented them at the same time. I've been working on keeping my hips back for a while, but the problem was my right shoulder would still drop and i'd get too steep/collapsed which would cause my pulls/high rights. Irons improved IMMEDIATELY. Probably the best I've hit my mid irons all year. Driver was a bit pissy. Going down to Jax I'd been driving it really well and struggling with irons. Dan mentioned I can get away with keeping my right arm bent longer/right shoulder down with driver but it's hard to do it with irons. Ball flight is very straight to slight fades. I still have a hard time drawing it which isn't that big of a deal to me. I'm ok with straight... :taunt:

He tweaked my short game just a bit. Had gotten too wristy in the takeaway causing my angles to get too acute. Worked on that for 10 minutes and everything was back to normal.

If your in the area or have been thinking about planning a trip to see Dan, DO IT. Now that he has the indoor facility, weather is not a problem. He's incredibly good at fixing YOUR problems. The solutions aren't always an easy fix, but he will definitely point you in the right direction.

Lots of Callaway Stuff

@SBlack - played St Johns with my son. I thought it was a nice track. 71 is solid on that place from the tips. I thought it was tight so I didn't hit many drivers. Dan told me he thought it was wide lol. Everything is relative I guess.

Can't wait to see the indoor facility some time. I agree with lv_2, Dan can fix anyone. Everyone has different issues for the most part too and he does not put you into the same cookie cutter mold, he will identify what you do well and teach you how you should swing, which by the way is not always like Hogan.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1376955793' post='7708460']
Lv_2 and Q- What clubs are you guys playing? Thx
[/quote]

Stage 2 Tour (9°) Oban Devotion 6 05
Stage 2 Tour (14.5°) Black Tie 7m3
Stage 2 Tour (19.5°) Black Tie Hm3 95
Rocketbladez Tour (4-AW) KBS Tour X +1/2"
ATV (56° and 61°) KBS Tour X +1/2"

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1376961001' post='7709056']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1376955793' post='7708460']
Lv_2 and Q- What clubs are you guys playing? Thx
[/quote]

Stage 2 Tour (9°) Oban Devotion 6 05
Stage 2 Tour (14.5°) Black Tie 7m3
Stage 2 Tour (19.5°) Black Tie Hm3 95
Rocketbladez Tour (4-AW) KBS Tour X +1/2"
ATV (56° and 61°) KBS Tour X +1/2"
[/quote]

Spoken like a true golf wrx club ho.

Lots of Callaway Stuff

[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1376953879' post='7708260']
dan said he had fun with you guys ....... my sorry tail has him for the next 2 days. played st. johns country club up the road after working inside with him this morning and somehow managed to scrape out a 71 with only 6 fairways. he is frightening at how quickly he can get things going the right direction
[/quote]

You hitting fades yet?

Lots of Callaway Stuff

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1376961329' post='7709100']
Thanks- I was just curios. Both are very solid bags.
[/quote]
I was fortunate enough to be selected to go to Doral, courtesy of TMaG, earlier this year for the Stage 2 event. I was fitted for driver/3W/hybrid and won two putters. While I was there, I made friends with the TMaG representative, and he let me hit his new Rocketbladez Tours. I was smitten, and I ordered them one week after returning home.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='lv_2_hack' timestamp='1376961483' post='7709130']
[/quote]

You hitting fades yet?
[/quote]

yes, path is averaging about 1* left with a 2* open face .....I'm a fellow taller person and we are using an upright pattern with me as far as not letting my left forearm ever get closer to my shoulder in the downswing. feels super un-athletic but my arms dont get trapped anymore and I've actually picked up some speed.

dan said its a jack Nicklaus/ Jon senden/ Robert rock type pattern... and it is easier to repeat then last time I came down..

I would have enjoyed being down here with you and q and meeting you guys

that when you find it

[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1376965689' post='7709696']
[/quote]

You hitting fades yet?
[/quote]

yes, path is averaging about 1* left with a 2* open face .....I'm a fellow taller person and we are using an upright pattern with me as far as not letting my left forearm ever get closer to my shoulder in the downswing. feels super un-athletic but my arms dont get trapped anymore and I've actually picked up some speed.

dan said its a jack Nicklaus/ Jon senden/ Robert rock type pattern... and it is easier to repeat then last time I came down..

[/quote]

Would have been lots of fun.

Do you have long arms? Can't remember if you said you did or not. If you do the Nicklaus pattern makes perfect sense. I have little alligator arms so I would have a hard time getting that vertical. Gotta love the 1 left 2 open if its consistent. Gets rid of those left balls you've been fighting.

Lots of Callaway Stuff

[quote name='lv_2_hack' timestamp='1376967260' post='7709914']
[quote name='sblack5' timestamp='1376965689' post='7709696']
[/quote]

You hitting fades yet?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Would have been lots of fun.

Do you have long arms? Can't remember if you said you did or not. If you do the Nicklaus pattern makes perfect sense. I have little alligator arms so I would have a hard time getting that vertical. Gotta love the 1 left 2 open if its consistent. Gets rid of those left balls you've been fighting.
[/quote]

omg yes.....I'm a knuckle dragging fool. just have to have a one way miss to take the plunge and compete professionally. dan will help me with that for sure

that when you find it

[quote name='MizunoJunky' timestamp='1376972332' post='7710358']
Man that trip sounds awesome! How many hours did you guys spend with Dan for the weekend? Is playing a course part of the deal, does Dan play too or just provide on course insight?
[/quote]
total of about 12 hours over 3 days usually including course time and yes he plays too. thats why lv and Q drove 19 hours and I drove 10 to see him....he's that good

that when you find it

Man that trip sounds awesome! How many hours did you guys spend with Dan for the weekend? Is playing a course part of the deal, does Dan play too or just provide on course insight?
[/quote]
We spent the entire day with him on Saturday, 8:00 AM until around 5:30 PM. We got in a little early than expected on Friday, and he was gracious enough to sneak us in for an hour before dinner. Dan often does a "playing lesson" as part of his multi-day packages. Dan played with us. I rode in the cart with him, so I got to pick his brain and had him think through a few shots out loud for me. It was invaluable. If you ever get that opportunity to get to work with him in person, I would recommend it. He is great in his video lessons, but even better live. His prices are very reasonable and are a steal if you can do the lesson with another person or two.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1376973297' post='7710432']
[/quote]
We spent the entire day with him on Saturday, 8:00 AM until around 5:30 PM. We got in a little early than expected on Friday, and he was gracious enough to sneak us in for an hour before dinner. Dan often does a "playing lesson" as part of his multi-day packages. Dan played with us. I rode in the cart with him, so I got to pick his brain and had him think through a few shots out loud for me. It was invaluable. If you ever get that opportunity to get to work with him in person, I would recommend it. He is great in his video lessons, but even better live. His prices are very reasonable and are a steal if you can do the lesson with another person or two.
[/quote]

I would say that playing lesson, thinking holes aloud with you is worth the price of admission alone.

Tembolo stop thinking and hit it here. OK. Now aim there and hit that shot. OK. Do it again! OK! Yes baby! Eagle!

And you ask why and how and for what and he'll explain all the reasoning behind it for your game.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Q on that note now that you've seen him in person....how would you compare the online lessons you took with Dan vs. seeing him in person?

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1376999694' post='7711182']
Q on that note now that you've seen him in person....how would you compare the online lessons you took with Dan vs. seeing him in person?
[/quote]

The SwingFix lessons are great! The videos are concise but very informational. He can spot a problem quickly and knows the best way for you to address that problem. I was striking the ball pretty darn well 1-2 weeks after the video lesson, qualifying for the Missouri Amateur. If that is the only possible way for someone to work with Dan, it is worth its cost ten-fold.

That being said, if anyone can visit Dan in person, you owe it to yourself to do so. It makes the process much faster. MAYBE I would have eventually got into the correct positions. Being there on the range with him or in the room watching video, he is able to show you those positions and feels. He puts you in the correct position. That is invaluable and saves so much time doing trial and error. I could feel where I should be, and how weird that felt, and know it was OK to make that move and feel that during my swing. Then, on top of that, you get to check your numbers on Flightscope and get on-course playing lessons.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1377001702' post='7711336']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1376999694' post='7711182']
[/quote]

The SwingFix lessons are great! The videos are concise but very informational. He can spot a problem quickly and knows the best way for you to address that problem. I was striking the ball pretty darn well 1-2 weeks after the video lesson, qualifying for the Missouri Amateur. If that is the only possible way for someone to work with Dan, it is worth its cost ten-fold.

That being said, if anyone can visit Dan in person, you owe it to yourself to do so. It makes the process much faster. MAYBE I would have eventually got into the correct positions. Being there on the range with him or in the room watching video, he is able to show you those positions and feels. He puts you in the correct position. That is invaluable and saves so much time doing trial and error. I could feel where I should be, and how weird that felt, and know it was OK to make that move and feel that during my swing. Then, on top of that, you get to check your numbers on Flightscope and get on-course playing lessons.
[/quote]

I'm officially aroused.

Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*

[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1377002725' post='7711398']
Sounds awesome, next time you go from kc, ill have to sell a kidney and hitch a ride. :) did you see a distance increase qmany (saw you maintained lag better in your swing)
[/quote]
I may have increased a little speed on my mid-irons. It seems I'm hitting 7-5 about 4-5 yards farther than previously. Short irons and wedges are the same. I MAY have lost 5 yards or so with driver and 3W. I know that is just me. Driver and 3W have always been the worst clubs in my bag, so it seems like I'm thinking and consciously working harder to get those right. I want to get those in sync, and then I can speed things up. Even while I'm getting more comfortable, 5 yards is negligible if I'm hitting the short grass.

More than anything, my distances and accuracy are much more consistent. Before, I could hit a perfect 178 yard 7i and then follow it with a 190 yard pull and a 165 yard push. My "misses" are much tighter. My distances are spot on and my groupings are much tighter. I remember seeing my pattern on the 7i, the deviations between my worst misses was only about 7 yards. Before, I could hit a 30 yard hook at any time.

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1377021257' post='7713424']
How's the short game?
[/quote]
It is just getting better. Chase and Dan both noticed my lower body was too active during short chips and pitches. I'd never realized. I have been trying to quiet it down a little bit, specifically my right knee. It is been helping. Dan's technique is not too far off what I'd previously used. The only shot I really wanted to learn from him was the short, high, soft one. Lv_2_hack would just exploit me on this shot in our short game competitions.

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1377109796' post='7720318']
clank roper.
[/quote]
I don't know what that even means ...

Taylormade TP5