NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1399745863' post='9269211']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1399744478' post='9269099']
If anyone is interested in a 2Deep I have one on BST. PM me if you're interested, I have a lower price in mind than the listed price that I'm willing to sell for. I will definitely give my best price to one of you guys and maybe we could even work out local pickup to save you a few bucks.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1016703-brand-new-callaway-x2hot-pro-2deep-125-oban-devotion/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-oban-devotion/[/url]
[/quote]

I might know of somebody that is interested. I will show him and let you know. He wants my XHOT 3 wood from last year but I am not willing to part with it. The deep is just a version more adept at hitting from the tee correct?
[/quote]

Yep, just a deeper faced version of the X2Hot Pro. The one I'm selling is the 12.5*, so much more of a driver replacement/ alternative than something from the turf. Nowhere near as much of a driver replacement as the SLDR Mini, more compact. Definitely compact enough for better ball strikers to use effectively off the deck. Unfortunately, I am not in that category.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1399744478' post='9269099']
If anyone is interested in a 2Deep I have one on BST. PM me if you're interested, I have a lower price in mind than the listed price that I'm willing to sell for. I will definitely give my best price to one of you guys and maybe we could even work out local pickup to save you a few bucks.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1016703-brand-new-callaway-x2hot-pro-2deep-125-oban-devotion/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-oban-devotion/[/url]
[/quote]

So tempting, if that shaft was an X I'd be all over it.

[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1399242877' post='9231031']
Anyone played Hawk's Nest in Creston since The Ohio State University took it over?
Drove late Saturday afternoon and it was looking good.
[/quote]

I was going to school at ATI majoring in Turfgrass during fall semester of 2012, I enjoyed it although I never got a chance to come back to play the backside. I know that when I was down there they were trying to restore the bunkers or kind of restructure them, because the design firm mainly did courses in Florida and screwed up some of the bones to the course from what my Instructor told me. I bet in a couple years it will be fantastic, it is a shame it is so far away for me.

Ping G Elements Chrome 5F4
Srixon F65 17 Stock Stiff

Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 Stock Recoil

Titleist AP2 716 DG SL TI S300 4-PW

Titleist SM5 Tour Chrome 50/08 F, 54/10 M and SM7 58/14 K Grind S300

Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Indy

Sorry guys, that club sold for my asking price in like 20 minutes. Back to my beer...

Sent from my iPhone using the GolfWRX Anti-Productivity App

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='LaBraeGolfer' timestamp='1399760566' post='9269993']
[quote name='esketores' timestamp='1399242877' post='9231031']
Anyone played Hawk's Nest in Creston since The Ohio State University took it over?
Drove late Saturday afternoon and it was looking good.
[/quote]

I was going to school at ATI majoring in Turfgrass during fall semester of 2012, I enjoyed it although I never got a chance to come back to play the backside. I know that when I was down there they were trying to restore the bunkers or kind of restructure them, because the design firm mainly did courses in Florida and screwed up some of the bones to the course from what my Instructor told me. I bet in a couple years it will be fantastic, it is a shame it is so far away for me.
[/quote]

I have played Hawks Nest several times now. As recently as October. It was in great shape and is a really fun layout. One of my favorite courses but too bad it is an hour drive !

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I'm off as well and would love to play, but the forecast does not look promising for playing golf. Maybe for building an ark.

[quote name='Guharon' timestamp='1400177487' post='9302499']
Hey NE-Ohio'ers,

I'm a newer golfer, and I was hoping to take some lessons in the Cleveland area to improve my game.

I would love a couple of suggestions for reputable pros in the area if you guys know of anyone.

Thanks,
Ron
[/quote]

Bob Bourne at Stonewater is first-rate. I would call him before I called anyone else. Some say Gary Trivisonno is a pretty good teacher. He was a great player in his day, but sometimes that doesn't translate.

PING G410 Max 10.5º w/ Ping Tour 65 X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

PING i25 18º w/ PWR 75 S

Srixon ZX Utility 4i w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 95 S

New Level 902 PD Forged 5-P w/ KBS Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner

Scotty Cameron Futura X7M Dual Balance

[quote name='Guharon' timestamp='1400177487' post='9302499']
Hey NE-Ohio'ers,

I'm a newer golfer, and I was hoping to take some lessons in the Cleveland area to improve my game.

I would love a couple of suggestions for reputable pros in the area if you guys know of anyone.

Thanks,
Ron
[/quote]

I asked the same question last fall, and got a couple responses. Here's a link to my question, I got some good suggestions following the post if you don't mind doing a little reading: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/891424-ne-ohio-players/page__st__60#entry8424433 Unfortunately, I haven't used any of the suggestions yet, so I can't follow up on any of them.

I was just trying to help. Didn't think the distance was unreasonable for him to use it as reference when looking. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, though.

Thanks for the responses guys - I'll definitely look into your suggestions.

As an aside - I'm always looking for people to play with if you don't mind playing with a newer players; I think it would be very beneficial for my development to play with better players.

If any of you play regularly in the Cleveland/Beachwood area, feel free to give me a shout.

I would like to play tomorrow (Monday) if anyone is looking to fill out a 4some!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

I think I'm gonna hit Brookledge after work tomorrow. See how many holes I can get in before dark.

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1401067079' post='9366339']
I think I'm gonna hit Brookledge after work tomorrow. See how many holes I can get in before dark.

[/quote]

What time you looking at getting there?

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Probably not until 6

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1401067695' post='9366397']
Probably not until 6

[/quote]

count me in!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Ok, if my elbow is feeling better I'm gonna go. I'll shoot you a text.

I guess GoIrish17 ' s elbow is a no go. So I am looking to play if anyone is interested

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1401072618' post='9366807']
Ok, if my elbow is feeling better I'm gonna go. I'll shoot you a text.

[/quote]

Fellow elbow pain person checking in. Between my allergies and my elbow, nothing like sitting at home when its 80 degrees and sunny and you can ride 18 at 100 different courses for 25 bucks. Killing me. I have begun to appreciate just how good (quality to cost) the golf in NE ohio is though. I was thinking that some point in the future we could have a meet up at sleepy hollow

It's just my elbow holding me back today. Torn ligaments that need repaired. I have been having a hard time taking a putter stroke the last couple days. I need to rest it up for a few days or else I'm going to be on the D.L. for an extended period of time. It's hard to stay off the course on a day as nice as today, too. Especially when joekelli is texting you pictures of his scorecard from the course.

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1401136387' post='9369775']It's just my elbow holding me back today. Torn ligaments that need repaired. I have been having a hard time taking a putter stroke the last couple days. I need to rest it up for a few days or else I'm going to be on the D.L. for an extended period of time. It's hard to stay off the course on a day as nice as today, too. Especially when joekelli is texting you pictures of his scorecard from the course.[/quote]

Sorry about that! Of course I went bogey bogey after sending it, Damn karma!!!!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*