2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe and I played last night- it was wet, but playable.

Sent from my iPhone using the GolfWRX Anti-Productivity App

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I got a tee time from golf now at Paradise Lake in Mogadore at 12:15 last night. Playing for $11, couldn't pass it up.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1398953940' post='9210533']
I got a tee time from golf now at Paradise Lake in Mogadore at 12:15 last night. Playing for $11, couldn't pass it up.

[/quote]

Oh alright, let us know how it is, never played there.

And if anyone wants to play after 2:00 let me know.

Finally had the chance to try my hand at changing grips using an air compressor and I was surprised at how easy it was. I've never done it before so I'm hoping I don't have any issues with it slipping but I guess I'll find out the next time I get out. So much better than taking my clubs somewhere and waiting 24 hours for them to be done..

[quote name='GSXR330' timestamp='1399232148' post='9230085']
Finally had the chance to try my hand at changing grips using an air compressor and I was surprised at how easy it was. I've never done it before so I'm hoping I don't have any issues with it slipping but I guess I'll find out the next time I get out. So much better than taking my clubs somewhere and waiting 24 hours for them to be done..
[/quote]

I have heard of that but never tried it. I usually take my stuff to Dick's to get regripped but their selection of grips is pretty sad. I would love to learn how to do that. I'm always afraid I wont get them on the shaft correctly and make a mess.

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1399257815' post='9232721']
I have heard of that but never tried it. I usually take my stuff to Dick's to get regripped but their selection of grips is pretty sad. I would love to learn how to do that. I'm always afraid I wont get them on the shaft correctly and make a mess.
[/quote]

It's mess free since you don't use solvent or anything (at least I didn't). And all I did to make sure they were all the way on correctly was mark where the old grip went to on the shaft, then put the new one on and see how close it was (although the new grips were about 1/4" or so shorter in length). I figure if they slip then I can blow them off and try a different method, but it's not very time consuming so it's not too much of a pain.

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1399258133' post='9232759']
Are there still plans to play on the 17th of this month? I haven't seen any chatter. I thought all the people that didn't want to play in April due to weather concerns wanted to play that weekend instead. I am off that weekend so I would be in for a round.
[/quote]

Weather pending, I'd be up for playing. I don't remember who said they were interested but I think we should get 100% confirmation from people maybe a week before so we can plan accordingly this time. So maybe anyone who 100% can play (pending weather) should say something by this Saturday? And we can figure out a course at some point this week and try to call for a tee time or two on Sunday?

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1399365267' post='9240645']
Where did everybody go?????? 82 and sunny on Thursday.....sounds like a winner to me. I just happen to be off that day. Playing Yankee Run that day at around 10:00.
[/quote]

Going to give being off Thursday my best shot. I have a feeling you wont be alone out there.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1399416640' post='9245413']
[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1399365267' post='9240645']
Where did everybody go?????? 82 and sunny on Thursday.....sounds like a winner to me. I just happen to be off that day. Playing Yankee Run that day at around 10:00.
[/quote]

Going to give being off Thursday my best shot. I have a feeling you wont be alone out there.
[/quote]

Getting two tee times together was actually much easier than I thought it would be. I just hope it doesn't get too crazy there.

Played Weymouth CC in medina this past weekend. It was alright, nothing special. I felt like it was just a stupid quirky course. Probably wouldn't want to be a member if I lived in Medina, course is just too weird for me. I don't think it would be very fun to bring others to either, since it's one of those courses where you have to play it 3 times before you know what you are doing.

Also I played fowler's and they just punched the greens, so that's something to keep in mind.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1399475711' post='9249869']
Played Weymouth CC in medina this past weekend. It was alright, nothing special. I felt like it was just a stupid quirky course. Probably wouldn't want to be a member if I lived in Medina, course is just too weird for me. I don't think it would be very fun to bring others to either, since it's one of those courses where you have to play it 3 times before you know what you are doing.

Also I played fowler's and they just punched the greens, so that's something to keep in mind.
[/quote]

I don't hate Weymouth... but you're right it's not really that fun. Lot of OB and a lot of holes where some course knowledge and lines to take from the tee are pretty important.

I've got it going there twice now and never been able to finish a round... its tough to play 18 holes there without making a mistake.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1399505343' post='9253093']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1399475711' post='9249869']

[/quote]

I don't hate Weymouth... but you're right it's not really that fun. Lot of OB and a lot of holes where some course knowledge and lines to take from the tee are pretty important.

I've got it going there twice now and never been able to finish a round... its tough to play 18 holes there without making a mistake.
[/quote]

There was a consistent 30 mph wind too so that probably didn't help. It's just really weird how the lines off the tee translate to the actual hole. There were 4 or 5 times when we thought a ball would be great off the tee and then be in the rough, or more often when we thought a ball would be bad and it was actually dead center. Doesn't really make sense. Number 4, the hole with the houses on the right and 6 are both so weird. I thought I was in the water on 6 and somehow had like 60 yards into the green dead center. It was a head-scratcher all day.

US open local qualifying is there, so it'll be cool to see what the scores are. Obviously they'll trick it up, but I'm sure a few will go pretty low, if you are placing the ball off the tee it's not really a hard course. It has a high rating but I think if you keep the ball in play, that the rating is pretty forgiving.

I need to find a few new local courses to play.

Does anyone want to play tomorrow morning? I have to be in Cleveland at 4:00 tomorrow, but wanted to get 18 in before. Was thinking about Windmill Lakes at 9:28 for $39. Get ahold of me if anyone can play. Obviously, I would be open to elsewhere, just haven't hit the Mill yet this season and wanted to get out. I'd totally be down for a GolfNow deal also, just want to keep it somewhere within 30 minutes of Cuyahoga Falls and tee off before 10:00 so I don't have to rush to be home by 3:00. Some that I saw- Raintree $35 at 8:29, Paradise Lake $24 anytime before 10, Brookledge like $30 before 10, Raccoon Hill (Kent) $34.

Why is golf such a frustrating game? I played 27 holes of halfway decent golf (low to mid 40s) with the same ball on a relatively hard course (Oak Tree GC), then the next nine at a much easier course, I went through two sleeves of balls and shot a smooth 61 for nine holes. I might need to take a vacation from golf.

Heads up to anyone, I saw that Sleepy Hollow had 19 dollar tee times all day today. Not sure if they just punched the greens, but worth looking into I guess.

Edit: They have since disappeared, not sure if it was an error or not. It was roughly 3 o'clock yesterday and they had the whole Saturday tee time sheet for 19 bucks.

[quote name='GSXR330' timestamp='1399742930' post='9268945']
Same with tomorrow. They have one for 1:02 I may look into. Anyone interested?
[/quote]

Maybe. Let me check with the boss after a couple pops tonight :)

[quote name='GSXR330' timestamp='1399744250' post='9269075']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1399743733' post='9269027']
Maybe. Let me check with the boss after a couple pops tonight :)
[/quote]

Just shoot me a text whenever you know. Even if that tee time gets taken I'm sure there will be other courses.
[/quote]

Sure thing!

If anyone is interested in a 2Deep I have one on BST. PM me if you're interested, I have a lower price in mind than the listed price that I'm willing to sell for. I will definitely give my best price to one of you guys and maybe we could even work out local pickup to save you a few bucks.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1016703-brand-new-callaway-x2hot-pro-2deep-125-oban-devotion/

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1399744478' post='9269099']
If anyone is interested in a 2Deep I have one on BST. PM me if you're interested, I have a lower price in mind than the listed price that I'm willing to sell for. I will definitely give my best price to one of you guys and maybe we could even work out local pickup to save you a few bucks.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1016703-brand-new-callaway-x2hot-pro-2deep-125-oban-devotion/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-oban-devotion/[/url]
[/quote]

I might know of somebody that is interested. I will show him and let you know. He wants my XHOT 3 wood from last year but I am not willing to part with it. The deep is just a version more adept at hitting from the tee correct?