2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

I do believe we will have a demo set of S55's but I've not seen a used or trade-in set. Let me know if interested and I will get you details on them.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407420321' post='9878517']
[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1407419960' post='9878455']
I do believe we will have a demo set of S55's but I've not seen a used or trade-in set. Let me know if interested and I will get you details on them.
[/quote]

If you have anything that isn't a blade with PX 7.0, I'd probably be interested.
[/quote]

PX 7.0?? I don't think I've ever seen a used set of clubs outside of GolfWRX with PX 7.0....

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1407421289' post='9878691']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407420321' post='9878517']
[/quote]

If you have anything that isn't a blade with PX 7.0, I'd probably be interested.
[/quote]

PX 7.0?? I don't think I've ever seen a used set of clubs outside of GolfWRX with PX 7.0....
[/quote]

hah I'll talk to you about it in person. I want you to see me hit a 3 iron, it's interesting. I had some 6.0s when I was way younger and I've hit 7.0s and they're way more playable than the average person thinks IMO. I hit them when I had a driver SS of 105 and I thought they were pretty good.

[/quote]
JW, that would be awesome!
Lmk what you find out. By the way, are you going to be working the tent sale. It would be great to meet you.

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1407431271' post='9880119']
I've never been to grove city. What kind shops do they have there?
[/quote]
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=85

I wish they had a puma store. I think they used to have one in Easton, but it wasn't there the last time I was down there. I used to go to grove city a few times a year when I was at YSU. Pretty fun and pretty cheap

Grove City has IZod who always had great deals. You can usually get some high end golf clothes there for dirt cheap. They have Under Armor which usually isn't marked down too much but the prices are better than anywhere else. Adidas store always had deals on stuff, especially shoes. Oakley has a shop there.....I got a few shirts there. Reebok store I think has Ashworth stuff but it's not very discounted. I thought they did have a Puma store but there is a place there that sells Puma stuff all the way in the back. There is a Nike outlet too but the golf selection was pretty weak when I was there last.... they did have TW polos for $50 though.

It's a good place to go to get golf clothes but the only store that had any equipment was Oakley and it was just a few bags and gloves.

[quote name='GSXR330' timestamp='1407437786' post='9880985']
Isn't it an Oakley Vault store? I've been wanting to get out there but just keep forgetting, plus I think its about an hour from me. How's the selection and store size?
[/quote]

The selection is good, even for my size. Its definitely worth the trip at least once a year, especially with a kid on the way. There are a few baby stores there too. Your money goes much further there......plus there is no sales tax on clothing in PA. The Izod store is the best for golf though. I think I got a few pairs of golf pants...the fancy tech fabric....for less than $20. I think the original tag said $85. Shirts for like $12, all high end fabric. Even the new stuff is usually marked like 40% off. I got a sweet golf 1/4 zip pullover on the sale rack for $8 last year....they were still selling the same pullover at Penney's for $65 on sale. Adidas is usually good too. I got a few Adidas and Taylor Made hats for less than $10. Some Adidas polos were BOGO. I got Tour 360 shoes for $69 and the only blemish I could find was a black mark on the heel.....I think they were $180 at Dicks.

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1407439828' post='9881235']
Isn't it an Oakley Vault store? I've been wanting to get out there but just keep forgetting, plus I think its about an hour from me. How's the selection and store size?
[/quote]

The selection is good, even for my size. Its definitely worth the trip at least once a year, especially with a kid on the way. There are a few baby stores there too. Your money goes much further there......plus there is no sales tax on clothing in PA. The Izod store is the best for golf though. I think I got a few pairs of golf pants...the fancy tech fabric....for less than $20. I think the original tag said $85. Shirts for like $12, all high end fabric. Even the new stuff is usually marked like 40% off. I got a sweet golf 1/4 zip pullover on the sale rack for $8 last year....they were still selling the same pullover at Penney's for $65 on sale. Adidas is usually good too. I got a few Adidas and Taylor Made hats for less than $10. Some Adidas polos were BOGO. I got Tour 360 shoes for $69 and the only blemish I could find was a black mark on the heel.....I think they were $180 at Dicks.
[/quote]

Shoot I've never been in the IZOD store. I'm thinking a trip out there is sounding really good now

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407440302' post='9881303']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Shoot I've never been in the IZOD store. I'm thinking a trip out there is sounding really good now
[/quote]

I have driven there JUST to go to the Izod store. Its like 45 minutes from my house.

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1407440961' post='9881369']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have driven there JUST to go to the Izod store. Its like 45 minutes from my house.
[/quote]

The drive from there to Pittsburgh is beautiful,love that area. Same with Hermitage area too.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407441123' post='9881409']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The drive from there to Pittsburgh is beautiful,love that area. Same with Hermitage area too.
[/quote]

Yeah, all those beautiful construction barrels and cones...lol. It seems like they are always working on that road there.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407441123' post='9881409']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I've driven to Columbus several times just to go to a huge motorcycle store down there so an hour for me is nothing! But like pinhigh said, a trip there sounds good right about now. I don't know how I've never been there though as I'm a big fan of Oakley clothing.

And that area is pretty nice. I used to ride roads a little southwest of Pittsburgh and they're nice and pretty scenic, especially the more south into WV that you go.

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to give a big shout out to JW. I went out to Windmill yesterday and he really took great care of me. If any of you haven't been there, in my opinion, it is the best pro shop in NE Ohio. There shop was packed full of stuff. The tent sale is this week, so I'll be down there supporting them some more.
Big thanks JW! See you this week.

Oh, by the way, as I was walking out Ben Curtis was on the putting green with his kids.

Who do you guys go to for instruction? I have gone to Matt Rura at Tamer Win and Mitch Blake at Olde Dutch Mill, I don't know what to look for in an instructor but I feel like with both I haven't gotten what I want out of the lesson and have learned much more about "my swing" just by the simulator at work. I know this seems very beginner like of me, but my lack of distance is driving me nuts I'm hitting it like 230 off the tee, and I am 21 years old in decent physical shape and I feel like my swing plane is good, but I just can't find anymore distance and I used to hit it 275+ and swing 105 on the same machine last year. Really, considering Chris Carfangia as he has a trackman, but just don't know I have no problem driving, but I don't see myself paying more than $100 an hour. Also I need to be hands on with an instructor and actually do what they are talking about that is the way I learn best.

Ping G Elements Chrome 5F4
Srixon F65 17 Stock Stiff

Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 Stock Recoil

Titleist AP2 716 DG SL TI S300 4-PW

Titleist SM5 Tour Chrome 50/08 F, 54/10 M and SM7 58/14 K Grind S300

Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Indy

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1407441123' post='9881409'][quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1407440961' post='9881369']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The drive from there to Pittsburgh is beautiful,love that area. Same with Hermitage area too.[/quote]

Hermitage sucks. It's like a damn roach motel.

[quote name='LaBraeGolfer' timestamp='1407891976' post='9921079']
Who do you guys go to for instruction? I have gone to Matt Rura at Tamer Win and Mitch Blake at Olde Dutch Mill, I don't know what to look for in an instructor but I feel like with both I haven't gotten what I want out of the lesson and have learned much more about "my swing" just by the simulator at work. I know this seems very beginner like of me, but my lack of distance is driving me nuts I'm hitting it like 230 off the tee, and I am 21 years old in decent physical shape and I feel like my swing plane is good, but I just can't find anymore distance and I used to hit it 275+ and swing 105 on the same machine last year. Really, considering Chris Carfangia as he has a trackman, but just don't know I have no problem driving, but I don't see myself paying more than $100 an hour. Also I need to be hands on with an instructor and actually do what they are talking about that is the way I learn best.
[/quote]

I have had probably 6 lessons with Chris Carfangia @ Pine Lakes and I would recommend him to anybody. The Trackman thing is obviously a bonus because it will pretty much tell you where you are losing your distance if your swing speed is the same. I thought he was pretty hands on and you always leave the lesson with a plan and something to work on. He will also focus on whatever you want to work on. I don't really have anything o compare him to though since he is the only person around here I have had a lesson from. He did come highly recommended to me by several people and I was certainly not disappointed. Whatever we worked on and I got a chance to practice has always helped.

Anyone been to Little Mountain in the past few weeks? Are the greens back or should I just wait until next year? Love the course and don't want to dirty my opinion of it by going when they are having issues.

Rogue ST Triple Diamond 10.5* @ 9.5*
Nike SQII 15*
Adams A7 18*
Titleist AP2 712 4-PW
Vokey 52* SM2 56* BV Custom 60*
Scotty Midslant 33"

[quote name='njp1985' timestamp='1407931892' post='9923181']
Anyone been to Little Mountain in the past few weeks? Are the greens back or should I just wait until next year? Love the course and don't want to dirty my opinion of it by going when they are having issues.
[/quote]

Also curious, I know all their site info said they were expecting them to be back by august. I checked the golfnow reviews and people seem to be happier now, so I'd assume they're getting a bit better.

Playing The Quarry today, haven't played there before, pretty excited.

[quote name='njp1985' timestamp='1407931892' post='9923181']Anyone been to Little Mountain in the past few weeks? Are the greens back or should I just wait until next year? Love the course and don't want to dirty my opinion of it by going when they are having issues.[/quote]

Played there last Tuesday and the greens have come back pretty well. They are not flawless only a few minor spots on a handful of greens. On the other hand the bunkers were the worst I've seen here (mud and dirt) and around the area to be honest.

I passed that Wicked Woods when I went up to play Fowler's Mill. The way I hit the ball, any course with the name woods in it is probably an ominous sign for me to stay away. Add Wicked to the Woods and its a big no-no. It did look kinda creepy from the road. Not that Fowler's Mill was much better. I think I shot a smooth 95 there. I couldn't get off the tee that day no matter what club I hit.

The Quarry is on my list of courses to play. I hope I can get up there this year. I am thinking of doing the road trip and going to play Nemacolin Mystic Rock on the other side of Pittsburgh. Its pretty pricey but everybody I asked said it was worth every penny of that.

I played the World's Largest Golf Outing for Wounded Warrior Project on Monday. It was at Briardale Greens in Euclid. The course was pretty short ( I was getting off the tee very well that day) and the holes were all piled on top of each other but the greens were really nice there. I wouldn't drive up to play that again but it was for a good cause. When they have that next year, we should try to get a bunch of guys from here together to play it.