2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

NE Ohio Players

GoIrish17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1411448643' post='10167125']
How did you guys shoot Saturday? I liked that course when we played there earlier in the year. If you are going out again, let me know. I would be down for another round there.
[/quote]

We played OK. It was pretty windy so it made it a little tougher than normal. That was my first round with my backup set since last year so I was pleased with how I hit them for the most part. This set is my Nickent ARC blades and I hit them better than expected. I hate the 60* wedge in that bag and really need to replace it with something else, It cost me about 5 strokes!!!!!!!!

GoIrish17 (Brad) is no longer visiting golfWRX he had some issues with the Mods and decided to move to a different site.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Thinking about going up to Madison Country Club this afternoon, just wondering if the conditioning is how they say it is on the reviews (on ohiogolfguide.com and golfnow., heard the layout is interesting. Any other courses up that way besides like Fowlers Mill that would be good to play. Plan on playing as a single so I don't want to deal with huge crowds.

Ping G Elements Chrome 5F4
Srixon F65 17 Stock Stiff

Ben Hogan VKTR+ 18 Stock Recoil

Titleist AP2 716 DG SL TI S300 4-PW

Titleist SM5 Tour Chrome 50/08 F, 54/10 M and SM7 58/14 K Grind S300

Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Indy

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1411953964' post='10202731']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1411939237' post='10201191']
Same thing for this week, anyone that wants to play any day besides wednesday or friday, I'm in
[/quote]

Where do you live? I'll probably play at least twice this week but I wont be able to play until after work.
[/quote]

Stow. Thinking about taking a trip out to the PA area on saturday as well

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1412093158' post='10212093']
Same thing for this week, anyone that wants to play any day besides wednesday or friday, I'm in
[/quote]

Where do you live? I'll probably play at least twice this week but I wont be able to play until after work.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where to in PA? I could play Saturday but probably not until afternoon. My kids have soccer in the morning.

In case anybody is reading this from the Youngstown area, if you are looking for a place to play thats still in great shape, Oak Tree GC is the place. They cut and rolled the greens after aerating them early in Sept. and they are immaculate and quick. The rough is still as brutal as ever but overall, the course is great. I think the fall rate is $35 there too.

[quote name='Hellstorm' timestamp='1412171894' post='10217335']
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1412093158' post='10212093']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where to in PA? I could play Saturday but probably not until afternoon. My kids have soccer in the morning.
[/quote]

Freeport, I saw on golfnow they had a tee time at 2:30 but that'd be cutting it awful close with sunset if the pace of play isn't great

Count me out.....I am assuming its Birdsfoot you want to play. I havent played there and would love to go, but the weather doesn't look too good for Saturday. I've already driven a few hours to play in the pouring rain twice this year....I am not doing it again.

If you were ever curious about playing Olde Stonewall, thats much closer and they knocked the rate down to $100. That course is fantastic and it may be the most difficult course I ever played. That's only one or two exits into PA off the turnpike. I can't go there this weekend but I would be down for playing there another time.

I'm a former tournament +2 handicap and playing more like a 5 now and I generally play the blue tees. When I play with the kids or someone that thinks they're a good player we play the gold tees. This time of the year though-- its colder, soft, wet, etc the white tees are gonna play plenty long.

That course right now with the rain we got yesterday is gonna be all you can handle from the gold tees. Par 70 right around 7000 yards playing more like 7300 or so.... its a great test.

I played a few holes this morning-- hole 10 which is a good par 4... I usually hit 3 wood or sometimes my 5 wood because you need to find the fairway there leaves me around 160-180 yards depending on the wind. Well today I hammered my driver-- into the wind and wet... I had 165 yards into it.

This time of the year I recommend the white tees. If we played a money game this afternoon we would more than likely play the white tees or a hybrid between the white and blue. The white tees are gonna be playing like a 6400-6600 yard par 70 right now.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1412790058' post='10255881']
I'm a former tournament +2 handicap and playing more like a 5 now and I generally play the blue tees. When I play with the kids or someone that thinks they're a good player we play the gold tees. This time of the year though-- its colder, soft, wet, etc the white tees are gonna play plenty long.

That course right now with the rain we got yesterday is gonna be all you can handle from the gold tees. Par 70 right around 7000 yards playing more like 7300 or so.... its a great test.

I played a few holes this morning-- hole 10 which is a good par 4... I usually hit 3 wood or sometimes my 5 wood because you need to find the fairway there leaves me around 160-180 yards depending on the wind. Well today I hammered my driver-- into the wind and wet... I had 165 yards into it.

This time of the year I recommend the white tees. If we played a money game this afternoon we would more than likely play the white tees or a hybrid between the white and blue. The white tees are gonna be playing like a 6400-6600 yard par 70 right now.
[/quote]

lol the last time I was there I played the whites because I was playing with a buddy who is probably a 36+. Hit a GIANT pull on 15, almost hit it into the water right of 17. Playing different tees makes it almost a completely different course.

Also I saw a kent HS girl hit it 260 with a high draw off #1. No joke, by far the furthest and best looking flight I've ever seen from a HS girl.

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1412790058' post='10255881']

[/quote]

I hear that. I had a 173 yard par 3 into the wind today and I hit my 5 iron 25 yards short. That's a 200 yard club pretty much and I hit it on the sweet spot. I guess you could say it was a solid 4-5 club wind...lol. On the next hole going with the wind, I launched a 340 yard fade with the wind and I don't even think I got that one on the sweet spot.

• 1 month later...

Going today to play Boulder Creek for the first time, they told me come on out when I asked about a tee time. It will be awesome.

[quote name='LaBraeGolfer' timestamp='1415713030' post='10428693']
Going today to play Boulder Creek for the first time, they told me come on out when I asked about a tee time. It will be awesome.
[/quote]

I think your going to like it!!!!!!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

Okay pretty great except for the excessive wind today, sometimes 3 to 4 club wind. I think my favorite hole was probably #2, #14 and #8 stuck out quite a bit in my memory and obviously #17 was awesome. The difficulty of that course is unreal compared to local courses lol.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1416172997' post='10456749']
I hate the split fairway par 5 there, total gimmick IMO. If you go left you have to be super precise or you get screwed and if you go right you have to hit something really short or you hit into the bunker. Love the rest of the course though
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Stupid hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Boulder Creek from the tips is a really tough test of golf especially if it's windy. 4 years ago it was such a good condition course. How was it when you played?

Taylormade M1 440 Driver with Masters Edition Atmos Black 6x
Taylormade M2 Tour 3w with Speeder 661x
Titleist 915 hybrid with GD AD DI 95g x flex
Callaway X prototype irons with C Taper 125g
Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017

I was there last year and it was a little more beat up than it had been in the past. Still would recommend though. Anyone have an update on little mountain? Did they end up fixing the greens and getting it in decent shape before the playing season was over? Also remember some gripes about the bunkers so curious if those were fixed.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1416940090' post='10502115']
I was there last year and it was a little more beat up than it had been in the past. Still would recommend though. Anyone have an update on little mountain? Did they end up fixing the greens and getting it in decent shape before the playing season was over? Also remember some gripes about the bunkers so curious if those were fixed.
[/quote]

Little mountain is going through a redesign right now. They are removing some bunkers and a bunch of other improvements.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Here is the link....

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20140805/FREE/140809911/little-mountain-country-club-to-undergo-an-extensive-renovation-with

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Joe what are you going to do this winter? What projects? Exotic golfing? I still haven't stamped my clubs lol.

Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017

[quote name='heddp' timestamp='1417020259' post='10506253']
Joe what are you going to do this winter? What projects? Exotic golfing? I still haven't stamped my clubs lol.
[/quote]

I am really not sure! My bag(bags) are pretty much set and I can't think of anything I need. My Scratch irons are out getting adjusted and i am going to swap shafts in my xhot pro 3 wood. Going to put a Fujikura Orochi 75x in it and see how it performs. But that is about it for me! I might need to plan a short trip south and get a couple rounds in!!!!!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1417026844' post='10506755']
[quote name='heddp' timestamp='1417020259' post='10506253']
[/quote]

I am really not sure! My bag(bags) are pretty much set and I can't think of anything I need. My Scratch irons are out getting adjusted and i am going to swap shafts in my xhot pro 3 wood. Going to put a Fujikura Orochi 75x in it and see how it performs. But that is about it for me! I might need to plan a short trip south and get a couple rounds in!!!!!
[/quote]

Well get the interest of a few WRX'ers and lets talk weekends! I'm currently overhauling my swing - We are getting me steeper in all aspects which is crazy feeling - talk about a different feel! When we made the realization at Brookledge it was right but it wasn't the root problem bleh.

Seven 51, 55, 59 Wedges
Bettinardi Tiki 2017