2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1388435594' post='8369045']
I'm not so sure. Despite Fowles' incredible numbers (eg, 30 TDs/2 ints career, or something like that), my spidey senses tell me he's not the real deal, esp if he has to play catch-up and starts getting hit.
[/quote]
Shady... The equalizer. If they can continue to have the most plays per game and run that quick O, they'll wear teams down. Foles has been sharp too

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388434697' post='8368953']
If you go by sacks alone, sure. When you factor every measurable stat, it paints a much different picture. Our offensive line allowed 45 sacks. That's an average of nearly 3 per game. They also allowed 92 QB hits on top of those 45 sacks, for an average of 5.75 hits per game. Okay, let's say 5 for a round number. That's 8 hits on the QB per game on average. That's not a few, that's a bunch. But I'll go further. They also allowed 72 tackles for loss. That's 4.5 per game. That's brutal. We won't even go into passing and rushing EPA and WPA. We had 3 offensive linemen starters get hurt. Zero depth behind them. Our left tackle, one of the most critical positions on the line couldn't block my grandmother, and both of them are dead. He's put of shape (for a lineman he's put of shape, not in general) and admitted as much. He gets winded after 2 plays. Can't go no huddle or sugar huddle (which is where Ryan excels) with him on the field. Lamar Holmes is awful and I hope he never goes to prison because he'll be flipped quick. He's been referred to by over a dozen analysts as the worst offensive lineman in football. And watching him live and in person at 6 games as well as attending 8 practices, it's very hard to argue. Our center retired and there have been at least 2 guys start at the position. We continue to allow our best linemen to walk in free agency. It's a cycle, and one we need to break. I hope Mike Johnson comes back healthy and is what the staff thinks he'll be, but linemen usually take 2 solid years to come back from a knee injury. He's supposed to play LT too... We need to draft linemen on both sides of the ball. Cutting Ane was stupid as well, Osi isn't half the DE he was. Hopefully wither Jake Matthews or Jadaveon slips to us at 6, but I doubt it. If they don't, I'd trade back in the first and take Vic Beasley later in the first then either come back in the bottom or with our pick at 6 in round 2, take Zack Martin out of ND.
[/quote]

Too long didnt read. Too much rambling about a bottom feeder team.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388435991' post='8369081']
I'm not so sure. Despite Fowles' incredible numbers (eg, 30 TDs/2 ints career, or something like that), my spidey senses tell me he's not the real deal, esp if he has to play catch-up and starts getting hit.
[/quote]
Shady... The equalizer. If they can continue to have the most plays per game and run that quick O, they'll wear teams down. Foles has been sharp too
[/quote]

Yeah, Shady has been totally unconcious. That game in the snow was unreal. As a Giants fan, I have to grudgingly admit respect for him.

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1388436538' post='8369115']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388435991' post='8369081']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yeah, Shady has been totally unconcious. That game in the snow was unreal. As a Giants fan, I have to grudgingly admit respect for him.
[/quote]

He's also well spoken too. Had a nice interview last night after killing my cowboys. Good for him. Seems like a good guy..

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388436110' post='8369089']
If you go by sacks alone, sure. When you factor every measurable stat, it paints a much different picture. Our offensive line allowed 45 sacks. That's an average of nearly 3 per game. They also allowed 92 QB hits on top of those 45 sacks, for an average of 5.75 hits per game. Okay, let's say 5 for a round number. That's 8 hits on the QB per game on average. That's not a few, that's a bunch. But I'll go further. They also allowed 72 tackles for loss. That's 4.5 per game. That's brutal. We won't even go into passing and rushing EPA and WPA. We had 3 offensive linemen starters get hurt. Zero depth behind them. Our left tackle, one of the most critical positions on the line couldn't block my grandmother, and both of them are dead. He's put of shape (for a lineman he's put of shape, not in general) and admitted as much. He gets winded after 2 plays. Can't go no huddle or sugar huddle (which is where Ryan excels) with him on the field. Lamar Holmes is awful and I hope he never goes to prison because he'll be flipped quick. He's been referred to by over a dozen analysts as the worst offensive lineman in football. And watching him live and in person at 6 games as well as attending 8 practices, it's very hard to argue. Our center retired and there have been at least 2 guys start at the position. We continue to allow our best linemen to walk in free agency. It's a cycle, and one we need to break. I hope Mike Johnson comes back healthy and is what the staff thinks he'll be, but linemen usually take 2 solid years to come back from a knee injury. He's supposed to play LT too... We need to draft linemen on both sides of the ball. Cutting Ane was stupid as well, Osi isn't half the DE he was. Hopefully wither Jake Matthews or Jadaveon slips to us at 6, but I doubt it. If they don't, I'd trade back in the first and take Vic Beasley later in the first then either come back in the bottom or with our pick at 6 in round 2, take Zack Martin out of ND.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Classy..

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388438199' post='8369309']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Classy..
[/quote]

Ahh the classy card lol....never gets old.

Like I said, I really wasnt looking for team breakdown of the Falcons. So others can read it, but I wasnt interested in it.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388438865' post='8369409']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Classy..
[/quote]

Like I said, I really wasnt looking for team breakdown of the Falcons. So others can read it, but I wasnt interested in it.
[/quote]
Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut about teams you know nothing about then. Don't worry, Seattle is sending your boys home this year(that is unless they get Carolina in week 2, they'll send them home early).

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388451753' post='8370657']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Classy..
[/quote]

[/quote]
Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut about teams you know nothing about then. Don't worry, Seattle is sending your boys home this year(that is unless they get Carolina in week 2, they'll send them home early).
[/quote]

What did I say that was inaccurate? The Falcons pass nearly every play.....thats all I was saying and it is true. I could go into more detail about the Falcons and why I think they stunk it up this year, and their personnel and drafting the past few years isnt the greatest even at full strength especially on defense, but thats not what we were talking about.

You dont need to get upset about anything.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[/quote]

[/quote]

Classy..
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure you've seen the "classy card" a lot with replies like that. You ask the guy a question and it evolves into a discussion and then all of a sudden you're too good to read it? Classy, indeed! God forbid the niners ever get back to "bottom feeder" status and you be forbidden from talking about them.

Someone seems to have forgotten that SF didn't have a winning record for 8 consecutive years before Harbaugh got there.. Talk about bottom feeders.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388499503' post='8373327']
Someone seems to have forgotten that SF didn't have a winning record for 8 consecutive years before Harbaugh got there.. Talk about bottom feeders.
[/quote]

Who forgot that, I sure didn't. I remember those years like yesterday.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1388484589' post='8372803']
I'm sure you've seen the "classy card" a lot with replies like that. You ask the guy a question and it evolves into a discussion and then all of a sudden you're too good to read it? Classy, indeed! God forbid the niners ever get back to "bottom feeder" status and you be forbidden from talking about them.
[/quote]

I asked a simple question and he went into a long rant about his team. Thats nice and all but not what I was looking for, so I didnt bother reading the entire thing not because I was too good, but because it wasnt really relevant to what I was talking about. Its an internet message board, this isnt in person talking and dialogue......Class is not something you can really judge through online banter imo.....so those who always want to toss around the classy or not classy card or try and judge people they have never met in person while online always make me laugh.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388529024' post='8375917']
[/quote]

I asked a simple question and he went into a long rant about his team. Thats nice and all but not what I was looking for, so I didnt bother reading the entire thing not because I was too good, but because it wasnt really relevant to what I was talking about. Its an internet message board, this isnt in person talking and dialogue......Class is not something you can really judge through online banter imo.....so those who always want to toss around the classy or not classy card or try and judge people they have never met in person while online always make me laugh.
[/quote]

What about internet tough guys? How do you feel about those guys? You know, the guys who laugh at what other people say because they have vastly superior knowledge of anything and everything pertaining to the discussion at hand.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388529601' post='8376003']
[/quote]

[/quote]

What about internet tough guys? How do you feel about those guys? You know, the guys who laugh at what other people say because they have vastly superior knowledge of anything and everything pertaining to the discussion at hand.
[/quote]

Like you? Like Me, like most everybody whose ever posted online at some point...especially when about sports?

Honestly I dont really attribute that somebody talking online to their actual character until I were to meet them. Through the message boards I read, I have ACTUALLY MET a large amount of people who either act a little different or just full on like to troll people and come off as the biggest jerks online......but are the nicest people in real life. Its a place to share opinions, and for the most part no matter if there was a disagreement or misunderstanding, I would still play golf or have a beer with 99% of people here. If Rookieblue and I were talking in person, I would never say something sarcastic like that (I actually did read his post and its obviously accurate of their struggles) and would talk to him about the entire topic....but since I know hes a die hard Falcons fan and the past two years our teams have played some intense games we were fortunate enough to win, I poked the bear a bit.

For example, you and I have done some deals together and weve talked through pm about stuff in our lives and you sound like a great guy in person, I dont think any less of you when you try and jump somebodys s*** in this thread or another and it comes off as a jerk.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388531679' post='8376181']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388529601' post='8376003']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like you? Like Me, like most everybody whose ever posted online at some point...especially when about sports?

Honestly I dont really attribute that somebody talking online to their actual character until I were to meet them. Through the message boards I read, I have ACTUALLY MET a large amount of people who either act a little different or just full on like to troll people and come off as the biggest jerks online......but are the nicest people in real life. Its a place to share opinions, and for the most part no matter if there was a disagreement or misunderstanding, I would still play golf or have a beer with 99% of people here. If Rookieblue and I were talking in person, I would never say something sarcastic like that (I actually did read his post and its obviously accurate of their struggles) and would talk to him about the entire topic....but since I know hes a die hard Falcons fan and the past two years our teams have played some intense games we were fortunate enough to win, I poked the bear a bit.

For example, you and I have done some deals together and weve talked through pm about stuff in our lives and you sound like a great guy in person, I dont think any less of you when you try and jump somebodys s*** in this thread or another and it comes off as a jerk.
[/quote]

*group hug!*

Niners have to get past Green Bay first. And then you might get Carolina if that happens. Carolina and Seattle will go to war for the NFC, IMO. Both have nasty defenses and good offenses. I say Seattle reps the NFC this year and I'm willing to throw cash on it. That D is nasty and they have Beastmode to control the tempo.

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1388558939' post='8377941']
[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1388556657' post='8377859']
Niners are the most complete team in the league, can't wait for us to show the world and rock Seattle.
[/quote]
If the 49ers make it to Seattle anyway!
[/quote]
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388594370' post='8378943']
Niners have to get past Green Bay first. And then you might get Carolina if that happens. Carolina and Seattle will go to war for the NFC, IMO. Both have nasty defenses and good offenses. I say Seattle reps the NFC this year and I'm willing to throw cash on it. That D is nasty and they have Beastmode to control the tempo.
[/quote]

I guess we are going to find out arent we? It's gonna be fun!!!! F'ing love the Playoffs!!!

Niners are the most complete team in the league, can't wait for us to show the world and rock Seattle.
[/quote]

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The offense was ranked near the bottom of the league in terms of yardage. They were a bit better in terms of points at 11th (25.4) but that also factors in defensive scores.

The defense was seemingly Top 5 in everything, which is fantastic.

So, basically, they have a great defense and an average, to below average offfense.

New Orleans is probably the most complete team in the league right now in terms of offense and defense.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388624527' post='8381581']
[/quote]

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The offense was ranked near the bottom of the league in terms of yardage. They were a bit better in terms of points at 11th (25.4) but that also factors in defensive scores.

The defense was seemingly Top 5 in everything, which is fantastic.

So, basically, they have a great defense and an average, to below average offfense.

New Orleans is probably the most complete team in the league right now in terms of offense and defense.
[/quote]

Far above average offense. See I am not looking at stats for the entire season, I am referring to now, as in their 6 game win streak. No doubt the Niners offense hit a wall a times this season and their total team offensive stats will reflect that. What is their ranking through that time? Also what is their special team rankings?