2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1379962622' post='7898291']
You are really seeming to go out of your way to discredit or talk trash about the niners lol. If you watched that game, Indy was nothing special at all. Well into the 4th quarter we still could have pulled ahead if we scored a TD. To play that bad, and still be within 6 points all game says something. Indy just sat on the ball all game and allowed us to give them first down on PI calls and personal fouls. If we played against a really good team or a team that had a sound offense, it would have been a complete blowout.

Yesterday was really about a total collapse of a coaching staff failing to do anything effective and sticking to what worked. Gore had 11 carries and a 8ypc clip, and we gashed them the scoring drive....yet we never really ran the ball again? Indy won indeed, but they were really less than impressive and look like a medicore squad as well.
[/quote]

I find it ironic that you're saying that I'm going out of my way to discredit or talk trash about SF when that's nowhere close to what I've done. The only thing I've said negatively about SF in this entire thread was about Aldon Smith being overhyped.

Meanwhile, you and blunder continue to try and downplay Indy's win because they beat your team. Did they score 40? No. Did they hold SF to single digits? Yes. You don't have to blow a team out to play well.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379905768' post='7895593']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379904029' post='7895459']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379903569' post='7895419']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379903490' post='7895409']
INDY played mediocre 49ers played very very very very badly on offense and too many dumb penalties on defense helped them close the game instead of giving Kaep one final shot at a GW drive.

Yes I am a huge fan but not fanatical I dont sugar coat what I see in the team and what I see right now is a team that will struggle to win 6-8 games. Would I love for them to prove me wrong absolutely.
[/quote]

To say Indy played mediocre is just silly.
[/quote]

I would say the same about calling that great play, 18/27 passing for 157 yards 5-12 on 3rd down Rushing was better than passing but that is a given when you have firm control of the game all day because SF cannot move the ball. On defense they had to cover a guy best suited as a #2 or 3 wideout and a couple guys better served on the practice squad or special teams. Great no, average at best
[/quote]

Downplay it however you want but Indy played really good. I know you're still upset because your team didn't get it done, but the bottom line is that SF didn't bring it today and Indy played a really good game.

They controlled the tempo of the game, the defense made plays and the offense was sound.

Was it pretty? Not necessarily. It was an old school type performance. Was it good? Absolutely.
[/quote]

You are really seeming to go out of your way to discredit or talk trash about the niners lol. If you watched that game, Indy was nothing special at all. Well into the 4th quarter we still could have pulled ahead if we scored a TD. To play that bad, and still be within 6 points all game says something. [b] Indy just sat on the ball all game and allowed us to give them first down on PI calls and personal fouls. [/b] If we played against a really good team or a team that had a sound offense, it would have been a complete blowout.

Yesterday was really about a total collapse of a coaching staff failing to do anything effective and sticking to what worked. Gore had 11 carries and a 8ypc clip, and we gashed them the scoring drive....yet we never really ran the ball again? Indy won indeed, but they were really less than impressive and look like a medicore squad as well.
[/quote]

Isn't forcing your opponents into mistakes and capitalizing on those mistakes one of the marks of a good team? I'm not saying Indy is a great, top 3 or 4 team or anything like that, but to say they are mediocre after they go on the road, on the west coast at that, to make the super bowl runner up look like a below average team says a lot about the team. Indy may not be considered a great team yet but they certainly have the pieces in place to be a contender and are definitely a solid squad. If you call Indy mediocre, what do a call a team that only scored 7 points and lost by 3 touchdowns to a mediocre team who was playing on the west coast?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379965396' post='7898637']
You are really seeming to go out of your way to discredit or talk trash about the niners lol. If you watched that game, Indy was nothing special at all. Well into the 4th quarter we still could have pulled ahead if we scored a TD. To play that bad, and still be within 6 points all game says something. Indy just sat on the ball all game and allowed us to give them first down on PI calls and personal fouls. If we played against a really good team or a team that had a sound offense, it would have been a complete blowout.

[/quote]

I find it ironic that you're saying that I'm going out of my way to discredit or talk trash about SF when that's nowhere close to what I've done. The only thing I've said negatively about SF in this entire thread was about Aldon Smith being overhyped.

Meanwhile, you and blunder continue to try and downplay Indy's win because they beat your team. Did they score 40? No. Did they hold SF to single digits? Yes. You don't have to blow a team out to play well.
[/quote]

Dude you might want to look up the word downplay. If we were trying to downplay the loss we would be talking about how great Indy played vs us losing to a team that played average at best football. If anything bubba and I are being harder on the niners than anyone else

And Silver if you read what we said we are basically saying the niners are a terrible team right now

Anyways I am out of this thread bubba as always if you wanna talk niners or actual football feel free to shoot me a pm

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Im not downplaying anything, who couldnt see how awful we looked? Im just saying Indy is à middle of the road team. Other than à late fumble, there were no real mistakes...just ineffectiveness on offense. The other mistakes were self inflicted penalties to extend their drives.

Niners have tons of issues they need to figure out fast, starting with what is à must winf thursday night.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379967751' post='7898901']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude you might want to look up the word downplay. [b]If we were trying to downplay the loss[/b] we would be talking about how great Indy played vs us losing to a team that played average at best football. If anything bubba and I are being harder on the niners than anyone else

And Silver if you read what we said we are basically saying the niners are a terrible team right now

Anyways I am out of this thread bubba as always if you wanna talk niners or actual football feel free to shoot me a pm
[/quote]

I clearly said that y'all are downplaying Indy's win. Do you even bother reading my posts or do you just get defensive after about 3 words and ignore the rest.

And just a FYI:

down·play (dounpl)
tr.v. down·played, down·play·ing, down·plays
To minimize the significance of; play down: downplayed the bad news.

That's exactly what you did. Feel free to bow out of the discussion now.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379968847' post='7898995']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude you might want to look up the word downplay. [b]If we were trying to downplay the loss[/b] we would be talking about how great Indy played vs us losing to a team that played average at best football. If anything bubba and I are being harder on the niners than anyone else

[/quote]

I clearly said that y'all are downplaying Indy's win. Do you even bother my posts or do you just get defensive after about 3 words and ignore the rest.

And just a FYI:

down·play (dounpl)

That's exactly what you guys did. Feel free to bow out of the discussion now.
[/quote]

I dont think so, Indy beat us., period. I just dont think they looked that good in doing so and more attribute it to us not doing anything for most the game. Even as bad as we played and as "good" as they played it was à 6 point game with 7 mins to go...

Downplay is you thinking Aldon Smith is overrated lol...

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1379969156' post='7899027']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379968847' post='7898995']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I clearly said that y'all are downplaying Indy's win. Do you even bother my posts or do you just get defensive after about 3 words and ignore the rest.

And just a FYI:

down·play (dounpl)

That's exactly what you guys did. Feel free to bow out of the discussion now.
[/quote]

I dont think so, Indy beat us., period. I just dont think they looked that good in doing so and more attribute it to us not doing anything for most the game. Even as bad as we played and as "good" as they played it was à 6 point game with 7 mins to go...

Downplay is you thinking Aldon Smith is overrated lol...
[/quote]

That's fair. I'll hold off on my judgement of Smith until he does something the playoffs. I hope he can get everything straightened out and return soon. It's a shame seeing such talented guys struggle with things like alcohol or drugs. He was off to a hot start on the season.

Like I said dont get me wrong Indy beat us. Personally I think it was more so due to our ineffective gameplan and for some reason abandoning the run. That has the making of à game you just need to grand out and win, but our oc wanted to keep airing it out for some reason.

Aldon is a monster and has à fast start ti the season and his career. Just needs to get his priorities and head on straight or else he has alot to lose

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1379970075' post='7899143']
Like I said dont get me wrong Indy beat us. Personally I think it was more so due to our ineffective gameplan and for some reason abandoning the run. That has the making of à game you just need to grand out and win, but our oc wanted to keep airing it out for some reason.

Aldon is a monster and has à fast start ti the season and his career. Just needs to get his priorities and head on straight or else he has alot to lose
[/quote]

Him and Von miller both. Such a shame. The ceiling is the limit for these guys.

Makes you appreciate guys like Demarcus Ware and JJ Watt. They just got about their business. Strahan was another one. Seems like someone like strahan could be a good mentor for guys like miller or smith.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379951961' post='7897341']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1379931078' post='7896219']
Giants and Washington 0-3. 2 game lead is nice for the Cowboys could easily be 3-0. Oh well on to San Diego this week.
[/quote]

Well Romo has been good thus far. He leads the league in completion percentage and is 5th in QBR while having thrown only 1 int. Maybe he can keep this pace for 16 games this season and not just 10-12 games. :)
[/quote]

Would be 0 picks if it wasn't for the Rookie WR not running his route right. However with Tony I'm always expecting a 5 Interception game. Felt sorry for Sam Bradford yesterday. His Receivers couldn't catch a thing.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1379988270' post='7900953']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379951961' post='7897341']
[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1379931078' post='7896219']
Giants and Washington 0-3. 2 game lead is nice for the Cowboys could easily be 3-0. Oh well on to San Diego this week.
[/quote]

Well Romo has been good thus far. He leads the league in completion percentage and is 5th in QBR while having thrown only 1 int. Maybe he can keep this pace for 16 games this season and not just 10-12 games. :)
[/quote]

Would be 0 picks if it wasn't for the Rookie WR not running his route right. However with Tony I'm always expecting a 5 Interception game. Felt sorry for Sam Bradford yesterday. His Receivers couldn't catch a thing.
[/quote]

Yeah.. Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time before that game comes.

But we can hope!

My wife and I watched the documentary on the Manning family tonight that was aired on ESPN tonight called The book of Manning.

We thought it was fantastic. Gives you a good glimpse into their lives and what Archie instilled into his boys that ultimately led not only to their success in sports, but also to all 3 of them being good human beings. I found it every interesting to learn about Cooper Manning, the oldest boy. He was no slouch on the football field either.

If any of you get the chance, it's definitely worth watching.

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1380488031' post='7928591']
Whew that was a close one for my hawks
[/quote]

Matt Schaub personally giftwrapped that one for you guys. He was worse than a highschool freshman in the second half...

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380497014' post='7929151']
[/quote]

Matt Schaub personally giftwrapped that one for you guys. He was worse than a highschool freshman in the second half...
[/quote]

Or you could say that Seattle's defense was fantastic in the 2nd half and OT. Sherman made a great read on that screen pass that he took to the house. Kareem Jackson cost Houston an opportunity to get the ball back and get out of there with a tie at worst. That was just an ignorant play all the way around.

If you want to be fair, a lot of the blame goes on Houston's O Line. I watched the entire game and they weren't good at all in the 2nd half. Schaub was under pressure every time that he dropped back. Ask Kaepernick how things go when you're under pressure on almost every play against Seattle.

Russell Wilson also made some terrific plays with his feet to keep plays/drives alive. Having a mobile QB such as Kaepernick or Wilson is a fantastic asset to any team, especially when plays break down.

Edit:

Schaub was 14-22 129 yards in the 2nd half with the 1 interception. How many high school freshman could have done that? He obviously wasn't great, but lets not be dramatic. :cheesy:

Don't forget that Ben Tate also fumbled deep in Houston Territory early in the 2nd half. Funny that those things go unnoticed.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1380500794' post='7929415']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Or you could say that Seattle's defense was fantastic in the 2nd half and OT. Sherman made a great read on that screen pass that he took to the house. Kareem Jackson cost Houston an opportunity to get the ball back and get out of there with a tie at worst. That was just an ignorant play all the way around.

If you want to be fair, a lot of the blame goes on Houston's O Line. I watched the entire game and they weren't good at all in the 2nd half. Schaub was under pressure every time that he dropped back. Ask Kaepernick how things go when you're under pressure on almost every play against Seattle.

Russell Wilson also made some terrific plays with his feet to keep plays/drives alive. Having a mobile QB such as Kaepernick or Wilson is a fantastic asset to any team, especially when plays break down.

Edit:

Schaub was 14-22 129 yards in the 2nd half with the 1 interception. How many high school freshman could have done that? He obviously wasn't great, but lets not be dramatic. :cheesy:
[/quote]

You are just trying to be a contrarian arent you? Did you watch the second half, in particular the 4th quarter?

He was holding the ball entirely too long, and that pick 6 he threw was one of the worst decisions Ive seen from a QB of his level in a good bit......Mentally late he played like he was 16.

Now before you go down this route, the Seahawks did everything they had to do down the stretch to steal a victory. A road W is a good W. But Houston and in particular Schaub did everything they could to hand the game away.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1380501501' post='7929509']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1380500794' post='7929415']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Edit:

[/quote]

You are just trying to be a contrarian arent you? Did you watch the second half, in particular the 4th quarter?

He was holding the ball entirely too long, and that pick 6 he threw was one of the worst decisions Ive seen from a QB of his level in a good bit......Mentally late he played like he was 16.

Now before you go down this route, the Seahawks did everything they had to do down the stretch to steal a victory. A road W is a good W. But Houston and in particular Schaub did everything they could to hand the game away.
[/quote]

So since your post was wrong, I'm being a contrarian? That makes sense.

All I'm saying is that it wasn't all his fault. If Ben Tate doesn't fumble that ball, they win. If Kareem Jackson doesn't get that stupid penalty, it's 3rd down.

It's always easy to blame the QB, but I'm not putting the entire game on him. Did he make a bad decision? Sure. But lets not pretend that Seattle didn't make some terrific plays and that Schaub was the only Texan to make mistakes.

No, I said you are being a contrarian because lately you have seemed to have just had to take the opposite of anything I have said just for the sake of doing so. Nor was your post correct and mine was wrong, its two different opinions. Im all for talking football, but you have been kind of arrogant and come off like a jerk in here of late, and I know thats not who you are because Ive talked with you many times and dealt with you as well and youre a good dude.

The reason I singled out Schaub was unlike the Jackson and Tate mistakes, his boneheaded throw led immediately to 7 points and a tie game and momentum entirely to the Seahawks. That game was over after that play. Fumbles happen, dumb penalties happen, but a vet like Schaub needs to know better than to throw a ill advised lollipop off his back foot while backpedaling away from pressure to a covered WR in that juncture of the game (it wasnt a screen pass nor did Sherman need to make a "great read"). The Texans straight up imploded in the second half, and more specifically the 4th quarter.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1380503616' post='7929671']
Bad loss by the Cowboys today. Terrence Williams just flat out sucks. On the topic of the Texans. Schaub is a Scrub. The Quicker the Texans get a good QB the better. Only thing stopping them from a being a Legit Super Bowl contender.
[/quote]

That throw by Schaub to give up the pick 6 at the end of the game was inexcusable. Horrible throw and a worse a decision by a veteran. If he were a1st or 2nd year QB, I could maybe give him a pass. But to make that throw, in a big game like that, is simply inexcusable for a guy who is in his 10th season and has started much of those 10 season.

With that said, my Bengals showed that they are still the Bengals can't be considered a true contender until they show they can consistently perform. The Bengals have a ton a talent and proved they can hang with the best in the NFL after storming back to beat the Packers in Week 3. The Bengals came into week 4 knowing this was a trap game (I mean the Browns are playing their 3rd string QB and don't have a real RB on the team) and yet the Bengals simply got manhandled all day. IMO this is a make or break year for Dalton and he simply has not been performing.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Bad loss by the Cowboys today. Terrence Williams just flat out sucks. On the topic of the Texans. Schaub is a Scrub. The Quicker the Texans get a good QB the better. Only thing stopping them from a being a Legit Super Bowl contender.
[/quote] I check out the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Randy Galloway sports column after every Cowboy game, and the first two words in this morning's column were "Breaking Bad".....how very appropriate!

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1380542900' post='7930947']
[/quote]

[b]That throw by Schaub to give up the pick 6 at the end of the game was inexcusable. Horrible throw and a worse a decision by a veteran. If he were a1st or 2nd year QB, I could maybe give him a pass. But to make that throw, in a big game like that, is simply inexcusable for a guy who is in his 10th season and has started much of those 10 season.[/b]

[/quote]

Sounds about right.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1380500553' post='7929393']
Nice to see Cutler return to form after facing a real D-line. No 3rd down conversions and 4 TO's. Seems like the Lions "might" be legit this year.
[/quote]

To be fair, that d line played havoc almost all game. To his credit, he placed it all on him, as he should.

To me, his picks were not what has me worried. The BEARS d line got absolutely gashed by a back who should not necessarily give them problems. Detroit opened up holes that Fat Albert could have run through. Tackling was atrocious. Honestly, jay will bounce back- the d has me worried...

And Detroit has a pretty decent team...

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1380585718' post='7934427']
[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1380500553' post='7929393']
Nice to see Cutler return to form after facing a real D-line. No 3rd down conversions and 4 TO's. Seems like the Lions "might" be legit this year.
[/quote]

To be fair, that d line played havoc almost all game. To his credit, he placed it all on him, as he should.

To me, his picks were not what has me worried. The BEARS d line got absolutely gashed by a back who should not necessarily give them problems. Detroit opened up holes that Fat Albert could have run through. Tackling was atrocious. Honestly, jay will bounce back- the d has me worried...

And Detroit has a pretty decent team...
[/quote]

Hogans!

These kids don't know who Fat Albert is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDT7GP9l1-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And just be happy your guys didn't look like they were playing against the Agents from the Matrix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8C9x--s3k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1380495308' post='7929079']
Giants continue to impress.

They could go all...the...way

To an 0 for season and draft Manziel.

Jets look almost as good. Gotta love a QB whose instinct is to run to the endzone. His own endzone.

Gonna be a long fall in NY.
[/quote]

Dude, you know the Giants play in the NFC East right? Have you seen the record of every other team in the East? 0-4 and they're only 2 games out of 1st. If they would have pulled the Dallas game out they would be tied for 1st. Also, I'll be the first to say Eli is throwing way too many picks, but not all are his fault. A few of them have gone off receivers' hands, one came at the end of a half as a hope and prayer and another one at the end of a game trying to make something happen. They will not go 0-16. They are not looking for another QB. Manziel will not be a top NFL passer regardless of what he's doing in college (think Gino Torretta, Ty Detmer, Ken Dorsey, etc). If anything, the Giants need a running back, offensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs that can actually cover.