Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Edel fitting booked for this Saturday!

Enjoy it. Best purchase in my bag is my murdered out Edel. Fitting process is second to none.

exactly what I want to hear and am hoping I find the exact same. Ooo murdered out? pics please! have to say if I go for a black head I think I'd have to pay the upgrade for the black shaft! I do quite like the silver finish though, looks very clean and traditional.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

I will say that after about 3-4 months there are signs of wear from putting so much but I love the non-glare finish ... also why I love raw finished wedges.

I opted for the sound slot and murdered out black finish, a very minimalist design from what they normally do. I also didn't get the PIXL insert as I absolutely HATE inserts and had an old Ping Anser 2i that had the same technology from way back in the day ... didn't like it.

You can get a TON of custom options, just ask your fitter as they do pretty much everything.

Looks great! Did u get any stampings? Not sure whether to get the pixl insert or not, will have to see how it feels I guess

Have struggled with my chipping a little bit recently, had a tendency to hit them slightly thin. Not proper skulls over the green just slightly thin where they carry similar distance just no stop.

Was at the range tonight and my club pros do a thing every Wednesday there with some of the members, unlimited balls, drinks and a bit of coaching. Quite a nice thing through the winter.

Anyway the head pro pointed out that I setup with quite a lot of shaft lean in my chipping setup. A good thing in the rest of the game just not in chipping. He had me setup with less and was instantly connecting better and able to release the right hand more. Feels like I'm tilting left almost and very on top of the ball. No denying the results though.

odyssey 7 & hybrid sold already, so that's £130 after fees and postage towards the putter, the 1w has bids up to £65, if everything sells for what I reckon then the edel will cost me about £40, sounds a bargain when said like that :lol:

odyssey 7 & hybrid sold, so that's £130 after fees and postage towards the putter, the 1w has bids up to £65, if everything sells for what I reckon then the edel will cost me about £40, sounds a bargain when said like that :lol:

Now you're learning

After this clear out there's nothing left to sell though to fund the next club (driver) :(

unless David Duval makes a comeback (less likely) or I win the open as an amateur next year (more likely :lol:) and I can sell my camerons with DD stamped on them for a fortune :D

odyssey 7 & hybrid sold, so that's £130 after fees and postage towards the putter, the 1w has bids up to £65, if everything sells for what I reckon then the edel will cost me about £40, sounds a bargain when said like that :lol:

Now you're learning ��

After this clear out there's nothing left to sell though to fund the next club (driver) :(

unless David Duval makes a comeback (less likely) or I win the open as an amateur next year (more likely :lol:) and I can sell my camerons with DD stamped on them for a fortune :D

True ho'ing is about rationalization. If you can rationalize it, it was a good deal.

Really like this new video on transition by Tony Luczak, addresses getting the arms pinned to the chest and working out which are my faults. Certainly been hitting the ball lovely since working on getting the arms working sooner & more vertically with the flamingo drill, that coupled with trying to get the impact/extension after the ball.

Edel fitting tomorrow! :D :D

Edel fitting today! :D

Feel like a kid waking up on Christmas day

The Edel fitting was amazing, Paul Holland @ Belvedere driving range in Essex was brilliant too. The fitting ended up being 80 minutes and was really thorough.

Started off chatting about my game and putting and then rolled a few putts with my own putter just so he could have a look at my stroke and how I hit putts. I have a very good putting stroke apparently :D

Then on to the laser aim, addressed a ball 3 times with my own putter and the laser rebounded high and right. Which makes sense as I tend to miss left to right putts low and right to left putts high. We then tried a few head and hosel combinations and found that a little bit of offset in the shaft was good for me and that the e-1 mallet got me aiming at the right edge of the hole and a tad high. Then onto alignments, we tried all manner of things and seemingly nothing made me aim more left, a few of the setups were further right but mainly they were all just inside the right edge. (Bearing in mind this is an 8 foot putt and the laser is doubled so 16 foot putt, that's not bad, but not perfect). We then tried just a dot on the head and that brought my aim central but a tad high. He then put a dot on the back part of the putter. BOOM! perfection. Centre cup and about 6 inches up the board. Setup several times to the ball going through my routine and all spot on bar 1. Which evidently i cause occasionally in how I setup to the ball and do a little shuffle to settle my feet. I also shuffle left side slightly and open the face. So he said I should change my routine and get feet set with putter just in my right hand aiming and then putt left hand on. Does feel a lot more stable and lined up perfect 5 in a row.

Next was onto weighting. As I thought I need some counterweight as I use acceleration to control distance, so the putter needs to be balanced so my hand speed matches the head speed and there's no lag. Ended up with 60g in the butt end and 21g extra in the head. Putter feels super stable. Amazing how a few grams at each end changed the feel and the results but this setup was def the best for me.

All that was left was to choose my finish - platinum, stamping - my initials DD on the bottom, paint fill of red & blue, and confirm that I want the round grip on it. The round grip didn't feel odd at all and I actually enjoyed the 'freedom' in my hands with no flat part.

I've never ever seen a putter like this nor had Paul, wonder if Edel have ever made one with double dots?!

It's going to be a long 4 week wait now! Those of you in the UK who are thinking of doing it I definitely should and definitely should soon because edel are putting the prices up 10% in December!

Here's what she looks like:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BMb3ogLhscP/

Forgot to say it's the e-1 torque balanced putter. Didn't even realise when I was rolling the putts as didn't feel odd or anything. Felt very natural and stable.

I also putted quite a few 4 footers with the assembled putter and didn't miss one.

Going to be hard putting in the mean time, have cut the end of the grip off put a 50g bolt in the end of the putter to help. Playing a competition tomorrow at Royal Cinque Ports with a lot of wind forecast so looking forward to the challenge!

Wow nice Dave!! Thanks for the write up, my birthday is coming up and my wife has been asking what I want as a present, a trip to Essex might be in order.

I'd thoroughly recommend it, Paul was really great to deal with too. He teaches Richard Mcevoy.

I wish I had the cash to help you get rid of some of the "DD" putters! Congrats on getting to Scratch, that's a fantastic accomplishment.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I wish I had the cash to help you get rid of some of the "DD" putters! Congrats on getting to Scratch, that's a fantastic accomplishment.

ha thanks!

Hi Dave,

I hope you don't mind me asking but how much will it all cost? Fitting and putter.

PM sent

Flamingo drill ??

Yeah flamingo drill, its a drill recommended by Tony Luczak to help get the arms moving better, sooner etc

It perhaps wasn't the best idea to get fitted for the putter the day before a competition, played at Royal Cinque Ports and had 8 (YES 8!) 3 putts, and literally made nothing on the greens.

yes the greens are undulating and I struggled to read them but can't help but feel knowing I cant aim this putter didn't help! it was so windy, about 30mph and I hit the ball great considering. Take out the 3 putts and I would have come 3rd!

front 9 was mainly into and left to right, back 9 slightly down and right to left, very hard to control the ball with such a strong crosswind but was really happy with how I drove it and irons were pretty good, just short game was horrendous, chipping included but that wasn't as bad as the putting.

an example of how long it was playing: par 4 9th hole, 403 yards off the back tee, slight dog leg left I hit a real solid drive straight into the wind and still had 196 to the flag! nutted a low 2 iron which landed front edge. one of the few times I then didn't 3 putt :lol:

Dave, really enjoyed this thread. I've also just discovered Tony Luczak from the be better golf YouTube channel. A lot of what he teaches makes sense to me. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I do like a lot of what he teaches, certainly his flamingo drill is the first drill I've had some success with that actually gets me moving my arms quicker and getting them off my chest more & working more vertically as FWP said I needed to do. His idea of impact out past the ball really resonated with me too. excited to take some video in a couple of weeks time and see if the drills and intents have had any noticeable change on my swing

All my clubs I was selling have sold, after ebay fees the Edel will cost me about £15. Bargain!

Really interesting video of David Leadbetter giving buzza a lesson, especially in regards to the right elbow movement in the backswing and how it then allows the "pulling the arrow" move in the downswing. My takeaway is very similar to buzza's and looks very handsy but DL says it's the right elbow folding too early that causes this.

Keeping the right arm straighter for longer kinda reminds me of Dans straight arm sync drill?

Have bought one of these cheap putting mats, plan on attaching it to a thin length of mdf/wood for use in the lounge in the house, 2m long and will store neatly behind the door when not in use. Feel it's better to attach it to something so you don't have wrinkles or kinks in it. Nothing mega high tech just something simple to work on my putting with, my carpet has patterns on it so is quite hard to putt on properly.

Putting_Mat_std.jpg

Took some videos tonight at the range and low and behold the same old issue when I work on arms first transition, no rotation at impact. Shoulders still closed after impact. I really don't understand how to get my arms working quicker/sooner whilst still getting rotated more. Before arms and after trying to get open.

PhotoGrid_1478806712572.jpg

Have spec'd my current gamer to my edel weighting & with the same round grip, thought this would be a good idea to help get used to the grip and the weightings in it.

Thanks to trying2scratch who gave me the grip type (tacki-mac oversized non taper) and I ordered one from an online golf shop in Norway who ship to the uk, £7 delivered. Next to find a 60g counter weight, found an old spare wheel stud at work, that weighed 58g, had to grind the head down a bit to get it to sit flush to the shaft. It now weighed 56g, added a small strip of lead tape to get it to 60g then some cellotape around it to make it a snug fit.

20161115_135927.jpg

Then to trim the shaft length down a smidge to keep the playing length 34" with the bolt fitted

20161115_135952.jpg

Then came the easiest putter grip installation I've ever done! no flat edge to have to line up!

20161115_140429.jpg

And the finished product with a mildly better background than the dirty workshop :lol:

20161115_140958.jpg

Doesn't feel that odd with it being round, I suppose coming from a mid slim 2.0 which is fairly round helps, it feels a little small but that's expected coming from the superstroke.

1 week down into my edel wait.

Slight hiccup with the Edel, my fitter was emailed by Bobby Dean saying the factory said they cant put a sight dot on the back of the putter. Now luckily this isn't an issue as I aimed it dead centre with the top sight dot, all the back one did is bring the loft down a little, so will go with 1 degree less loft. Which is actually what my fitter said we would do before trying the back sight dot as well.

To be honest this may be a blessing in disguise as I was a little concerned about the alignment of the dots due to me eyes setting up a couple of inches inside the ball. Yes it was fine for a few setups at the fitting but would the fact they look out of alignment play on my mind after a while? I had this problem with the rife putter I had which had the top line notch, because my eyes are inside the ball the 2 lines didn't match up. So this means that problem is avoided, as I said hopefully a blessing in disguise, the main thing is the aim was still spot on.

Here's an example of what I mean by the mis alignment when not viewed from directly above:

Rife-Switchback-Putter_0147.jpg

Some real good practice and work on my game done this week, and most importantly some figuring out of what's going wrong so I can work on fixing it.

Chipping wise still been struggling with inconsistent contact, videoed some chips and I wasn't rotating at all and my right elbow just sort of chicken winging to take the club back. Put my tourstriker smart ball in just below my elbows and voila, keeps my arms in sync with my chest and gets everything moving back and through together. This coupled with a little more weight on my left side at address has got me hitting really solid short game shots again. Given the time of year I bought some wiffle balls (can't believe I didn't buy any sooner) so I can chip balls in the lounge working on technique without damaging anything. So now there's no excuses for not doing lots of reps to fix my short game issues. Love the smart ball.

20161119_080325.jpg

Swing wise, downswing still don't like the back out move but need to fix the backswing issues first. Was standing up slightly and losing my tush line, left knee gaining more flex than the right knee losing all of which combined in my staying on my left side a bit at the top which gives myself very little room.

Did lots of drills and feels with bum against a wall to try and get a feeling to keep the tush line, it feels like my whole right side is stretched and extended when done right, and almost like my hips are further right but that's just due to how i'm used to feeling with falling into my left side at the top.

trying to get the right hip back keeps the tush line but I end up with way too much hip turn, so much so there's a huge gap between my knees from a dtl view. what really gets me in a better position is getting my shoulders working more vertically, left shoulder down right shoulder up and away from the ball. I found this Martin Hall drill gives me the perfect feel for how the body should rotate in the backswing, and also helps with the downswing rotation too. Definitely a drill I'm going to work on a lot the next couple of months.

[media=]

[/media]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BM9soA4BQxJ/

A still from the swing in the link aboce last night showing that I keep the tush line and have pretty much equal knee movements too:

Screenshot_20161119-090049.png

Really happy with this and looks a ton better than it did a little while ago:

Screenshot_20161119-092849.png

My only other backswing concern is whether I am slightly laid off or not? It obviously looks like it but that's due to it being way short of parallel but I'm wondering whether its too far to the left, my arms do then work down on the plane of the shaft which FWP said is too out. Maybe if the shaft was a little more upright I'd be able to get the arms working down more and not be so shallow? Something that's very hard to see with such a short swing, would be cut and dry it I swung to parallel.

Overall very happy and got some good things to work on for the next few weeks/months to get these ingrained.