thanks

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

This is the putting tempo aid I mentioned in my last post, it really does work wonders for me to help keep my stroke smooth and to stop getting snatchy. The pureness of contact when I switch to my normal putter afterwards is so good. It's called the butter putter, I picked mine up on ebay for about £20 and would recommend it to everyone.

butter-putter-1b.jpg

https://eyelinegolf.com/products/butter-putter-tempo-trainer-with-flex-sleeve?variant=507894189

been working on arms more vertical in the downswing rather than out as recommended to me by FWP and looks a ton better even after just 1 practice session hitting lots of half shots and slow motion work.

I noticed that when I do practice swings I let my left foot roll really easily, almost so much there's no pressure to the ground at all. I know I roll onto the outside into the follow through because of a lack of flexibility in it but this has is just a bad habit I've gotten into when trying to get more open. in turn my left leg doesn't really clear rather than turns to an 11.30 position, I actually get more clearance and left leg straightens more keeping pressure in that left foot and not letting it roll so easily so early. feels odd but will help.

I also don't get anywhere near open enough when rehearsing more vertical arms, something that happened before when working on arms first. Think I need to make such a conscious effort to get hips 30* open at p6 with arms working more vertical in practice swings. If I can't do it properly in a practice swing how am I ever going to do it in a real swing at 110mph?!?

this is so hard for me to get right.

Dave - I'm nowhere near the player you are nor a pro so take this with a big grain of salt.

However, I've found that your hips will be as open as they need to be given how your delivering the club. Consciously trying to be more open, may not be the best route.

Oh I agree, can't just get a lot more open but I'm not even opening my hips in my practice swing there. So I'm just ingraining the feel of being closed and my arms will have to dump leverage that way. Arms need to work more vertical with body still rotating. I struggle to get the feel of doing both

New training aid has arrived though! Am a big fan of a ball between the arms to keep things in sync but fed up of the one I have in my bag falling out and the tennis ball I made on a lanyard is just too small and hard.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BL-qRmMh2GD/

New training aid has arrived though! Am a big fan of a ball between the arms to keep things in sync but fed up of the one I have in my bag falling out and the tennis ball I made on a lanyard is just too small and hard.

http://www.instagram.../p/BL-qRmMh2GD/

I have this as well. The best training aid around together with the swingyde.

http://www.instagram.../p/BL-qRmMh2GD/

I have this as well. The best training aid around together with the swingyde.

Making some practice swings with it and it feels awesome, much better than the things I had, love the adjustability and how light it is, can't wait to use it hitting balls tonight

I noticed that when I do practice swings I let my left foot roll really easily, almost so much there's no pressure to the ground at all. I know I roll onto the outside into the follow through because of a lack of flexibility in it but this has is just a bad habit I've gotten into when trying to get more open. in turn my left leg doesn't really clear rather than turns to an 11.30 position, I actually get more clearance and left leg straightens more keeping pressure in that left foot and not letting it roll so easily so early. feels odd but will help.

First, congratulations on becoming a scratch golfer. Really well done mate.

I'm absolutely no expert, but FWIW I recall reading somewhere that when the lead foot ends up like that it means the stance is too narrow.

First, congratulations on becoming a scratch golfer. Really well done mate.

I'm absolutely no expert, but FWIW I recall reading somewhere that when the lead foot ends up like that it means the stance is too narrow.

Double thank you, that's a really interesting piece of information, just doing a swing then it doesn't roll if I get my stance wider, I always thought I had a fairly wide stance but maybe not wide enough for my body/motion? certainly something to experiment with.

I found this piece of video extremely interesting in terms of getting more open, I know Tony Luczak believes in the arms controlling the swing, and in this section of video I'm found wondering whether my perception of impact and extension is wrong. Thinking about it I am very much concentrated on hitting the ball, rather than as Tony says "what we work on is trying to feel impact is beyond the ball",

ballbound.jpg

I guess similar to Bobby Clampett's idea? Certainly got me thinking about my intents, thinking about it I am very much hit at the ball and arms are extended at the ball and then from there my left arm starts to fold straight after the ball. Rather than arms and club fully extended at the sort of 4.30 clock position from face on as Adam Scott shows below.

scottimpact.jpg

which ties in with exactly what TL was saying above. Which would certainly make sense as to why I cant get more open because if the arms club unit are extended at impact, then the chest has to be square to the ball if the arms are straight. I physically cannot get more open if the arms are extended and straight at impact, whereas if they fully extend and straighten after the ball, then you will be able to rotate more?

Does that make sense? Have others found this or focus on impact after the ball?

Just got back from the range working on the above and it was an absolute stripe show, haven't hit the ball that solid in a while. Playing Friday so will see if it works on the course. Doesn't really feel that different just that the release is out in front of the ball rather than at the ball

Just got back from the range working on the above and it was an absolute stripe show, haven't hit the ball that solid in a while. Playing Friday so will see if it works on the course. Doesn't really feel that different just that the release is out in front of the ball rather than at the ball

What is your intent now as far as impact is concerned?

What is your intent now as far as impact is concerned?

Basically that my "impact" is out infront of the ball, that I want my arms extended and club all in sort of a line a couple of feet past the ball. Almost the thought that I'm achieveing maximum speed at that point past the ball rather than at the ball. As silly and simple as it sounds that my hands are leading the clubhead when I make contact with the ball and everything releases into a straight line a few feet infront of the ball. Hopefully these pictures help show what I mean/feel:

impactpastball3.jpg

impactpastball2.jpg

impactpastball.jpg

roryimpact.jpg

In this Rory photo the purple line is where I visualise/feel my intent is for my arms to both be straight and extended, not at the ball.

An example of hideki just after impact when his arms aren't yet fully extended.

Definitely think I'm on to something here as far as intent and understanding of impact. I definitely hit at the ball rather than aiming to have my arms fully extended just past the ball.

Played the international course at The London Club yesterday (where they had the volvo matchplay 2 years ago) shot level par, doubled the first after taking a too aggressive line cutting the corner on the first and losing it. Was 3 over front 9 and 3 under on the back. Could've been a lot lower but really struggled reading the greens. I missed 3 eagle putts inside 12 feet. Drove the ball brilliantly with the new intent, irons were mostly good but the odd miss left. Par 4 7th 325 yards I drove it to here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMG4Dw0BfE2/

Unfortunately this was 1 of the 3 missed Eagle putts, tap in birdies are always good though. It's a great course and thoroughly recommend it for those in the south East of England.

Really tempted to do an Edel putter fitting. Whether I'd buy one I don't know but I really think I could benefit from knowing the weightings that are best for me in a putter, I sware I need some weight under the grip somewhere to help keep my stroke smooth.

I really think it would help with the type of stroke I have going by some of the edel putter fitting videos on youtube

Edel fitting booked for this Saturday!

Dave, where are you having the Edel fitting? I am also in SE England (Surrey) and haven't been able to locate a fitter down our way.

it's with a guy called Paul Holland at Belvedere driving range near Basildon, he's listed on the edel site and found some good reviews for him on a golf monthly forum. Certainly talking to him on the phone he seemed knowledgeable, interested and easy to get along with. He is mainly a golf coach but does the fittings too. Hopefully it'll be great! will do a full write up once I've been.

I'm so excited and so impatient, want it to be Saturday already! On the downside I am playing in Kent trials down at Royal Cinque Ports the day after so going to be hard to convince myself I can hole putts with my old putter.

Sounds good! I''ll have to give him a call, am intrigued by the Edel fitting tech so good to know that a fitter isn't too far away. If you ever fancy a round at Kingswood in Surrey drop me a message.

His number is on the edel site, not a million miles from you as long as the m25 is OK. Whether you want to hold fire to see how Saturday goes that's your call, I'll be posting about it as soon as I get home afterwards.

Yeah I'd def be keen to play there! Very kind of you to offer. I'm fairly booked up weekend wise til Christmas but maybe we can organise something spring time when the weather perks up a bit? I wonder if there are many others on here in our area?

Of course Dave, we have just finished drainage work at my place as it's pretty high up in the hills so get quite soggy during winter. Spring is a good idea! Enjoying your thread, my regular group are low single digits mainly (apart from me..) so UK scratch is pretty damn handy, well played sir. Let me know how the fitting goes.

Of course Dave, we have just finished drainage work at my place as it's pretty high up in the hills so get quite soggy during winter. Spring is a good idea! Enjoying your thread, my regular group are low single digits mainly (apart from me..) so UK scratch is pretty damn handy, well played sir. Let me know how the fitting goes.

spring it is, assuming we get nice weather, hard to plan golf in advance in this country! Thanks for the kind words, will do. Only 3 more sleeps :D

Enjoy it. Best purchase in my bag is my murdered out Edel. Fitting process is second to none.

exactly what I want to hear and am hoping I find the exact same. Ooo murdered out? pics please! have to say if I go for a black head I think I'd have to pay the upgrade for the black shaft! I do quite like the silver finish though, looks very clean and traditional.

Have listed 6 clubs on ebay to raise funds for the edel to make me feel less guilty about spending so much dough on it / give me margin for error if I want the black shaft upgrade :lol:

am selling a yes tracy, my yes callie versa, odyssey versa 2 ball, odyssey tank 1w, odyssey white ice 7 with garsen max grip (stenson replica) and my 20* xr pro hybrid is being sold, the 2 iron is just too consistent and trust worthy off the tee so the hybrid is going.

If all these sell for even the starting price / best offer then i'll make about £240 after fees and postage, so that makes the edel £100, bargain! fingers crossed they all sell

Enjoy it. Best purchase in my bag is my murdered out Edel. Fitting process is second to none.

exactly what I want to hear and am hoping I find the exact same. Ooo murdered out? pics please! have to say if I go for a black head I think I'd have to pay the upgrade for the black shaft! I do quite like the silver finish though, looks very clean and traditional.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

I will say that after about 3-4 months there are signs of wear from putting so much but I love the non-glare finish ... also why I love raw finished wedges.

I opted for the sound slot and murdered out black finish, a very minimalist design from what they normally do. I also didn't get the PIXL insert as I absolutely HATE inserts and had an old Ping Anser 2i that had the same technology from way back in the day ... didn't like it.

You can get a TON of custom options, just ask your fitter as they do pretty much everything.

Hats Off Bro!!

Continued Success :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24